AuthorMessage
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny English Crap - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 am

Looks to me like the English have fallen lucky with a bug.  Just like they fell lucky with their magic army that has 5 star prestige at no cost.
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:44 am

Yeah they've been using that bug for a while.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Knight
Serf
The Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Seems someone been making nice medals for English in the London Commons.

I think this is the best work so far which should be presented to more then then just 1 of them.

John.howard wrote:
Rush, I wanted to please you and give you what you wanted concerning Medal Design.
Alas I could not bring myself to, that has not been your sentiment if I remember rightly.

White flag to me is surrender, and I did not detect that from you,

I did many a time detect your sentiments towards the enemy and so have, i think caught it well and presented that in this medal.

I have to say I like this medal and I hope you show it to those that get on your nerves.

Funny English Crap - Page 28 Mb6fdt

Back to top Go down
SirStackableTree
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Shanor wrote:
Not to interrupt the fuss-fest, but is there a way to confirm this?

Present Egremont Mayor wrote:
3. NO access to animal breeding, hence NO ranching, meat, hides, milk or wool.
Blessed be the maker that is no longer holds true. All ranchers have been able to purchase animals, and already the new seated council is working to determine where the animals come from and where the money goes. If it costs the county nothing (as we believe it does) then there is no issue.

So you don't have to read the whole thread, basically Egreemont is discussing the pros/coms of remaining indie for a time.  The mayor is saying they have been able to ranch, despite being indie?  Just curious, if this is indeed true, whether it is another 'gift from the gods' to WML or is something that changed everywhere.

Our only indy town has been indy so long that I doubt there are any ranchers left there to even try.

ETA:  Oops, forgot to add the link to the post in Egremont Hall:
http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?p=86650134#86650134

i can't confirm it first-hand,but people have apparently been saying they can still do so in wml,though if so,it's a bit silly,try not to crucify me,but i kind of get the bond thing,but don't like how they dealt with it,and beyond that,propping up a county with magic powaz is just ridiculous,perhaps they've got to the point where they feel the population is small enough they feel they have to appease people? Laughing admins shouldn't interfere that much in wars,otherwise everyone would surely expect the admins to come to their aid Razz 
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 am

So I OOC sent a letter to Aggnes, Countess of WML about cancelling my taxes because seeing the picture on the dashboard irks me. I don't want to be playing in 4 years time and still have it there.

I got this as a response:

Aggnes wrote:
Date : 30/03/1462 - 11:39:37
Titre : Re: OOC: Taxes
I've already discussed this with my Sheriff. She's decided that she doesn't mind having the list of unpaid taxes in her office, on the off-chance that having the red reminder in your faces every day would annoy you. I'll pass on your message, since I expect she'll be delighted.

I didn't expect to get very far, but nor did I expect to get such a spiteful and nasty response about it.

How in the hell can any 'english' player put up with shit like this? Granted it's not a big deal, but the fact they're going out of their way to be OOC delightful and then say shit like 'oh this will delight my sheriff' is just poor sportsmanship. You lost a war, no need to be a dick about it cos we managed ourselves better  Rolling Eyes

Stellar citizens of society...

I say we take the castle again just to cancel the taxes and then tax them into the negative until they take the castle back XD

ETA:

She replied and I wrote back.

Letter wrote:
Oh my god I'm so sorry! I didn't realise I flew all the way to England to bang down your doors and come into your homes!

Oh wait, I didn't.

This was an OOC request, and you are being a poor sport.

God forbid a game with war mechanics have a war, eh?

Date : 30/03/1462 - 13:32:36
Titre : Re: Re: Re: OOC: Taxes
I've asked her, as I say, but if you wanted to be friends, you shouldn't have wrecked our lives by invading. Just because you think war is fun doesn't mean anyone else does.

ETA ETA:

Letter response again wrote:
Right, so sticking with spiteful then. Must have it in for the pedantic people.

If this debt doesn't clear, consider yourself one of the few on my personal shit-list. I was trying to be nice and I'm a reasonable person, and you could have said no nicely, but you had to give me attitude and you had to be spiteful.

SO!

I will go out of my way to make sure RK is hell for you as much as possible - IC of course, because I'm not petty enough to bully you OOC like the rest of you and your little merry band of friends - and then we'll see if you regret being nasty, shall I??

But if the debt clears, or I at least get an apology for your behaviour, then I'll be nice. Your choice, hun Razz

Slainte!
-TPB Ahlia

Date : 30/03/1462 - 13:55:13
Titre : Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OOC: Taxes
It's a request for something that affects your use of this game, no more. Not cancelling is allowable by the game mechanics, just as invading is allowed by the game mechanics, and is a lot less hassle for you than the war was for us. Actions have consequences - in this case, for you, very minor consequences. If you don't want the consequences, don't take the action.

So I'm done with her, if she wants to keep being all typical English bad sport I'll just mess around with her like she thinks it's acceptable to do with us. That seems fair, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 am

If I were her, I would have told you to either come back and close your tavs or to fuck off. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:23 am

I closed my tavs when I had confirmation we were leaving the island, but that doesn't cancel the taxes. I don't care about the red line, I just don't like the different graphic :PIt is a minor thing, I'm not really all that annoyed, I just find their sportsmanship to be less than tasteful Razz

I did mail Kits separately though, so we'll see if they are all like Aggnes, if they are, then meh Razz

Last edited by ahlia on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : england is not a continent.)
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:32 am

haha, OOC about IG taxes? Im confused! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:36 am

It was an OOC request simply because the dashboard art irks me, like wtf is with that guard guys face?

I don't care if they don't get cancelled, I just wish they weren't so twatty about it.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 am

Roxxane wrote:
If I were her, I would have told you to either come back and close your tavs or to fuck off. Razz 

If I were her, I would have said 'Don't pay the taxes to the County, indeed! Settle the debt with me for... $$$' Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:41 am

I might have considered that if I was still in Westmorland, but definitely not now XD not as long as she is countess.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:49 am

Don't let it get to you. It used to bother me a lot too. These people just don't realize what they are saying when they say it is all.

These are the kind of people that celebrate when people quit the game, yet complain there are not enough players. Paradoxical at best.

I actually got along good with Aggnes. Shame though that even some decent people in RK England don't have a fucking clue about being a good sport.

Look at it this way:

You play RK to have fun.
They play RK to annoy you and try to ruin that fun.

We'll always win, because fun is what we make, not them. Smile
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:54 am

I don't really give a toss tbh, I wasn't going to bend over backwards to please them, it was just a simple thing that she showed me attitude for, considering I don't give a fuck about her or her character as I have nothing at stake with her, on the shit list! haha all good Smile
Just means that whenever she pops her head up somewhere I'm around, I'll make sure to call her out for the sake of it - IC of course, I don't encourage OOC harassment Razz

I don't intend on getting stressed about it Razz
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:13 am

Taxes, who cares about them ? My debt for some is still growing, even if the county in question doesnt exist anymore Smile

Funny English Crap - Page 28 Taxeslol
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:19 am

lmao, nice Dry!! XD

How would you even go about paying that? Have you submitted a ticket for that?

I just wanna go back to looking at the old everything is peaceful or whatever graphic, keep trying to figure out what the hell that figure was, is it a knight marching from the ministry of silly walks or what?
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:28 am

I was actually gutted when somebody on NK cancelled my character's taxes and late fees.  She had managed to get the debt up to nearly 8k and was really proud of it.  Meh, all that work for somebody to poof it out of existence.

On the plus side Ahlia, you have done your good deed for the year in making the English feel good about being twats Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 pm

I haven't paid taxes since I lived in Waterford. Close to six years ago. I don't even give that tab a thought anymore. It's like me still being on trial from when that bitch Muin refused to drop the case. think it's about six years old too Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Kits was a shttonne nicer about it.

Kitsada wrote:
Date : 30/03/1462 - 23:11:01
Titre : Re: OOC: Taxes
Hello,

I'm looking over this issue now, and we're discussing it. I can certainly see your point, and realize you're not going to be back to pay anytime soon, if ever.

Anyway, I'll let you know, later today, what we come up with. I'll tell you I'm inclined to wipe taxes for closed taverns, thank you for closing yours. I'd like to see the rest of them go.

Kit

I suppose those of you who don't intend on coming back any time soon if ya wanna get rid of the taxes go ahead and close ta tavs and she'd be more likely to get rid of them all at once.

I closed all but my tav at home because the events were annoying.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:38 am

Freddeman wrote:
As a soldier returning from the successful defence of northern England, I recent your description, both of our enemy and the paper wall. I assure you, the wall I was in was a proper shield-wall and the enemy bled and fled. I was there when it happened, I was there when Kendal was liberated and I intend to be there again, should the enemy return.
England has prevailed and will do so again.
Back to top Go down
SirStackableTree
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:52 am

where was this? tired of the people in those armies making up battles that didn't happen,they didn't liberate shit,nor was there a battle to liberate kendal,as they love to make up,they sat there like a bunch of pussies,and let everyone die because of it,then turn up waaay later when they know you're on the other side of the isles,liberators? yeah,real hard to revolt against 0 defenders Rolling Eyes like we couldn't of done that ourselves Laughing 
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 am

Devon Inn.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?p=86718591#86718591
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:12 am

SirStackableTree wrote:
where was this? tired of the people in those armies making up battles that didn't happen,they didn't liberate shit,nor was there a battle to liberate kendal,as they love to make up,they sat there like a bunch of pussies,and let everyone die because of it,then turn up waaay later when they know you're on the other side of the isles,liberators? yeah,real hard to revolt against 0 defenders Rolling Eyes like we couldn't of done that ourselves Laughing 

You should have been there for Carlisle.  We all got bored and toddled off home, and I think it was a week later they amazingly took Carlisle back and proclaimed how they had beaten us.  Hard to beat a foe that has wandered off to do something else.  That's like saying you won a football match when you score a goal half an hour after the other team has left.  Then again, we know how much the English love to play with themselves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 am

And people wonder why England has a reputation for dishonesty. Razz
Back to top Go down
SirStackableTree
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:36 am

ah,was before my time bekah,sorry,i did look for it on the forums,i'd post if i could find it..it is a bit annoying though,gonna go back south and claim your war-heroes? pathetic..tis a bit more irritating when they don't tell most people what actually happens,and i suppose bekah,i suppose it's a little bit like when..caligula i think? ordered his legions to pick up seashells on the french coast,then claimed he conquered britain,i liked that comparison better at least Razz and the soldiers/generals appear to be the biggest bullshitters,depending on who it is,but at least they don't pay 'em anymore..elmix's bunch has to resort to using their clones,lol
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 am

You should tell the guy, maybe he might listen to you since you are English. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny English Crap
Page 28 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next