AuthorMessage
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Post something awesome! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 am

YAY thanks Bella, could have guess it was you. Just as you were mean to me.

No accents for you
You are now on a BAN
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 pm

I wasn't mean Tod... I honestly was busy the times I didnt say hi.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 pm

*snickers*
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:03 am

lol it's been worse now that Grev got back...I have literally zoned out of paying attention to the chat box. We tend to have skype on since its way easier to talk and just blaze thru things. I love having a questing buddy =)

and for the something awesome... I totally have to brag

Cari solo healed an at level chrono run today. We had 2 healers, but the lvl 7 one went down faster then a prom dress and rage quit before we even got to the bank.So with a couple wands, and a few generous gifts of pots we made it thru. I felt bad about letting a few die, but they refused to stay withing healing range and were horribly squishy... so I focused on keeping up ones I knew could actually do something
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 am

Just did 20th ToD run. Took the draconic ring - not my ideal choice as had been hoping for one of the sexy rings with exceptional strength, but the choice wasn't brilliant and naturally the kensai ring wasn't there. Still, I get some extra threat with the draconic set and now mulling over whether to craft strength or con onto it. Debating whether I want to do another 20 runs or TR soon instead.

But was an awesome non-toaster ToD raid, not failing in the drama department (as you know now how I like the more interesting runs). I think there were three deaths at the end fight in total (that I noticed). The first was an archer, no idea why, but saw him go down while we were hitting suulo. I think he was out of range of the mass heals. Then the horoth tank died when he failed a save just as we were running back to help finish off the big guy. I jumped in and took over tanking (I think the horror of not completing on my 20th inspired that reckless move). The healers were the stars though and kept me up while we got horoth down from his by-then regenerated 100% health (meh). Pots were sent afterwards as thanks. And the leader was great too (despite dying while dealing with trash close to the end) in continuing to direct everyone as to their main priorities when the shit hit the fan.

You know, I can understand why people like WF tanks - I know it helps spread the healing load and so on ... but its kinda nice to know it can be done without and not wait around for one to turn up. As long as folk tip the healers afterwards Wink And also it makes me grin that a fighter who wasn't wearing her threat gear cos she didn't realise she would be tanking could help complete the raid. Am I feeling good? Yes I am ^^

Still wired from it, and all happy =)
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 am

Grats on your 20th - hope you pounded on Horoth with great vigor! Very Happy

I have a bunch of "filler" rings - crafting onto them isn't too hard when you have 6 level 20s to share trophies between. I usually keep 9 trophies in the bank at any given time in case my prestige ring drops.

You should try rolling a WF toon - they really are a different play experience. Get some healing amp items to keep the healers happy. Self-healing arcane/melee builds are fun too. Reconstruct is an awesome thing! Very Happy

I also like that WF docents switch instantly, while armor takes a few moments to equip - nice to have a few sets of docents for tanking/dps/ac etc. Plus there are many specialty docents that can be quickly equipped in different situations.

Having fun on vacation but can't wait to get back (with no raid timers)! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 am

'grats Beth tat is awesome =)
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Congrats Grace on capping! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:31 am

Thanks Very Happy I couldn't have done it without you and Anto, you guys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 pm

ATTN ALL:

Monks w/ abundant step
FVS w/ wings
Air savant w/ whatever the hell they got lol Razz

You can leap directly from the top of the leaky dinghy and grab purple coins easy. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:27 am

Cries
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 am

Got the shard for the monk bracers, just need the scroll and seal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:37 am

Thought I'd see what DDO was like here on my über slow internet connection in Belgium. Turns out it was pretty playable.

Managed to run all 4 of my 20s through shroud, with just a little more than the usual lag. I had a few latency checks in pt 1 on one of the runs, but otherwise, it went pretty smoothly.

I couldn't be bothered to wait for people to put up a group, so I bit the bullet and did it myself. I didn't use my mic much because I'm in a communal building and some of my colleagues were sleeping already, but nobody seemed to complain and I said a few words every now and again. Leading the shroud isn't that intimidating after all, and this was only the 2nd time I'd done it, so I guess that from now on, when I log in and I wanna do a shroud, if there's no group up, I might feel braver to put one up myself!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Really good to know you're going to be around. Five weeks away would have been horrible!
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:01 pm

I think our little VoN 5 and 6 adventure today deserves a little mention Beth Smile

I was bored and had a spare hour so I logged in and saw Beth. I asked her what she was going to do and when she mentioned joining a VoN PuG so that she could get Xillee up to lvl 12, I thought "Why not jump in with Trappbot, he could still get some decent XP out of it!".

We waited the mandatory half an hour or so for the group to fill and then stepped in. Cleared the east and west pretty quickly and effortlessly and then we got to the north split. I was curious so I asked who had the voice and the ring. It turned out that the cleric had the ring, so he passed it to me and then the leader told me that he had the voice. I sent the leader a tell and he didn't reply for a few minutes and in the meantime, tthey'd hit the levers, etc at the North split and headed on. Someone managed to come back and find me to let me through to where the leader was and when I opened the trade window, he seemed quite reluctant to trade me the voice. After a few minutes, it turned out that the was talking about the voice of the master... no wonder he didn't want to trade it lol!

So I asked everyone to check their inventory for the voice and nobody had it and then someone mentioned that they thought the now dc'd Barb had picked it up... and instead of running back everywhere trying to find out where it was, we decided to recall out and start again.

Fortunately enough, it didn't take that long to fill the group second time around and we got through the quest pretty well again. Even though, it was now apparent that the others were new to thet quest, they were very receptive and listened and got everything done, without having to go back over things.

We got to the door at VoN 5 and nobody rushed in to pt 6 and I asked the leader's friend, who supposedly knew what was going on, if he wanted to make groups for pt 6. He then admitted to never having done pt 6 before and handed me the leadership. I wasn't keen on doing the teams for pt 6 as I don't really feel comfortable doing so and that was when Xillee stepped up and organised everything down to a tee.

She called out the teams, I asked ppl to buff each other within the teams and we set off. Everyone went the right way on the bridge and although we had to have 2 goes at taking the pillars down, it was pretty quick. Then everyone went back to the beginning, we rebuffed and went for Velah. I was panicking a bit about them not getting behind the rock when she breathed fire, but it wasn't necessary as she went down before even the first breath!!!

A very good run, and great to see an NNGO collaboration on completing the quest Smile

I got the ruby encrusted gauntlets and delving goggles too - so pretty satisfied with the outcome all around!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah and I got that awesome ... blood of the dragons thingy and there wasn't even a FVS, bard or Sorc in the party to pass it to lol It was a fun run in the end. As for stepping up, actually I was sitting there chuckling to myself when the star got passed to you and then you suggested I made the teams up. So actually you volunteered me, you sneaky cad! Still enjoyed it though ^^

Anyhooo ... got my lvl 12 for xillee (yay!) and so with kensai boost hotbarred and some extra axes taken out of my stash in the bank, went for a short look about GH to see how the girl holds up there. And the answer is very nicely. I didn't bother with a pocket cleric but did burn through one of those candycanes from the ship's chest and got half the explorers done Smile Back to the sands for now but was good to try out GH for a short time.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:58 am

got my first neg rep on the forum! cheers
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:31 am

Lol, I pulled a ravager ring on Gilders - now to see if I can plan it into a TR (would of course still prefer to get the encrusted...).
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:49 am

Beth was talking last night and got more people then me swooning over her accent.... and te other awesome part, the raid group agreed I have awesome guildies =)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 pm

*blushes*
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Yes, I had a great time running Shroud, VOD, and Hound for Bella's birthday! Very Happy

As folks got drunker, the better we seemed to do. Laughing

Hound was the last run - two sets of Levik's bracers dropped, which was awesome! Very Happy

Happy Birthday Bella!

P.S. I agree that a "lady" accent is quite popular in DDO (where it is 98% men and boys). Wink
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Happy Birthday bells
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Forgot to add that the birthday VOD was Beth's 20th (Tharnes Goggles, I believe). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:53 am

Fun times on the ship
Post something awesome! - Page 15 Screen12
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Dee proved madstone boots still exist Razz Congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post something awesome!
Page 15 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next