AuthorMessage
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Funny stuff. - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Yes, well, from the screenshots I've seen, the names called are well deserved.

*smirks*

Your crew is really, really overstaying its welcome. Scotland has enough with English taking over Galloway, English taking over the crown, Leah being stabbed in the back while in retreat(you guys would do the same to Marshy?), and the all around xenophobic attitude from Galloway that all of these things encourage.

All you're doing is giving me more and more reason to go to Scotland and help take the trash out. Too many sacrifices have been made so that Scotland wouldn't be the way it was when Ayr was around. Scotland should have a country that focuses on external, rather than internal conflict. That's the way I left it and that's the way it needs to stay.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 pm

My crew? >_>; I am not a ship captain, and just jumped aboard it a few days ago to get out of England. Im sure all your griefs are with merit. No one dislikes pretentious dillweeds more than I! But if there's one thing I am known for, it's my affinity for gentle tongues. Michelle is a nice woman, though she often surrounds herself with less-than-desirable folk. She does not deserve being called a moron, idiot, and whatever else she was called.

What is the general concensus of the Octavian Legion?
Back to top Go down
Drax
Serf
Drax

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Would I be the "less-than-desireable" one? lol!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:47 pm

If I do see an idiot, I will call one like that. Its not like I'm intentionally looking for them Smile

Rothar's supporter = the idiot/sycophant/worse in my book. "Oh no Rothar doesnt deserve how you do behave with him" - absolutely retarded.

Better dont show with them in Glasgow, it will be too fun to kill her Razz

OL its JO's gang. They're trying to recruit lately a lot. From my perspective, they're noobs but not harmful to anyone except perhaps themselves. Of course they perhaps are better than anything else what currently Galloway can offer.

Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm

lulz... you people... *wipes away a tear* =´) ...amuse me so much <3
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Badger
Quote :
I posted this elsewhere but the message has not seemed to have been heard everywhere else.

1) Do Not use insults that involve intelligence in modern terms (retards, imbecile, and the like) - these are not permitted. Be period correct and creative.

2) You may not add comments or insults about other characters in your sig, banner, or avey. These are ooc. (they should be IC but that has never happened)

3) Your fun can not come at the expense of others. Everyone should be here to have fun and that fun should be supporting the RP of others, not tearing it down. Most people do not find it fun to be insulted and ridiculed. If they ask you, or the mods ask you to stop, then stop.

4) Most Important: Please everyone tell me that these threads are all IC and that you are all not taking things too seriously! It's just a game, walk away for a bit if you can't separate it from RL. And stop baiting each other. It's fun that you are all all heated up about stuff - IF IT"S RP, if it's real then it's not fun - and it needs to stop!

Jaqen
Quote :
So we take disagreement and conflict outta the game right? People can lie about other's character but that person had sure as hell not call them out for such. Character has been insulted in character? Deal with it. Character has been ridiculed in character? Deal with it.

As to your second point, I know you struggle to tell the difference between ooc and ic but when someones character replies to someone elses character it does tend to be ic or else just what are we replying to? A real life person talking to a pretend person or vice versa?

In short, notice how you guys have killed Highland Halls again?

Badger
Quote :
Just a comment on this as I get so tired of this ridiculous statement.

No, it is the forum bullies who kill the forums. I get endless PMs from those who would want to RP but are afraid to or are unwilling to subject themselves to the attacks from those who feel that it is their Right to say anything they want to anyone and then claim that it is just "RP".

Endless OOC battles do not equal a healthy Highlands Hall.

I cannot tell you how sick I am of the term forum bullies. Everyone expects everyone to be polite, the bad guys should all be charming dashing rogues. Rolling Eyes If people would realize their characters are being insulted and not the player behind, and for Jah's sake, stop whining! And while I'm ranting, Fisher badly needs to be out of Highland Halls, he quite honestly is too sensitive for them.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 am

Well, it means crybabies went whining to censors Smile Kinda pathetic, but didnt expect anything better from them either. Also, given how much whiners are being liked around, I guess they'll soon be noticed not only by me Razz
Back to top Go down
Michelle_macale
Serf
Michelle_macale

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 am

Oh that was a fun read Very Happy

And i dont agree that calling someone a retard is funny tbh. For all you know TPB could have a disability. It is uncalled for. There are other ways to insult. Retard isnt even a work of the 1400's.

Other than that though was good fun.

I think what Badger was trying to get at, or at least what i took from it, was that the only RP in HH seems to be bickering and fighting and there are many other kinds of RP too.

Of course, comments here dont add to your argument that it was all IC now do they Razz
Back to top Go down
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 am

If they want RP, let's curse like they did in the dark ages.

Dog!
Churl!
Scullion!
Villain!
Loathsome paynim!
Showing your index and middle fingers, like a V.

What do I like swearing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Michelle_macale
Serf
Michelle_macale

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:33 am

God’s blood,
God’s teeth,
By the Virgin,
By Satan’s hairy arse or warty prick.

scitan (pron. SHE-tahn).

currish base-court bladder
tottering clapper-clawed barnacle
frothy dismal-dreaming baggage

'boiled-brains' (senseless, hotheated),
'baggage' (term of contempt for an immoral woman)
'clay-brained'
'bull's pizzle'
'codpiece' (padded pouch worn in the front of tight breeches or hose by men)
'capocchia' (dolt, simpleton)
'cornuto' (cuckold - a man whose wife was unfaithful was thought to grow horns)
'eye-offending'
'cot-quean' (man who busies himself with women's household tasks)
'coxcomb' (foolishly vain or conceited person),
'cozener' (cheater, imposter),
'eye-offending',
' facinerious ' (extremely wicked and vile')
'finicial' (foppish in matters of dress, fussily fastidious),
'fleshmonger' (fornicator)
'fustilarian' (fat frowsy slut),
'geck' (dupe, fool, object of scorn),
'knotty-pated' (thick-headed) ,
giglet (giddy girl, lewd wanton person),
'gorbellied' (big bellied, fat paunched)
jack-a-nape (ape, monkey, conceited person),
lily-livered (cowardly),
logger-headed (stupidly blockhead)
'motley-minded' (foolish)
'muddy-mettled' (dull spirited),
'lubberly' (awkward, clumsy, loutish)
'naughty' (wicked, worthless, this word had a stronger meaning in shakespeare's time than in ours)
'princox' (saucy insolent boy)
'pestiferous' (annoying, troublesome, dangerous to society)
'slobbery' (wet, slovenly, muddy)
'snail-paced'
'sodden-witted'
'swag-bellied' (having a sizeable sagging stomach)
'rampallian' (ruffian, scoundrel)
'tardy-gaited' (slow of pace)
'thrasonical' (boastful, bragging)
'tripe-visaged' (with a face like a dish of entrails),
'ticklebrain' (a drunk)
'villagio' (scoundrel, villain),
viperous (venemous, maignant),
'wanton' (immoral).

There are many to chose from and it would be funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 am

That requires all the readers to look up what those words mean. There are tons of current words that are allowed in RP that nobody will ever complain about, because they're not insults.

Brings me to a quote I saw the other day.
"No, I'm not insulting you. I'm merely describing you."

Quote :
Michelle is a nice woman, though she often surrounds herself with less-than-desirable folk. She does not deserve being called a moron, idiot, and whatever else she was called.

Oh, she is a nice woman. I quite like Michelle...when she' in Ireland. In Scotland, she's making a nuisance of herself and supporting a King that needs to be taken down. That, in and of itself isn't brave, but quite foolish.

Rothar's to be respected? Respect is earned. He has done nothing but troll Scotland with one decree after another. If Sammn did the same, I'm sure words would be said.

And...
OL is indeed JO's weak attempt to take back all he lost when he killed off JO. He lost Campbell Chief status and he lost his ability to raise an army and influence people.
Back to top Go down
Michelle_macale
Serf
Michelle_macale

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:26 am

Funny thing that...Michelle is not supporting Roth as king...she is defending her friend.

She never once mentioned anything he had done as king or that she agreed with or supported it. Not once.

My comment on respect was aimed at all to respect each other. I get Roth's char has no respect given, never once questioned it. My point was that there is someone behind that char and that should be respected.

Just the same as Michelle started to get shouted down, there is a player behind her and that should be respected.

That in the long and short of it was all she was saying as well as if you are not happy with something do something to change it.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:00 am

Oh God bringing all this drabble to these forums? -_-; Keep the idiocity (adding to the urban dictionary) away from my fun house!

Pity for all!

Funny stuff. - Page 28 Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:05 am

Please do not censor us here, that was one of the intentions of this forum.

Quite simply, except for those close to me, I nor my character wants to or should know anything beyond your characters, and you don't know anything beyond my character. That being said, anything said should be taken no further than the characters. If you choose to take personal offense at something, that is your choice, but don't throw it back on someone who's playing their character.

Michelle, it's also wrong to assume that people don't carry IC over to here, regardless of the title of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Michelle_macale
Serf
Michelle_macale

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:51 am

Its not wrong to assume that a post in a forum marked OOC is OOC.

There is a Scottish rp for rp.

But that is my whole point, regardless of whether or not you know the person behind the player and real people behind the char's deserve respect. I had thought everything in HH was IC until i checked here.

The question then rises to how can you tell someone is IC if OOC forums are also IC?

Personally, any forum marked OOC i post OOC and take every post made as OOC unless stated otherwise.

And LOL Dir

ETA -

OOC does anyone want to give me a debriefing on what has actually been happening in Scotland? I have heard everything second hand from a few people and im sure one sided and I always find OOC explanations better Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 am

I'm happy that it's your practice to post OOC in an OOC forum, however not everyone goes OOC, as I said, regardless of the title. I for one hate with a passion to go OOC for any reason and telling people that if they want to be IC to post in the Scottish RP is not your place quite honestly.

I don't take anything short of being accused of game cheating as anything against my person because no one knows me enough to insult me. If the player behind the character is feeling disrespected it's because they're choosing to take things too far.

I've always thought it best, when given a choice, to take things in the most positive way. In this case meaning for example, that if something can be taken as an insult against my character or my person, I take it against my character.

You cannot have black and white rules and expect everyone to do things the way you do. We have a huge number of people, from a variety a places, backgrounds, beliefs etc. and if you can't allow for differences, then you're not being realistic in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 am

Leave my Lord and Savior out of this, please.

I, personally, see no other way to remark about this game than from the perspective of my player. I could post, "Elois thinks this, Elois feels that" but I find it irksome. Outside of RK, and especially lately, I really don't care about the players behind the characters. You want to know how I can be against someone OOC? Ask Aldicia. And well, she earned my OOC dislike, from how she treated other players. I don't waste my time if I dislike someone OOC. If I dislike them OOC, the whole RK country is going to know.

So, I don't hate Michelle. My character doesn't even hate Michelle. Would I kill her if it made Scotland a better place? Yes. Would I, the player, find her where she live and beat her to death with her harddrive? No. Very Happy I think that's the big difference here. And anyone who knows me IRL knows if I want to confront someone, I will.
Back to top Go down
Michelle_macale
Serf
Michelle_macale

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 am

I dont get where you are coming from Angeljoy to be honest....there is nothing wrong with expecting a post in an OOC forum to be OOC. If it is IC then fair enough, I never said it couldnt be just that there was a place for it.

But you cannot expect me to assume that everyone is posting IC here, when it is quite clearly marked an OOC forum. That is not your place either. Wink

It is ok to say that the TPB is taking things to far and being insulted, this does happen from time to time with us all im sure, if it is constanlty happening with various posts it is time for that person to step back and review thier connection to the game.

However if it is constantly happening from the same people towards one that is a different matter.

@ Elois

If i dislike someone OOC I tend to stay away from them if i can. The games for me are for fun and not to be destroyed by spending my time over someone who means nothing to me. RL has enough people I dont like in it to keep me busy. Though fighting RP does relieve tension and is fun Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 am

How stupid your character is should have no bearing on how stupid your player is, unless the player is as stupid as the character.

Staying away from people you dislike OOC is not always possible. As someone who was friends with Marzena for 6 months, I can tell you that if someone wants to harass, they will do anything in their power. You do not know the meaning of OOC harassment if you think Fury members are harassing Rothar or you.

Rothar needs to get out from behind your skirt(your char, if you don't know) and grow a pair. I was head of 2/3 of the national government in Scotland, as well as on Ayr council a little while before I left for the Carlisle war. Fury gave me a hard time up until the point Ayr stabbed me in the back, and I took a trip to Glasgow. Rothar's problem is that he has his nose so far up his own ass that he can't see that Glasgow is a very fun, very productive county, one that he'd enjoy if he didn't try to destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:28 am

Anyway, I'm tired. I'm going to go play Skyrim and join the assasins' guild. Hopefully I wont wind up on America's Most Wanted. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 pm

ooc//

Not posted to single one person out but reading this makes my head hurt. What is wrong with everyone mudslinging each other in all the ooc areas? We have the flames for that Twisted Evil go have fun in there Smile
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 pm

This entire forum area (Scottish OOC) is OOC >_>

I agree with Mikhaila!!!
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Quote :
But you cannot expect me to assume that everyone is posting IC here, when it is quite clearly marked an OOC forum. That is not your place either.

Of course I don't expect you to assume that everyone is posting IC here. I do think it's reasonable to expect that not everyone will be IC or OOC anywhere and to read what they write, and then make a decision as to how you take something. You don't have a choice in what people say or do, you however do have a choice in how you react to it. That is my bottom line point.

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Michelle_macale wrote:
Oh that was a fun read Very Happy

And i dont agree that calling someone a retard is funny tbh. For all you know TPB could have a disability. It is uncalled for. There are other ways to insult. Retard isnt even a work of the 1400's.

Other than that though was good fun.

I think what Badger was trying to get at, or at least what i took from it, was that the only RP in HH seems to be bickering and fighting and there are many other kinds of RP too.

Of course, comments here dont add to your argument that it was all IC now do they Razz

Oh, obviously all shall regard everything what you said and yourself as extremely wise and smart Rolling Eyes Especially when you do interfere into discussions where you dont have a slightest idea about what and why people are talking.

I will call you a person ill with Down syndrome if it will make you feel better Wink

Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Just noticed those damned censors shut us down. Why interfere with a good IC name-calling?!

*waves fist*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next