AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Games to Replace RK - Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 2:13 am

Hey all,

If any of you have any ideas of games that might possibly replace RK for most of us, please post the game here so we can check it out.

No games with monthly subscriptions please, although games that are purchase to play are permissible. I am wondering if we should forego browser games or if we should look in that genre first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Not sure if it's just because the crappy week I've had but I've done some searching and nothing really looks interesting that I've come across so far.

I enjoy the forum/roleplaying experience more than most of the games tbh, but it's nice having something to do and interact with in between posts etc. Idk...not into the whole vampire, zombie, anime stuff either, guess I'm just old? Ahem, old school? LOL, sounded better than calling myelf old O.o

Do need something to zone into tho, definitely would be nice.
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:26 pm

I am totally done with text based RPGs. Just saying.
I need something that I can vegetate to and whack people with a sword without thinking.
Back to top Go down
HELGENATOR
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:53 am

http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/

New game world 'Island warfare' coming up next week. Pay2win game but it's fun with friends.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 1:02 pm

DDO

https://www.ddo.com/en
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Dee! DDO! I'd like to get back into it, I'm limited because of the crap gear I have...been seriously thinking on snagging kiddos computer during the day lol
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 8:09 pm

What game (in existence or not) would people like to play? I might be able to give it a bash at some point.

As far as RK, everyone recognises it's dead. It's gotten to a point where I play RK because I enjoy this forum, not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:44 am

HELGENATOR wrote:
http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/

New game world 'Island warfare' coming up next week. Pay2win game but it's fun with friends.  

Tried it, lost interest pretty quickly- even though I also paid in that game Neutral

Dee_Snider wrote:
DDO

I'll always love DDO, but in honestly I havent played for a year or something. I miss it, but I haven't been in the mood for an MMO in awhile.

It's an option though, those all NNGO raids we did were some of the most fun times I've ever had in gaming. Very Happy

Aidan, that is probably the best question. Maybe we should make a list of games we've played together in the past, and what was good/bad about it?

We've played a lot of games together already, lot of them seem to be flash in the pan types. ZombieRPG, PokerRPG, Fight of Ages, Tribal Wars...

I mean fuck at this point we should just add some mini games to this site and get a better chat box or something Razz
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:41 am

Same here Aidan! And making a list would be great! I enjoyed FoA, but haven't logged back in since Jill and me checked it out again, it was screwed up, all our gear, stats etc. were gone, said they were working on it and I stuck it out about a couple weeks...maybe. By then nothing had been done that I'd seen :-/

Secfenia, think some folks might still play it, it was cool at first but then I realized they (admin/mods) were pretty biased when it came to certain players playing. I'll have to get some coffee in me before trying to think of more.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Never tried Secfenia. I really enjoyed FoA, especially the first couple of weeks when we had to work for our guild charter. It's only problem was it was too small. We dominated within a week and it lost its appeal.

I tried stronghold kingdoms for a while too. Don't remember why but I ended up quitting too.
I like browser games because of the convenience tbh. I don't have many options for games on a Macbook, so thats always fun. The beauty of RK is the whole 5 minute a day option it gives you. Anywhere else, you'll fall way behind and it becomes too much of a hassle.

That said i'll keep an eye out too.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:56 pm

http://en.anno-online.com/en/play

I have started playing this.  It is free to play and runs fine on my browser (only tried it on chrome so far)  I haven't checked out the forums, but you can add friends and form guilds.  I don't know if there is a pvp element to it as so far it seems pve.  It is not too bad so far, a bit like a simplified Europa Universalis type game.  It is not an alternate RK, but it is playable. Oh and I am on the europe server "Mermaid"
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Looks like I already have an account for this game, Bekah, although I don't recall playing it? I'm logged in though and it's Trinkles. Smile
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:52 am

Hell, in the meantime we could just bring our characters to this forum, RP as nomads in a forest or whatnot. Have a long, ongoing RP of how we would survive in the wilds and there would be events that could bring us together or tear us apart. Like a buried treasure that only two people can access, and we all stumble upon each other in the forest or some shit and either buddy up, or if we're already buddied, it turns into some hunger games meta bullshit, or we could get to the treasure at the end and backstab
our crops can be randomly wiped out which means we'd have to beg for food from our neighbours or forage

and we'd have someone doing dice rolls to check actions and keep on top of it all
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 am

ahlia wrote:
Hell, in the meantime we could just bring our characters to this forum, RP as nomads in a forest or whatnot. Have a long, ongoing RP of how we would survive in the wilds and there would be events that could bring us together or tear us apart. Like a buried treasure that only two people can access, and we all stumble upon each other in the forest or some shit and either buddy up, or if we're already buddied, it turns into some hunger games meta bullshit, or we could get to the treasure at the end and backstab
our crops can be randomly wiped out which means we'd have to beg for food from our neighbours or forage

and we'd have someone doing dice rolls to check actions and keep on top of it all

This seems eerily familiar Razz
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 am

Or we could play this:  http://freeronin.com/gr_files/SiF_Fastplay.pdf
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Minority01 wrote:
ahlia wrote:

This seems eerily familiar Razz

Yeah, I got bored of that one when I realised that RK was beyond dead.
Back to top Go down
Silenus
Citizen
Silenus

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:33 am

Bekah wrote:
http://en.anno-online.com/en/play

I have started playing this.  It is free to play and runs fine on my browser (only tried it on chrome so far)  I haven't checked out the forums, but you can add friends and form guilds.  I don't know if there is a pvp element to it as so far it seems pve.  It is not too bad so far, a bit like a simplified Europa Universalis type game.  It is not an alternate RK, but it is playable.  Oh and I am on the europe server "Mermaid"
I've tried it out sinbce you posted this link, seems to me its primarily a solitairegame, though there might be a little interaction through a guild, though I havent found out yet how to join one, have you?

ETA: found a "newer" version  of Anno (also from Ubisoft) - its called Settlers: http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play

its a couple of years newer and thus probably has a more active userbase - at least thats the impression I got after playing it less than a day: I already got a 'friend'-request completely out of the blue, and also another contact from a more experienced played offering a mail with some help and links to more extensive help-guides
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 am

http://wiki.ogplanet.com/uwo/index.php?title=Main_Features

http://unchartedwaters.wikia.com/wiki/Official_Uncharted_Waters_Wiki
http://wiki.ogplanet.com/uwo/index.php?title=Introduction

This looks good to me, but I haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:24 am

I have been playing Ikariam for years, really good fun game and we can easily accommodate a lot of players.

http://en.ikariam.gameforge.com/

I`d be interested in playing other games as well.

Hope everyone is well btw!
Back to top Go down
Selyna
Admin
Selyna

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:37 pm

Ikariam is still a thing? I stopped playing that like 3 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 am

I can 100% on another forum someone saying "RK is still a thing? I stopped playing that three years ago!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:21 am

haha yeah it is still a thing, and a lot healthier than RK it seems :p

I cant think of anything that is similar to RK really :/
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 8:36 am

Upcoming MMO that you might want to look out for. https://imgur.com/gallery/wzdAg

Found this on Imgur. Looks interesting.
Should we give it a try?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:30 pm

looks promising!
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 4:00 pm

I really like it too. Don't really get the "soul" part but the whole development, aging, and death is exciting.

Their website doesn't seem to be working though, or is it just a problem for me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next