AuthorMessage
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

Family Usergroup "Blount"  Empty
PostSubject: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:43 am

This really has been last on my priority list since mostly everyone is gone/dead IG. At one time was the head of this family rp group, it was a lot of fun. Once everyone left etc. had no interest in getting it going ever again. However, found myself needing to get back into the forum of it to get my charry's history stuff etc. for my bio I've been working on here in Biz/Ireland section in my spare time over the last few months or so. A problem I've ran into, apparently to be put back on as the main user for this user-group I need to have 'votes' per Badger to get back on it...very annoying, but I suppose I can understand, I think. So, was wondering if anyone would mind joining the family? I'll be honest up front...am only wanting to do this to get the info out of it, a bit sentimental I guess too and really have no intention of actually making a go of it again. But, for the sake of rp etc and anyone is actually interested in making it a thing for background use etc, that's fine too.

But would anyone be willing to help put forth a 'vote' to help me get access again? Would be appreciated. Just post here and we'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sean_nngo
Commoner
Sean_nngo

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:26 am

Where do we need to send the votes?!
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am

you have my vote Trin, anything I can do to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 am

Likewise, let me know how I can help. in RK RP, I have only one known relative and she has died...so not exactly sure about the family thing.
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Yes, I can join as well. My family, the Kennedy's, have dispersed (mostly to Mackenzies, sad). So I can join for the vote and for possible RP. Cuz you know, Toastini's dad was Kennedy...but what was her mom?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:45 pm

This is amazing! Can't thank you all enough! Very Happy

I'll message Badger right now and see what we need to do about this vote thing going with the details etc. I'll post them here, again, thank ya'll so much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reddmaeve
Citizen
Reddmaeve

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 pm

If you need anymore, feel free to add me to the list.....
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Got a response today from Badger, seems I need to start a poll thread/voting thing, which I have and I'll link him and he'll take it from there I guess.

Reddmaeve, you are more than welcome to jump in and will do! Anyone who is interested is more than welcome, I don't have all the exact family profile information but of course once we get access everyone will be able to take a look around at what's there, which I'm hoping nothing was deleted with all the forum changes (it's been that long!) and decide if it's right for ya. Basically Viking heritage etc. The family back in the day was quite a mixed group of both do-gooder's and then of course the ones like me, hehe. Sure miss them. All these replies here actually have me pretty excited about it now and it'll be awesome!

Here's the link, I honestly wasn't sure where to put it since I wasn't sure exactly where everyone had access so it's in Babel:

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?p=84389604#84389604
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Thinking Babel may not have been the best place to put it since there's a few 'no' votes without any reasoning posts behind them. *sigh* spam in a can...not always tasty haha
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Quote :
The forum1 family usergroups are useless, they connect to nothing. What happened is that when the forums split we had to rebuild all the user groups on forum2 for the forums that moved to forum2, but the forum1 original groups were not always deleted.

Your family was on forum2, but I think that it may be gone now. Best thing would be for you to submit a request for a new family (instructions are in the Announcements section) and then I can get you all set up.[Badger]

It's gone...all if it is gone. Not sure if at this point I even want to do it or even go there. Sad
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 pm

What does that mean, "I think it may be gone now"...there are groups on there with no activity since early 2009.

Very frustrating, I do understand.

If you do, I am still interested in examining Toasti's mother's lineage. It'd be cool if we were distant cousins some how. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 pm

I don't know honestly, at first he was having a hard time even finding it on the first forum, I found it...sent the link but it didn't work for him? It shows up for me but apparently even tho it's on there it doesn't work? Everything's gone? I don't know...frustrating I guess.

I'd like that a lot Toasti Very Happy I guess if it really is gone I'll take an evening and see what I can't remember or find. There was so much work put into it. Maybe this time around it'd be even that much more awesome?! Razz
Back to top Go down
Shanor
Squire
Shanor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Ugh - it was on forum 1? That may pose an insurmountable problem. Sad

Long ago, in an rk far, far away, there was only 1 forum. When the forum split come, most of the private forums got moved to forum 2 and the only thing left on forum 1 is 'ghosts' of the old forums. Some active ones stayed on forum 1 and got moved as requested or when the forum admins were doing some clean-up etc. Thats my recollection anyway, I remember some groups changing location along the way but was never involved in the details.

Anyway, this is what I get when I look at the forum info from the forum1 usergroup search:

Family Usergroup "Blount"  Offici10

Was it ever on Forum 2? I couldn't find 'The Blount family" on forum2, although it wouldn't show if it was originally hidden to non-members. If it was never moved to forum2, chances are, it was never maintained. Add to that the forum1 major crash from last year. Some things were never recovered, even from active forums. (I lost a lot of history myself when all the posts from the Dueling World Tour in the International Dueling Forum disappeared without a trace.) Since your forum was a 'ghost' on forum1, no effort would have been made to recover posts.

If the forum had a presence on forum2 at some point, it would make things a lot easier.

ETA: Damn, didn't notice the reply from Badger up there.

Do another search on forum2 Trin. Hit the dropdown and type a 'T' to quickly go to the Ts. The family is listed as THE Blount family.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ffrv.org
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:42 pm

I understand your frustration, Trin. A few years ago, Tobbi (a Kennedy, now deceased) deleted all threads in the Kennedy forum as an attention getting move because he was dissatisfied with how quiet we had gotten. All the history and back stories--gone. What a dick! It is disheartening to think of having to redo something. But since it is fiction--you can write your history as anything! Very Happy With the help of newly found family members!
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:56 am

Rothar deleted a bunch of stuff from Roses, too. If I had know it was an eradication-level offense, the past year and a half of RK Scotland would have been very different.

So sorry to hear that it has disappeared on you, hopefully you'll be able to dig some things up.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:10 pm

The name escapes me but someone deleted all the threads in the Library of the kingdoms forum a long time ago ( I think 5-6 years) and got banned from RK for life.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:38 pm

I remember when Wolfmist "moved" all the HoP threads as a 'Guy Fawkes' joke. That pissed a fair few people off, I found it rather amusing especially when nobody knew the quick way of putting them back. I think that he put them back himself, or one of the mods learned how to put them back, can't remember which now.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Going to work on getting this up and running this week...and yes, it was all lost! Every damn bit of it. The fun part will be getting it all back Razz We'll work on it, had a family tree somewhere...I'll have to do some digging, should have some of it to get us started.
Back to top Go down
Siren_RK
Serf
Siren_RK

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I used to be on the Blount forum but I can't see it there any more either . I used to be Chimera De Belas and the two families were linked so that is how I got access.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 pm

I remember Smile btw, eta...just waiting on Badger to get it set up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 am

Alrighty, it is up! I've added some of you already, and have some threads up. if there's anyone wanting to join just put ur IG name here and I'll think about adding you. LOL Razz Siren? is that ur ig name?

It's on the 2nd forum btw (groan!).
Back to top Go down
Tadhg o' Cleirgh
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Ugh, the 2nd forum? Geez. Thats my favourite spot. Well, thanks for the invite, unsure what its about, but you can count me in. I'm still part of the O'Cleirgh clan up in Kilbannon and Kilmacdough, but its not totally binding. Extended family and all that. They don't gain any importance for another 150 years. Who knows what was in the past then?
Back to top Go down
Mick
Squire
Mick

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Count me in trin. With it being forum 2 I can't see me checking the forum more than once a week our so, but but if thats good ill go in with you on there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 am

I've added ya's! Very Happy lol Mick, I'll be honest too, with it being the second forum, I may not be on there as much myself, at least not until after I get all the details together for everyone! Razz
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Found the forum!

I was wondering, perhaps one could be created here? I know those with admin capabilities have created family/org private threads here on nngo.biz. I dunno if we need it private, per se. Up to you of course.

I look forward to seeing how the family tree develops!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Usergroup "Blount"    Family Usergroup "Blount"  Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Usergroup "Blount"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next