AuthorMessage
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 am

Target practice for our new recruits. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 10:50 am

Muwahahahaaha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Whitesnow wrote:
Jurias wrote:
Federic1 wrote:
Thomas_fraser wrote:
Declare who you're coming with, how long you'll be staying or the likes. Anything less than that, and I imagine there might be problems.

"Okay, I was aware your county didn't want certain people. I didn't have control of you was in the group I was apart of so I had no control of the first thing you like to hear. The nature of my trip was hard to pin point how long I was going to be up north."

Federic, I would perhaps suggest less... Risky company, when travelling next time  Wink

Indeed, as we all saw from the recent events, criminals from Galloway can go to the great lengths in order to sneak in to Glasgow - like pretending to be the law abiding citizens or even the royals.

So, the best way to ensure your safety in Glasgow is to contact the county council before traveling here.

Juliusoctavius wrote:
The fact that you think anyone listens to the BS you spew is hilarious Whitesnow.

You are a lying, manipulating, offensive arse who thinks of nobody but himself.

Law abiding.. Attacks that dont make sense. Please. I guess you can attempt the "Say it enough and some will believe it eventually" tactic, it has worked for you before, but people like you get whats coming to them.

You rob, attack, and bully until people have had enough and move on. You'd be nothing without the watch-dogs in Laighean and the Celtic Alliance, and that's exactly where you should be. Back to the petty thief you were for so many years. Children have more sense. Slap someone a hundred times, and when they finally slap you back they're criminals right? Love the logic.

Oh, but I better be quiet eh? This might become your next excuse on why a county should be invaded. Rolling Eyes Id pay money to not have to see your BS, but that wont happen. People defending themselves, is not a crime, and one day, you'll attack and annoy enough people to where it wont be Campbell, but everywhere you turn there will be enemies.

Yeah, I think Ive had enough of this 'show'. You win. Im done speaking up for your victims, or 'warmongering' as some put it. Just felt like saying something, if no one else will. Maybe I was bored. Razz

Razz
Back to top Go down
Helter Skelter
Commoner
Helter Skelter

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Ha, ha! I posted a meme which reflects this as I don't think folks said BS back in dem days. Seems like an OOC attack to me. That's one of the reasons I hardly post in the forums anymore, so many people can't distinguish IC from OOC, goes for forum and in game mails as well. But I do enjoy hate mail, something about it makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 7:25 pm

you posted a meme because someone RP'd BS?  I know which one of the two is more OOC lol.  If you want that level of IC, we should be writing thusly:

A lovyere and a lusty bacheler; with lokkes crulle, as they were leyd in presse. Of twenty yeer of age he was, I gesse. Of his stature he was of evene lengthe, and wonderly delyvere, and of greet strengthe.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 pm

It's amazing Bekah how much language has changed over the decades. Can't remember the name of the book off hand but had picked it up from a second hand store and the entire thing was written like that. Was great for the first chapter or so but after a while, good gawd lol, I couldn't take it anymore and ended up putting it down.
Back to top Go down
Helter Skelter
Commoner
Helter Skelter

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:53 pm

The meme was posted in that meme thread I started and it was in regards to what seems to be attacks of the player by someone in character, not the particular thread Whitesnow shared here. Which that letter, post, whathaveyou may or may not be IC, not sure, but it also seems to be an attack on the player behind Whitesnow, of course I could be wrong there too and it could just be JO RPing. *shrugs* I don't know, really don't care, I just felt like being a smartass.

But indeed you are right Bekah. If we were to stay true to the 15th century lexicon the words would be much different from what most of us use as well as BS. BS just seemed a bit over the top to me, hence my comment. I guess I like to see real words and I happen to be biased against acronyms and abbreviations when they're used during story time. Also, I tend to take things out of the probable context when such usage of A&As are used. Oh shit, I did it too! Luckily it isn't story time.

But that's just me. Meh, I'm a wing nut anyway, no need to take this poo flinging monkey seriously. I sure don't take myself too seriously. Hi-ho Silver, away!
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:58 am

Well, if people were using the right tongue of the 15th century, then I'd at least expect people to speak the tongue of the country, not some Sassenach drivel. But that's the grumpy Scot in me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:39 am

Applus12 wrote:
[rp]To the citizens of Scotland, Ireland and England,

I have done many things in my life that I have come to regret. Of a few things I am proud, but of many more things I am ashamed.
I've been interested in politics for a few years now and I once woke up with the will to become actively involved in politics. In that time, I may have done arguably more bad then good. The prime example of my wrong doings, was in becoming the Chancellor of Glasgow county roughly more then a year ago.

In that time, I have done things and said things, I should never have done. Through my actions, I hurt many people, I brought them discredit, I dragged their names through the mud and I embarrassed them. Looking back, I realize that at the time, I was unaware of this, which makes this whole business even more sad. I failed in the goals I set when I awoke with the will the join politics.

My own ambitions have led me astray and my inexperience has brought harm on those that did not deserve it. From the deepest of my heart, I apologize for my inexcusable behavior. I hope you can all find it within yourselves to forgive me, but I can understand it if you can never bear to look at me again.

As per this instance, I resign from the position of Chancellor and I will not return to active politics for the time being. I will skulk back to the shadows from where I came to think and reflect on what I have done, until I have learned from my mistakes. Although given the size of them, it may be a while.

This document was written on 19th of September in the year 1463 and signed by,

Applus 'Bartholomew' MacFlintlock-de Brus

Former Chancellor of Glasgow County
Politician in Disgrace.[/rp]
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:50 am

What the hell is Applus on about? A more timid pussy cat I've ever seen when it came to politics, and no more a useless diplomat that could have been found. Laughing

Jasmyne.macallan wrote:
And your reply's to me are never personal attacks are they?, Every time you reply to me its a personal attack, which is why you got it first this time, hope you enjoyed it as much as I have in the past and again now. You little Shiiite

I'z points out that Scotland's deadeded, and I get attacked by the crazy cat lady? God, if I've laughed at a walking corpse...
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 10:16 am

Its all pretty simple, while he was the chancellor of Glasgow, Applus confused his personal thoughts with the official county's stance. In short: managed to tell lots of nonsense while representing Glasgow. We were thinking about trying him, but I'm not sure if its worth the time Smile

You're so bored that you're looking for Jass' company ? Smile

There are other brilliant posts in that thread as well:

Aqueron wrote:
Whitesnow wrote:
I dont think that I ever saw such a thing like "clan war" in Scotland Smile Whats about royal elections, I think that after last Galloway's stunt they will have even less meaning than they had before.

[hrp]This, this right here is why. Constant negativity and little or no role play, no basis in what people's characters might actually know. Just drag in OOC stuff and pretend it's in character. I've done it before, I'm not blameless, but I think that's why people aren't active. I think it's why people are quitting. It's why I'm quitting. Scotland loves to eat its own, like a snake eating its own young. We just constantly bicker and fight, people try to start role plays and they die or are very inactive. The ones that do get active are usually attacked or harassed by people who don't like the ones role playing. It happened to me, it happened to Ninon, it happened to pretty much everyone. And I'm getting sick of it. Over and out![/hrp]
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:50 am

I don't think he could much harm either way. Too much of a pussy cat to open his mouth to do real damage, too much of an Englishman to get anything right.

Gods, if I could avoid the cat lady I would. For clarity, can anyone tell me what a firebug is? Laughing One of the few people in the city that actually makes the place profit... and it's treated like a negative? Crazy lassies, I'z tells ya xD

People don't get it really.

Oooh, we let our OOC get in the way of the roleplay! It's one no one gets along!
Er, no. Ya spend almost ten years fighting, and suddenly shouting about unity ain't going to cut it. People who can't stand the story they've made with their characters will blame others by abiding by what it is that person made story-wise, then blame people for ooc hatred....

Bigger idiots you'll never find.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Talking about him, its even more hilarious than it can look from the first view. Aqueron is spamming Glasgow officials, presenting himself as a king and promising money from the crown, Galloway, whatsoever. That goes alongside the talks about "quitting" which are going on for several months already. He still didnt get that he wont get any friends here, especially with drama and spamming. Such a nice representative Galloway has nowadays Razz

When I do think what kind of royals Galloway managed offer to Scotland through the years, even Barerose is starting to look like sane and reasonable person.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Well, Tam did all he could for them. Pointed out that they needed to Banish Ian, his lassie, sign a treaty to declare and do the same with anyone against Scotland/Glasgow and bing bang bosh, they'd all be fine.

They did all the opposite, and I just saw the thread about the lassie with them trying to weasel her in for longer. I'm Autistic, but those characters they play are fucking stupid Laughing

See, Bare might have been hard to understand, might have been crazy, but at least he wasn't a idiot like what we get these days.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Become the councilour, there is some rather hilarious (yet still classified) material, how *someone* from Galloway tried to defend "poor" Ian Wink

That lassie and her new friends btw, have rather interesting link to our local idiot Davelish.

I never really understood, how those (not all Galloway) people dont get tired/bored even if we left them away in peace (and its been more than a year since we did do anything to them).
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Och your kidding? That bumbling idiot drew them so close to war, and they want to protect him? Then bitch and moan about Fury causing Scotland to die? These idiots, man.

What was ever up with him? People I knew from Galloway were always going on about how he was being persecuted... but seemed all legit from me, the way he was fiddling money.

Like I said somewhere else on the forums, the only reason life is even in that game still, is due to folk like Anto making it interesting. People scream and demand for roleplay, but won't actually make the threads themselves, but complain that no one else will make them..
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Not all of them did defend Ian, just a representative (leader?) of a certain clan and their duke back then. That makes me think that Ian was just a scapegoat in this case.

And in general Galloway's current leadership agreed with some of our points, so I cannot say there wasnt any progress done from their side. But we cant know who will be on their council the next day ? Galloway always was chaotic county.

Quote :
the way he was fiddling money.

Is that the same what I'm thinking about: abusing public office for a personal gain ? I did see some of Ian's suggestions at their cc, that made me think he is on it, but that was quite a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:53 am

It's what I pointed out, if they didn't come down hard on the pair, then that leaves the county in question, more so when they pulled that quick case, protecting him from a harsher punishment. Brus being a Sept of Clan Campbell....

Mhm, with the population in the shitter, I can't imagine many faces will change down at their side.

Aye, when he was calling out Fury for not paying taxes, when there was the proof they were. If he were in with Ian's lot, he could have been planning to slide money to them in Stirling, why else come to Glasgow when you know without a doubt you'll be shanked.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:41 am

I doubt that they came for the money: Davelish not long before that came to Whithorn on his own. I only can guess the reason was a huge wish of Aqueron to make a scandal out of this, which he and Ian tried to do later and failed. Aqueron did know that he will be targeted since he had access to royal palace and prepared with soldiers pack for it. I am not sure about the rest: its quite possible that some didnt know what is awaiting for them in Glasgow.

Now if to talk about Davelish and Whithorn, there is some interesting detail, and I indeed can lump him into a certain group of "individuals":

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=davelish

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Adria_m

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Alistair_crowley

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Adonias

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Narses

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=charontas

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Lempi

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Maelik

All going to retreat at the same day ? Must be a coincidence Razz
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:01 pm

.... The actual fuck?

I still remember seeing that letter from JO regarding clones to get at Glasgow, but Jesus, talk about barefaced idiots. No wonder I'm off the game now.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Thats not all: add like 2-3 on retreat that I did forget and like a dozen who werent that lucky and a month ago were eradicated, including Sierra_ and the_comedian Smile
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Jasmyne.macallan wrote:
Thomas_fraser wrote:

Counts of crimes by Jaz? Who knows.
Counts of crimes by me? None.

If you know so much about me, why do you not answer the question you ask, but with a "who knows"?

You are guilty of a crime Thomas Fraser, it seems to be personal failure, tis a shame everyone knows your crime.

Just because you live in Scotland IRL, does not make you all knowledgeable of Scotland in RK, get a grip.

Grammar lessons might help you too, where do you see a Z in my name?

Thomas_fraser wrote:
Should I hold me breath?

Please do, for the sake of us all!!!

Since you enjoy rhymes so much, here's one for you.

I'm not sure if your mad or sad because you've never been invited to Fury, but it sure makes them glad.

If it's any consolation, nobody wants you, so don't be so blue, because it's so true.

The only place you've been invited, was to clean the Queen's privy.

It's just a hunch but we think you were looking for lunch.

And since you say "me" instead of "my", this may help you in the knowledge department:

priv·y.

[ˈprivē]

ADJECTIVE

1. (privy)

sharing in the knowledge of (something secret or private)

synonyms: in the know about · acquainted with · in on · informed of ·
[more]

NOUN

1. toilet located in a small shed outside a house or other building; outhouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here I thought you were just a twit but now I think you're more of a twat.

Enjoy your day!!!

Did I nuke someone before I left them to their own devices? Kill or rob someone? Because this bitch beh cray cray -----> bounce
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:57 am

Dont reply. Jass is a psychological weapon.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:47 am

Galloway's political circle is actually quite small, mostly made up of people like myself who are just individuals who do not operate within larger groups such as clans, off-site groups etc. Sure there are sometimes a few people from clans etc but it is better to try and cooperate.

COG has been the council name for several councils now. The only reason the Duke has changed about is because people get too worn out. Aroch has been Sheriff the entire time that COG has had council though, and he basically runs the entire Galloway economy on his own.

My point is that the political group down here is relatively small and stable. You don't like that we put our trust in Evan but the fact is that he long had a reputation of being neutral. You cannot say that he was ever anti-Glasgow. I don't know anything about what he may have said to Ian, those months ago, but I do know what the rest of us were up to.

Given that Evan said before he went into retreat, that his clan was quiet. I do get the impression that most of the "bad activities" are rogue even to Campbell rule itself.
Back to top Go down
greycrusher
Serf
greycrusher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Fitz_ wrote:
Given that Evan said before he went into retreat, that his clan was quiet. I do get the impression that most of the "bad activities" are rogue even to Campbell rule itself.

He said the clan was quiet because the clan is deader than dead. Ian was probably Evan's closest confidant within the clan and Dry is probably correct that Ian was just a scapegoat. The France recruitment debacle was their last ditch attempt to go to war with Fury/Glasgow, but their plot failed miserably and they would never admit to scheming. The remaining Campbell's who haven't left or gone in retreat are likely the innocent ones who want nothing to do with attacking Glasgow.

It's over guys.

I can say with confidence there will be no more Campbell uprisings. You are free to live in peace as the population slowly dies off due to boredom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next