AuthorMessage
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Aha, Share what you felt was hilarious while playing Very Happy geek

My funniest moment was probably when in a dungeon in a party..

Someone shouted Trap Room just before i ran into a room and i died when i went in.
So i was left saying; "Oh so that's what you mean by Trap Room jocolor "

Sad
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:26 pm

my initiation to shroud...

Auro you have to click right in the center of that portal....we get an extra chest....

but if you do it wrong we all die....

they all died
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 am

In the Hound of Xoriat, I accidentally hit the "break enchantment" button on my hotbar instead of "globe of invulnerability" (the icons look the same and were right next to each other).

What happened was all the charmed puppies broke and we all died when the momma hound ate us for dinner - lol (100% my fault, btw).

Haven't been back down there with that toon since (and yes, I move the button to the other side of my screen).

hehe
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 am

i tried to kick someone out who wasnt responding and i accidentally pressed promote... Sad
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I laugh whenever I try to swim anywhere. Seriously need to take some time to practice that ^^
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Very Happy

Try swimming in the harbor for practice Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:25 pm

... after jumping off the airship? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:26 pm

lol i was having a blast that one time, cracking myself up trying to kill myself by jumping off the airship.

5 times in a row, i jumped to my doom. each time tho, i landed in the water! lol!
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:42 pm

I opened the trapped secret door yesterday... and lived! But it killed Anto Sad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 pm

created a melee cleric and a dwarf fighter over on Sarlona server, just trying out new things, turns out i really like the dwarf Very Happy

Fresh from korthos, i come to harbour and nearly straight away i get 5 people interested ranging from lvl 2-4

I'm the guy who pwned everything btw Very Happy

DDO Funny Moments DDOPic2
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:18 am

First funny. So I have this drow wizard that I'm trying out for kicks. Joined a small group with some friendly types who didn't mind me ballsing up an elite run of MP. How did I balls it up? Didn't pick up my hirelings soulstone. We got to the end and we couldn't finish out. Had to go all the way back to pick up the stone which was in the midst of respawning ice spiders near the start. Several others died in the attempt until a WF fighter toon managed to pick up all our stones and run like crazy to the end.

Second funny. The people in the group still asked if I wanted to join their guild. Which I did.

Third funny. One of the guys in the guild is another low level wiz. He got new robes. Asked if I wanted his old robes. I said sure as I was still wearing the standard issue given out in korthos. Turns out the hand-me-down robes give an extra 10 sp. Nice, but I already had that non-stackable bonus. He then pointed out that they were also sacred robes which help toons who can turn the dead. In other words, not wizards. However, the guy then said that the robes look good. On this I agreed and am therefore wearing them =)

Final funny. We did some harbour quests, then the same guy suggested irestone inlet - with just our two low level squishy wizards. I won't go into details but there was a lot of bleeding out and eventual death. We both agreed that next time we'd bring a hireling.

Laughed a lot last night. Think I'm going to like this group, but not expecting to see this particular toon advance in great leaps and bounds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 am

Well not so funny at the time but still funny.

Ran the entire Necro 1 "heart" series and got access to the Bloody Crypt.

Cleaned out the entire place and got to the endboss vampire (and planning on upgrading my silver flame trinket and getting a ton of XP) and my ISP takes a crap (usually very reliable).

Finally reconnected 10 minutes later and of course I'm screwed lol.

Oh well, at least I have it unlocked.

Bugger.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 pm

I don't have a reliable ISP, so I sympathise with the losing out due to being let down by it. Starting to lose count of the number of quests I've died in because of my shit internet. Tonight was slightly different as didn't die. I'd forgotten that I'd bought the Sharn Syndicate pack a while ago and hadn't looked at it. My main toon is too high now to get any decent xp from it but thought I would look in anyway to see what its all about.

A few quests in and I'm hacking away at some crystals to escape a bank vault and the major lag kicks in. Crystals remain undestroyed and iron defenders are snapping at my heels. I check the lag and its saying something like 330% loss. But I'm not dying because I'm throwing saves against the doggies even though I'm not registering any hits. My main thought? Sod it. Set auto attack and went to make a cup of tea.

Came back five mins later and my toon is still swinging the great sword to no effect while the doggies are still spitting grease and nipping at her to no effect. It made me smile. Such a silly situation.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 pm

lol

i had lag so bad once, i was jumping in place for like 3 minutes straight. when it finally went through, i was 1000's of feet in the air and fell to my death Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:07 am

Hehehe ... did you have that Wile E Coyote moment of hanging in the air, realising you were about to plunge to your doom and going 'oh shit!' ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:08 am

lol that sums it up perfectly actually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 am

Was just thinking about this one, as Anto and I still make fun of this guy lol... Anto and I had rolled a couple of new toons and were running them through Korthos. We grouped up with a few people to get it done, including a lvl 2 sorceror. As we were making our way from one quest to another on the island, we saw the sorceror run erratically around. I asked Anto "hey, what's he running from? He aggro a bunch of guys or something?" And then we both laughed a lot as we saw he was being chased by.... a lone rat!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:25 am

Heee-eey! Those rats have sharp teeth! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:38 pm

i was in a group with one kid, with a mic, he started calling me SIR at the start AND end of every sentence. Then he asked would i invite 4 of his other friends. By the time they all join, there all saying Sir before and after everything they say xD

I've grouped with them a few times, they call anyone who's goup leader SIR lol
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:48 pm

That is really sweet =) Were they american? I've come across americans who've call me ma'am in msn which I found a bit irritating until I realised they were not trying to be ironic but rather polite instead.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:33 pm

yea they definitely were. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:43 am

I was in a group with Tod waiting for the final person to arrive to start a quest, and someone started dancing. By the time the final person arrived, we were all dancing together in a corner of the quest and the guy was looking at us like we were crazy and seemed impatient to start. It had to have been a hilarious sight, I know my character can't really dance Razz
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 am

Aye Great hugger, no where near as good as dancer, you need to be a Elf to bust the real moves

Tod
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Ok the funniest moment I have seen was last night when we were doing Gwylans Stand. We got to that spot where the minotaurs come up the steps, one hit Val so hard it sent him flying off the edge. Anto and Grace missed the whole thing, and I was far enough back I got the whole view of the lil dwarf getting flattened and flung over the edge.

Do elven males have the stripper dance too?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:36 am

Led a full Delera's group run today with a bunch of zergers (i.e. people who run ahead and don't follow instructions).

One caster in particular was an uber n00b - here are some famous last words to him (he died at least 7 times):

Now, let's all go in these rooms together, OK? (3 times)
OK, look out - there's a trap here. (2 times)
Let's try pulling the wights back to the doorway so we don't draw aggro.
There's no need to fight the oozes - stay out of there...

Not to mention he was pulling switches left and right and got someone else killed too - lol.

The caster wasn't the only one running around batty.

After playing bard songs to myself and chasing the party down to blur them I finally gave up.

However, on the final boss I said, "you zergers had better listen up!"

Told them we needed to buff and prepare - and of course the caster ran right in - lol.

Then he was complaining about 2/3 endchests being locked (this being a caster without a knock scroll/spell) - too funny.

Got my Voice of the Master though - hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DDO Funny Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO Funny Moments   DDO Funny Moments Empty

Back to top Go down

DDO Funny Moments
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next