Katniss Locksley
WhiteSnow
Roby Lambourne
Dee_Snider
Ritaa
anto_capone
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do you feel that RK is headed in the right direction?
Yes
State of RK - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%State of RK - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
No
State of RK - Page 4 Vote_lcap80%State of RK - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 69 ]
Not Sure
State of RK - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%State of RK - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 86

AuthorMessage
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

State of RK - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:47 am

Beth wrote:

In the end, the developers are not moving in the right direction with their current focus on 3D, mini games and costume designing contests. Unless, of course, they are wanting the sort of players who like that kind of thing (nothing wrong with that if that is your thing), but those sort of developments should be the icing on the cake, rather than become the cake itself.

The core game is essentially the same as it was when it launched and there is little incentive or reward to push beyond lvl 3. The percentage of players taking part in RP is less than those who don't. The developers should be looking at ideas for making it worthwhile continuing to play if you are NOT a roleplayer.

THAT
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:00 am

Funny that JDW started this topic about another forum for RP? I really don't get why there should be even more than the existing ones. It seems to me there will be even less activity in the forums we use now. Pffft.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=2219684
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:35 pm

I just saw that. Not impressed at all by it Sad
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:17 pm

We have to remember that even though we no longer have the regular forum purges of RP on the English speaking boards, I think this still happens elsewhere? The advertised forum seems to be a place for those who want to keep their RP history going without risk of it being deleted every two months. Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Makes me wonder if it's because it gives him 'right's' to our work? Crossed my mind, cause I'm weird like that lol. If I wanted to save my rp's, like Bert mentioned earlier elsewhere, just save them to my own word pad or whatever. Seems a bit ridiculous, idk.
Back to top Go down
Plutogirl
Commoner
Plutogirl

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:29 am

You're not weird Trin. Call me paranoid but, I have always know from day one that RK owns the rights to any creativity we do here. Why do you think I'm such a crazy asshole lol I've read, and mind you not many but, I've read a few posts that make me wonder wtf they are doing writing here.
( hope this is all on topic, just read the last posts and have no idea what is going on in RK )
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 6:30 am

Do you feel that RK is headed in the right direction?
Yes
7%
7% [ 3 ]
No
84%
84% [ 37 ]
Not Sure
9%
9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 44
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Bellz wrote:
Actually, only those with issue realizing RK is a game have that issue. The rest of us can enjoy the difference quite easily. My character fought against the NNGO for years. Most everyone who is on this forum and I still had great fun chatting on this forum and playing other games. Beths character and mine have never really gotten along. Beth and I have played DDO together and had a blast. People need to begin to realize it is just a game. RK is not an extension of your life, it is make believe. Sadly there are those that can't quite grasp that.

Right, but players shouldn't be bothered to have to find a place where that's not happening.  Every town and county should be ruled by players who don't confuse friendship beyond the game with friendship within the game.

If new players are expected to accommodate that, then they'll forget the game altogether.  Not only will they feel disrespected, but they are disrespected.  They shouldn't be forced to start playing in towns and counties where friendship is confused behind the excuse of, "There's somewhere else you can go if you don't like it here."  That's both a bad marketing strategy since it's exhausting to go somewhere else as well as unethical since it wastes players' time, energy, and attention.
Back to top Go down
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Fitz_ wrote:
I was thinking the other day, that it would be fun to revive churchway as a whole, in the form of a growing military religious group that was trying to spread its influence. It would be historically relevant and present many forum and in game story and playing options. Traditional RK-religion would kick up a stink, because we're all used to RK-religion being unrealistically modern and peaceful, but thinking purely logically, it makes sense.

English speaking RK isn't purely logical though. The whole point is to make fun of logical characters by accusing them of being dictators who expect everyone else to conform to norms. After that, you stand up for the liberation of society from said dictators.

Churchway's never had much influence either. Players have never been required to roleplay according to transcendental menu beliefs. Hardly any characters are religiously roleplayed either. At the very best, religion is torn down for roleplaying's sake, not built up.
Back to top Go down
Morgan.le.Fay
Citizen
Morgan.le.Fay

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Francesca. wrote:
Funny that JDW started this topic about another forum for RP? I really don't get why there should be even more than the existing ones. It seems to me there will be even less activity in the forums we use now. Pffft.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=2219684

I'm confused...  "To preserve and save roleplays happening in the forums"?

.......right.

I was under the impression that's what the FORUMS were for. My mistake.

*shakes her head and walks away muttering*
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:41 pm

How I feel about RK?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Vagtard
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 1:27 am

lol! I love you I love you I love you
Perfection.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 1:32 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 3:05 am

4 years, no one click the link... Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 3:41 am

I remember last time you posted that. Was funny then, is funny now.

Quote :
English speaking RK isn't purely logical though. The whole point is to make fun of logical characters by accusing them of being dictators who expect everyone else to conform to norms. After that, you stand up for the liberation of society from said dictators.
*twitch* Suspect Well damn.
*turns around and goes to the Tribal Wars thread*
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:54 am

still, none you could upvote the shit lol Razz

no worries, is still #1 Wink
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 2:12 pm

I upvoted yesterday, I did, I did! Smile
Back to top Go down
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

You know, I used to think that Argo player was full of crap, but there's a discussion in London Commons where his points about moderation ruining the game are coming to the surface. He complained about the king's behavior in context of the CA's conquest of Westmorland where some players got their titles elevated even though they didn't protect the county.

A moderator has recently divided the thread after saying that his statements are off topic even though they're really not.
Back to top Go down
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Basically, the problem with RK is the moderation of the game has jumped into the IC popularity contest.  When players complain en masse about someone's behavior, the moderators discipline that player.  They are confusing in character friendship with out of character friendship.  Those players who have roleplayed a certain way in Westmorland don't want Argo to succeed in his crusade because if he does then everything they've roleplayed will come tumbling down.  Therefore, they cheat in complaining to moderation, and moderation disciplines Argo on an OOC basis to prevent IC consequences from happening.
Back to top Go down
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Also, you can even read the words which are said in the debate to see what's really going on.

Those who are opposing Argo IC in that discussion are expecting him to present evidence to prove them wrong.  They believe that because they're in a position of authority as characters in government that people should assume they're automatically doing what they're supposed to.

The moderation of the game likes that attitude as well.  It doesn't want to have to justify its actions.  It just wants to act.  It wants to exhaust those players who it doesn't like and take advantage of how gathering evidence takes effort.  Moderation is lazy, and it wants to project that laziness onto those who it doesn't like.

The moderation of the game is supporting those players who roleplay characters the same way the moderators want to moderate the game without transparency or reason. They are biased towards specific players they find useful for what they want.
Back to top Go down
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Also, the moderator who's doing this (Meerkat) is the exact same moderator who inappropriately disciplined Argo before in Babel's Tower during an OOC discussion.  Argo was talking about how the game was getting bad ratings and reviews offsite, and the mod just shut the thread down.

The rules allow OOC discussion to take place there though, so basically, the mod broke the rule on purpose, and took advantage of how one wasn't automatically disciplined.  In fact, Badger backed the moderator up and failed to discipline after supporting the moderator's behavior.  That's despite how the review process for moderator behavior would have gone through him.  In other words, the super-moderators of the team don't care if the regular moderators break the rules.  The review process for moderator behavior is pointless.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Yes Argo, no Argo, three bags full Argo.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:31 pm

+1

Made me giggle...lol!
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:55 pm

hehe me too.

who knew someone loved Argo so much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
A Player

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't love him, but he does make valid points now and again in the midst of all his craziness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of RK   State of RK - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

State of RK
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next