Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

Post something awesome! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 am

Good job I didn't do it in the raid then Smile Thanks for your concern!

I got an invite to a ship after and then noticed I needed two shards, so i got them out of my bank and completed my first GS item. I then proceeded to take down the training dummy in 20 seconds as lightning was triggered twice Smile

I love my GS axe!
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:16 am

Ran the most awesomest Shroud run ever with Bella this evening. Laughing

Also pulled a +3 wisdom tome in Reaver's.

Not a bad nite's work. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 am

Nice work team, I guess thats going to the Dr.

Tod
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:34 am

Omg the shroud run was epic!!

As usual, my shroud runs come with the lfm, must be fun, drinking or both. There's a core group of like 6 of us who always raid together...a few who come in if not on timer and we pug the rest.

We get this caster with us who is the most fucking asshat jerk you will ever meet

pt1 smooth not a problem

pt2 we clear trash, get told who is there...as I'm telling people where to go, and sending Dee to the crystal, asshat pulls the 4 bosses. We get everything knocked down fast, and Dee mentions theres trash...crystal will be a few. So we wait. Asshat decides we're all taking to long and kills rock. Dee and a few others managed to pull of a very close crystal break, with asshat complaining about Dee's skills. Before everyone shrines...asshat hits the alter

pt3 fairly smooth till I dc. by the time i'm back... asshat has not only opend all chests, but hit the alter and is in pt 4 complaining bitterly about how long we are taking

pt4 we get in, hear nothing but him bitching about not needing to buff, this was the worst pug group, the leader didn't know a thing (i was leading) and I finally told him off. Harry was killed before blades got close... really horrible group Razz

pt5 asshat hits the alter, thankfully healers had shrined, and blames it on everyone else. He starts getting mouthy again, and everyone in the group squelches him. Things get killed fast and one person brings up the fact that asshat, living up to his name will likely touch the alter..screwing everyone over. We decide to wait him out... see if he'll just leave. Then someone comes up with the brilliant plan of letting harry kill the bastard.
We all agree that will solve the issue and set in motion the kill asshat plan.

It would have worked, brilliantly too but we didn't take into factor that asshat has more money then brains.we let him get harrys agro, then all bolted, lettting him handle harry one on one. Asshat blew thru at least 8 mana pots from the ddo store...the 500+sp ones .

Once he started drinking pots, the group just said fuck it... lets make him pay for it all. So we just screwed around in the last part, making him drink pot after pot. Blades came, the mana pools dried up... and asshat just kept drinking those damn pots. Was so funny.

We finally all decided we'd just run it again so recalled. Asshat true to form stayed in the instance so we couldnt boot him, and reported one of the group for insulting him
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 am

You always seem to get one don't you Bella? Smile
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:07 am

Like a magnet
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:03 pm

I PULLED A BLOODSTONE!

Ok, it was only my third time out in the sands, and only my 3rd or 4th bloodstone run ever (right after the ones I did with anto and grace). I wasn't even the person to pop the chest, was second to open it. I think I'll let my baby fighter use it until I decide to sell it or not. Which is better, to keep and use it, or sell it and use money for other toys? Not sure I'm much of a farmer for those type things (especially as my cleric can't jump to kill the wind storm rare and can't get close enough to hit it)
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Congrats on the bloodstone - whether you use it or sell it is up to you. Here is some advice.

If you are a melee with a wide critical range, then a bloodstone is a good thing to have to confirm critical hits. A keen weapon or the improved critical feat doubles your critical range. For example, a weapon normally with a 19-20 critical range would have its critical range doubled and thus a hit within the modified critical range (to be considered for confirmation as a critical hit) would be when a 17, 18, 19, or 20 is rolled, instead of just 19 or 20.

Remember that when your hit is in the critical range, a second roll is made confirming the critical hit (also known as a confirmation roll, which does just that). If your second (confirmation) roll "hits", then the first hit is confirmed as a critical hit and the associated critical multiplier(s) are then figured into to the damage (and if it doesn't, then the first roll is considered to be a normal hit).

Note that the confirmation roll does not add any other damage - its sole purpose is to determine whether the first roll "critted". Seeker items (such as bloodstones) add points to the possibility of "hitting" (or confirming) on the confirmation roll and they add additional damage (upon confirmation) times the critical multiplier to the critical hit damage.

If you don't have a wide critical range (e.g. only crits on a 19 or 20), then a bloodstone is less effective.

Also keep in mind what your weapon has on it and how that relates to critical hits.

For example, Dee carries a shocking burst, maiming, icy burst khopesh with the force critical ritual added (x3 multiplier, critical range 19-20).

Dee has the improved critical feat so that doubles his critical range and means when he rolls a 17, 18, 19, or 20, he gets to confirm a critical hit on shocking burst damage x3, maiming damage x3, icy burst damage x3, and the regular slash damage x3 (as well as 1-4 force damage).

A bloodstone not only adds +6 seeker to confirm Dee's critical hits, but it also adds +6x3 = +18 damage to the critical hit damage in addition to everything else. You can bet that Dee want to confirm his critical hits! Very Happy

If you plan to keep the bloodstone, remember that as it wears down, it becomes less valuable. You might consider binding it so it doesn't take permanent damage if you don't plan to sell it.

I've sold many bloodstones and they usually sell quickly depending on the competition. I'd say around 800K plat is about average. Remember that the AH takes 30% though. Wink

Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 am

Kudos to Bella and her motley crew for sending shards and mats my way in the Shroud tonight.

The Dok now has a +600 SP set of Tier 3 goggles (normally 300, but FVS get double SP).

Thanks, Bella! Very Happy

Post something awesome! - Page 4 Supreme_Tyrant_Concordant_Opposition_Green_Steel_Goggles
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Awwa Dee, you needed them.... and it's what we do, and why I run with them. I have seen the guys give bloodstones to someone who needs them. Rex gave Phornax an SOS on Phornax's 20th VON run because he didn't pull it (good thing since it wasnt in the end rewards) Tharnesbracers, scales, you name it... if someone needs it and the person who got it doesn't, we usually give it.

And they are a blast to run with! Where else can you have an argument over the validity of bacon cheesecake while slaying monsters Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah those guys are bent (plus being from Iowa, I love pork products). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:08 am

You know the only thing that makes bacon taste better is bacon.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 pm

oh gosh... NO BACON discussion!!!!

Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 am

Pulled the Ring of Thelis on Dok's first hound completion. Very Happy

Gives me another 50 SP (on top of my 600 from my GS goggles), SR 22, and reduced spell point cost.
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 am

Thanks tol Dee for helping me get my first Minos helm, now Ubleed is a Minidee

Tod
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 am

And thanks to Dee for solving Zog's UMD problem. Now, in just one more level he'll be weilding a +5 MoPG Dwarven Axe Smile
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm

My pleasure - NNGO is really getting strong - should be Reaver-ready sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:59 am

Dok now has mass heal, wings, heighten spell, and about 2500 SP.

Heals are insane and blade barrier now hits for ~300 HP damage a tick.

S.O.P. for room full of mobs:

1. Drop heightened, empowered, maximized, extended, quickened blade barrier (with +5 spell penetration & +3 to evocation DC).
2. Fly through blade barrier (wings).
3. Turn around and watch everything die.
4. If not all dead, go to 2.

If a caster casts disco ball in the middle of your blade barrier or melees sit there pounding on a hard to kill boss without kiting them through blade barriers while making you heal them, then scratch your head in disbelief.

Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 pm

What's in the guild chest today you ask?

Post something awesome! - Page 4 ScreenShot00020

Well, let's find out!

Post something awesome! - Page 4 ScreenShot00021

AHHHHHH!!!! Razz Shocked Razz

Post something awesome! - Page 4 ScreenShot00022
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:51 pm

What??? xD Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 am

lmao a nakie Anto!!!
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:39 am

And it's not even my birthday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 am

Post something awesome! - Page 4 Ddoshroud
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Cool - I've heard that could happen, but never actually seen it.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

What do those portal fragments do? I've never managed to get my hands on one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post something awesome!   Post something awesome! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post something awesome!
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next