AuthorMessage
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

There is no such thing as TMI Empty
PostSubject: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 pm

A very common phrase across the internet is TMI, or too much info. There's no such thing as TMI. This is a long standing part of social constructs that leads us to believe that if no one sees us shitting, we are perfect, but everybody shits. If you shit in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, it still does happen. Everyone shits with their pants down, and those who don't, well, those are the people we should feel the utmost sympathy for. Because even the most arrogant jackass in the world will one day die, losing control of their bowels and shit in their pants. Thus goes the imperfect life of the imperfect human being.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Yes, life, one big search for scatalogical gratification. Pleased to be your psychological proctologist.
Back to top Go down
Dillion
Serf
Dillion

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:16 pm

put down the crack pipe E Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:53 pm

But, but but...*cuddles her crackpipe, purrs, and falls asleep, snoring*
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:35 am

Quote :
2-4 years of age. Following the oral phase, you entered the sadistic-anal phase, which is split between active and passive impulses: the impulse to mastery on the one hand, which can easily become cruelty; the impulse to scopophilia (love of gazing), on the other hand. This phase was roughly coterminous with a new auto-erotic object: the rectal orifice (hence, the term "sadistic-anal phase"). According to Freud, the child's pleasure in defecation is connected to his or her pleasure in creating something of his or her own, a pleasure that for women is later transferred to child-bearing.

(Excerpted from : http://www.cla.purdue.edu/english/theory/psychoanalysis/freud.html)

El, you need to move on from this fixation of yours - there is more fun to be had out there, you are missing out on the phallic phase of your life
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:22 am

I knew you'd go there. Laughing I did take Developmental Psych.

But seriously, all I ever see on forums and blogs across the net is folk talking about shit, looking for everybody else to say their shit smells good. And then they smell somebody else's shit and they act like that shit smells. Folk are so judgmental of anything they can't fully relate to or anything that isn't perceived as cool or the "in" topic to discuss. I think everyone is a herb on some level.

Which all goes back to tribalism.

Quote :
According to a study by Robin Dunbar at the University of Liverpool, primate brain size is determined by social group size. Dunbar's conclusion was that the human brain can only really understand a maximum of 150 individuals as fully developed, complex people (see Dunbar's number). Malcolm Gladwell expanded on this conclusion sociologically in his book, The Tipping Point. According to these studies, then, "tribalism" is in some sense an inescapable fact of human neurology, simply because the human brain is not adapted to working with large populations. Beyond 150, the human brain must resort to some combination of hierarchical schemes, stereotypes, and other simplified models in order to understand so many people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribalism
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:28 am

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 am

Quote :
Usually I hate going into religious places or get to gethers where there's fundamental people, it is too hard for me to act normal so inevitably stick out like a sore thumb.

But when ya think about it, gods or God have been around since the beginning of time and they've seen it all. There's folk who actually pray on the toilet, which I never quite understood. But if there are gods, they pretty much decided how we rid of our waste. If it bothered them so much, they would have made it smell like patchouli to begin with. Razz
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 am

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:48 pm

I didn't read all of that but...

I saw a Tinkerbell poster at Borders today...and then I saw a guy with a Mishka hat on the subway, coming home. I thought of you. It was black and pink with a pompom on top. I was gonna steal it but then I said bad ElEl, bad!

<3
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ziona
Commoner
Ziona

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:16 pm

My best friend had to share with me the details of lancing a boil on her boyfriend's back a few weeks ago. I twitched. Luckily I wasn't eating at the time so the lancing-pus-blood stuff wasn't TMI.

No, the time I overheard a cyclist in front of Stabucks run down the details of a saddle sore on her lady parts, and how it burst on a long distance ride, then scrubbing out the dried out pus and blood in the hotel washroom that night? That was yucky and I was eating (or trying to) eat a cookie. I'd register that as a "TMI while Eating".
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 pm

My mum has a habit of ringing me at my dinner time (which is later than it is for most people admittedly) and then telling me the intimate details of how ill the dog has been, even down to the colour of the spew. My telling her that I am eating, gets me an apology and then the rest of the story in the same graphic detail. I think my mum should work for a slimming club. Her particular brand of aversion therapy works a charm! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:00 pm

My parents. Imagine if Donnor and Amelia_suffolk got married. Suspect That's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:06 pm

O
M
G
affraid
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Elois wrote:
My parents. Imagine if Donnor and Amelia_suffolk got married. Suspect That's all I have to say.
I dunno the latter much but Laughing you kinda remind me slightly of an American older version of myself haha.

bahahahaha crude jokes are the best, I can't imagine being traditional, would rebel and be wayyyyy TMI so much so that it would be like zomg wtf.

I was listening to the TV in the background yesterday I think it was and there was a sort of documentary, Katy Perry's parents were apparently incredibly strict and wouldn't let her watch the Smurfs or go to the dentist and frowned upon her I kissed A Girl song. Don't think it is possible to imagine childhood without the Smurfs, how dreadful. In her case though I think it helped her to be raised in an odd way. I just thought that's amazing, kudos to her! Sometimes I sing that song or Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire just to freak people out or get them confused.
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Elois wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 am

lol first that poster awhile ago about shit now this? I'm starting to see a trend here....if only I could find a way to exploit it financially
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:04 am

Sex tape?
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Elois wrote:
Sex tape?

but with who? if you could find someone strange enough then people would pay to see it.....do you know and B-list actors or actresses?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:18 pm

I dunno. There's 4 degrees between me and Kevin Bacon. Something's got to give.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Hrm. I've met George Wendt, Doris Roberts, and Raquel Welch. I doubt anyone wants to see that though. ^^
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Meh, I've seen worse.
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:52 pm

_Melissa. wrote:
Elois wrote:
I dunno the latter much but Laughing you kinda remind me slightly of an American older version of myself haha.

bahahahaha crude jokes are the best, I can't imagine being traditional, would rebel and be wayyyyy TMI so much so that it would be like zomg wtf.

I was listening to the TV in the background yesterday I think it was and there was a sort of documentary, Katy Perry's parents were apparently incredibly strict and wouldn't let her watch the Smurfs or go to the dentist and frowned upon her I kissed A Girl song. Don't think it is possible to imagine childhood without the Smurfs, how dreadful. In her case though I think it helped her to be raised in an odd way. I just thought that's amazing, kudos to her! Sometimes I sing that song or Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire just to freak people out or get them confused.

I really REALLY love you Mel. You always make me smile.

I had lunch and a long long conversation with Kevin Spacey recently. Does that count?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as TMI   There is no such thing as TMI Empty

Back to top Go down

There is no such thing as TMI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: General-
Jump to: