AuthorMessage
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

DDO's 5 year anniversary items Empty
PostSubject: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Sneak peek off Lammania (the test server)!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3573913#post3573913

These are all subject to change of course according to the whims of the developers. Some things are coming up different in the upgrade tooltips vs the item descriptions. So nothing here is set in stone, but it can give you an idea of what you'll want to farm for Smile

Looks like the event is going to be a similar format to the Mabar event so these items are going to be limited in the time-span you can get them. (And I hope Mabar comes back someday because I want one of those cloaks for my wizard!)
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 pm

oooh monk gloves!!!

and it looks like a trinket that takes the place of tharnes... that would be sweet
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Not listed in the post but in the screenies earlier in the thread is also a ring, lvl 20 version has +6 Dex, +2 good luck, +15 swim, underwater action, protection +5.

I'm excited about the Sup Potency VII dagger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 pm

That spyglass would be great for Zog. Why do they never make falchions though :-(
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 am

Wow, I've just been reading up on this and the Epic stuff looks.... epic!

I've already got a list of things I want for Zog and Gil as long as my arm :O looks like I'll be doing a lot of grinding this weekend and a few epics just before :s

I have a few questions too, if anyone knows the answers Smile

- Anyone want to run Epic Big Top with me?
- Are there any other really easy epics that give whole tokens?
- Oh and to convert epic raid tokens into epic tokens, do I just put one epic raid token in the stone of change, hit crunch and bingo?
- Do Augment crystals really cost 20/30 tokens?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 am

After the preview tonight, I can say it was quite impressive.

Some awesome loot all the way around.

Looks like they took the Mabar event and improved upon it.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:32 am

I got the free bandana and fell asleep. Will see what else they got tomorrow. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:19 am

Well Jill and I did this today.

Things to note, to get into the cavern you will need a compas you can buy from store for 50 points and some one said you can buy one with coins.

The Instance runs for a while in the cavern as soon as it opens you need to get your group of 6 insidel.

When inside you will find a foreman and a heap of workers. You get and can buy some torches there you light and they form a trail of beams the workers will follow.

It may pay to send some scouts out to clear away the undead and Hobo raiders who are in there.

When killing the creatures in there you get the gems to upgrade the items.

When you have collected 100, we found that some bad guys spawned near the Head Kobold and some were red names.

You willl need to stay tight inside and no zerging.

At the end you get some crystals that you can use to upgrade the hat.

Tod
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 am

When you get a map that leads to a chest in the outside area, read it and then go to it right away is best. If you read another map before getting the chest from the first map, you lose the chest.

Gilders pulled a +2 tome out of one of the chest and we all got some really good loot.

Also, another hint:

Everything is bound to account, unless you upgrade it. Once you upgrade it it becomes bound to character. So you can farm with your highest level and pass stuff to your lowest if you have shared bank.

Vorpal works great on the mobs. If you do the quest higher than level 20, the mobs are epic warded and cant be disrupted or vorpaled.

The +5 scimitar you can make in the event is a very aweseome +5 vorpal with a high damage base. You can only use it tho if you are chaotic (lawful will take a negative level), or if you have a high enough UMD. My +5 vorpal scimitar that I had has a base damage of 9.78 (or close), while the +5 vorpal scimitar in the event is around 13.5 base damage.

The ring you can get ( at least the level 20 version I got) is currently broken. It does not display the +5 protection it is supposed to have. Sad

The dagger you can get from the event is the ONLY superior potency 7 item in the entire game.

When you do the quest, once you get your quota, every crystal you get over the quota becomes yours (turns into green shards which are needed to upgrade the weapons and items in the game). So if you get 101 crystals, you'll only get 1. If you get 201, you get 101.

Buying things in the quest, like more incense torches, will take away from your amount of crystals gathered in the quest. If you spend too much you will lose out in the end because there is a 20 min time limit to get 100+ crystals.

It is best to designate one person to do the torches. So far the best direction seems to be west. A straight line all the way down the west cave, with a teleporter near the end seems to work very well.

The quest is not that hard, but takes some smarts and planning. You should have 1 person to stay toward the main area and make sure they are protected, one person to set the torches and keep track of them, and the rest to patrol the torch line. Needless to say, I explored the whole cave and found lots of mobs of undead and red named bosses to kill. Killing a red name boss gives you a chance of giving you an item that normally would cost you crystals to buy within the quest.

I think thats about it for now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am

Loved this event! Even if I don't get enough shards to upgrade the armour, the loot in the treasure chests in the main area is fabulous just to collect.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 am

It has a really nice feel about it - good fun and loot - higher red name spawns, which makes it feel like less of a grind. I like the fact that the quest gives XP too!

I know what I'll be doing this weekend Smile It's a good job my weekend starts on Thursday evening (GMT +1) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:02 am

my weekend starts on Thursday too, and I need to run with people who can actually kill things, I tend to just stand there swinging for ages before something dies.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 am

*Sigh.*

Out of town again for a couple days, so I'll miss a good bit of this. Hopefully I can catch up with a group on Saturday though.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 pm

a few things I found out while running around...

you can get compasses by running around killing things, so really I'd buy one as a last resort

wail, comet fall, implosion and well pretty much everything but fire wall blade barrier and summon monster work for the mobs

oh ya and the red names are frickin tough
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

what are all of ya talking about?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Zakku wrote:
what are all of ya talking about?

Here's what we're talkin' 'bout:

http://www.ddo.com/news/1341-birthday-celebration

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Treasure_of_the_Crystal_Cove_Guide

Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:24 pm

It appears that Tier 2 items are still BTA.

Here's my dagger after the 1st upgrade to Tier 2:

DDO's 5 year anniversary items Epic_Dagger_Tier_2

Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:59 pm

I have the tier 2 gloves and a tier 1 spyglass, both will soon be tier 3 then I start figuring out what else to do lol
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

dee would that dagger be good for a cleric or just caster?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 am

Well, the Superior Potency VII (Tier 3 upgrade) would be good for all casters/clerics. There is no Sup Pot VII item in the game, so it would come in handy. Potency covers all spells, arcane and divine. The 3-piece Lorriks set gives Superior Devotion VIII, which is one level better than the dagger. Same concept applies to the 3-piece Glaciation set from VOD - Superior Glaciation VIII (you can also make an ice games dagger that gives you this - takes a bunch of materials).

The Arcane Lore would be good for all arcane spells, but not divine. However, most clerics would usually have some major healing lore item to cover for that. There's not many items out there that have major healing lore, but you can put it on greensteel.

Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 am

4-man today (me, Anto, Dee, and Jaayse) we managed to consistently hit around 180 crystals in the event and even maxed it out (200). Still trying to get that scepter upgraded so the more crystals the better Very Happy

Our tactic, for those looking for a way to do this successfully:

Buff quick quick quick at the entrance, then go clear out the south. Send the kobolds to the south while starting to clear west. Pick a good path or two west as you clear and let the kobolds clear it out. Buy extra workers, barrels, and some torches (don't have to max out the torches tho as you'll get some from the rednames and as long as you can coordinate where they go those are good enough). Buy a teleporter too for the far end of the line. Buff the kobolds (haste, blur). When west is mostly cleared out of the good bunches of crystals, pick everything up and head east, same tactics as west (clear it out, pick a good path or two, etc).

Seemed best to keep one person on the torches (Anto did a fantastic job) and one person close to the center to take out the hobgoblins (Dee and his FW/whacking skills kept up very well). Everyone else clears out trash and scouts good paths.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 am

Wow, you kept going for a while then! Shame our timezones clash Sad
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks for the good times in the mine! Very Happy

Looks like the Tier 3 Epic Dagger is BTA.

Not exactly sure what will happen once you augment it as far as it remaining BTA or becoming BTC.

Here's my dagger after the 2nd upgrade to Tier 3:

DDO's 5 year anniversary items Epic_Dagger_Tier_3
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:33 pm

you all may want to check out the east.. we found a huge supply of purples there and managed to max out twice last night.

Ddoors work to get the kobolds back up, you can have a caster haste them and clerics can heal them

and that damn wraith thing is a pain in the ass!

think I need 500 shards and I have my gloves to tier 3

oh and for those not 20 yet but in the teens..

lvl 17 gives just under 6k
lvl 20 6.5k
lvl 25 8k

you wont see the experience till you leave the dungeon
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:18 pm

I can tank the wraith as it seems his dance and fire wall do no damage to me.

I'm not far off getting the ratkiller up to tier 2 - I'll take it all the way to 3 then work on Zog's spyglass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items Empty

Back to top Go down

DDO's 5 year anniversary items
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next