Katniss Locksley
WhiteSnow
Roby Lambourne
Dee_Snider
Ritaa
anto_capone
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do you feel that RK is headed in the right direction?
Yes
State of RK - Page 6 Vote_lcap6%State of RK - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
No
State of RK - Page 6 Vote_lcap80%State of RK - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 69 ]
Not Sure
State of RK - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%State of RK - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 86

AuthorMessage
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

State of RK - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:37 am

State of RK - Page 6 Keep-calm-and-pop-a-fukitol

Had stuff to say but just can't get my mind and fingers to cooperate, figured this would sum it up better. ^^
Back to top Go down
Becomingapatheitic

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:01 am

A Fukitol is just what I need. I'll wash it down with a 40. Ah, that's better, thanks Trinity. Fuck it, RK is going to die anyway. Wonder if it'll be an entertaining death with fireworks, doubtful, it'll probably go quietly, snapping at its wounds and whispering entreaties asking for the glory days to come back. I may at least stick around for its death, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:49 am

I used to be on the forums all the time as well as in the taverns, but now I hang on to the game mainly out of habit.  I have taken my writing and my art elsewhere and I find even facebook games to be more entertaining than RK.  It is sad, because the game could still be a market force to be reckoned with, but Celcius have failed to maximise the potential.  It is certainly not the fault of the players.  No player should ever be blamed for the failure of a game.  The game is solely the responsibility of the developer and if they make a game where abuses go unpunished one moment then frowned on the next, where rudimentary game mechanics are still changed by hand by the devs and players are frequently asked to market their product, then they are the ones failing, not the players.

If I were to develop a game and that game were to be buggy and my staff were rude and unresponsive, then I would expect to see my game fail spectacularly.  It is testament to the people that play RK, that this hasn't happened yet.  So the players should be lauded, not blamed.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

Yeah the glory days done packed up and left a long time ago! and np

+1 Bekah
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 am

From a NNGO standpoint, I think we have a lot of long-time players that are engaged in the GAME, just not in the RK FORUMS. Part of what has kept us together, imho, are two things:

1. A group that likes each other outside and inside the game. Thus this forum has been created to take the admins out of the middle of that. We have little-to-no censorship here. We have banned like maybe two people in 4-5 years and almost never edit other people's posts. People can be themselves without some jackass saying, "IC/OOC violation!" or someone changing the meaning of what they say. Admins in the forums there do hurt the game.

2. We (as the NNGO) don't sit around farming our fields all day. We like the excitement of being in an army or on the roads robbing or whatever endeavor creates excitement. Yeah, we're no angels...but right now, for example, we're in Portugal for a good cause. I'm not saying RK should change itself into an army game. Lord no! But they should focus more on the mechanics and economic system and less on trinkets that do nothing, 3D, stupid minigames, and other nonsense.

Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 am

Quote :
I'm not saying RK should change itself into an army game.  Lord no!  But they should focus more on the mechanics and economic system and less on trinkets that do nothing, 3D, stupid minigames, and other nonsense.

So. Much. This.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 am

Aidan wrote:

Quote :
I'm not saying RK should change itself into an army game.  Lord no!  But they should focus more on the mechanics and economic system and less on trinkets that do nothing, 3D, stupid minigames, and other nonsense.

So. Much. This.

I totally agree.  We don't need farmville, dress up dolls and worse games than you find on miniclip.  We are gamers - we have access to these things already.  All of those aspects should be something that is added right at the end once the rest of the game is running smoothly.

What would shoot new life into RK?  Set new goals for the older players.  Older players feel stale because it is stale.  You reach level VII and then what?  You become mayor, councillor, monarch, then what?  Talk about been there done that - most of us have done that already.  so what new goals are there?  Of wonderful, I can have an isometric house and spend ig money on items that my sprite (which looks like it has rickets) cannot interact with.  So if I wanted that type of game; Second life, Sims and IMVU have that covered.

The developers at Celcius can't compete with those things and I don't think they should even try.  What they have is a base on which to develop a story and this is what they are missing out on.  They can't see that people are crying out for something to get their teeth into.  The people will write the RP, but give them something to write about.  Give them a bad snow storm, give them wolves killing their sheep, give them something better than the fecking digging game - which is a step in the right direction but does anyone really know what is going with that?  I wish I did and I wish it was something achievable without spending tons of tokens and having French friends.

I would love to see RK grow and develop and I really do feel that I am with a great group of people in the NNGO.  I just feel that the developers are trying too hard to offer what they think people want instead of giving them what they ask for.

We have army way, we have (deletable) walls, so where are the siege engines?  Archers, rocks from the battlements and archers?  We play a medieval style game, not to go to a goddamned ball and comment on how pretty all the people look, but for the intrigue, for the conflict and for the challenge.  

RK presents no challenge.
Back to top Go down
Kaireth
Commoner
Kaireth

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Bekah wrote:
The people will write the RP, but give them something to write about.  Give them a bad snow storm, give them wolves killing their sheep, give them something better than the fecking digging game - which is a step in the right direction but does anyone really know what is going with that?.... We play a medieval style game, not to go to a goddamned ball and comment on how pretty all the people look, but for the intrigue, for the conflict and for the challenge.

While I'll freely admit to being a cosmetics whore in my games, I whole heartedly agree with this. I play RK for the RP potential, and to me, RP is only satisfying when it involves conflict of some sort. Love the thought of having some of that thrown at us by admins. Intentionally would be even better, rather than just using RP reasons to deal with the occasional bug or screw up.
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 am

Bekah wrote:
We have army way, we have (deletable) walls, so where are the siege engines?  Archers, rocks from the battlements and archers?

I wouldn't mind some archers.
Back to top Go down
Oliverc

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:46 pm

so if I just found this game I should quit and find something better to do?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:28 pm

I don't know. Won't hurt to give it a shot though really. It's your time. ^^

What do you think of it so far?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Oliverc

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:41 pm

I like the idea but the story lines seem older than I have access to haha. Lots of reading in the first 48 hours. I am sorry if I am intruding here, was looking for a way to get involved quickly, followed the rabbit hole through some old posts in the cu chulain area and found this link. Not interested in the "farmville aspects" that someone wrote above, but the political world seems to have potential for fun
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:43 pm

RK is what you make of it Oliver. If it was so terrible, we wouldn't be here praying for improvement, we would all be playing other games instead of and not as well as.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 pm

well, let us know if you have any questions, glad to help. some of us have been playing awhile so it might seem daunting at first but really there is not much more to the game than what you are willing to put into it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Welcome Oliver! Smile
Back to top Go down
Oliverc

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:11 pm

well I will stay then, am probably going to leave an caesal stat though. My character has ambitions above scratching dirt in the mines for the next 6 years, and as a player I need more people to play with haha.
Back to top Go down
Donte
Citizen
Donte

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Hmm... Well 90% of you won't know me at all. But I figure I'd post here anyway, I have a habit of popping up unexpectedly.

Anyway, I started RK last year around summertime (June), so I can't judge from the perspectives you all can.

BUT, I've found myself thoroughly enjoying RK, even as a new player. Granted, mechanics lack at times... Most of the time. Still, the RP, the politics, the friendships you can build are outstanding. Even the enemies you can make, there are rarely communities like the one in RK, where there is so much variance in the way people act, the way they play. With 3D coming in recently, I hope the developers move on from the publicity stunt and work on some more mechanics.

So, call me an optimist, but: Yes.

P.s, pleasure to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
Kaireth
Commoner
Kaireth

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:46 am

Welcome, Oliver. Try heading for Lios Mor or An Gort maybe. I haven't been in Ireland in ages, but I'm told both of them have more active taverns.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 am

Bekah wrote:
RK is what you make of it Oliver.  If it was so terrible, we wouldn't be here praying for improvement, we would all be playing other games instead of and not as well as.

This is really it.

Jurias is probably one of the best things to happen to Stirling if not all of Glasgow in a long time.  He actually helps to remind me of the fun and innocence that can be found in RK as well.  When he arrived in Stirling, it was kind of sleepy, we were there and alive, but not hugely tavern active, but he wrote mails asking questions, boy did he write mails! lol  I answered his mails, pointed him to guides, pointed him to threads with history, or people who might help, like with banners and such.  It's hard not to get sucked in to his fresh excitement over things.

He digs in, gets involved, asks questions, makes friends, apparently from what I hear, a lot of friends. lol

It is indeed what you make it.  You can be a quiet farmer, you can try to take over the world, you can go sailing, become a pirate, a politician, a robber, whatever you like.  It won't always be easy and it won't always be fair, but it can be what you make it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:25 am

Angeljoy25 wrote:
Bekah wrote:
RK is what you make of it Oliver.  If it was so terrible, we wouldn't be here praying for improvement, we would all be playing other games instead of and not as well as.

This is really it.

Jurias is probably one of the best things to happen to Stirling if not all of Glasgow in a long time.  He actually helps to remind me of the fun and innocence that can be found in RK as well.  When he arrived in Stirling, it was kind of sleepy, we were there and alive, but not hugely tavern active, but he wrote mails asking questions, boy did he write mails! lol  I answered his mails, pointed him to guides, pointed him to threads with history, or people who might help, like with banners and such.  It's hard not to get sucked in to his fresh excitement over things.

He digs in, gets involved, asks questions, makes friends, apparently from what I hear, a lot of friends. lol

It is indeed what you make it.  You can be a quiet farmer, you can try to take over the world, you can go sailing, become a pirate, a politician, a robber, whatever you like.  It won't always be easy and it won't always be fair, but it can be what you make it. Smile

Well put. +1
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Quote :
It is indeed what you make it.  You can be a quiet farmer, you can try to take over the world, you can go sailing, become a pirate, a politician, a robber, whatever you like.  It won't always be easy and it won't always be fair, but it can be what you make it.

Or all of the above (Simultaneously of course)... Ahhh, dreams...
Back to top Go down
Oliverc

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Well nothing left to do than to start I suppose. Thanks for the welcome, maybe our characters will meet soon.
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Ooh! You're the one behind the RP in the CC forum! ^^ I happened to come across it while procrastinating earlier today, and your character sounds interesting! Can't post in Ireland at the moment, but I'll try to pop in after one of my minor gets there. (Takes three days, but midterms might get in the way after that. :/ )

Either way, welcome to RK!
Back to top Go down
Kaireth
Commoner
Kaireth

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Nice piece of writing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

State of RK
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next