AuthorMessage
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Zitz wrote:
It only sates our need to bitch, or in my case, refute the lies that come out of dry's mouth.

Refuting = "Fury's propanganda ZOMG !", "It cannot be so, because it cannot be so !", "Galloway is totally innocent believe me, Sheridan told me so !".

Maybe indeed go and whine to some Cowbell clones instead - they will understand you Wink
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Fitz_ wrote:
Kaireth. I have no idea what Sheridan will do. But she did mention splitting the cash between the two councils, in the election topic in the Highlands Halls.

Anyone else smell that awful aroma?... I think it's bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Because dry said it, it must be true.

Jurias. That's what she wrote in the Highlands Halls. Unless you have spoken with Sheridan about it, than you know exactly as much as I do, because I haven't discussed the monarchy with Sheridan at all.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:12 am

Yes, but my point is... You KNOW she is going to be biased somewhere down the road.

She may keep up appearances and give us 1500 pounds to start with. But the bias will begin somewhere, whether it's a little prestige bump, or something more like a political nudge. Granted she'll try to hide it, to mask it, but it will happen.

I'm not saying you know directly, you might not. I don't know and don't particularly care. Your allegiances are your call.

But you can atleast speculate, can't you? Just like everyone else in your county is when they 'expect' the prestige bump.
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:20 am

I hope you realize that you are assuming a lot. I don't know about any bias impending. If you are going off the fact that she is from Galloway than I wonder if you were expecting and wanting to receive a bias in your favour from either of the other two candidates, who are from Glasgow?

I sent her a letter tonight to reiterate politely that I don't want the prestige boost.

We are doing well with our prestige without it though and I am sure that nobody is expecting it. We have had 4.15 prestige since before the election. We had 0 prestige at the start of last term.

ETA: By the way. Clearly the Glasgow vote was split between the two Glasgow-based candidates. If all of the Galloway politicians voted for Sheridan as I think they did, than that is clearly how she won. In the past, Galloway's vote was always split whereas Glasgow voted unified. This time I encouraged everyone to vote together, and Glasgow was split for once. That sums the election up in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:33 am

A bystander sits on the sidelines watching and listening...

Galloway: We don't care about King/Queen.
Glasgow: Good we will run our candidate, we like Kings/Queens from Glasgow.
Galloway: We don't care but we're running our own candidate.
Glasgow: Wait a cotton picking minute. Last time Galloway had a King they got us invaded by Frets and wrecked. Let's agree on a candidate that won't do that!
Galloway: Nah we don't care about the monarchy but we're voting for the Galloway one anyway. Yeah we're doing it out of spite, but so what?
Glasgow: Something smells bad, the Galloway candidate is in Admin jail with one of our locals.
Galloway: We don't care who's on the throne and we're innocent. And we won neener neener!
Glasgow: Bunch of liars and hypocrites in Galloway. We're not risking another betrayal like last time!

I mean really guys.  If Galloway doesn't care about who is monarch, then abstain from the whole thing (remove yourselves from the royal election).  It's that simple.  Don't go stirring pots that were calm.  I know it's Fury's favorite pastime to kill Campbells, but really does the winner deserve a war fought over her?  I think you would be giving her too much attention.  I think completely ignoring her would be better (and far more insulting). Smile
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:51 am

Fitz_ wrote:

ETA: By the way. Clearly the Glasgow vote was split between the two Glasgow-based candidates. If all of the Galloway politicians voted for Sheridan as I think they did, than that is clearly how she won. In the past, Galloway's vote was always split whereas Glasgow voted unified. This time I encouraged everyone to vote together, and Glasgow was split for once. That sums the election up in a nutshell.

Yes it was. Slight edit though - There were quite a few (Especially in political offices) going to Sheridan. Weird right?

Because half of our population IS Sheridan Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:58 am

Face it Jurias, we had the numbers and the unification in our voting. If you guys were at all split, game over, Sheridan wins. It wouldn't matter if 95% of your population was clones, because the average person cannot vote in a "royal election".

The only thing I think needs to be noted there though Springtime, is that there was no collusion by Galloway as an entity as to whom would be "our" candidate. She ran for the election on her own accord. Sure we voted for her, but we didn't pick her or discuss who would be "our" candidate. I hope that makes sense.

And there was no spite in it either. I might be nitpicking at your choice of wording there though and if that is the case I do apologize.

I'm wondering if it might have been better to have just been outright bias all the way, anyway. To have actually chosen a candidate and openly planned on receiving prestige boosts from said person, and all of that sort of thing. I mean, we're being treated as if that's what happened. So I don't know why I didn't just do it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:11 am

I think you've misunderstood what Spring was saying.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't of voted for Sheridan, let alone "Rally support in her name" as you did. You 'cared' more than anyone in Glasgow did for their candidate evidently. Did you see any rousing forum posts to vote for Rhyse or Kat?
So if you didn't discuss such a thing, these such posts magically ended up in Galloway public chambers out of nowhere? In which several council members back her election. THAT is getting involved, THAT is offering support and THAT is influencing the masses and effectively picking 'your' candidate.

It's not out of spite either? "I really don't care about these elections" is your standpoint. Then you change you mind to "I chose her because she's from Galloway. We didn't want a fury monarch or Glaswegian on the throne" <---- Prime example of spite and how to be a hypocrite  Very Happy
Your words are lies.

EDIT: You're right about the population thing also. All she had to do was ensure the 3 votes of the mayors. Which she did remarkably well.
(Obviously she couldn't influence too much of the CC as she'd never get near)
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:34 am

Springtime wrote:
A bystander sits on the sidelines watching and listening...

Galloway: We don't care about King/Queen.
Glasgow: Good we will run our candidate, we like Kings/Queens from Glasgow.
Galloway: We don't care but we're running our own candidate.
Glasgow: Wait a cotton picking minute. Last time Galloway had a King they got us invaded by Frets and wrecked. Let's agree on a candidate that won't do that!
Galloway: Nah we don't care about the monarchy but we're voting for the Galloway one anyway. Yeah we're doing it out of spite, but so what?
Glasgow: Something smells bad, the Galloway candidate is in Admin jail with one of our locals.
Galloway: We don't care who's on the throne and we're innocent. And we won neener neener!
Glasgow: Bunch of liars and hypocrites in Galloway. We're not risking another betrayal like last time!

I mean really guys.  If Galloway doesn't care about who is monarch, then abstain from the whole thing (remove yourselves from the royal election).  It's that simple.  Don't go stirring pots that were calm.  I know it's Fury's favorite pastime to kill Campbells, but really does the winner deserve a war fought over her?  I think you would be giving her too much attention.  I think completely ignoring her would be better (and far more insulting). Smile

That... +1
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:47 am

I have said it many times now. Including publicly. Who I voted for and supported in the election is completely different to what support if any I would give to that person following the election. Just because I don't give a damn about the monarchy for the 6 months of its "reign", it does not mean that I enjoy having a fury "monarch" annoying me with their lording and bias attitude year-round.

Might I add that there is nothing wrong with me encouraging people to vote for the person I wanted them to vote for. You're deluded if you think there is something wrong with that. My method of choice was a single, generic letter to each politician in Galloway, by the way. I didn't start any forum discussions and you can quite plainly see the limited extent of my involvement in the discussion started by someone else. Boo hoo to you if you didn't try to rouse support for whoever you wanted people to vote for, for whatever reasons you wanted them to vote for said person.

So no, you are wrong. I don't care at all for the monarchy and I stand against any national institutions in Scotland. I just don't want yet another fury lording themselves over the rest of us. If you haven't yet noticed, I am quite partial to being annoyed by morons around me, no matter how illogical, irrelevant or ineffectual their words may be.

So we have moved beyond this being a clone-backed Gallowegian plot to attack Glasgow now, have we? I must admit, I am still trying to get the minutes from the Secretary of the Conclave of the Evil Destruction Bringers of Scotland. Don't let me attend those meetings drunk in the future.

At the end of the day it comes down to this. You lost and there is no fury-loving monarch for you to praise. Get over it. We had no plans, we did not put Sheridan on the throne. If you find my reasons for voting for Sheridan to be silly than good for you, but they are my reasons. So we never had any bias agenda against Glasgow or in our favour. And even if we did, which we did not, than there would have been nothing wrong with that. You will find that it happens in the rest of the world. When was the last time that there was a monarch in Ireland who was not from Laighean, do tell me? And I do wonder where the prestige boost from said Laighean monarch goes. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not how I intend to operate, regardless of how much you choose to unjustly label me and mine with false lies. In hindsight I truly wish I had actually been bias and chosen a monarch. I think I could have managed it.

Last edited by Fitz_ on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 am

Springtime wrote:
I know it's Fury's favorite pastime to kill Campbells, but really does the winner deserve a war fought over her?

Doesnt matter who is monarch, what does matter is that Galloway's councilour/HM/Whatever her spare time spends in Glasgow trying to incite unrest.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:53 am

WhiteSnow wrote:
Springtime wrote:
I know it's Fury's favorite pastime to kill Campbells, but really does the winner deserve a war fought over her?

Doesnt matter who is monarch, what does matter is that Galloway's councilour/HM/Whatever her spare time spends in Glasgow trying to incite unrest.

Who?

Sorry but I been too busy to keep up here. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:56 am

Anto. He is referring to Sierra_ who many currently believe to be a clone of Sheridan from Galloway.

I don't know if that is true or not. I do know that Galloway has many clone problems of its own. I have been defending Wigtown daily since we had a clone revolt here three weeks ago. There are clones everywhere in Scotland.

By the way. Sheridan is not Councillor. Only HM of Whithorn.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:59 am

She was councilour last term in Galloway. At same time was here too.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:10 am

Fitz_ wrote:
Anto. He is referring to Sierra_ who many currently believe to be a clone of Sheridan from Galloway.

I don't know if that is true or not. I do know that Galloway has many clone problems of its own. I have been defending Wigtown daily since we had a clone revolt here three weeks ago. There are clones everywhere in Scotland.

By the way. Sheridan is not Councillor. Only HM of Whithorn.

Ah, ok. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:25 am

Oh Fitz, you are ever the politician.  You don't care about the monarch, you just don't want a Fury monarch, so you want one that's in conflict with Fury and that's what you got, so what's the problem?
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:48 am

I don't recall saying that I wanted the "monarch" to be in conflict with fury. The less myself and Galloway have to do with fury, the happier I am, so don't expect any such intentions from me.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:44 am

Again, you are ever the politician!  You had 4 options that would have caused no conflict with Fury.  Vote for Rhyse, who is more neutral than anyone who's ever gone for the throne.  Vote for Kat, who would certainly create an adventure for Scotland.  Prove that you really don't care, by not voting at all.  Bring in a neutral candidate from Galloway as was offered by Sinthas.  But you chose the one and only option that would really be a conflict and then you pretend you're an innocent victim and that you really don't care about the monarch.
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 am

And yet the only thing that is apparently so justifiable to you as to cause conflict. Is her last name and the fact that it sits upon a pointless and powerless throne that poses no actual problem to you whatsoever.

Do what everyone else did when fury controlled the pointless and powerless throne. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 am

I'll also bring up another point here: Davelish.

Slipped into power to vote for Sheridan just before the election.
He was also part of a large plot by Edward Fleming to start rebellion in Glasgow late last year, who also told me that he has Galloway's backing in the form of military action, in particular, the Campbells. (Note, Sierra was also part of this. And yes, we had proof, the mails were sent to various peoples of Glasgow) Another proven spy Smile
Typical.

So again, tell me there was not plot to get her on the throne?

Not to mention the poor state he left Stirling in when he left office.

Galloway's influence seems to be everywhere as you conveniently feign ignorance...
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:26 am

Oh please Fitz, even you know she cheated this election and is a definite cloner. You just won't publicly admit it for fear of your words being used to weaken Galloway.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:33 am

That one was supposed to be "propaganda officer" Smile Another "oppresed Glaswegian" and he carries with that role even now. Wasted two votes (mayor and cc member) and also wasted Stirling's treasury.
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 am

Never spoken to Davelish in my life, nor seen any letters between he and others.

Campbell does not equate to Galloway. Nor does Campbell control Galloway. Unless you want me to start equating fury to Glasgow? And no, I have no idea what Campbell do or discuss. I do respect Evan though and I highly doubt he has anything to do with the things you speak of. I had hoped that your visit to Galloway and Whithorn would have stopped the Campbell=Galloway stupidity but evidently not.

Jurias. You are fury. All of Glasgow is fury. I will now blame Glasgow for every crime that fury has committed. And I declare the word of dry whitesnow to be the word of Glasgow. Your Duke's words are now irrelevant and your council pointless. Makes perfect sense. Right. That is your stupid logic.

Galloway. A series of 16 political votes between 12 Councillors and 4 Mayors. Some of which also had additional token and lord backing such as myself. All individuals and none clones. We had the combined power to elect any of the three candidates that we chose. You people were divided. You lost. We won. We had the power. Face reality for christ sake.
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:44 am

Oh so Galloway wouldn't have cared if Rhyse cloned and placed his clones in seats of power to rig the election and eventually won?

Even if it was a well known fact?

And for the record, I'm not saying Galloway is ALL Campbell. But you certainly showed your support in their agendas. Mainly be opposing the truth about Sheridan's extra-curricular activities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next