Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

DDO's 5 year anniversary items

Go down 
+7
anto_capone
Tod_Whitesnow
Elois
Dee_Snider
Zogdor
Bellz
ArcaneJill
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

It isn't the tanking so much as the killing of him... lots of wasted mana and time on him versus any other red name in there. Usually we just have someone kite him around since he seems to show up with about 2 min left. While on Cari I usually drag him off, grab agro of as many mobs I can and have a blade party in a section there aren't kobolds... good way to rack up gems and keep the lil guys working
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm

I didn't have much problem with the wraith. Healed him to death and generally had a few hundred SP left over by that point. Seemed like he'd always show up with another red name that would require actual melee skills (which clerics kinda suck at) so I or Jaayse would take the wraith and let Anto or Dee or someone take on the baddies that needed hitting.

Dee, very glad to see that the scepter can be upgrated still BTA. I have one more tier to go Smile I'll send it over to Jillarcane and let her do the augmenting though when she's up to lvl 20 lol.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:52 pm

pretty sure once you augment anything it becomes BTC

good to know about the ddoor Smile

still would be nice to ever run the thing with a full 6 people for once but w/e
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Here is another Wiki link

http://ddowiki.com/page/Smugglers_Rest_Event#Upgrade_of_Items
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 pm

I now have most everything to tier 3...it's still bta, so must bind to char when you augment it. Think I need 1000 more shards to get everything I want upgraded..then the rest is just things I might like and leveling up Faye =)
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

6 more runs for me tonight and I'm done (if I get a total of 1500 shards that is).

I've managed to get the following to tier 3:
Ratkiller (might save it for my Barb)
Spyglass (Zog)
Ring (Zog)
2 X smallblade (Zog)

I have almost everything else up to tier 2 and am now working on:
Tier 3 cutlass
Tier 2 gloves (for Zog, as I've managed to free up his gloves slot with the spyglass and ring)
Hat for Zog (Situational - with superior false life and +15 disable device)

The rest of my doubloons will be transformed into Air Elemental summons Smile

I've made nearly nothing for Gilders at this event as the gear he had before is mostly better for him, as a Paladin, than anything in the event - he's got a tier 2 shield and the heavy armour, but that's about it. Most of it has been for Zog - to make him even less gimped Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I made:

2 Epic Brigand Cutlass tier 3
1 Epic Spyglass tier 3
1 Epic Brawling Gloves tier 3
1 Epic Ornamented Dagger tier 3

I also got 3 greater trinkets (all except stalwart)

The rest of the stuff I got is not upgraded. (full plate, ring, couple more cutlasses, shield)

I got a level 16 dagger for the wizard, it is great for him at level as it has sup potency 6, greater fire lore, and concentration all in 1 slot.

I am pretty sick of farming for shards, but have been running for gems. I figure every 2 gems makes me about 1k platinum. Razz
I can get about 200 gems in 40 mins solo on my wizard, so it's pretty good loots and a nice change of pace.

I know down the line I'll probably wish I had bought and/or upgraded this, or that; but I've already farmed and spent 13,100 green shards this event... Razz

I will say this tho: if you are a low level, or planning to TR, get a few stacks of wind elemental gems. They are friggen awesome, I got about 800+ of them myself.

They can be used at level 4; so I tested it out and went into a level 4 quest with one. Kobold's New Ringleader on Elite in fact. The air elemental killed everything in the quest, the bosses, everything...

It is going to be fun to TR... Razz
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:36 pm

http://ddowiki.com/page/Smugglers_Rest_Event

Also, how to get filthy rich off this event, in case you don't know already:

If you kill skeletons and hobgoblins while in the cove (also red names in the outside but it is not efficient), they can drop gems.
You take these gems and go to the barter box and then trade them for doubloons. You then take your stacks of doubloons and buy dowsing rods with them. Then, you sell the dowsing rods to the vendor.

100 gold doubloons = greater dowsing rod = 950-1300 platinum depending on haggle skill
100 silver doubloons = dowsing rod = around 500 platinum

1 diamond or emerald (level 16 or higher crystal cove instance) will give you 50 gold, 100 silver, and 200 copper doubloons.

So basically every 2 diamonds = 1k.

My level 16 wizard ran into the cove, buffed up, then firewalled skeletons on a nice path i set for him. After killing so many enemies, usually spending about 10 mins, I ddoor back to the entrance and leave the quest. It doesnt even take your compass.
After you leave, go to the tavern and refill on sp/hp; and hop right back in. I was able to do 4 runs in the 40 mins the doors were open and got 200 gems. 100k for 40 mins aint bad.

Easy moneys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Yes I worked out selling the Rods by accident getting some for my monk, then worked out could not use and went to sell.

I then made a Char +6 hat with + 15 Haggle. just for the occassion.

I am about done I should do more but it will return I am sure.

Tod
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 pm

I dont think it will ever return, tbh.

All the items are bound to account so they can be shared amongst your toons, and the economy is hyper-inflating because of all the plat infused.

The fact that the devs know about all the platinum farming going on and it is working as intended leaves only a couple conclusions to be drawn:

1: The devs are doing this as a one time shot deal, and things will go back to normal in a month after its over; or
2: The devs want inflation to rise, so that people begin to spend turbine points rather than platinum to get things because everything will cost more; or
3: Both.

I think Mabar and the ice festival will come back as usual things. This birthday thing, I'm not so sure... Never know tho
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Well best go for the sell off then how long till it goes

Tod
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Made 3 million plat and got all 6 toons outfitted.

Hope you all had as much fun as I did! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Well with this week-long second run of the event, I hope everyone got their items crafted.

Now hopefully things will go back to normal (and I can find more groups). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:50 am

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo not while I am away
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 am

pretty well got everything i wanted done, and it helped me get to almost lvl 11 on Auro. Was a very fun/easy way to get extra xp... I hope theres something like this when she hits the 18 mark... 8k xp a run would be pretty nice right about then
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 am

Rumour has it that the event will be back over Easter weekend... could be a chance to get some of those unfinished items completed!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:02 pm

hmm, would be odd because its usually the ice games at easter. well it was last year Smile
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Zogdor wrote:
Rumour has it that the event will be back over Easter weekend... could be a chance to get some of those unfinished items completed!

Jah forbid... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDO's 5 year anniversary items   DDO's 5 year anniversary items - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DDO's 5 year anniversary items
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2