AuthorMessage
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

Funny stuff. - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:23 pm

ahem.. people's.. flames are over there plzzz Razz

I thought I'd post here that Tosher's character has been eradicated and I made a memorial thread in Highlands Hall.

As for the name calling, its all RP and in character. I should know best, I happen to live with the worst troll of them all in real life, where he is the sweetest person ever =] I've never had a problem from telling IC from OOC and the other way around. Maybe I don't take the stuff as seriously as I used to play table top RPGs? Most people in RK seem to be unfamiliar with role play before they joined.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Those who want to be flamed only need to ask. I'm sure I can think of something. Rolling Eyes

And yes, your roommate is one of the sweetest, evilest trolls there ever was.

And I'm horribly sad about Tosher. One of the best there ever was.

Now, for some Scottish bs, from Marz's latest clone:

Quote :

Moss.

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 22:49 Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise, Surprise, not... hummm... well Oak I think there is your answer all in one. Laughing AO and Legion, looks like possibly you boys might get your wish. Why can't Fury just behave, and teach a young girl normally?

Oh and Swampi, just leave my Ossy, please. You all had him long enough. I can't handle the option that is left with out him. I love him, thank you. Plus it incited a harem war in Wiggy for me to accept his proposal. Has to be respect for starting a war right? Laughing

Visit poster's website

.swampi

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 22:56 Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit/Delete this post

personally i think poor os is having a breakdown and as ssoon as he gets some proper help will see the error of his ways

i am surprised u not accuse him of forcing things on you or such yet Rolling Eyes

Edited by Pika

The word 'politics' comes from the Greek 'poly' meaning 'many', and ticks of course are bloodsucking parasites

Moss.

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 22:57 Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Seriously he the sweetest man ever. Why would I ever say such a horribly inappropriate thing to him?

Visit poster's website

.swampi

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 22:59 Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit/Delete this post

u do every other guy u come in contact with Rolling Eyes

ooc
for the censors this is totsally ic

The word 'politics' comes from the Greek 'poly' meaning 'many', and ticks of course are bloodsucking parasites

Moss.

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry, I have never made such an accusation to any man. Any one who actually knows me, knows I am very prude. Restrained, and not easy to get in with, but no man has ever done such a vile, and deplorable thing.

Certainly not Os, and I am quite disgusted you would go straight to sexuality and aggression. Os is far to much of a gentleman.

Visit poster's website

.swampi

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit/Delete this post

i did NOT say anything against os
he is a sweetie
it is all u i am talking about and ur demented mind
it is actually worse then mine when i lose it but for u it seems everuday thing
as zsoon as u get mad at him u will falsly accuse him of sometrhing

Last edited by .swampi on 04 Jan 2012 23:05; edited 1 time in total

Calum

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

.swampi wrote:

ooc

How is this IC? Moss hasnt done anything of that, if your accusing her of her previous characters of doing this then thats still not IC. Do not try and pawn this off as game chat because this is so not and it disgusts me, bringing out this attack for someone you have never met IC and with an argument which never happened IG, i can understand you attacking her for fighting with tod or dar or jaqen on the forums, but jeez this is not IC.

Moss.

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:09 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady the one thing I am certain of is this. I am no where as mental as you. I have never done anything of which you claim. Os and I have had an amazing friendship with no drama. Most of Galloway has witnessed it!

We have already had two minor arguments. One for my over forgiving nature. One in relation to Fury. He was never talked to as you claim. I never said to any one ever how he was anything less than amazing. Even after our arguments.

I might suggest if you feel so highly of Os as you claim. You trust him in his choices. Which include me. He knows me far better than you, for a woman I only have just met!

(ooc: Thanks Calum. Edit for spelling.)

Visit poster's website

.swampi

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:14 Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit/Delete this post

Calum wrote:
.swampi wrote:

ooc

How is this IC? Moss hasnt done anything of that, if your accusing her of her previous characters of doing this then thats still not IC. Do not try and pawn this off as game chat because this is so not and it disgusts me, bringing out this attack for someone you have never met IC and with an argument which never happened IG, i can understand you attacking her for fighting with tod or dar or jaqen on the forums, but jeez this is not IC.

but it is in char
u should well remeber some of swampis breakdowns she has had
and she is middle of having another but does not realize it yet

any person who thinks a dead baby is alive and takes care of it can easily confuse dead folks with living ones

Jaqen

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:44 Post subject: Reply with quote

Calum wrote:
.swampi wrote:

ooc

Because she didn't say "TPB my character is surprised you haven't accused him of rape." or "My character is surprised TPB your character hasn't accused him of rape." So it's in character. What's to say someone from Galloway hasn't ventured to Glasgow telling tales of Moss? They don't have to be a pc they could be npc and its still totally in character. Whats to say Swampi's (the character) opinion of Moss is that low that she wouldn't be surprised at any depths she stoops to. In short, quit your whining. Tired of it. Get back in character.

sig removed by Badger

Visit poster's website

Moss.

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:50 Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes Lady, while I am speaking so openly with you. Yes there was one witnessed incident where I was brutalized by a man, and left covered in bruises, but others witnessed it, and Os defended me. Though for one wishing to take children hostage, and force them to endure a life of servitude I am quite surprised you are one to judge any one who hasn't done as you claim. Still...

There is your comment about not Fury related, of which your own members have already confirmed Fury was related! Goodness fall far from the cuckoo tree lately?

Tell me since you are so NUTS, did also the Duchess of Glasgow give you permission to park your silly army in our county?

You know like the robbers already admitted she asked them to come break our laws, and rob our people. Can you keep your thoughts together, and straight enough, to answer this?

You know I don't think you are crazy at all. I think you use this to cover your perfectly sane but illegal acts. An attempt to get away with it. Clever ploys, but an insane woman wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut to her jolly of riding an army of men into war. In fact I know your not insane, but only pretending.

(ooc: Seriously I know the word you chose to use isn't permitted. One rper to the next, I would appreciate it being changed. Not right I can't use it even in a none sexual manner, and yet you be able to in a very sexual manner. You have played a lot longer than I, and should know this of course. If you can attempt to god mod me into a character I am not. I would appreciate you actually rp out your insanity, not just spoken words. This does not conclude insanity in rp. I hope you do realize a god mod can be returned. Jaq seriously zip it. She can claim my character is any one she wants, but she can not accuse my character of their wrongs. It is a disgusting abuse of rp at best. Since no one can do it to you Jaq, but most know who you were, any attempt to try and rp it, in sane or not, gets people eradicated. So please lay off the attempts.)

Visit poster's website

Calum

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:50 Post subject: Reply with quote

Claiming crazyness to assault another player is not acceptable. And Jaqen thats utter rubbish, making up things about another player isnt acceptable either, your both saying oh its just my character being my character. No it isnt its your char finding random things which have absolutely no basis on anything, and using them to attack another character and then saying on its ok it was IC. No this is a sick way to play the game.

Jaqen

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 23:56 Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't, making things up about other characters isn't acceptable is it not?
Moss. wrote:
Law? ok let's look at law shall we? I think you speak on the wrong topic, but let's play...

English war/ Galloway being invaded facts admitted to by our elders and yours:

NNGO/Irish wanted war and our prestige. They demanded (Made up, to make Irish and NNGO look bad.) Galloway passage and prestige, under threat of harm if not accepted (Made up to make NNGO and Irish look bad.), and compensated Galloway for their subservience. Still Galloway lost a lot more than compensated, and still has issues on that border. Cause NNGO/Irish failed to finish it. (Made up, to make Irish and NNGO look bad.) English never wanted. Now it still rots our lands. No real punishment came to NNGO members. (Made up, to make Irish and NNGO look bad.)

NNGO/Ed theft: Said person used AO to steal from Galloway tons of money. Cause greater harm to our communities spirit. Again neutrality is exercised, and light handed response. (This endtire segment, made up, to make Irish and NNGO look bad.)

NNGO/Hespera/Lance68 : Again stole tons of Galloway money. Still threaten our people of Galloway. Money never returned. Again neutrality exercised and light handed punishment issued. (This endtire segment, made up, to make Irish and NNGO look bad.)

Fury/ NNGO : Fury is nothing more than an extension of NNGO. They have never denied this since the arrival of NNGO from ireland to Scotland.
(Complete lie.)

Fury NNGO members/ Italian/French : Stole money from the Italian and French, bringing further war to Scotland. Galloway again aides them, no way around it, since it was them who thanked Galloway peoples. We again been attacked. Again Galloway has not punished NNGO/Fury ever. (Complete lie.)

We again suffer the NNGO/fury forced war on us. They won't leave us alone. We need to do something else, and try a new method of removing their war from us. Galloway should not be subservient to them. Repeated beatings by the same group of people. Do we really want to cower to them for another three years?(Complete lie.)

Flaith, Wallace and Rothar stating, not accusing, an inactive Leah of selling titles which she didn't, and using it to strip her of her position.

I could go on. But you get my point.

sig removed by Badger

Visit poster's website

Moss.

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 00:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

(ooc: My character has made nothing up. These are things she was told IC in taverns, in this thread, and ect. I saw inside the offsite college area, before it was mass deleted. OOC I know what was there. IC Moss can't. So I know what isn't made up. Thus Roth would know IC, since he had access to it, before the mass delete as well. This would be IC knowledge for him. It isn't their players fault, the guy you trusted, gave him and many others a quick view of what is needed, and it isn't the players listed fault, they choose not to give the evidence out. Now if I must give the URL to the offsite to prove it exists, I shall, but I don't want to, as a player I am off to bed. )

Visit poster's website

.swampi

Posted: 05 Jan 2012 00:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit/Delete this post

Quote:
Though for one wishing to take children hostage, and force them to endure a life of servitude I am quite surprised you are one to judge any one who hasn't done as you claim. Still...

where did u here that rumor
i never put kids in servatude
my dear hubby loves lots of kids so i thought i pick up a few orphans here and take em back
Quote:
There is your comment about not Fury related, of which your own members have already confirmed Fury was related! Goodness fall far from the cuckoo tree lately?

got me on that one,,how is it fury related?? Shocked
Quote:
You know like the robbers already admitted she asked them to come break our laws, and rob our people. Can you keep your thoughts together, and straight enough, to answer this?

and who specifacally told u this
never mind that i not tell crap
open ur mouth spit it out

Quote:

(ooc: Seriously I know the word you chose to use isn't permitted.

i agree there but my senile brain cannot think of an alternative word word Embarassed
considering it is swampi talking and not me

eta
Quote:
Tell me since you are so NUTS, did also the Duchess of Glasgow give you permission to park your silly army in our county?

why would i report to her what i do

she not my babysitter today Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Definately Telc. It's hard for many people to differentiate between people and player.

(Example: In SK RP, my character vehemently hates certain people, whom Diragon is good friends with in RK. It's all about the game, and personal relations are the most fun ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Drax
Serf
Drax

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 pm

ok...clearly you don't understand something here...it isn't about being OOC or IC, it is about the choice of insults. It was discussed earlier, but now, I think I will show you a message I found on the internet...

http://www.theredneckmommy.com/2010/03/05/why-you-shouldnt-use-the-r-word/
Quote :

Why You Shouldn’t Use the R-Word

I don’t often use my blog as a drum skin to bang. This is my space to entertain myself and share my life with the people who choose to read it. But today, I’m picking up my drumsticks and banging away, hoping one person will hear my words and choose their own more carefully the next time they speak.

I’ve written before how using the word retarded affects me. I’m tired of hearing people use the word retarded as their go-to word for stupid or lame* defective and I’m even more annoyed with the people who don’t understand why I take offence to it’s usage.

The word retarded, when used in our modern lexicon doesn’t just mean slow any more. The r-word has become a catch-all word for society to use when frustrated, annoyed or ignorant. It’s spawned a family of new words: the celebutard, the e-tard, and the ever useful, fuck-tard. The word and it’s growing plethora of cousins is all over the internet, filtering into our daily lexicon.

It’s not okay.

Like I tell my kids, words have power. Yes, I understand the meanings of words flux and change over the course of time, like currency in modern life. But this should mean that our standards of morality and the words we use to reflect that morality must be constantly examined and reapplied as time passes. It shouldn’t mean that our standards be abandoned, bankrupted like an American bank in the Great Depression.

When you drop the ‘tard bomb into casual conversation, you are demeaning disabled people and reinforcing the stereotype that mental disabilities are bad and that people who suffer these disabilities are lesser; to be excluded and ignored because they don’t know any better. Heck, it’s not like they even know what the word means right? Who are you hurting?

You are hurting me. You are hurting my kids. You are hurting everyone who loves someone who has been labeled a retard due to how they look, how they speak or how they learn.

It’s not okay to go on twitter and announce that your computer is retarded. Did you mean your computer’s operating system is running slow? You might have meant to convey that your laptop is a piece of shit that doesn’t work and you desperately covet a new one, but instead you just conveyed your ignorance and your lack of respect for the most marginalized, disparaged group of people in the world.

That pisses me off.

This is a word that carries with it a history of social isolation and exlusion. It’s use is a reminder of the culture of neglect people with disabilities are forced to endure every day. By using it, you are reinforcing the idea that handicapped, mentally disabled, people are bad, lesser, sub-human.

It only takes a second for a person to call something retarded, but for my children, for me, it will take a life time to erase the negative connotations associated with the word. In the instance you insert the r-word into your casual conversation, I’m instantly transported to the moment in time I overheard a complete stranger refer to my beautiful child as a retard, or the time my children came home in tears because someone chased them around the playground teasing them about having a retarded brother.

You are reminding me of the endless hours of sitting in a hospital beside my child, worrying for his future, wondering what is going to happen to him when I’m too old or weak to take care of him myself. You are reminding me of all the times I’ve fought to have him included on field trips and of all the times I’ve spent on hold with some bureaucrat trying to find funding to pay for a necessary service. You are reminding me of the friends I’ve lost because they are made uncomfortable by having my child around them.

When you use that r-word, or any of it’s colourful and less charming derivatives, you are hurting someone. You are discriminating against a people who can’t stand up for themselves and quite frankly, you are pissing me off.

I don’t need a reminder of the dismissive attitude in our society towards my child. I live it every damn day. Every time a child hides in fear behind their mother’s leg because they are scared of the drooling kid in a wheelchair. Every time a grown adult refuses to make eye contact with me or my son. Every time I hear someone I know tell me it’s not a big deal to use the r-word after I chastise them for doing just that.

It is a big deal.

By using that word, whether YOU realize it or not, you are minimizing the struggles of disabled people and their families. You are demeaning, mocking and disrespecting a society of people who have been forced to endure more hardship and struggles than most, simply by nature of their birth.

Oh, and that argument that I’m being to over-sensitive? Too politically correct? Ask yourself how you would feel if you were forced to wear that sign pinned to your back side for others to try and kick.

You can argue that you are taking the word retard back, owning it, but you aren’t. Thirty years plus of having the word retard being used in a derogatory manner isn’t going to be erased. The stereotype isn’t just based on society’s careless use of this word, it resides in society’s treatment of and attitude towards these special people.

There is no defending the use of the r-word in my world. Defending it’s use is not defending freedom of speech, and heck I’d fall on the sword to defend that right, but instead it is the defence of bullies.

That is why you shouldn’t use the r-word anymore.

Because ultimately, no one likes a bully.

Now do you understand?
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I feel like calling you a retard for posting that retarded shit. Different languages and cultures have different views on the word and synonyms of retard.
Back to top Go down
Drax
Serf
Drax

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:59 pm

That is true Telcara..and if you are too fucking stupid to respect others, then you are right, I shouldn't have wasted my time...
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Funny stuff. - Page 29 Retard

Sorry... No
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:04 pm

The player behind Drax, cause this is OOC, what I said is true yes. To me, retard is just the same as calling someone an idiot. Its not a heavy loaded word as you want to make it seem like. Just because that is your opinion, you are trying to force that on to us - which makes me pissed. So yeah, don't waste your time here trying to force your views on me and others.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Respect is different to different people, just like insults are different to different people. The only way to make sure you don't piss off or offend someone is to keep quiet. Well, no then someone will probably be offended that you don't speak to them. You want everyone to respect that you find certain insults offensive, but you don't respect them for disagreeing with you. Razz

Funny stuff. - Page 29 396441_345105278836259_302198013126986_1492921_332262272_n
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Drax wrote:
ok...clearly you don't understand something here...it isn't about being OOC or IC, it is about the choice of insults. It was discussed earlier, but now, I think I will show you a message I found on the internet...

http://www.theredneckmommy.com/2010/03/05/why-you-shouldnt-use-the-r-word/
Quote :

Why You Shouldn’t Use the R-Word

I don’t often use my blog as a drum skin to bang. This is my space to entertain myself and share my life with the people who choose to read it. But today, I’m picking up my drumsticks and banging away, hoping one person will hear my words and choose their own more carefully the next time they speak.

I’ve written before how using the word retarded affects me. I’m tired of hearing people use the word retarded as their go-to word for stupid or lame* defective and I’m even more annoyed with the people who don’t understand why I take offence to it’s usage.

The word retarded, when used in our modern lexicon doesn’t just mean slow any more. The r-word has become a catch-all word for society to use when frustrated, annoyed or ignorant. It’s spawned a family of new words: the celebutard, the e-tard, and the ever useful, fuck-tard. The word and it’s growing plethora of cousins is all over the internet, filtering into our daily lexicon.

It’s not okay.

Like I tell my kids, words have power. Yes, I understand the meanings of words flux and change over the course of time, like currency in modern life. But this should mean that our standards of morality and the words we use to reflect that morality must be constantly examined and reapplied as time passes. It shouldn’t mean that our standards be abandoned, bankrupted like an American bank in the Great Depression.

When you drop the ‘tard bomb into casual conversation, you are demeaning disabled people and reinforcing the stereotype that mental disabilities are bad and that people who suffer these disabilities are lesser; to be excluded and ignored because they don’t know any better. Heck, it’s not like they even know what the word means right? Who are you hurting?

You are hurting me. You are hurting my kids. You are hurting everyone who loves someone who has been labeled a retard due to how they look, how they speak or how they learn.

It’s not okay to go on twitter and announce that your computer is retarded. Did you mean your computer’s operating system is running slow? You might have meant to convey that your laptop is a piece of shit that doesn’t work and you desperately covet a new one, but instead you just conveyed your ignorance and your lack of respect for the most marginalized, disparaged group of people in the world.

That pisses me off.

This is a word that carries with it a history of social isolation and exlusion. It’s use is a reminder of the culture of neglect people with disabilities are forced to endure every day. By using it, you are reinforcing the idea that handicapped, mentally disabled, people are bad, lesser, sub-human.

It only takes a second for a person to call something retarded, but for my children, for me, it will take a life time to erase the negative connotations associated with the word. In the instance you insert the r-word into your casual conversation, I’m instantly transported to the moment in time I overheard a complete stranger refer to my beautiful child as a retard, or the time my children came home in tears because someone chased them around the playground teasing them about having a retarded brother.

You are reminding me of the endless hours of sitting in a hospital beside my child, worrying for his future, wondering what is going to happen to him when I’m too old or weak to take care of him myself. You are reminding me of all the times I’ve fought to have him included on field trips and of all the times I’ve spent on hold with some bureaucrat trying to find funding to pay for a necessary service. You are reminding me of the friends I’ve lost because they are made uncomfortable by having my child around them.

When you use that r-word, or any of it’s colourful and less charming derivatives, you are hurting someone. You are discriminating against a people who can’t stand up for themselves and quite frankly, you are pissing me off.

I don’t need a reminder of the dismissive attitude in our society towards my child. I live it every damn day. Every time a child hides in fear behind their mother’s leg because they are scared of the drooling kid in a wheelchair. Every time a grown adult refuses to make eye contact with me or my son. Every time I hear someone I know tell me it’s not a big deal to use the r-word after I chastise them for doing just that.

It is a big deal.

By using that word, whether YOU realize it or not, you are minimizing the struggles of disabled people and their families. You are demeaning, mocking and disrespecting a society of people who have been forced to endure more hardship and struggles than most, simply by nature of their birth.

Oh, and that argument that I’m being to over-sensitive? Too politically correct? Ask yourself how you would feel if you were forced to wear that sign pinned to your back side for others to try and kick.

You can argue that you are taking the word retard back, owning it, but you aren’t. Thirty years plus of having the word retard being used in a derogatory manner isn’t going to be erased. The stereotype isn’t just based on society’s careless use of this word, it resides in society’s treatment of and attitude towards these special people.

There is no defending the use of the r-word in my world. Defending it’s use is not defending freedom of speech, and heck I’d fall on the sword to defend that right, but instead it is the defence of bullies.

That is why you shouldn’t use the r-word anymore.

Because ultimately, no one likes a bully.

Now do you understand?

No I dont. If you dont like being called retard, its your problem not mine Smile
Back to top Go down
Drax
Serf
Drax

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Did you notice that I didn't write that? I simply shared it to proivide insight into why others might find certain word choices offensive even if given in an IC format.

But, clearly, you all seem to believe that you do not need to accept responsibility for your words and actions, and everyhting is someone elses fault. That is fine..a nice life to live..isolated in your world.

Some of us actually exist in the world outside of an internet connection. We have to live by rules of society. And we carry those rules with us where ever we go.

I am not offended by the term 'retard', but I am sensitive to others offense and therefore refrain from using it.

Some find the word 'fuck' offensive, hence my use of it. But even I will not pull the trigger on racially offensive slurs. Yet both of you are arguing that they too are fine, as long as they don't bother you.

Truly, a shameful state of affairs.

I am done here, because I am not trying to argue a point. I simply tried to show another's view.

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh obviously now those who dont share your oppinion are internet no-lifers. Clever, smart and absolutely never heard anywhere before Laughing

Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 pm

I actually do not swear and am not appreciative of it as many can tell you. I do however realize they're just words and will not stop others from using them. There are too many words that someone for some reason can be sensitive to. Where do we get the list of words that won't offend someone cause I'm guessing it's much shorter than the list of words that will.

Can you not see it the other way around?

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I am still laughing Very Happy Whining crybaby got offended by a word "retard" on the web, and accused others of being internet no-lifers Razz

Will place another bit, from our expert of "ooc and sensitive matters":

Drax wrote:
I don't know any if you, nor care. You are all small fryes in a small pond that think you are something big.

Now that we have arrived, you will learn how the big boys play, or die trying anyway..i bet on the later (that means the second part for those less capable of understanding simple English)

I don't care about what the story is, don't want to hear it. Fact is, now that I am here, the story will become whatever I decide to make of it.

And Whitesnow...you are showing your immaturity by resorting to name calling so early in this little game. Perhaps it is you that should vow to not whine, but then that would leave you speachless.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't think any of us who play RK can escape the taint of being internet no-lifers!!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

First thing I can agree with Diragon about. I find it pretentious as fuck when people act like they're above everybody else because they have kids or something else that has them preoccupied when they're not playing RK. RK is a game for no-lifers, and there's no way around it.

And...
Yeah, I went through this argument with Porky. I don't care what people think about the word, "retard." The only reason why retard is used at all is because nobody can think of a word that's worse than retard. The mentally retarded are superior by comparison.

I also don't care when someone says, "that's so gay."

Anybody don't like it? Oh the fuck well. I find the vast majority of the world to be hypocritical in regards to who they associate with, who they judge, how they spend their money, what they say behind each others' backs, etc. You're all sooo fucking humble. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:04 pm

I always agree to everything you say Elois. I love you
Back to top Go down
Michelle_macale
Serf
Michelle_macale

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Quote :
re·tard/riˈtärd/

Verb:
Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.

Noun:
offensive. A mentally handicapped person (often used as a general term of abuse).

id·i·ot/ˈidēət/

Noun:
A stupid person.
A mentally handicapped person.

Since they are the same thing idiot would suffice Laughing At least the word existed in the 1400's

@ Elois

Im confused as to who mentioned having kids etc?

Quote :
RK is a game for no-lifers, and there's no way around it.

Totally agree.... LOL

Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Offense can never be given, only taken. Someone can say anything they like about me, but if I disregard those words as insignificant, then that person has gained nothing. I cannot control the action of other people, only my actions, so it is my choice to be either offended or not. Words have no power except what we give to them, a nasty word will never cause a famine or make a person fall down dead, so someone says something you don't like? Be the better person and walk away, it really isn't that hard to do.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Bekah wrote:
Offense can never be given, only taken. Someone can say anything they like about me, but if I disregard those words as insignificant, then that person has gained nothing. I cannot control the action of other people, only my actions, so it is my choice to be either offended or not. Words have no power except what we give to them, a nasty word will never cause a famine or make a person fall down dead, so someone says something you don't like? Be the better person and walk away, it really isn't that hard to do.

That's what I've been trying to say, but clearly have not been doing so! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Michelle_macale wrote:

At least the word existed in the 1400's

Quote :
Retarded comes from the Latin retardare, "to make slow, delay, keep back, or hinder," so mental retardation means the same as mentally delayed. The term was recorded in 1426 as a "fact or action of making slower in movement or time.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Michelle_macale wrote:

@ Elois

Im confused as to who mentioned having kids etc?

No, not you. I've just seen it before too often. Certain people get to the age where they do very adult things and assume everyone else is immature and with a less filled life than them. Anyone can make babies, it doesn't mean they're great at raising them or have accomplished something that hasn't been done since the beginning of time.

And I love what you said, Bekah. I don't know if it's just you or if it's Jewish mysticism, because I hard that from a mystic once. It's what I go by to try and relax a bit. It doesn't seem like it, but I'm the kind of person that blames themselves for everything. It's part of why I may seem insensitive, because I know what I'm prone to and wont let it happen. I know that the best I can do is try and make amends but if someone doesn't want it, I'm not going to beg.

Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Ultimate relaxation:

A Black & Mild cigar and a few Justin Beiber songs.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 pm

I clearly don't have a life because I just sat here and read the last page and a half on the merits of the word "retard".

Truly, who IS the retard now??

<<<<-------------------

I can't remember who said it, but yes, the developmentally disabled really are superior in contrast to those that I call "retarded". That is a word reserved for the Highest Supreme Idiots of the Land, not those who were dealt a shitty hand genetically.

My question:
Is it merely a coincidence that a discussion on the word "retard" is being held in the SCOTTISH ooc thread??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next