Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Interested in Trying a Static Group

Go down 
+6
anto_capone
Aidan
Edrahil
Seldomseen
Zogdor
Beth
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

I really can't join tonight. I have a paper to write...
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:45 pm

NP well get you caught up when you are ready
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Progress: After tonights run, I think the group is up to rank 12, but we're currently banking the xp so still at lvl 2. Will be starting with MP on normal on Monday.

Going to start listing the spells I have to coordinate with you guys for buffs and CC stuff, so we don't overlap and can get the most out of the SPs.

Thanks for tonights run! Really feel like we're gelling as a group =)
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Keep going guys I am enjoying the story.

Tod
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:16 pm

It's great fun, still no deaths... mainly because Seldom is right on the button with the heals Smile

Already got all the rares in Korthos island and the team seems to be well balanced so we complement each other pretty well... looking forward to getting the 6th person in so that we are complete Wink
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Yes I would love to but its hard to devote time to all my Chars without getting divorced.

Also I am having a great time with my new thief.

shame he is on a different server
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 am

Yea but we were close, especially on the island run when we got split up, Poor aidan keeps getting aggro, He need to learn to be further away before using his bow Smile.

My buffs are weak for now and pretty useless, and I dont want to take offensive spells because I would rather keep the mana for heals, although it hasnt been an issue yet. hard choice is whether to use turns on undead or to keep beth in mana, seems she goes through the stuff like water also.

We do need a rogue, or we will need one. If someone wants to join, I can create another char to help you get up to level, something like a barb who can keep the aggro off you, just let me know when you can do some of the quest, then after I can wipe him or keep him for bank space.

With all our level 1 quest done, I think we can go to level 3, do MP on the normals with no penalties, then do all the quest on hard.

I would also recommend beth get the arch necklace (or a few)which allows 2 times per rest to get some mana ( only about 20-30 each time, but it is a few more spells, and if you get more than 1 it is that much more mana for you.

One more point I would like to make as it was brought up last night, I have to learn to buff everyone before I rest, but that also means everyone needs to learn to come by the shrine to recieve these buffs ( well when i get buffs that are worth something) and also buffs from beth if she has the mana. Also be aware my heal is like 10 give or take, which I believe means if I am close to the shrine when you use it you will get more HP back, so if possible we should group at the shrine whenever possible, taking a few minutes could mean alot when on elite.

With the rogue, worst case we could pug it out when we need one, not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Nah i love just stepping two steps to the left when you's run away to slaughter a few shuagans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:44 pm

I made a halfling rogue called Eldhav, she's at lvl 2. Edrahil helped me do all quests on normal except Misery's Peak Wink
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:09 am

Great news Smile
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:39 am

We ususally gather in the tavern, someone will give you an invite.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 am

Where do I get an arch necklace from?

Your buffs may be weak atm, but so are the mobs. =) I'm tending to spam the spells to get a feel for them and cos I know if a rest shrine is coming up (also you may be used to seeing a mage's SP pool lasting longer as you're used to a sorc?). I'll be more conservative with the sp in the quests as they become more difficult. No probs if you want to reserve your turns for undead. I know you aren't my portable shrine rendeer
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:51 pm

it is part of the set, I think the mayor gives one part or it and either the guy on the dock or the one you speak to after MP gives the other.

On quest with no undead it is an easy job, use them or lose them, even with a sorc the mana goes away quickly, never seem to have enough (why Mihaly always like to bring a pocket cleric with DV, like a walking Nmen/Heal pot)

We will see how effective the turning is in MP on monday, and will make the call there. plus there are alot of shrines and they are spaced out well.
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:36 pm

And our little trapmonkey is done catching up. She got enough experience to level 3 (although she did not level yet, just like the rest of us), and finished all korthos quests on elite (minus MP, of course).

Also, we got the guild to level 4! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 am

Have you done the other island quests on elite? We've just done them on normal so far I think...
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:47 am

yea the island stuff we did on normal, still need the H/E, but not a big deal just after 5 times running a quest you get a xp hit.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 pm

.. what? I thought you did them all on elite Shocked
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Naa just the ones in the village. But great ^^ so we can all lvl up to 3 before starting a MP run on Monday evening =)

*goes to check her characters build notes*
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Yea you can still come with us, just will take a hit for the six and seventh run ( i think -10% and -25 but am not 100% sure on that).

I also found my notes on MP I will post them on Zogs quest thread.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 am

Now that we have a rogue, I guess that I no longer need the detect secret doors spell... So, what spells would you like me to have?

I would like your opinions, after all the whole point of my spells are to benefit the group (buffs and crowd control). Here are my options (and as we'll be levelling up tonight, I can have 3 in total Very Happy):

Quote :
Remove Fear - Instills courage in an ally, granting a +4 morale bonus against fear effects for 10 minutes. The spell counters and dispels Cause Fear.

Cure Light Wounds - Heals an ally for 1d6 + 2 + caster level (max 5) hit points, or deals the same amount of damage to an undead creature. (A will save reduces this damage by half.)

Grease - Covers the ground with a 10-ft square layer of slippery grease, forcing targets to make a reflex save or fall.(Affects party members.) Sometimes it deals 2 to 12 damage per two caster levels fire damage to all enemies of the caster in the grease every few seconds, as well as the caster of the grease spell. A successful reflex save will reduce damage by half.

Summon Monster I - Summons 1 monster from 3 choices: Brown Spider, Celestial Dog, Giant Rat to fight for you for 10 minutes. You can only have one summoned creature serving you at a time. Summoning another creature will return this one to its home plane.

Detect Secret Doors - Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.

Master's Touch - Touch ranged spell grants the caster or allies proficiency with simple or martial weapons, or shields and lasts until rest.

Charm Person - Charms an enemy humanoid, which will fight as a trusted friend and ally. Charmed humanoids get an additional saving throw every 3d6+12 seconds. A successful will save negates this effect. Humanoids include kobolds, goblinoids, player races except for warforged, and more creatures.

Focusing Chant - You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to attack rolls and skill checks.

Hypnotism - Gestures and droning incantation fascinate nearby enemies, causing them to stop and stare blankly until damaged. A successful will save negates this effect.

Otto's Resistible Dance - At your touch, forces one enemy to dance, preventing it from doing anything else. A successful will save negates this effect.

Sleep - Induces a magical slumber to come upon 4 Hit Dice of enemies within a 10-ft radius, rendering them helpless until attacked. Ineffective on undead, constructs or oozes.

Sonic Blast - Blasts an enemy with loud, high-pitched sounds, deals 1d4 sonic damage per two caster levels. (Maximum 5d4.) The target must make a successful will save or be dazed for a short period of time or until they take damage.

Cause Fear - If the target fails a will save it cowers for up to 30 seconds, otherwise it becomes shaken for 5 seconds. Creatures with 6 or more Hit Dice are immune to this effect.

Expeditious Retreat - Increases base run speed by 25% for 1 minute per Caster level.

Feather Fall - Causes an ally to fall slowly, although faster than feathers typically do.

Merfolk's Blessing - Gives an ally a +10 enhancement bonus on Swim checks, plus one for every 2 caster levels.

I currently have Remove Fear and Detect Secret Doors (DSD), and seeing as changing one costs me 40 PP, I think I'll only change one. My initial thought was to keep Remove Fear, change DSD to FF and then add a crowd control option like Otto's RD, Hypno or alternatively, maybe Master's Touch, although I'm not sure whether we need proficiency in martial weapons or shields yet....

Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 am

I think you can only change 1 every three days.

For MP I would think sleep would be useful, remove fear I never liked at low levels because by time you notice someone is feared it is gone.

Later on exp retreat maybe useful, even now it might come in handy, but sleep i think would be better to control the crowds.
Back to top Go down
TheRedChef
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Sleep sucks in DDO because of hit dice and hit point inflation. You are better with hypnosis for a similar and more widespread effect. Hypnosis also is useful through endgame.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the advice chef, I never used sleep, but have used hypno quite abite on mihaly
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Nice run again tonight. We're in the harbour now and have done the gambler's den on n/n/n/h/e. Missed Aidan's silky smooth ranger skills, let us know when you can be online and someone will surely help you catch up Wink

Almost had our first death when Bidbur decided to take on the dogs all by himself on elite, but Caud was quick in there to save the day with his heals Smile

I'm really enjoying the regular group and look forward to our meetings. Next one looks like it'll be on Friday because of Thanksgiving on Thursday, and could possibly be a little earlier depending on everyone's availability (I'm available all day, so any time is fine with me as long as it isn't too late in Europe).
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 pm

btw, i got my rouge skills really high cause i got the full troubleshooters set Smile

im sure when i get to harbour my rougue skills will fade :/ hmm

ill catch up. sorry i couldnt make it.. rl got in my way ! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Trying a Static Group   Interested in Trying a Static Group - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interested in Trying a Static Group
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next