anto_capone
Telcara
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ailig
Commoner

Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:20 pm

whats the size of this game? can i play for Lithuania or any other old faith states?
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:05 pm

It's not a big download, and my installation, with all dlc included is just 1gb. Pretty small for a new gen game.

And yes, you can play as some leaders in and near lithuania and eventually form the Kingdom of Lithuania once you own enough of the fiefs. By default I believe the game only allows you to pick a christian ruler, as that's the whole theme of the game, but there are mods that let you choose anyone, even the muslim rulers.
Back to top Go down
Ailig
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:23 pm

i have to try this game, now i know where i will invest my free time
Back to top Go down
Ailig
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:41 pm

cant be bothered to mess with torrents, so i got CK1 on steam, i like paradox strategies, so i hope this one is good one aswell
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Edrahil wrote:
And the heir to my great spanish empire turns out to be gay. God damn you son.
Btw, other gay characters will love your gay... Fuckin thoughtful game designers Laughing Other things are less funny - my just and great and religious king went to tournament where he screved with some whore and few years later he died of syphilis.
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:11 pm

anto_capone wrote:
i cant seem to figure out this game Sad

its so confusing, maybe because i really want to start with a home made character in napoli Razz
For VERY easy game start with king of Denmark. Then immediately go change crown authority to higher. The only Duke you have, your son, will become mad and rebel. Imprison him and wait till he dies - you are heir to his dutchy. Then you have big demesne (can later get two remaining counties as well) and heir is elected with yourself the only elector...
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I actually started to figure most of it out, the game is a lot of fun.

Instead of starting as county of Napoli, I started as county of chonnacht in Ireland. So this time I didn't get any holy wars trying to wipe me out soon as I started. Matter of fact, there was no war at all until I started them

Now my guy is king of Ireland and Croatia.

The only thing I am having trouble getting the hang of is the titles. I understand I should grant titles out so that they don't inherit outside my realm, but what is the best way? I seem to lose a lot of Count titles, but I'd still be King. I just wouldn't be able to upgrade my County anymore.

Still though, VERY steep learning curve, but wow is this game fun Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:07 pm

dammit I tried installing it on wineskin but wouldn't work. Maybe i'll get bootcamp and try then, if anything I might just have to wait fo the mac version.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:25 pm

What is the succession law you have Anto? There are several, most places start with gaveklind where on your characters death everything is split equally between all the sons. If you click on the law tab it will tell you, and also what you need to change them. Best to keep a kingdom together is the primeg-something where the eldest inherits but not an easy step getting there.

Once you give away land, that person becomes your vassal and can pay you tax, you can raise their troops but you can't build in their towns. But I think its better to focus on upgrading a few counties as its a expensive and somewhat slow progress. They will build things themselves but at a slower rate. It can be good to prioritize to build the higher tax buildings in towns and bishoprics. Speaking of bishops, anyone know how an anti-pope really works... =|

So do you get the vassals or is the land you are losing actually lost as in not under your rule anymore? Glad you gave it a second go. I can see how being too close to Jerusalem and all that is difficult!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:00 am

I am still their liege, but since I lose the 'Count' title I wind up losing the basic controls that let me build stuff in their counties. They are my vassals but they also have their own vassals...

I did look at the laws section, I raised crown authority twice and both times it led to huge rebellions that had to be put down. I have the gavelkind succession, but I'm not sure how or what to change it to.

Sometimes, I simply grant landed titles that wont pass to my heir, and then deal with it when my heir takes over; but it just seems like a lot of extra work. Thanks for explaining to me about the laws and stuff I would need to change, I will look into it more closely.

The anti-pope I have read a bit about, but so far I haven't needed one. All my bishops like me more because I bribe everyone. I get some killer income so can afford it now.

I really need to understand succession laws better. For example, I sent off one my kids long ago to marry someone; and now I am King of Croatia as well because of it. I don't even know how I inherited it and would like to figure it out more. I actually had 3 kingdoms at one point, but I didn't realize it and lost one. Razz
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:57 am

gavelkind sucks - it means that your titles are divided among your kids and your heir often would lose titles you worked so hard to get. and it's not easy to control all that. well, unless you kill your male kids all except one (that if you have agnatic). best is election if you control dukes or duchies, primagenetic is not bad too (oldest child inherits all).
also, with low crown authority vassals can be big problem. i conquered nice kingdom once and gave lands to my sons. and fucking bastards started wars among themselves and oldest defeated and imprisoned youngers.
i am control freak, so i often get someone wanting to rebel when old ruler dies. then i just stop time in game and bribe and give honorary titles to those wannabe rebels. their opinion about my heir improves and they dont want to rebel anymore. it's safe when it's better than -50 i think.

about construction - only build war buildings in your place (which you wouldnt lose coz of inheritance). in future vassal lands build only economic things (also can do schools), but generally try to invest primarily in your demesne. and mercenaries rule so it's often enough to have good money income and then you might never need levies.
and you always would want to keep your demesne as big as possible, coz money and soldiers from demesne are all yours, no need to share. for that is useful to put focus on legalize technology (it allows you to keep larger demesne). also, ifsuddenly your old ruler dies and young heir cannot have as big demesne (it deends on stewardship too), you can just wait - consequences not always are tragic.

i also never did antipope. instead, i use councellor t improve my relations with pope. tho once my king was excommunicated and later offered pardon if he goes on crusade...
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:08 am

I just kill my younger sons Smile
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Lordmatthew wrote:
I just kill my younger sons Smile
Works too.
Just now I got with new char Toscana, Modena and partly Ferrara and was thinking to change inheritance law to elective (just coz I like picking heirs myself). But it said that I need to rule 10 years at last to be able to change. I prepared to wait and then my mother-spymaster tells that some count has a plot to change inheritance laws to elective. Cool, I let him do it and after he succeeds I revoke his title and get his county and again I am the only elector...
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:25 pm

so is there a way we can play this online together sometime? Smile

jill and i played a bit through lan, but not sure how it would work for a bunch of us
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Some plots of others can work in your advantage Razz

But it annoys me when I imprisoned someone for wanting to kill me, and then banished him.. an noticed the -20 for thinking I'm a tyrant is life long. Seems a bit illogical that revoking titles should be that bloody difficult. Seems like that's something to do when the character is near death, dunno if the -20 adds up or not. Yet to see...

I read about anti-pope. It might not be that good thing to have after all, as it can mess up religion in the game as the anti-pope lowers the pope's authority, meaning herectic religions are spread quicker. My game looks fine but Edwin has big problems with heretics rebelling in his kingdom. Very difficult to get rid of the anti pope, the options are to claim the papapcy which will make the anti-pope the pope or make the anti pope hate you more than the pope raising their levies for extended time. Seems like too much fuss.

Anto - if you can make your vassals like you, they will vote for the heir you vote for if you change to elective succession which is fairly easy to implement. Otherwise the other option to keep all your conquered land intact is to assassinate all other sons.
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:12 am

It is also illogical that if you revoke primary title (duke) from a rebel you dont get penalty coz he is a traitor, but if you revoke second (if he is also count) you do.

Btw, was very funny when my Danish king got some "gypsies". They are pagan and they arrived to his court for some reason (maybe lost the war?).
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:27 am

This can be played online between all of us. Paradox doesnt include any sort of DRM in their strategy games at least (this means you can play online with pirated versions, even play with people who own original copies). The only limitation is that everyone needs to have the same version and checksum of the game (you can see it by looking at the bottom left corner of the screen while you're in the main menu). It'll go something like CK v1.05b (QWGY).

The version number is pretty obvious, just download patches until you get the latest (I think it's at 1.05e now? The 4 letter checksum is a bit trickier: it changes if you have any mods running, and may also change depending on what DLC you have (didnt check that). But basically if we all agree on what version to run before playing, and check everyone's digits to make sure they match, it's pretty simple from there on.

Just have somebody host and give their IP to the rest, everyone connects, and there you go. What a Face
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:33 am

CK2 v1.05e (BDNP)

Thats mine
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:50 am

CK2 v1.00 (YRRE)
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:16 pm

they released it on mac, nice.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:22 am

Last time I updated I couldn't play any of the old saves. I'm on v 1.05b.. do I dare to update? I'd want to finish my current gameplay, 200 years left.

... My son won't let me teach the grandson as they're afraid I'd hold him hostage in a foreign power... I have good relations with the family, its annoying. These stupid lil things. I'll probably end up with a bad skilled heir now ><

I discovered that you can usurp and entire Kingdom title. The King had 4 counties and I had +10. Could've usurped it long time ago. It also made me inherit the Kingdom's succession laws and not the ones I had worked for as a Duke. Oh well. I had married my heir to a Norwegian Countess, but somehow she was deranked as a Baroness >< That's why I get the foreign power shit. I didn't give the son any land which in hindsight I should've to keep him on my soil.
Back to top Go down
Recliner
Serf
Recliner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:33 am

Speaking of Paradox games, has anyone ever tried out Mount and Blade: The Napoleonic Wars? I was going to buy it because of a friend of mine on Steam but I'm just not sure. I mean I'd like to stab some people with a bayonet and all but is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 pm

never tried it, only warband, which rocks
Back to top Go down
Recliner
Serf
Recliner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 pm

I'd like to challenge that opinion of yours, my good man.
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 am

OK I got this game and I'm going nuts because no matter what I click I can't get my armies to move and attack. All they do is sit there and wait which is very expensive!

What is my dumb ass doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusader Kings 2
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next