AuthorMessage
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

Funny stuff. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Serendipity wrote:
I have been making very nice arrangements to close this county with dignity . . to pay our people homage. Galloway was going to be getting most of our iron, stone and . . . .

I'm SO stabbed in the back. This is not to mention the food and other items that I had in the County. They were donated from Roy and were to be used for Muirkirk and Ayr's welfare.

I'm SO upset, understandably.

(OOC: I will be leaving the game. There is just NO excuse for this. None!!)

Lance68har wrote:
(OOC: There is no excuse for people taking things OOC personally and leaving the game over it . . . it's a game, you put your best up against our best and we see what happens. I have been on several CCs and I promise, Ayr will not be harmed. The Uni shall remain open, animals will be bred, mines will be maintained and for 80% of the population they won't feel a difference.)

Aldicia wrote:
So typical of what's come to be Scotland. No honor. No dignity. Just bullies. Ayr has repeatedly given the rest of Scotland the opportunity to rise to a higher standard, and the rest of Scotland has always chosen to sink to greater lows.

Wandress wrote:
Funny, and supposedly WE'RE the snakes and backstabbers? Really. Outside of Ayr citizens, I don't think I could point to an honest Scot. There is no respect or honour in these actions.

Wandress wrote:
In my opinion, they used to be, but guess who just took the cake for that one?

(Here's a hint: It's you.)

Metheest wrote:
Wandress wrote:
In my opinion, they used to be, but guess who just took the cake for that one?

(Here's a hint: It's you.)

i am honored

Serendipity wrote:
I had PERSONAL items in the COUNTY so you'll have to excuse me if I do take it personally.

I'm too upset to deal with this. I've told JO what items I had in there and I would love to get them back.

Usually I'd hug my beloved Galloway friends . . . . . . . * sigh *

Bricksand wrote:
What's all this fuzz anyway? Ayr is a floating loss investment already so cheer up people! :wink:

Serendipity wrote:
"If you think all Ayrish moving to England is the best thing for Galloway and Scotland then by all means have faith in the actions we've just seen. I warned JO a few days ago not to even attempt Girvan, as the people don't like being relegated."

"I know I was warned Aldi but I did think I had about a week's time (At least 2 days) to prepare and by then we'd have everything well on its' way. I really never expected this of Lance. I did everything I could to support him . . . . . . "

"I'm just too upset right now."

She walks off mumbling.

Pennsygal wrote:
Remmi wrote:
"I also may have misplaced my trust and now I am too fuming to even go into it ..."

"Still, I am listening JO. Please don't shaft the Sharpes."

Way to look out for your people. Wow. Totally proved Lance and Galloway right with that.

Wandress wrote:
Rylee, you seem to be missing the point.

1. Ayr was in the process of closing three towns and moving them all to Girvan, then switching Girvan into Galloway territory.

End point.

Galloway, until now, had much goodwill and cooperation from Ayr. We WANTED to join Galloway, but as OUR OWN CHOICE. We were MAKING the sacrifice. That choice has been taken from us, we have been raped of our free will. Our complaint is not of the ends, but of the means; this entire farce of yours was entirely unnecessary, and will only lose you active, contributing citizens for Galloway.

Evilsofcampbell wrote:
So Wandress your leaving such a shame really we need more hysterical women that cant accept defeat that will only cry and scream about it, now if the Ayr population was with you and wanted to support you then you would have 198 soldier standing by your side right now, but i haven't heard anybody except you and what is it 2-3 others in here getting mad while some other people are reasonable and everyone is more then welcome in Galloway, except you...

Wandress wrote:
No, there will be no fun from this. This is not an opportunity to have fun, because only the rapists enjoy themselves.

More to come . . . .
Back to top Go down
Edwin
Commoner
Edwin

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Kragomir wrote:
It would seem that a number of people from Galloway have decided the fate of Ayr, in the wake of the "former" Dukes announcement.

I for one will be migrating from Scotland at the first opportunity, Galloway was only the slightly better choice between Galloway and Glasgow.

A number of us in Ayr were warming to the idea of living in Galloway, I myself was planning on Kirkcudbright or Girvan if it was switched to Galloway. But in light of this evenings events, Galloway has forced its hand and taken over the castle of Ayr and removed the Council.

Most of Ayrs population was planning on migrating into Galloway, most of the goods in Ayr were going to be used to expand the port and it would have meant that Galloways town would have been better populated. Shame the actions of a few have to ruin what was being planned.

So I ask a simple question, how many people want to live under that sort of rule?

Thank you Galloway and the Campbell clan, you have just made a tough decision a lot easier for this Ayrian. Smile

Lance68har wrote:
Doubt it . . . 80% of people don't care where they are. Yes, you and your clique of 10-12 people might go to Ireland, but I honestly expected that anyway. We just expedited a process that should have been over months ago.

Kragomir wrote:
Lance you say 80% of the population, dont under estimate us. This clique you talk off has access to all four mayors offices, therefore they can contact everyone in Ayr with a single notice.

Time will tell, but these actions will only have one effect, it certainly wont be increasing the migration of people from Ayr to Galloway, and it certainly wont be keeping Ayrs borders open.

Good luck in your venture, and I hope you are proud.

Lance68har wrote:
Aye Krag and we know how many people read the mass Mayor messages Rolling Eyes

I'm not going to argue with you. You're naturally mad, but you don't speak for all of Ayr and you know as well as I do that 80% of your citizens couldn't care less who's on CC. Hell, they might prefer better management. You had plenty of opportunity to stop this and it's rather easy . . . but you didn't. Don't blame me, blame yourself.

Aldicia wrote:
Oi, Krag. If our time here has taught us nothing else, it should have taught us by now to expect our neighbors to do sleazy stuff.

Physax wrote:
Sleazy is under-the-table, back-door dealing... sleazy is saying one thing and doing another, sleazy is misrepresentation and dishonesty.... there is nothing sleazy about a revolt on a castle. That takes numbers and straightforward commitment. Call us what you like, but don't use a cop out insult just because you're frustrated.

Alessandra_oct wrote:
I don't see this so much as a "betrayal" as it is a "misery-kill", if you see it otherwise, you're welcome to try and strike me back Krag, i'm at Girvan, bring it.

We're offering a way out for Girvan, you should accept it, and be grateful.

Lance68har wrote:
[rp]To the General Populace of Ayr County on this day of January 31, 1459:

On behalf of his Grace, Kyrian Dunbar Duke of Ayr, I deliver the following message. Undoubtedly you were aware for the past five months that the closing of Ayr was inevitable and a forgone conclusion. While we commend your valiant effort to keep your County afloat, the facts do not lie. Ayr was receiving no new citizens, the debt was growing (is at -309,000.00), port production has stalled, and it was a constant struggle for you to field a Council list each term.

You might view our actions as those of criminals, they are not though. We care about Scotland as much as anyone else and we have seen that public polls, mass messages, and useless debate have yielded nothing in the past months. It is time for action, action that was not taken by your previous representatives. They would have you slave away as more and more of your population leaves for no point, other then to take their cut and bail on all of you after their term was up. I’m sure this point will be denied, but it is fact from personal conversations. That is what you have been working for the past five months . . .

We offer you an alternative, we are not here to destroy Ayr. Among those on the new Council we have a combined 20 terms experience on Council, we know how to run a county. You will have animals available, a university to study at, and mines to work in as we go through this transition.

We ask that you lay down your arms and prepare for what we all knew was coming. We want to move forward in peace, but action was required, not more discussion. All Mayors have been contacted regarding closures and relocation. Join with us and we can prosper together. Do not let the feelings of the ruling elite in Ayr cloud your judgment to what needed to be done. Your County was closing, at least now we can expedite the process and get back to working towards progress. Further attempts to resist these changes will just lead to a slow death as you have witnessed for yourself recently.

We know the citizens of Ayr are good, hard working people and we want their labors to be fruitful once more. Let this be the force of change in Ayr, let us get back to work making positive changes in Scotland. Join with us and let us consolidate our towns and make a new County that is active, economically stable, and has a bright future. Do not cling to the past, let us look towards the future.

Lance Dunbar
Lord Protector of Ayr

Funny stuff. - Page 7 Ayrshire_y[/rp]

Mrkilur wrote:
Ypu're right, the facts don't lie, but what is it that you can do that the last council has not?

Quote :
Ayr was receiving no new citizens, the debt was growing (is at -309,000.00), port production has stalled, and it was a constant struggle for you to field a Council list each term.

So i see you have enough for a list, but the rest i don't see as being possible. If you can prove me wrong, then power to you, but until that is the case...

Quote :
We offer you an alternative, we are not here to destroy Ayr. Among those on the new Council we have a combined 20 terms experience on Council, we know how to run a county. You will have animals available, a university to study at, and mines to work in as we go through this transition.

Much of this was already provided by the former county council, who had a far greater understanding of the position it's county was in. After all, they were citizens who all loved their home.

Quote :
Do not let the feelings of the ruling elite in Ayr cloud your judgment to what needed to be done. Your County was closing, at least now we can expedite the process and get back to working towards progress. Further attempts to resist these changes will just lead to a slow death as you have witnessed for yourself recently.

There was no 'ruling elite' in Ayr, everyone was an equal, regardsless of where you came from, your position in life or what you did, you could look at the person next to you and find an equal, if not greater amount of respect. Everyone on the council was an ordinary citizen of Ayr, the only differance is that they made themselves herd.

Quote :
We know the citizens of Ayr are good, hard working people and we want their labors to be fruitful once more. Let this be the force of change in Ayr, let us get back to work making positive changes in Scotland. Join with us and let us consolidate our towns and make a new County that is active, economically stable, and has a bright future. Do not cling to the past, let us look towards the future.

The citizens of Ayr are good people, and those that choose to stay, good luck to you. But there has already been much effort put into attempting to do the same thing, the only differance is that these are not people of your county. Yet if they do succeed, then congratulations. Ayr will be a greater place for it.

Lance Dunbar, i personally hope to see you fail, purely for the fashion that you have taken power. That said, my greater want is to see Ayr prosper, and if you are able to do that, i will know my home, and many others will be in good hands, the only question is, will i still have a home to live in.

Serendipity wrote:
Do you see why I love Kilur? He is just awesome. Right on point Dear. Perfectly stated. Everyone in Ayr is equal and it's always been that way since I've been here. Everyone has a say and anyone could make a good effort for their town and county. The very best people I've ever known are here.

Now we have to figure out where to go with all our optimism and energy. I'm thinking deeply about that.

Kragomir wrote:
I want to hear from the Duchess herself, im sure Mrs Cary has some inciteful input into this issue.

And the one question I want answered directly from the Duchess herself, is what did Galloway hope to achieve by doing this, Ayr was pretty much on its way to closing its borders and the majority of its people preparing to move throughout Galloway and help bolster its towns. Surely this aggressive action can only be detremental to what is already a critical point in Scotland.

Lance68har wrote:
There seems to be a multitude of people appearing before him as he gives his declaration. Well, not a multitude, more like four people. Listening to each of them he repeated their questions in his head before he spoke . . .

Pennsygal wrote:
I happen to be away from my home right now. I know that the mayors have been informed about the closures and such and will have talks I'm sure; but will you make a general announcement about those terms?

Those that will be organizing the changes, mainly the Mayors and Council members, have all been notified.

He takes a moment to check his list of those involved with the closings.

Alas you're name is not on the list, so no you will not be informed about the procedure for the closure. Nor will an announcement be made, it really is up to the Mayors to handle, overseen by Council.

Mrkilur wrote:
Ypu're right, the facts don't lie, but what is it that you can do that the last council has not?

I guarantee to you that Ayr will be closed within a week, no more drawn out processes. You knew you were closing, you were just wasting time in accomplishing that goal. We will be more decisive in our actions.

As for us not living up to promises, Dusk is a four term council member and has served as Sheriff at least twice. He knows how to breed animals and you can breed animals with cash, so yes animals will be available. As you can already see today, the Rector has posted university classes, so that's not changing. Lastly, I don't believe any of the mines are closed at the moment . . . so how are we not accomplishing what we promised?

As for everyone being equal, let me share some quotes with the general populace from Ayr Council Chambers. You can see just how sly your own beloved Council members can be.

Serendipity wrote:
Personally, I think we should give our main supports some iron or something. I mean the people who are on council and/or have been on council. Perhaps we could have all citizens apply?

Kragomir wrote:
I agree with divvying up the goods between the most "worthy" Ayrians

So I don't believe your Council was so innocent either. Despite everyone being "equal" I guess only the most "worthy" citizens of your County would get cash bail outs from the coffers. I imagine that's why they're complaining now, they no longer get their retirement fund, wrought from the hands of hard working Ayr citizens. Instead all the goods and money will go to Galloway, which by extension includes Girvan now. These goods will be used for the economic prosperity of all those Ayr citizens that choose to make Girvan their new home. I think that's much preferable then having some ex-Council members running to England with it.

The manner of my taking Council was the only option open to me. I can promise swift relocation and closing of Ayr and those that choose to continue on in Girvan and Galloway a better future in terms of activity and economy. We are not here to rob you and destroy your county. We are here to make the process go faster so we can move beyond this.

Then turning to Kragomir . . .

I can pretty much promise you that my Uncle will not speak to someone that acts as condescending as you do. Knock up job you did as Captain, by the way. You'll have to take my answers or go without answers. Simply put Galloway wanted Girvan, and admins are taking swift action to close towns/counties. We weren't going to wait around for you all to take your time in closing. We needed progress now, so that we can submit our plan for a future Galloway to the admins.

We also didn't want you lot throwing our revolters in Girvan in jail. As well, we know how you like to do foolish things with armies, so we wanted to remove your prestige, before you got any funny ideas. It was securing Council so that retaliation against our actions in Girvan was minimal. if you had your way, you would have dragged this out as long as possible out of spite. No, that's not what was going to happen. Ayr will be closed, Girvan will become part of Galloway, Dumfries and Drummore will be closed, and we can all move forward with our lives.

Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 pm

I love how even now, there are idiots who think there's no ruling elite in Ayr. Laughing That is the problem with people there. I knew too many who never went beyond town forums, and accepted whatever their mayors spoonfed them from Aldi, Krag and the Monty crew. So yeah, when they threatened Ed and added each Ayrish mayor to their party, I had enough. lol.

And I have no sympathy for Serendipity. She's a nice girl but again, she chose to leave Galloway to try and fix Ayr up. Therefore, she dragged this out.

Besides, she planned on quitting months ago.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm

And uh, when the timing is right, send them a "LOL" from me. Thanks. Razz
Back to top Go down
Edwin
Commoner
Edwin

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

That's funny. I never gave them any reasons to threaten me. I sat nicely quietly on my forum ban not saying a word against them ig or in CC chambers, offering 18 pounds for unskilled port workers, 20 for specialist that would get their citizens back on tracks. I even offered peace treaty, but Eleanor who was meant to write one all of the sudden went mute so it was stupid to go back with nothing. They decided to sit down and do nothing about it - their choice really, but I extended my hand to them. The offer stands still and also addresses Galloway, but so far everyone decided to mind their own business. So if we can't count on the authorities, we mailed the specialists directly and got nice results.

I feel stupid however. It's like me chasing people with free gold really...
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:21 pm

shit i thought this was in the embassy lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Laughing *gives Anto a cookie*
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Elois wrote:
WhiteSnow wrote:
Wandress wrote:
They're more Scottish than you'll ever be, cat.

And ditto to Aember. Ireland, maybe?

Exporting morons to Eire ! Razz

There goes the neighborhood.

Wandress, you're English. England is south. Shoo.

Sorry if I dont recall exacty when you were born, thats why I dont know if you do remember, but pebm (padraigwhatsoever) was Ayrish and cult object of Monties. After several days spent as the steward he jumped to Eire, and now is somewhere in Mumhain. Thats where most likely they will come, if they wont go to England Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Yeah, I wasn't alive then but I've been filled in. Laughing I called him Ayrish the other week.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah, it looks like they're coming, so I may be about done with RK. I'd rather go to the dentist than deal with Aldicia and co. any more, may she die in a fire.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

No Kair no. Just relocate and bring all the fun people!
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Come sailing . . . a boat is the only safe place from crazies in RK anymore Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Kaireth wrote:
Yeah, it looks like they're coming, so I may be about done with RK. I'd rather go to the dentist than deal with Aldicia and co. any more, may she die in a fire.

Could come to Gort. They mess with you, I stab them in the bajinas.
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:10 am

Notices Edwin eating popcorn and decides that's perfect for the occasion.

Funny stuff. - Page 7 420337

Back to top Go down
Marshmellow
Serf
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

so I take it I'm the only one outside of Ayr who saw this as kind-of-a-really dick-faced move Razz ahh well!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 am

And why you do think so ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 am

So I mass mailed all of Ayr last night to pick a town they want moved to . . . surprisingly no one in Ayr had mailed them before this, lol.

They weren't giving their citizens a choice, they were just going to pick a town for them to move to and teleport everyone.
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow
Serf
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

WhiteSnow wrote:
And why you do think so ? Smile

Well, while I'm all for revolting for power/money/shits'n'giggles (though tbh I never really got the ayr-hate, it was really quite a lovely county when I was there Razz), taking over to force the county to close, when closing is supposed to be a player thing to make the game work better, just seems totes dick-faced (and it's 4am so thats as in-depth as I shall get for nows)
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Aldicia wrote:
Of course I remember, and I've addressed that repeatedly too. This time pay attention? Kelley, by choice, remained a lvl 1 to avoid the full weight of the law. She is a career criminal and was probably Ayr County's worst instance of recidivism in its history once we got rid of you. She showed up in Ayr's court time and time again without remorse or a hint of desire for reform. So, the last time I saw her in my courtroom I sentenced her to 10 days jail not thinking at the time of her special lvl 1 status. When I realized that she was indeed still covered by the King's edict, I wrote 1st to LJS then to Isabela asking they correct her jail time. I got no response from either.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Lance68har wrote:
So I mass mailed all of Ayr last night to pick a town they want moved to . . . surprisingly no one in Ayr had mailed them before this, lol.

They weren't giving their citizens a choice, they were just going to pick a town for them to move to and teleport everyone.

Remember, all Aldi did was send out mass mails saying Pennsy and Galloway were evil people trying to take Ayr away.
http://planning.forumcanadien.org/
They never tried anything but counter-productivity.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Feel free to split this to flames, mods, but I have to get it out somewhere before I asplode from trying to be reasonable.

Aldicia is an evil fucking bitch. The fact that she's apparently coming to An Mumhain... gah.... I've waded through months of OOC crap from other people and tried to focus on the stuff that's still fun. Adding Aldicia and her typical self involved holier than thou venom on top just makes me feel like what's the point?

And Zan thinks I need to be giving her another chance. Hello??!!! I gave her months of time while I was playing Ama to improve her behavior and she never once took the opportunity. I was calm. I responded reasonably to anything she had to say on point-- which was usually almost nothing since in general everything she had to say to me was to call me Leah. Razz Why in the hell is it supposed to be up to me to give her any more chances?
Back to top Go down
JuliusOctavius
Serf
JuliusOctavius

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Ayr continues to bring words to a swordfight.. idiots.

If anyone is in Ayr right now, leave now or join the marauders.. This place is about to burn brighter than the sun. No road, node, or town will be safe.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Please, just come to Gort. At least then you wont be in tavern with her. Zand is delusional.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:42 pm

I am hearing confirmation that Krag, Wandress, Docscout and others are moving to Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next