Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Interested in Trying a Static Group

Go down 
+6
anto_capone
Aidan
Edrahil
Seldomseen
Zogdor
Beth
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

Interested in Trying a Static Group Empty
PostSubject: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Would anyone be interested in trying a static group?

The idea is to form a balanced group of toons, starting at lvl 1 that meet to only run together.
No twinking with hand-me-down equipment.
Would likely only be doing free to play content (depends if the group has those without adventure packs).
No hirelings used ever.
Probably not on the khyber server so as not to restrict character slots for guildies there, unless those interested do have a free character slot.
Playing outside the group possible if you've missed a few meets and are behind on the levelling.
Plat only to be spent at brokers for equipment, or equipment shared/swapped within the group.
No AH buying but okay to sell at the AH.
Number of times to meet each week dependent on the time available from those interested. Can just be a couple of hours one night a week, or more.

Could be fun in terms of not feeling the need to grind xp or race up the levels. More playing for fun and developing group strategies.

Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Yup, I'd be interested Smile I've been thinking about starting a new character anyway because all mine are melee based and I thought it'd be nice to have some sort of caster to play around with Smile

Would definitely prefer it to be on another server because I already have 4 on Khyber and I'd be hard pushed to choose between my rogue and my barb as to who to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Very Happy

Was thinking about making it pure builds only as well, but again that depends on whether we can gather enough interested to make such a group balanced.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm

I'd be interested, I would suggest once you get enough interested that we decide who will be what, you wouldnt want to end up with 4 casters, they wouldnt survive long.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Well then I'd like to bagsie the Bard role if possible - not a warchanter though, more of a crowd control spellsinger with healing abilities.

I've been looking at this build in particular - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=277748
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 am

Yup, a static group of 4 casters would be ... interesting, but not very practical Laughing If people say what they fancy doing, then that's cool. First come, first served. I'm not too bothered what I do so I can take what's left over.

Zog - Bard
Beth - ?
Seldomseen - ?

Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:04 am

Having done some reading on the DDO forums, I think that I might actually be better off going with a Warchanter (melee DPS bard), or a Virtuoso build.

that leads me to a question... would you mind if we didn't make them pure builds? Surely it would be more fun to experiment in a static group and build an experimental character? The reason I say that is indeed partly due to my choice of bard, because it seems that a lot of builds like to splash a level of fighter/barbarian/rogue here and there.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 am

I think I would like to give the cleric a go, favoring the healing side more than the offensive spell side.
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:16 am

It sounds like an interesting idea. However there's one important detail to be discussed: playing time/time zones. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:04 am

well it seems me zog and zillee are on alot at the same time, boris is on also around that time ( atleast this past week and weekend ) the more the better so that if someone cant make it, there should always be enough to group with. especially if we are not using hirelings.

It would be nice to know that when you logged in at a certain time there would be a group ready to roll.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:21 am

That's mainly because Boris, Zillee and I are all European Smile

I'm GMT+1 and during the week, I normally log on at around 10 PM (GMT), then I'm available for 2/3 hours.

At the moment, I'm free all day Fridays and often camp the game for most of the day on Saturday and Sunday (apart from when it's football o'clock Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 am

works right into my schedule as I usually log in around 16:30-17:00 EST, sometimes i log in from work when it is slow, but prefer to solo then because i sometimes need to go afk for a while, so ill either find a safe place or log out of the quest.

Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 pm

The time of around 17.00 EST is cool. That translates into 23.00 for me and Zog, 22.00 for uk peeps, and doing a couple of hours play twice a week with the static group toons at that time won't detract too much from our main toons. I can do any evening of the week really. If we choose two evenings, and put a limit of two hours on the gameplay then it becomes a fixed meet to try and make each week. Logging where we are at the end of each session in terms of lvl/rank will let those who've missed a meet know how far to catch up before the next session.

Zog, pure builds was just an idea. I'm fine with splashing the toons with a couple of classes if it makes it easier to work with. So we have:

Zogdor - Bard
Seldomseen - Cleric
Beth - fit in with what's needed
Edrahil - ?
Two spots left =)
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm thinking about using a paladin (to tank with) or a mage (wizard or sorcerer) but I dont have any experience with either of those, so I'll pick whatever the party still needs after the last 2 spots are filled.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:44 pm

okay ten doesn't sound that bad. But i can't 100% commit, so feel free to take my space, ill only join if ya'll don't get enough peeps (or just on a time someone doesn't log in)
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:22 am

Any preference on which server?
Any preference which day(s) to meet?
I will also make a guild for us to give access to a guild channel something like Static NNGO
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 am

No preference regarding server whatsoever Smile

As for days, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are best for me Smile

To make a guild won't you have to spend money?
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Suggesting Monday nights to start with and a second night if everyone wants, perhaps Friday?

For server, I'd like any of these three: Thelanis, Argonnessen or Ghallanda as I've no toon started on those and it would be nice to get the server favour there.

Edrahil - actually this would be a perfect time to pick something you haven't tried before so feel free to pick the one that most appeals =) Aidan, ditto for you!

As for making a guild, that's a cool offer ^^ I'd wait to see if we manage to run as a group for a short time before doing so though Smile Guild channel isn't too important if we make sure our toons all meet at the same instance and place to find each other and form a party at the start of each meet.

Zogdor - Bard (dps or allrounder)
Seldomseen - Cleric (bringing the heals)
Edrahil - tank or caster
Aidan - ?
One spot left
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:22 pm

well it doesnt cost me anything (vip status) so making one from the start is probably best for communication. Monday would work for me as well.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:55 pm

i have a lot of level 1-4 toons on all other servers, but i'm kinda interested as well. perhaps can make some experimental builds or something, but i really like the idea of a static group that does it all together.

i just hope i dont feel guilty about guild renown, would feel like im cheating on myself lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Ahh a VIP ^^ well if that's the case, then great! Thanks Seldom =)

Really my main interest in doing this is to run with a regular crew of toons and learn team playing skills. Had originally thought that pure builds would be fun but honestly I don't mind if everyone wants to experiment with builds. This won't be about having an eye on the endgame, but more about the fun of trying out the dungeons as a team. So experiment away, and if we end up with 6 gimped toons, no probs =) Only stipulation I'd ask for is that we have a reasonably balanced party regarding builds to be able to support each other in the areas our builds lack.

I'd still like to have untwinked toons though and no buying at the AH - makes it more of a challenge and also encourages swapping of gear.

Zogdor - Bard (dps or allrounder)
Seldomseen - Cleric (bringing the heals)
Edrahil - tank or caster
Aidan - ?
Anto - ?
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Cool Smile We'll need a rogue in there somewhere, at least one caster and probably a tank or two. Paladins make great tanks, but I'd advise you to choose a human and not an elf Smile

Last edited by Zogdor on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 am

Yes we will need a rogue. Was thinking that last night as I did the depths group of quest.

As for guild reknown , only way to avoid it would be to do it on kyber with everyone staying in the guild, but would really strain those with free accounts, as was pointed out by Beth in her original post.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 am

Yeah, as I said before, I'd be hard pushed to give up one of my slots on Khyber, so I'd quite like to do it on another server.

So, Monday it is Smile I'm quite looking forward to this, I haven't been to Korthos since I was starting out with Gilders (I started all my other toons out as level 4s and they go automatically to Stormreach).

If anyone else is interested, there's nothing stopping us from making a second static group to meet up with for raid purposes Wink
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 pm

is this build possible as a 28 point toon ?

and a more important question, you guys think its suitable ? Very Happy

if not, i dont mind going with whatever anyone suggests Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group Empty

Back to top Go down

Interested in Trying a Static Group
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next