Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Funny stuff. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:03 am

Daub wrote:
Is it so hard for these people to show us a little respect?

Why would they offer any respect? You're keeping them from playing around in Ireland through puppets that they approve of. In a way, you lot are like weeds that are keeping the roses from blooming in the emerald isle. At least, that's how the English will be viewing things. How they do so like their roses.

Oh sure, they can get high and mighty over the Munster poppycock, but then you can just throw Glasgow/Galloway in their faces. Chris and Roby both helped in the second round of armies that finally brought Glasgow down. If they ever dare complain about tyrants or tyrannical rule in Ireland, not-so-politely remind them of their own history. But then, they'll have their ' But the Fury were there! '. Funny that, I can't remember any attempts to chase them over to Ireland when they vanished. Such a thinly coated lie they tell themselves, it wouldn't even protect them through drizzle, politically.

If you're looking for respect, you need to pummel them so hard, they'll forget there ever was an England. Or at least, they might stop listening to warmongering cuifs who're without a tinkle of common sense that led them to that rather tall and windy cliff of hell.

How many ships and folk have they let get buggered in the vain attempt to fecht with the C.A now? Or more to point, how many more before they learn they've as much hope of beating the Irish, as Moss does at getting taken serious in any tavern in Scotland.
Back to top Go down
philipthegravedigger
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Invade Holywell.

Set up a beach head and pour our troops into England, just for a laugh. Make them surrender, sign a cease fire, or what ever. It would be a hoot.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:47 am

philipthegravedigger wrote:
Invade Holywell.

Set up a beach head and pour our troops into England, just for a laugh. Make them surrender, sign a cease fire, or what ever. It would be a hoot.

Careful now, they'll be writing up a battle plan for dealing with just that.
It'll be the talk of the commons for the next year Laughing
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 am

Funny stuff. - Page 18 Stopthewar

Apparently its very easy Razz
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 am

WhiteSnow wrote:
Funny stuff. - Page 18 Stopthewar

Apparently its very easy Razz

OMG! I am chuckling so much I can hardly type! That is perfect Razz
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 am

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=2074992

Someone still believes that these people ever will learn anything ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Cerzi = English
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Admins forgot one when they were teleporting people around, would be nice if Galloway could pay for the ticket to france, hypno is poor guy and cant afford it himself Smile

hypno wrote:
The ambassador from England ask me to publish this letter so that all Scotland can read it.

Jihb wrote:
To the People of Scotland; On behalf of the Royal Embassy of England and the Office of the English Crown Ambassador to Scotland

I would like to offer congratulations to you on the return of peace within your homeland. It could be said at a time that the prospect of an end to conflict in Scotland was fading as more lives were lost to war; however, with the end of a struggle that has lasted for many seasons within the Kingdom of Scotland, a new beginning - one that shall hopefully be devoid of further conflict - dawns for your country. The time now falls from one of struggle to one of reconstruction, reconciliation, and ultimately, the reunification of Scottish lands. The lasting effects of the seeds of war - a relentless weed - often sprout a lingering malice and hate which many-a-time threatens the very reason why wars are fought: for peace. In time, it is England's and my hope to see the dragon's teeth be planted over with fields of prosperity and amity; to see the people of Scotland return to a life before war; to see the hopes of the citizens within the Scottish realm in regards to a period of sustainable peace be realized. There shall be periods of doubt and worry, but as a resilient and hardy people, England knows that the Kingdom of Scotland shall endeavor its best to carve a path into the future wherever such a path might lead it. To this, we offer the best of luck and sincerest well wishes.

If Scotland should have need it, the Kingdom of England wishes to offer its aid to the people of Scotland in whatever way possible. To the new councils of the Scottish counties, England offers her supplies to help in the reconstruction process. While there still may be animosity between certain groups of individuals, the English people stand ready to commit itself to providing what relevant materials it can to the citizens of Scotland to expedite the normalization of daily affairs within Galloway and Glasgow, should they require it. England simply wishes to see its neighbor to the North well-provided for as it begins the arduous process of rebuilding what it has lost in the previous struggle. We hope that the Kingdom of Scotland takes into consideration the offer extended to them and wish the people of Scotland all the best in paving a way forward from a long-time of war.

England hopes to extend a hand of friendship to the people of Scotland. A new beginning calls for a new view on English-Scottish relations. We believe that while the past should not be forgotten all-together, it should be learned from. Our hope is for better relations between the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland in the future and the establishment of a lasting peace and friendship to come between our two Kingdoms.

The road ahead for Scotland is a difficult one to tread but England has the utmost confidence that its people shall endure and a new, prosperous future shall be realized for your Kingdom. This we hope for; this we know can be achieved through the tenacity of a hard-working people. To the people of Scotland, take care of the future for it shines brightly in your direction.

Signed by my hand this 6th day of December, 1460,

Funny stuff. - Page 18 Sig2

Funny stuff. - Page 18 Seal-engamb-rd

Also this:

Xavierson wrote:
At best, I think Scotland should aim for the following situation.

A part of the Celtic Alliance with the condition that Scotland-England border is not to be used as a tool for invasion against England. Allied with England with several trade agreements etc etc. Conditions to both that Scotland does not have to pick a side should Ireland and England go to war at any point.

It is an awkward situation. I want Scotland to be allied to everybody in the Isles, I do not want Ireland and England fighting because that forces Scotland to choose a side or risk being invaded again. England is only just now starting to show signs of wanting to work with us, Ireland has a reputation for criminals or whatever moniker the English put on them. We should aim to be friendly with both, but both seem to prevent us from allying the other.

Blegh.

Galloway is England. Thats a cold hard fact.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah, the past few months remind me all too well why I'd rather deal with Bethan's wrath than be in Galloway. They poison my spirit maybe worse than the Ayrish.

And there are still other opinions out there that haven't spoken yet. This will be a while.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Its because none ever took the effort (can admit: its a hard work) to change Galloway's ways.

There is only one way to change it. To wash all the county in the blood. But there arent leaders that would be willing and capable to maintain even basic order.

Chaos is chaos.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Xavierson wrote:
I believe that governance, judiciary and military should be handled by the counties themselves. That is without question the only logical way forward. However, with recent -events- that have taken place in Scotland, I thought it might be a good time to discuss the possibility of re-opening the National Embassy and possibly opening up a National Health Service, considering diseases are now a possibility? I think personally it would be good if Scotland could propose treaties instead of Galloway and Glasgow, without taking power away from the counties themselves. Obviously I could see counties having a say on treaties, but treaties themselves be signed under the authority of Scotland and not the authority of Glasgow and Galloway. I think we should give more emphasis to national organisations such as the Lyon's Court, the National Embassy, etc etc.

Xavierson wrote:
NA? I never mentioned an NA? I want a National Embassy and a National Health Service. The authority to pick ambassadors would either be the King or the Dukes? I personally think it would be reasonable to give the King this much responsibility. It is only ambassadors after all?

Dukes would still have the power to deny treaties, but it would allow us to get treaties into a centralised location and also to make them nation-wide.

That all means simple thing: "Galloway should run entire country". Nothing has changed, nor attitude nor behaviour.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:13 am

Nope, it's just El-mania. Cool

But really, I'm getting lots of love from folk in both counties, that want to bring things back to a national level, to get the country more organized.

But Bare's on standby, so waiting for what he has planned.

I know this comment doesn't make you feel any better but... Razz Laughing

I look forward to the RP.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 am

Its impossible to get it organized on country level. Not in Scotland.

Its funny, those people cant get order in their counties, yet they're talking about entire country Smile
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 am

Dry wrote:
There is only one way to change it. To wash all the county in the blood.

You'd just end up driving them further to the English if you tried that. You'd polarize an extreme minority to the forefront. Problem with Galloway, is the fact that they wanted to feck everyone to get ahead. Glasgow, Ayr, Westmoreland: tt doesn't matter. As long as they can play their wee political games to stay above the fishies, that's all that matters.

All ya need to do is provoke the English into an attack, that'd blow the English sympathizers out of the water politically.

Giving the general lot two evils and asking them to choose is like asking which foot would they rather keep. That plan's buggered from the get go.

~~
Lol, don't kid yourself. The talking heads at the moment don't give a damn about building Scotland up. They all have their own wee hand in the pot and want to scoop the biggest load before they get burned. Same shite as usual Laughing
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 am

Its not mine decision to make, nor I would want to enforce it myself. But imo its only way out.

If all those pro-english people and traitors wont face any punishment for their actions against the county they will simply do it again. That such people wont get re-elected, I do really doubt, there were quite a lot of examples of people getting back even after enormous screw ups. Matter of time, when people who supported frets or england will be back in power. The rest either are anti-english or simply fencesitters who will choose winning side no matter which one it will be.

I also wouldnt say that its only few people over there, and with open borders its easy to increase their numbers.

I think it was JO who said about killing Kerrs if they ever will get back. Thats correct thinking. How if it would be executed and if there are capable people for it - thats another question.

And yes, for some people in both counties, its all about the power. Thats why I dont see anything good happening, lots of people too busy for getting more power, so instead of making really needed steps there will be lots of talks about various nonsenses.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 am

Addara wrote:
We can really play tit for tat all day long and it won't get us anywhere. Someone has to make the first move.

We demand apologies for their rogue armies, they demand justice for Carlisle, we demand justice for the Frets, they demand justice for robbers on their roads... 'round and 'round the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel....

Someone has to be the bigger of the two.

A foot forward toward the future. We can't keep doing the same thing over and over and keep expecting different results every time. That is just madness.

Closed borders are completely pointless. We show some good faith, we may gain some good faith. We have to mend fences, or go back to our self made hovels and wait for the next group to take us over.

We don't need an agreement with anyone to have open borders.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 am

Oh aye, but for that to happen, folk need to strike whilst the iron's hot. While the general mass is baying for blood. For example, everyone who decided to make a counter truce with the English and Frets/whatever-the-feck-they-call-themselves, they should be up for exile and execution. Of course it won't happen now. They're all singing happy shiny people and ninety nine red balloons and talking 'bout a bloody national government again. Good gwad.. Laughing

Mhmm, aye folk want power and whatnot. But if they actually had an actual national goal or what to work towards, we'd see less of this money grabbing they're all so braw at. Or at least, if they strayed from that line, another use of the executioner's axe.

As for the Kerrs. Hang them, stab them or burn them. Either way, the politicians in Galloway need to grow a pair and protect their county and its culture.
~~

Och, idiots in Galloway need to learn that the only border policy they should have with Westmoreland is a closed policy. They can regulate the English coming up from the sea, that's the only safe way to keep that joint pro-Scottish only.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I dont get it either, whats all the fuss about national government. Its been discussed so many times over and over again. I see it as pointless thing. Councils already can cooperate on military and trade matters, its enough just to send a mail, if of course anyone is willing to cooperate at all. Embassy ? Better to leave for councils too, on how they want to deal with foreign politics, it will simply make things easier: Glasgow will want to make their own treaties as will Galloway and there definitely will be a point where both wont agree. What will lead to unneccessary drama and conflicts. Monarch ? Galloway selects it anyways, so of course there will be situations, when Glasgow simply wont recognize one, just like it was with Rothar. To have something like NA again - why would anyone need another, private HH ? Smile

If to talk about Westmorland, only in one year: JO and company killed on border, two attacks on ships in the waters of Glasgow and Galloway, two rogue armies attacking Glasgow and Galloway etc. And its all by people who do belong to Westmorlands armed forces or navy, who of course "went rogue". They all got away with what they had done, so why shouldnt they do something like that again ?
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:25 pm

A) Want to join the CA without getting involved in a military conflict that would most likely occur? That is asking to be defended without offering your own troops in a war. Fucking ludicrous reasoning.

B) All this talk reeks of the age old Gallowegian dogma of viewing Glasgow as a simply extension of Galloway. Why do you think the monarchy was rejected by the north and we seperated ourselves from southern fools.

C) If you guys want to build a new future have some actual pragmatists work on it, not naive children with idiotic beliefs and false hopes.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:09 pm

B) I do believe that the national government ended when it had a Campbell Lady Lyon, a Campbell Steward, a Campbell Chief Justice, and a Campbell Chancellor, with me being 2/4 of that. During that time, I made effort to put advisors on the court, from each county. During that time, I also put ambassadors in from each county, according to linguistic skill, and allowed even Tosher in, which likely would have caused a fit if some knew about it.

And when the time came, I helped destroy that national government, because I saw how fucked up Docscout was making it. I was also against the new one that they were planning to draw up, where JO pretty much promised to make me Chancellor for life.

I do think that provides some experience in the matter.

B)I am not sure who you are calling child when just about everyone is older than you, with Bare more than old enough to be your father. So far, what has been put out there are ideas, and only ideas, not blueprints. Those ideas belong to Xav and have no real bearing on what may or may not come.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Skipped some, sorry.

I can honestly say I don't know if anational gov would make things better or worse. I do know that I have people asking if my exile of Roy is enforceable, and others who are willing to help me enforce it. Meanwhile there are very soft hearted Gallowegians who do not like exile. If I remember privy chambers well enough, Aless did put Roy's name forward, earlier this year, and Korna told her that exile would create a precedent, and then they would have to exile Aless for taking her army up to Glasgow without permission. That is how they think.

I would, for example, love to exile Darian. I have a nice log of him vowing to help the Frets in every way (against the CA too), just so they could dismiss his court case. He dragged his heels this entire war, so he could play both sides. Doesn't pay his taxes. And on a personal note, was in FAQ trying to get me exiled or eradicated, like his Fret friends. Also have record that he begged Moss for help. But then I think of the bs I'd have to deal with and cba'd.

List of folk who need to be exiled is long. Though on the brightside, many have exiled themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Maturity and age are two separate entities, the latter occasionally leading to the former.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Aless I believe had permission, when Wallace declared war on frets. She decided to stay there for a while, just took away Galloway's sanction. Glasgow's council didnt had any problems with her being around, so how it makes her actions equal to Roy's ?

Exile is too much trouble imo. Hard to enforce(if possible at all), Roy later can whine to admins, I believe in one of edicts its mentioned that exile is limited only to three months. Besides, you've got a verdict in the court ? Just kill listing and not letting him to dock the ship, would work perfectly and with less messing up around.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Would have to ask Aless what she remembers. I just know that the argument was along those lines, that they'd have to exile her if they exiled Roy. And I recall it was maybe just before Rothgar was named Duke, so he had access but could not remove her from the CC forums yet. But I imagine that's part of why Aless hasn't been all that bothered lately.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Aless perhaps is a single person that did stay true to us, out of Galloway back then. So, if to put it simply: if she had Glasgow sanction and/or acted on behalf of legitimate government of Glasgow, then she didnt go rogue. Roy on other hand did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next