WhiteSnow
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

Funny stuff. - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Lordmatthew wrote:
plus their name was already tarnished, they are known as an English clan along with the Montgomerys.

You never know, maybe I'll bring it back Wink
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Be better if you spend some time in Scotland before you start having wild ideas. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am

First I need to find a boat, and I did spend time in Scotland or at least RP wise my "father" did. For many many years Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:20 am

Well, you've been warned. Carry on. Cool
Back to top Go down
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:32 am

Smile

Who knows maybe I'll lead it in the right direction Wink
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 pm

A boat? Or a ship? Wink
Back to top Go down
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Ship! Whichever one gets me to Scotland doesn't get sunk lol
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 pm

I hear Clan Macaulay is a good one join....Smile
Back to top Go down
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:40 pm

I kinda have a Clan, but I need a mum for my RP.

You see Eberhard has a dad, who recently died of the plague (a year ago) and his father was not a bachelor but actually had a wife no one knew about. He sent his son to holland in secret to be raised by some people there. So now the big question is who is Eber's mum. Anyone in Macaulay feeling mummy today Razz?
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm

It's not your daddy's Scotland anymore. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 pm

lol...just make up a mom. Razz Best kind Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:21 pm

But a real one is so much more fun Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:37 pm

Bleh...whats the point of RP'ing if you can't have fun and make things up then Suspect
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 pm

*insert disgusting joke about breastfeeding here*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 pm

You do know I have a very dirty mind don't you? I am picturing... affraid I don't think you wanna know...ewwwww
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

Billyjoebob wrote:
Sumi wrote:
*edited by Camel*

If the English discovered something that, to them, warranted removal of the grant of safe passage from the Scottish people who were going to come over the border, then they should have NOTIFIED the Scots in question that safe passage was now out of the question, not automatically attacked and killed them. Lie from AO or no lie from AO as to the purpose of the trip, there should have been fair warning LONG BEFORE the Scots were attacked that they no longer had safe passage into England.

Then again, this is an opinion based only on what I've gathered from hearing all the information so far, and as some in this discussion will tell you, I'm not very intelligent when it comes to matters of war.

what i've found out is this.

AO tried to get folks to join his raid.

not read the latter and if i get a copy i'll post it. but that not likely to happen.

BUT apparently it states that he was going to attack some place.

----------------

now ask your self a question every one.

if you found out 20 or so people traveling on mass where going to attack your CC or a town and loot it what would you do??

wait form them to attack or attack first.

now you dont know which town is the target.

you cant spread your army's and your defender to all the town in your county, and your not even shore if your county is the target but the next one in may be.

so you set up a road block in a place that maximize your nations protection. happened in the Glasgow, Ayrshire war. so hay if we know about it they do to.
Galloway did a sneak raid on girvan and the CC of Ayrshire before it was destroyed. so it common practice to know the Campbell are good at sneak raids.

that all very sencable. logical and what woudl probably, we would have done to.

the only issues is informing folks that this is to happen.

ther is no king/queen at the time. i think it was in the monacky elections or if rothor was king they probably never know or just knew he had french connections.

you cant let the Campbell dukes, know as well there Campbell. the pray will escape and not turn up when they are predicted to. so you will have to have your army there longer and so hurting more folks, just to stop the know attack force from attacking.

so you have to hit them when you know their there, and deal with it in secrete.

then take the consequences like grown up, dealing with a bullying little brat with a few big hard assed mates..

they know your all push for war.
they know AO was only going to attack to provoke a war
and
they know your be plodding along sooner then later with a few army's in the next month or so.

the fact is there will be a war, so instead of letting AO have the cqudos of a cheap victory in sacking a town or a CC, they started it with strength and bloodied his nose first. it's what you do to bully's, who pray on the weak. you beat them up so they don't come looking for more fighting, as your not weak and simple to intimidate.

the campbell are not man enough to attack Glasgow.
they have no ships, so ireland and Finland are out.
so that leave England to attack, and England was waiting.

this is not worthy of a war, this is just an excuse to weaken are nation.

people do not like wars. it means they have to feel scared there town will get attacked and spend time DTPing. so they cant do what they want to do, and that make cash. the CC then loss mine workesrs. and good become harder to get. just how it is.

all this dues is make folks look for a new home to move to, or and nice quite grave to die in. thus making are nation smaller and weaker and so less self sufionat.

eventually there will be no scotland but Ireland or England to live in.

all because you all like wars. your selfishness will kill this land of are sooner then it would have done. but that just how it is, just the facts we who look to the patterns of are existence, see in are nations future.

the English i don't think want's a war. as if they did they woudl have carried on the attack and used those two army's to crush galloway, when they had a chance.

that what you lot would have done be honest now. you know there no army's of note in Galloway, so if you where the English army leaders you all woudl have move on and crushed a Galloway town or two then faided back, when you had the provocation to do so.

so to me there is not a justification for a war.

that my thoughts. AO and co, where just bully wanting to beat up a weaker foe, and got their brains punched-in instead.

there not men, they are wimps. only cowards try and hit some one weaker than them, and then cry about it, when they get beaten up.

AO and co just cried about it.
you can translate what they said to
"hay we got are asses handed to us when we tried a sneak raid on the English... can you all beat them up, so that they know not to do that, when we sneak raid them again."

if that worth a war then you all are mugs and very simple to manover. your just campbell's manipulative suckers doing there dirty work form them.

that fine by me.

i'll be in my town trying to DTP and wondering why there no bread to feed the young-ans, and why the CC closed the mines again, due to lack of stone or iron. not a biggy but that just how it goes. when you all what to fight some one.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:17 am

tldr
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 am

Why does BJB remind me of that elderly relative who always smells of mothballs and somehow manages to trap you in a corner at parties so that he can tell you how younguns have no respect and that things are not how they were back in the day?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 am

Rothar wrote:
I have heard a little news on this which I will share with everyone.

What a deplorable action taken on the Scotland Ship, the Captain who sunk the Flying Scotsman, sent me a messsage.

The captain was Foxfire, he wrote a message to the Captain of the "Flying Scotsman Ships captain", saying to heave too, for a goods inspection.

Apparently he says, the Sea Captain of the "Flying Scotsman"
informed Foxfire that he is on personal business for the NNGO,
and demands that he be allowed to pass.

Foxfire said, no allow us to board to see what you are carrying.
I believe these are the bounty from the former Ayr County inventory stolen from Ayr.

The "Flying Scotsman" had decided to flee according to Foxfire.
He pursued and sunk, said ship. Sad

I haven't heard from the Captain of Flying Scotsman yet for his version of accounts.
But Portugal has long been a briar's patch open to pirates of the like.

It has narrow area's where you have to traverse, if pirates wait there
you can be vulnerable. Sad

I say make sure you travel in an armed fleet for safety concerns.
This is a warning but also is to allow better safety for all of Scotland Ships.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:36 am

I bet Rothar is tickled with delight that Ayr got a little bit of revenge Razz

And that is hugely inaccurate, but Foxfire is a bit dim-witted.
Back to top Go down
Eberhard
Commoner
Eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:44 am

Actually Rothar is pissed off about the attack. Twas dead and gone ages ago the ayr issue.

The ship was also being used for scottish interests too.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:56 am

Rothar wrote:
I had no part in it, and when I was given the information I immediately let the Scotland people know. I'm sorry Sumi, my condolences goes to you and your family, and I know it has hurt a lot of the people with the loss of the ship.

I'm sure the NNGO will not allow this, to go unchallenged for too long.

Glasgow you have your war cogs, take up the challenge.
The King doesn't not have a single ship or a single army.

If you want to challenge Foxfire, then its best out on the high seas.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:58 am

--Lyon_herald wrote:
[rp]To the King of Scotland, by the hand of Lance Dunbar, Earl of Dunbar, Knight: Order of the Crown & Mace,Procurator Fiscal, Chief of Clan Dunbar and also representing Romain de Saint-Clair, Earl of Eglinton, Castellan of Caerlaverock. We also represent those that died upon the Scottish ship, The Flying Scotsman:

Aloyze - Cousin to Romain
Silenus Murray - Citizen of Glasgow
Tempest Selene Anei - Citizen of Munster
Carter Collins - Citizen of Sussex
Physax - Citizen of Galloway
Evanna Irvine - Citizen of Munster
Sirtyme - Citizen of Galloway

Being as Romain and I are the two highest ranking nobles in Scotland and our property has been destroyed, we ask the King to take action. For those that do not respect titles, I would appeal to both our long history of services to Scotland and our support and friendship that has long been held by both Glasgow and Galloway.

As you well know, this was an unprovoked attack upon Scottish ships (both The Flying Scotsman and The Royal Scotland being privately financed and built in Glasgow). We were fired upon without warning and upon inquiring the reasons for the attack, we got the following response from Harpege:

Quote :
Date : 03/09/2011 - 22:25:13
Titre : Re: Flying Scotsman

no I don't know you, and never heard of that list. Seldomseen sank a ship belonging to my friends a few weeks ago, and stole another one: does this list work only from one side ?

anyway, I think that's private between my co-captain and you: I'll let him the wheel, see with him. I'm afraid I'm lost in Scottish riots....

Harpège

At which point she handed her Battle Carrack over to Firefox, who I messaged as well about the continued attack. His response was:

Quote :
Date : 03/09/2011 - 23:15:31
Titre : Re: Flying Scotsman

Thank you for your letter. I am not in the NNGO so I am not privy to any arrangements they have. I have, however, been informed that your ship participated in the looting of Ayr County. So, as for my knowledge, the Flying Scotsman has been on a target list for a long time. Even more so now, given the actions of Glasgow against innocent merchants.

Regards,

Captain Fox

We were simply attacked because or ships both happen to bear Scotland's name. I was not even on the ship at the time, so I know Firefox did not attack the ship to get revenge on me. This was pure and simple piracy in the worst form. Firefox and Harpege's ship is now bearing down on The Royal Scotland, captained by Romain and we do not expect him to make it through the attack. Even if their justifications for attacking me were valid, there is no reason to attack Lord Romain unprovoked. It only further proves that they are committing acts of piracy, without discrimination, against all Scottish ships.

The Queen of France has been contacted regarding this matter and I hope for the King to make an official statement on our behalf regarding this blatant act of treachery. I believe that both Firefox and Harpege should be labeled persona non-grata in all of Scotland by decree and all who encounter them should be obliged to show them ill will and damage them in any way possible in retaliation for these actions. I shall humbly await the King's response in these distant lands.

Lance Dunbar
Earl of Dunbar
Knight OCM
Procurator Fiscal

Funny stuff. - Page 22 Seal_yellow[/rp]
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Hey . . . I said that Razz

I want to see if our King really feels like RPing a monarchy and sticking up for his nobles Laughing
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:07 am

Alistair243 wrote:
Fniola wrote:
Whitesnow wrote:
What Seldom did ? Robbed and sunk a ship of some idiots who thought that lies are the best way to get a warship from Glasgow Twisted Evil

Whitesnow, you are nothing. Jot down somewhere so you remember.

Glasgow is starting to pay the joke of Ardencaple.

If you think sinking the Flying Scotsman or Romains vessel is revenge for Glasgow you are very sadly mistaken. I thought i had sorted this out with Tanissa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next