AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny Scottish Shit Empty
PostSubject: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:28 pm

And if it is war for the sake of war, that is fine too. The game is boring without. But can we all just cut the bullshit and speak truthfully about what each side wants from the other?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 pm

I've hold my word so far. We did do nothing to Galloway.

That of course is very easy to change. It wont take even 300 Smile
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Dry do you want war or for Galloway to stop bothering you guys in Glasgow? If you make war it won't end for a very long time. Trust me I know, Munster wanted war, and they had it on and off for years.

anto Glasgow's costs may have been more hidden, they likely increased militias for many weeks, maybe even hired marshals, had volunteers DTP at their capitol, etc. The costs to a county and towns under threat aren't small.

If Galloway and Glasgow want to talk, I could mediate, if both sides wish. I truly want to see peace, but a lasting one, not one where Galloway is constantly agitating and seeking chances to attack Glasgow. The Laighean Embassy could host talks here, if that helps at all.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Well, what was wrong with a peace treaty that we had ? Only thing that was required from Galloway, was to hold their word and not to mess with us.

Do I really have a choice, when we're neighbours with people who cannot keep their word and always are plotting our demise ?

anto_capone wrote:
You can't make people quit the game. Even if you could- would you really want to?

Its not my goal. Our situation, however, calls for extreme means. I've thought about it before, there is but one logical step: if we cant totally neutralize the threat, we must make it as weak as possible. I know how to.

Last edited by WhiteSnow on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Can we prove Galloway was involved, Ian wasn't a councilor when he made those comments over in Brittany. Blaming an entire county would be like saying Glasgow wasn't too bothered about this incident by my words Razz
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Tam/Spr wrote:
Spring wrote:
Actually no one knew when the CA would be sailing home

We did in Scotland, Angel's coming home thread said the Fury folks were near by water at the very, the rest of the CA, not so much.

I didn't start that thread until we had people on land and the last of Fury were a day or two out so that there wasn't advance notice of our return.

There's such a huge lack of trust and I honestly don't know how to build that trust.  JO will continue to try and attack us, he has for years, why will he stop, how will Galloway keep him from doing this every 6 months when he's bored?

Whoever said that we could never agree on a monarch was completely wrong.  What they did this last time couldn't have been more damaging though.  A known Campbell witch queen right after a Campbell attack on Glasgow, talk about insulting.

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:25 pm

Quote :
I didn't start that thread until we had people on land and the last of Fury were a day or two out so that there wasn't advance notice of our return.

We did need to sink Galloways ships back then, we would have one problem less now.

Our good will is what is damaging us.

I like my own hide too much to risk it, and I like the hides of Fury guys and girls and Glaswegians even more. I'll fight for it as I can, if needed even alone Wink
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Dah angel wrote:

Well, the thread was going on for a few days before they tried entering Glasgow, so had they not known you lot were home, they would have by the start of the thread, where the Queen bee is.. Wink

Quote :
There's such a huge lack of trust and I honestly don't know how to build that trust. JO will continue to try and attack us, he has for years, why will he stop, how will Galloway keep him from doing this every 6 months when he's bored?

If JO does the same stupid mistake like his attack on Stirling, then that'll give us perfect reason to smash Campbells, Evan came out stating that any force moving beyond govern would straight away be put on the enemies list for Galloway. Really, the council down there is trying to work on this considering how they've dealt with me so far, maybe let the two county's haggle out a treaty or the likes?

They break it, we go smashy smashy?

Dry wrote:

Our good will is what is damaging us.

Currently its their group dead, and our guys sharpening their swords. We ain't been damaged yet Razz

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Tam/Spr wrote:
We ain't been damaged yet

Whats about Stirling and Davelish being mayor there ? We dont have info from GC, but can you tell for sure that Sheridan/Sierra didnt steal anything from it ?
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 pm

WhiteSnow wrote:
Tam/Spr wrote:

Whats about Stirling and Davelish being mayor there ? We dont have info from GC, but can you tell for sure that Sheridan/Sierra didnt steal anything from it ?

Apart from sovereign election votes?
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Tam/Spr wrote:

If JO does the same stupid mistake like his attack on Stirling, then that'll give us perfect reason to smash Campbells, Evan came out stating that any force moving beyond govern would straight away be put on the enemies list for Galloway. Really, the council down there is trying to work on this considering how they've dealt with me so far, maybe let the two county's haggle out a treaty or the likes?

They break it, we go smashy smashy?

And hasn't that been tried? Wasn't that the mentality as the last treaty was getting formed? Razz

Do we say the same after they break this next treaty?
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Jurias wrote:
WhiteSnow wrote:
Tam/Spr wrote:

Dry is saying Stirling was pillaged, but he has no evidence one way or the other about Glasgow City.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Springtime wrote:
Jurias wrote:
WhiteSnow wrote:
Tam/Spr wrote:

Dry is saying Stirling was pillaged, but he has no evidence one way or the other about Glasgow City.

Oh I know... I was trying to be funny rabbit
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Well both are damage, because stealing Glasgow's monarch votes isn't right either, and that started this fall, one step after the other by Galloway citizens/infiltrators. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:21 pm

That too, if a monarch is supposed to be the mediator between the counties, how can it be justified that the elections were rigged and we got some cheater on the throne, even if we asked Galloway not to do so.

And just that you all would know, I so far didnt give out any orders to attack Galloway. Yet I'm being critized already for such intentions.

Its not a conflict, that I could ignore just like that. Its the conflict near Glasgow gates. We've got to do maximum effort in order to keep this down and maybe to eliminate it totally.

If we will be able to do it, we guys and girls of Fury, and I as the commander, we're going to do that.

We ourselves arent asking for the war. We didnt violate the peace treaty. If Galloway will want to talk - we are ready. If they wont, well then decide yourselves.

Springtime wrote:

Just I left over 2k of gold there and in a week it was all wasted and Davelish was asking for donations in public.
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Has Davelish been prosecuted? If not that should be done. It won't get the money back but he should pay a price for pillaging.

Is Galloway willing to sit down and talk this over? It's clear Glasgow/Fury are willing to do so.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:34 pm

I've not been around for the latest mudslinging, I know when I stood down after my last term, Sierra took over for me. Heard she was wanting to continue the wall building process, no forgetting she was doing the stone cutting for almost free, cutting the production cost down to the point of hire and buying the stone from the county, what happened in there is anyone's bet. I know the coffers are dreadful right now. Again, Sherd offered the royal funds of around 1.800 thousand for the town hall, that the last mayor never responded to

For Davelish, I'm not a clue about that saga.

If anyone can point to Glasgow city being robbed by sleekit fuckers, that'd be rather appreciated.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

We'll deal with Davelish. Tolerated him too long on our land anyways.

Tam, Sheridan/Sierra had no need to cut the costs. It was all paid off by the county. That gold was from reparations, that Galloway paid us.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

See, the thing with Galloway is, even if it isn't their council that is behind these attacks and damages since the treaty was made, it was the Campbell Clan who happen to be the ones with a finger in every pie over there. There is NO point dealing with the Galloway council, because it would always be affected by the Campbells, without a doubt. There is no way around that, there never has been. (Waits for Fitz)
The Campbells hate Fury with a passion, hence these attacks, both hidden and direct. That hatred will never go away, as proven by each and every scheme or plot they have hatched, which has been going on years. I'm not saying we've always been saints, but we tried, they just don't.

We tried peace. While you were all in Portugal, I stayed behind in Glasgow, on the CC. We offered ridiculously low trade prices simply to form "Goodwill". We traveled unguarded to their territory to drink in their taverns with them and try to form a bond (Myself and our chancellor). We offered future possibilities of even more treaties once trust was built.
We began to promote, not only country trade, but town to town trade between our counties. We even pondered with the idea of a reintroduction of religion, involving Statler (Of Kirkcudbright) at the CC, welcoming him for discussions with protection from our Captain himself.
Glasgow and Fury have been nothing but peaceful.

Now I add that, half of these schemes you've heard of or witnessed, took place during this very time I speak of Glasgow doing all those things. During the CA being pre-occupied in Portugal. Why would schemes and plans be hatched during peace like that? THe only reason I could think of at that time, would be... Habit and hatred. My point is, it doesn't matter what WE do. Major elements in Galloway never change, even when the majority "In power" try to. Which causes this.

Whenever we offer peace, we get slapped in the face. That is just a fact.

Last edited by Jurias on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:44 pm

So let me get this straight, Galloway paid reparations, which were put into the Glasgow City TH, where Sheridan's alter-ego Sierra became mayor, and got control of those funds? Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:47 pm

It doesnt. However some of those funds indeed came towards building the ramparts. At the time I didnt know who she is, had some suspections but that was all. I thought that its annoying but willing to help Glasgow person. I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 pm

So really, Galloway infiltrators need to leave Glasgow, it's the only way to real peace, and Galloway people need to stop recruiting or otherwise intruding on Glasgow affairs.  That includes every member of the Campbell clan.

ETA: And Glasgow has to be compensated for whatever the Campbells and their allies stole or cost Galloway Glasgow since the treaty was signed.

Edit: to fix misspoken county name.

Last edited by Springtime on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Dry wrote:
Tam, Sheridan/Sierra had no need to cut the costs. It was all paid off by the county. That gold was from reparations, that Galloway paid us.

Oh it was me, before we finalized how to manage the costs, stone, cutting then labour costs, I was buying the stone from the county, granting it to the worker - Sierra in question - and giving basically no money in return besides the days bread or the likes. If there's a case of someone stealing from Glasgow city, I may as well run for mayor again, seeing how I can't go to retreat without someone screwing up my work.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Sierra/Sheridan was the mayor of GC just after you ?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Well, I hope no one thinks I am criticizing them. I just would rather see a conflict prevented, even if it would be something easily won. Having so many shades of grey, it becomes hard to understand the why...

What is the text of the treaty? If they have already broken the treaty, then we probably have no other recourse than war. If they stole the compensation they agreed to, then negotiation would be fruitless.

As Machiavelli would say, 'Fuck that shit'. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next