Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

RPers! Here is a challenge for you!

Go down 
+5
Aidan
Elois
Zakku
Bekah
Toasti Jen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian
RK Profession: Blacksmith

RPers! Here is a challenge for you! Empty
PostSubject: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:33 pm

RPers! Here is a challenge for you! Nanowr12

Join me! I have signed up this year for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for the first time. I am going to try to write 50,000 words/175 pages in the month of November!

Here are some reasons why a person would do something that sounds like punishment (from the NaNoWriMo website):

What is NaNoWriMo?
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.

Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that's a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down.

As you spend November writing, you can draw comfort from the fact that, all around the world, other National Novel Writing Month participants are going through the same joys and sorrows of producing the Great Frantic Novel. Wrimos meet throughout the month to offer encouragement, commiseration, and—when the thing is done—the kind of raucous celebrations that tend to frighten animals and small children.

So come one, come all! My profile name is Irreverent_writer and I hope to see some familiar faces!
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 pm

It has taken me a year to write 52 000 words, trying that in a month will kill me lol Smile

But then I do have my reasons for being slower than most.
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 pm

fuck me it sounds tempting.......
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm

My blogger friends have done this for years. Everytime I see it, I think of maybe trying it for 5 seconds but then I feel like this seamonster is going to come out of nowhere and eat me.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:37 pm

What Transition year is all about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:47 pm

I might have to tell Leya about this. When she writes 3000 word posts in an evening, she could probably do this...
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 am

Zakku wrote:
fuck me it sounds tempting.......

You should totally do it. If you succeed, yay! If you don't hit 50K works, no sweat. It is only a competition with yourself.

Come on!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:59 am

Tried it three years ago ^^ Failed but still, it was kinda cool. And yeah I wrote a shed load of crap!
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting, maybe if you write enough crap you can borrow the good parts that were improv to work for a real novel on a similar topic...
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm now officially doing this :L Call me crazy... I have only a vague premise in my head and will be mostly winging it, but I suppose I better at least get a little bit of detail sorted out now rofl
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:00 pm

YAY! I am glad you are, Sephie. I was super gung ho, now I am feeling nervous that I won't make it. But who cares. The point is to try.

Here is to 50,000 words!
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:18 pm

i have to write 800-1200 words for a fantasy writing competition and im struggling to limit it. now how am i suppose to write 50k ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Very Happy I'm recruiting people too Toasti Very Happy I added you as a friendy person, btw.

Ok, I am now a LOT less nervous.

I did a RP with one of my RP sisters a while back and a guy who was kidnapping her in the RP, cos she was having to retreat for a long while.

That's close to 60k words. True, Leya's posts some of them are nearly 3000 words each, but still... I cut a lot from mine and there's a lot of missing detail and event. So, I'm actually now feeling this is feasible Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 am

So, I was super gung ho about this in mid October, but here we are, 8 days in to November and I have nary a word written. I DO have a concept/plot. In my defense, I just moved, so I have been unpacking and crap like that. Not too motivated.
Ugh! I want to participate though!
Has anyone else started?
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm a little over 7000 words in, which is 10 full pages single spaced 11 font. I'm around 6000 words behind schedule already though Razz
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:55 pm

It took me 3 months to get 60,00 words. No way I could get 50,000 in a month. Also, the first draft is supposed to be a piece of shit - don't worry if it you end up disliking a lot of it. I'm working on my 3rd draft now, I started this book about 13 months ago.

Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 pm

toastini wrote:
So, I was super gung ho about this in mid October, but here we are, 8 days in to November and I have nary a word written. I DO have a concept/plot. In my defense, I just moved, so I have been unpacking and crap like that. Not too motivated.
Ugh! I want to participate though!
Has anyone else started?

You sound like me Laughing cept my reasons are meds and health rather than moving
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:09 pm

I have tomorrow off from work. So save for a few chores around the pad, I think I am gonna get to writing!

And Seph, I am sorry you have those hurdles in front of you. There is always next year! (not to say that it is too late for this year. It isn't too late!)
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Holy crap, it is that time of year again! YAY! Super excited! I hope to see some RKers getting carpal tunnel from all the typing (or handwriting, you luddites!).

I am irreverent_writer (again) so add me if you'd like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 pm

oh lord, good thing I am putting my time into other things or I might try this stuff
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Am I mad? I have signed up Shocked , I am dougalls if anyone wants to know Very Happy I hope that I can do it - never tried something like this before, but I think it will be fun to try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Zakku wrote:
oh lord, good thing I am putting my time into other things or I might try this stuff

Don't be silly, November was made for 3 things:

1) getting your teeth cleaned after copious amounts of halloween-candy-eating
2) earning our American citizenship by saying "THANKS NATIVES!" by eating our weight in a dead bird and carbs (not a glutton? Then get the hell out of this country! Laughing Razz Wink )
3)insanely attempting to write a novel ( affraid ) in 30 days!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Join Us! Join Us! Join Us!

And Bekah, when they let us, I will add you as a "friend" on the site! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Awesome! Now all I need to do is get rid of my damned cold and get my head into writing mode lol! I am actually looking forward to the challenge, especially seeing as my creative mojo is starting to come back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:37 am

I've done it! Just verified it now - finished my novel with four days to go! Come on Toasti, get cracking, you can't let the side down now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPers! Here is a challenge for you!   RPers! Here is a challenge for you! Empty

Back to top Go down

RPers! Here is a challenge for you!
Page 1 of 1