AuthorMessage
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Funny stuff. - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:56 am

*Moet nie jou taal, is dit baie verwarrend.

bounce

Ya, eleven official languages sucks blou balle.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 am

Haha!  On a hot day (rare in the UK, but they happen) I still stay it's amashosho Razz
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 am

Eish. My zulu is rusty dear. Haven't studied it since primary school. Don't make me get the dictionary out! ;(
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 am

Xhosa not Zulu Razz And it means hot lmao! I thought the meaning was implicit with the statement Wink
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 am

I did mention 11 official languages right? lol....sheesh. *sniffs and cries*
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

ag, tula baba, tula.  Wink

(yups, Tswana too there Razz)
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:41 pm

I love it when people mix up their languages. Especially when they're speaking. It's fun. My latino friends here do it all the time they'll be rolling around in one language and then they come to a thought that is easier to express in the other so they switch.

Like you can be rattling on in English about some spoiled girl and stuff she is complaining about and then roll your eyes and say "pobre cita". Love it when they do that Smile
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:26 pm

I must be a special kind of silly because I mess up English in an entirely weird way. I might say it's been a 'tong lime' when I mean to say 'long time' and several other examples I can't think of right now.
[In case anyone missed it, the first letters of both words are switched]
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:58 pm

ahh, so you are a student of the Reverend Spooner?

I laughed until my sides hurt when my mum's ex hubby got her calling her kitten the "cooking fat" and she never realised what she was saying until much later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 am

I don't want to start saying those examples Laughing that guy was a coo-coo
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Galloway's Public Prosecutor in action

Lorelei wrote:
Cazarue, you are hereby charged with violation of Galloway Legal Corpus.
I.I. Robbery - A robbery is defined as acting with the intent to steal goods from another person, group, organisation or the government. Both attempted and successful cases of robbery are counted as with intent to harm the target automatically.
That on the night of the fifthteenth of September, 1461 you Cazarue, did accost and rob a group consisting of Andimsum and Darkodin1 on the node north of Girvan.

I will therefore persue the case based on this evidence ...

https://s10.photobucket.com/user/Andimsum2/media/1591461robbery_zpse8622e68.jpg.html

in addition to Andimsums testimony I will present the events of Darkodin1 to the court.
Darkodin1 wrote:
Why am I being charged with public disorder?
Matori wrote:
Dark, i think it was a mistake - if you read the pending lawsuit you can see it
Fretmiss wrote:
Darkodin1, as a bystander, I am thinking from what I can understand of the postings and this charge against you, you and Andisum were robbed by a group of 4 people and thus, the victims, not the perpetrators??

If so, I think the posting a case against you, would of been an error. I am understanding it to mean Lorelei was really wanting your events from this robbery, as further evidence, not meaning to charge you.

I would write to Lorelei and kindly ask what is up. It all makes no sense to me either with this being a charge against you, as opposed to wanting your side of the robbery events. Patience is a virtue...mistakes are made sometimes and not intended as they appear. We all have been there.

If this is the case in this instance, the charges can be dropped quite easily and one can move forward to forgive and forget. I wish you speedy resolution, in your quest to rectify this issue.
Ninon_de_lenclos wrote:
I believe he is being called as a witniss.

Ninon_de_lenclos wrote:
Actually, just checked. He's definitely being charged. Ugh.... Galloway judicial system at its finest once again. It even refers to him a caszure in the charges...

Sometimes it embarrassing to be gallowegians.
Mudak wrote:
Bahahaha - losers.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm

What a brilliant idea!  Charge the victims of a crime for being stupid enough to have been robbed in the first place!  Maybe Galloway isn't so bad after all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adik
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:32 pm

On a sidenote, none of them seems to be abled to spell C-a-z-a-u-r-e, even though they have a screenshot presented there where they could copy it from...
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:14 pm

lmao! Saying it in my head, the way they have spelled it comes out sounding Australian: Caz a roo
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Bekah wrote:
What a brilliant idea!  Charge the victims of a crime for being stupid enough to have been robbed in the first place!  Maybe Galloway isn't so bad after all Very Happy
+1
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Matori wrote:
Isn't very pleasant to look at but we all make mistakes, so withold any unnecesary comments.
Kat. wrote:
Yet again we have corrupt officials maybe it's time to revolt and set things straight ourselves Wink pm or mail me if interested.
Glenn_butteral wrote:
Darkodin1 wrote:
Ya I either figured it was a mistake or the group that robbed me took over the government and was trying to prosecute me. I haven't been paying attention to politics for the last two years... Laughing 
Smart fellow Wink
David.c wrote:
I've been charged for the same crime as Darkodin Rolling Eyes 
Ninon_de_lenclos wrote:
*face palms*

David robbed Calum, not andimsum and darkodin.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Payne
Commoner
Mr.Payne

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:49 am

Misby_haven wrote:
You know what Tod, it's assholes like you that keep me, and probably many others, from visiting and participating in this forum. You can go "Bleep" yourself. Evil or Very Mad
You arrogant bastard.
AAARRRG GGRRR RAAWR!!! lol!

"No, honey, why don't you tell us how you really feel?"
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Not all that interesting yet, but funny all the same, waiting to see who/what else starts posting lol.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=2141608
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Andi did up one of his cartoonies for Terra LOL!! Great stuff:

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?p=85881972#85881972
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:14 am

Calum wrote:
[rp]Dear people of Galloway

As of the 31th of October 1461 the county of Galloway will be imposing border restrictions.  Any person who is not a resident of the County of Galloway must request permission to enter the county and remain.  Any applications should be sent to the Duke of Galloway, Calum.

This action is in response to rouge elements from foreign lands attempting to subvert the rightful government of Galloway.  Any of those who fail to comply and enter our lands illegally may be subject to trial in the Galloway courts or in extreme cases summary excecution by the Galloway Armed Forces.

Any person foreign to the county of Galloway who currently is visiting the county must request a visa to stay by the 5th of November or vacate the county.  After the deadline the county will begin to take action against those who have not requsted Visas and remained.

A template of this letter is being sent to our neighbours to prevent any misunderstanding from arrising.

Signed
Calum MacNeil
Duke of Galloway
Funny stuff. - Page 28 Galloway_g[/rp]
Calum wrote:
There are some men in Whithorn who have already shown intent, namely Launcelot and the Lost Boys led by Gambit.  Their failed plot to turn the revolt in kirk into a much wider civil unrest being evidence.  That as well as certain members of WoS being invited to the county by Julius Octavius could pose a definate threat to the security of the county when others in JO's new land have attacked the county.  Therefor the county views it as a preventative measure to control the movements of those we see as a threat to our security.  I hope that answered your question citizen.
David.c wrote:
"This is some bull crap, instead of assuming every foreign visitor is an enemy, perhaps you should just increase security? I've seen how abysmal this counties forces are, me and just three others took Kirkcudbright. That's a bit sad, honestly."
Gambit wrote:
Gambit chuckles while flipping his gold coin up in the air and catch it...

Do you have any proof? What evidence do you have that we cause some civil unrest?

We took the Town Hall back for Kirkcudbright. We patrol and defended it for 4 straight days to prevent any more threats. Until Launcelot believed it was time to return home knowingly there are enough defenders arrived in town. We let you have your town back, Duke.

I suggest you to get your story straight, but who am I kidding? You wouldn't because you simply don't like the help we have provided for Galloway... with style.

The more you pushing it, the more the help we willing to give stays in the Isle of Whithorn.

... Gambit slightly shrugged before he is leaning his back against the wall, and resuming his flipping the gold coin once more.
Calum wrote:
David security is a matter also that is being addressed.  But rather than spend money on having 4-5 people daily defending the power against a possible threat we can simply remove the threat entirely by having then leave the county.  Why waste our money and time on people who have no desire to see this county flourish.

Gambit had I definative proof you would be in the stocks already.  If you are trying to say Launce gave the town back out of the goodness of you heart i have his letters that would prove otherwise.  The grander rebellion had failed so there was no point in holding onto the town.  But no Gambit i know of you and yours simply through common knowledge, tavern admissions and foreign letters, unfortunately i have nothing to pin you on in our court on.
Calum wrote:
Adik we have laws in place to make it rather painful for those to remain illegally to remain.  By common sense anyone subject to such measures would leave.  Or at the least be in prison and not be causing us trouble.

Gavin only Launcelot is a resident of Galloway, Gambit and crew are in fact residents of counties in England.  We are initially keeping people out by the threat of the courts, however if they continue to refuse our laws the use of force can be authorised.  

There has been no report due to a deal being struck with certain of the revolters as part of the greater operation against the rebellion.  We took out key players in their rebellion offering them amnesty to help us stop the full blown war.  The initial revolters were merely frontmen and under normal circumstances they should have been persecuted their help in preventing the war in my eyes allowed them to pass this issue.  Lest we strengthen the ranks of our enemies.

WoS stands for Wolves of Sherwood.  A criminal organisation by all accounts.  As for why he invited them to Galloway he refused to give me a straight answer in my mails in regards to them and his other friends, in fact by all accounts of his mails he had no control over his supposed friends in what they were doing in Kirkcudbright.  My worry is less Julius's intentions but his lack of ability to control a group of career criminals.
Gambit wrote:
Calum wrote:
Gambit had I definative proof you would be in the stocks already.  If you are trying to say Launce gave the town back out of the goodness of you heart i have his letters that would prove otherwise.  The grander rebellion had failed so there was no point in holding onto the town.  But no Gambit i know of you and yours simply through common knowledge, tavern admissions and foreign letters, unfortunately i have nothing to pin you on in our court on.
You have letters? Are you hiding behind a letter that could be full of white lies? Ever heard of that? ... Plenty of them coming out of your mouth right now, Duke.

My question to you, did Launcelot loot anything when he have the power in Kirkcudbright?

I would think not and yet we are the "bad guys" now.  In the meanwhile, do your worse. After all, you have common knowledge, and don't let that go to waste.  
David.c wrote:
"Stop spewing silliness, my friend Calum. I provided evidence that nobody that revolted in Kirkcudbright outside my company, the RMM, and the Lost Crew, and you seemed very trusting. Not to mention the Girvan Fingauls could easily have attacked the RMM whilst their army was in recruitment mode. Your way of ending the fight was irrational.

And there is a bit of a problem I see. You chose to implement this new piece of bull crap because having an army is expensive... And the purpose of this law is to keep criminals out. By definition, criminals break laws. Do you think people that want to do the county harm will follow this law? Correct me if I am wrong, but I would assume the answer is no. They will still enter the county and commit their evil acts, and you do not have the security to repel any attackers. They will still come to the county, and they will still hurt the county.

And then there are the honest that will follow this law? They are no longer going to enter the county. Some might, if they get a visa, but the numbers will doubtlessly decrease.

And what of the honest that will not follow this law? Now you are needlessly persecuting people who would be innocent.

I've thought this over and I don't see what is being gained from this.
"
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:26 am

What town is Calum in? I think that town needs revolting.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 am

Well, the most troubled by that closure are english, various gambits etc. so I see it as a good thing Smile

And more:

Calum wrote:
Calum looks at a parchment in his hand his face growing angrier before he stands up.

You know this sounds vaguely familiar to a novel imagined, i thought a good name for it would be Animal Farm.  Odd i know but still.  The jist of the story being that certain individuals decided to use an ideology to stir the others up into a frenzy to start a new form of governance.  And yet all they managed to achieve was to put the same people in charge again only under the guise of freedom for all.

You speak so brazenly about the freedoms of towns and yet you cannot tell us what you feel you are being persecuted by.  So tell me right now what it is you need freedom from because i can so easily bring it up to the council and propose it is put in our law books as a right of our citizens.

Perhaps you would like to tell the people of this great county instead how your freedom works in practice.  When the town of Kirkcudbright was attacked by rebels and i sent you a personal missive requesting your help.  Did JO stand up for the freedoms of the people of Kirkcudbright to rule themselves and choose their own leaders?  No, you refused aid but kept insisting you would pay the damages of your compatriots.  I say compatriots because Launcelot seems to be a very close ally of yours, recently having an army in Whithorn for the town and speaking in the English commons with the supposed authority of the town of Whithorn.  So perhaps you would like to correct me but it seems to me this criminal is your ally and when asked to help against him in the name of freedom that you hold so dear, you refused.

What then of the freedom of the county to defend itself, the people you bring to form your new nation in Whithorn, known career criminals some of them who have proven ill intent to the rest of the county of Galloway.  The county reacts by imposing a border control, to prevent these people of disrepute from destroying the freedoms of the people of this great county, and what do i receive from you.  Is it support for this defence of our freedoms?  No, yours words, "Wrong Move".

Julius you speak a big game of freedom for the towns and decentralisation.  And yet you have proven to me on two occasions that your belief of freedom is only when it suits you.  When Kirkcudbright called for help you sent none, when Galloway defends itself you scorn our actions.  One has to wonder Julius if this decentralisation of yours is merely a ploy to gain more power, or perhaps another ego trip to satisfy your need to have your name stamped across the halls of this land.

So lets look a little into your plan.  You want every town to send 4 members to the CC on the authority of the Mayor?  Effectively creating 4 seperate factions working for 4 seperate goals.  Each town would only need to look out for itself because that would be the new system you outline, were we to work together we would just have what we have now, a unified council which provides for all of Galloway.  So why would collapsing power to the mayors be good?  Well Whithorn has an army, i guess without a council and only your town having an army that would be rather beneficial.

But i digress, so weve established your claims for freedom are as and when you see fit.  What of this new border control, to protect Galloway from undesirables.  Launcelot and Gambits lost boys are your guests in Whithorn are they not, men who look to topple our rightful sovereignty.  And you also go and invite the English WoS to your new kingdom, criminals so that when the English realised what was happening they sank their ship.  So you have here a town which seems to be rallying every undesirable you can get a hold off, people that neither the CA nor England want.  And you believe you will bring Justice and Freedom to Galloway?

Julius i knew you when you fought on the fields of Muirkirk with Alistair.  I remember then thinking while you had your fault you were fighting for a freedom.  Now i see you gathering all the misfits you can, and i think, this is how Fury started.  What new evil will you bring to this land in the name of your freedom.

Calum pauses for a second before continueing.

Your ideals of freedom only equate to more power in your hands and less accountability.  That is not what i call freedom.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:18 am

Whats the point of attacking Galloway? They are pretty much the weakest county in all English speaking realms. It's like kicking a puppy.

Shame to see English being invited there. Julius should know better. Those people will soon turn Whithorn into a mini-England...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 7:45 am

TBH, I don't find what Calum is writing logical when first reading through it all, the threat needs to be able to be backed up as well can't just go around throwing out edicts without being able to back it up either that's why the comments, they're not intimidated, it's a cycle and they know it, and I see it. It is Anto, a damn shame too. I don't know JO at all or what the deal is there but there has been A LOT of english coming in (minus WoS because from what I've been reading their sick of England's shit too) and not just visiting not to mention Scotland having their own going thru there robbing their own etc. Obviously Galloway isn't organized enough to back up what Calum's saying over there, not that I don't think hanging a few folks isn't smart, it'd help eventually but having a few other things in place at the same time wouldn't hurt and you wouldn't be seeing their smartass reply posts...well, probably, but it wouldn't last long Laughing  (and Brennos called me a troll! Rolling Eyes )

Here's what I think should happen:

Get enough recruits/forces throughout ALL of Scotland (like minded folks working together because you all have a common goal and have always had one it seems with all this garbage continually coming in), do a back and forth sweep with some armies and kill their charry's a few good times, keep hanging them too as traitors etc. Those Scottish robbing and getting their own, need to stop or take it to England. Those who are Scottish but act like English, run their asses out! You have a Scotland again Smile<--only reason I say this is because it worked in Ireland. All the counties may work or be run a bit differently than the rest but when it comes down to it, and because we all respect each other, it works out great. I understand where Anto's coming from, if it weren't for him and a few others our Ireland wouldn't be as awesome as it is now.

Hoping this post makes sense, I've yet to finish my coffee this morning and was up late last night...did some awful rambling last night too >.< ugh Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:54 am

Trinity wrote:

Here's what I think should happen:

Get enough recruits/forces throughout ALL of Scotland (like minded folks working together because you all have a common goal and have always had one it seems with all this garbage continually coming in), do a back and forth sweep with some armies and kill their charry's a few good times, keep hanging them too as traitors etc. Those Scottish robbing and getting their own, need to stop or take it to England. Those who are Scottish but act like English, run their asses out! You have a Scotland again Smile

afaik, the only time Scotland banded together was because of NNGO uniting them. If Scotland were to try do it themselves they'd probably have an English clone army coming to attack them aswell as opposition from Scotland itself (it's Scotland afterall)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 28 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next