AuthorMessage
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

How's life treating ya? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 pm

When is NNGO-con happening? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:53 am

When Toasti wins the lottery Razz
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 9:13 am

Been a busy couple weeks working up to the first day of classes.

Students are back and that at least reduces the number of meetings that everyone feels compelled to schedule.

Slept like a rock last night and going to game and watch my shows today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:14 pm

Well, it has been forever since I posted here.... figured it was about time

I had the most awesome two weeks with Calum. He came over to Canada for a visit and it was so much fun! Was exactly what was needed in my life, and I can't thank him enough for it.

Other than that, life has been life..

Oh and Toasti and Morgan... I'm really not that far away.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 am

I'm ill, with what's supposed to be a chest infection, but I have a feeling may have evolved into something... darker... and more... sickly... and stuff. Oh, and also sinusitis.

That's about the most interesting thing to have happened in my life over the past few months. Besides doing some dealings with Centrelink that are going probably about as well as what you'd think they would, and the fact that I can now legally work in positions that involve youths and children.
Back to top Go down
Morgan.le.Fay
Citizen
Morgan.le.Fay

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:32 am

Hope you feel better soon.

@Bells - I have no idea where in Canada you are, woman. After this, I'm going to have to start saving for the five year Vegas anniversary. -_-
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:39 pm

She's above me! And then over to the right a smidge! XD
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:15 am

Minority01 wrote:
I'm ill, with what's supposed to be a chest infection, but I have a feeling may have evolved into something... darker... and more... sickly... and stuff. Oh, and also sinusitis.

That's about the most interesting thing to have happened in my life over the past few months. Besides doing some dealings with Centrelink that are going probably about as well as what you'd think they would, and the fact that I can now legally work in positions that involve youths and children.

Damn man being sick sucks Sad I hope you get better soon. I had chronic sinusitis and abuse the fuck out of nasal spray now. Stay far away if you can Sad

If you need a hand with anything let me know man, because after about 3 months battling with centrelink THEY'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO RESTORE MY FUCKING PAYMENT!! So I'll send you pizza and stuff, you were so helpful to me when I was doing it tough and now I can return the favour <3
Back to top Go down
Elyeria
Serf
Elyeria

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am

Took my oldest to university. So proud and happy for her, and so sad, all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Plutogirl
Commoner
Plutogirl

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Not sure why this is my go to thread? Haha That's a lie. Other ppls problems make me feel better about my life Razz Perspective is good.

To those of you unemployed, fresh outta college folks, might I suggest volenteer work? It's actually very rewarding. Seriouslly.

And, an update to MY problems ... my neice has stepped up again, off the drugs and doing well.

Work shit came to a head and I nearly got fired for stabbing a bitch but, I have a new attitude now lmao
Back to top Go down
Plutogirl
Commoner
Plutogirl

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:20 pm

I didnt really stab any one
to clarifiy
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Yes Pluto, we are all here talking about our shit lives just for your entertainment. Glad you find it so amusing, I was worried my money issues wasn't making you laugh.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:20 am

I feel like a retarded teen in a taylor swift song. completely hot girl came into work tonight with a group of friends, they all ordered, they all sat down and waited, she stayed by the till (indicator of interest?) and we chitchatted and I asked her where's she from, how long she's been here, where she studied, but no name (warning signs people). When i looked at her I could of actually fell into her eyes. I give her and her friends their food, one of the guys was bleeding, I talk to the group, make jokes, they all laugh, give directions to hospital (lol). was approaching closing, so when they were finishing eating I  closed the door, I let them stay for ten minutes after close time, they leave. the end. when I closed the (glass) door me and the girl kinda held eye contact for a very obviously into each other length of time.

The end. I didn't ask for her number, I'm a dork, the end. If anyone needs me I'll be in a dark corner.

edit: alright, alright. I'm fully aware how melodramatic this (hence the TS reference at the start.) If this happened a friend, I'd say get over it, move on. Next time don't chicken out, you'll be ok brah. I need a drink Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:36 am

Oh dear Aidan, losing your swag Razz

Hopefully she comes back Smile Just hand her a slip of paper with your number on it and say "Oh, I found this as I cleaned up your table. Looks important, so I thought I'd give it back"
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:23 am

Ahlia, that sounds like an extremely shifty idea.
Back to top Go down
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner
TheMightyTrooper

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 am

So, for those that are curious, the last two months for me have had ups and downs, but for the most part it's been on the up. I have just been working, smoking pot, playing video games, and spending a lot of time with the most amazing girl that exists in the universe. For the most part things are pretty good.

Naturally, as the universe needs to keep balance, there was a healthy amount of negative to drag me down but I soldiered through it and stayed sane and happy.

Been spending a lot of time in my head though, and doing a lot of introspection. When I moved to BC I kind of had the mindset of trying to discover who I am, and I've made a lot of progress on that front. I know myself twice as well as when I did when I left PEI, and my view on the world has changed. I'm about to embark on another leg of my grand quest to figure out who I am, though. In a week I'll be going on a cross Canada trip. From here, all the way back to PEI, and everywhere in between. Will be visiting old friends, and definitely will be meeting new faces.

I've come by two thoughts since I've moved.

1) When deciding where I want to be, I should look at all the positives each environment has for my mental health. And so I should discover as much as I can, so that when I make the choice to live somewhere, the place can be somewhere more than where I reside.
2) To figure out who I really am, I need to know how I act when nobody knows me. I feel like everywhere I've been, I can't be myself because there are others around me that already have an image of who I am, and their image influences the way I act.

So with those two thoughts together I decided that for the next few months I'll travel this great country of mine and figure out who I am and where I want to be.

Once this trip's done I'll probably just work through the winter in PEI (Where rent is cheap as fuck), and save money for a return trip, probably through the states that time. But who knows, that's awhile from now, and why make plans when I can turn out to be somebody completely different when I finish my trip?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:00 am

Aidan, don't stress it. If it wouldn't have felt natural, then it was for the best. In the end, seed has been planted anyway. If meant to be, it will happen sometime.

Don't let those 'what ifs' get to ya Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Shit I wasn't looking and down voted you. I'm on mobile.
Thanks for the advice though, I'll up vote you tomorrow Razz

And thanks ahlia, if she comes back in I shall not fuck it up
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:17 pm

I'm going to bomb the NHS soon cos they're idiots, and I still don't have a job in my degree field (yeah it's only been two months since graduation, feels like longer...), and I just made a cider slushy Very Happy

Also Toasti and Morrie should totally do London - it's only an hour and a half from me!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Morgan.le.Fay
Citizen
Morgan.le.Fay

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:32 am

Psh. You can come to us, woman! We're already flying over the Atlantic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Have fun guys and please say hi to our mutual friend for me!

We still haven't gotten the house on the market yet, but soon I'll have the house to myself (and two dogs and two cats). At least then I can't tear my hair out about other people's messes!

Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:34 am

College is back. I got (not enough) hours sleep last night.

On the bright side, I'm taking steps towards entrepreneurship, stay tuned Very Happy something I've always dreamed of, and I'm going to give this a real go.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Well, life is getting calmer now... but since it was a busy week, I figured I'd fill you all in Wink

that "son I never wanted" left of his cross Canada trek at 1:30 am this morning.
while it isn't a huge sentence, my dad went to jail almost a week ago and will be there for 15 months!!!
my aunt lost her battle with cancer (and it's ok...she lived 3 years longer than she was supposed to and is not in pain now!)
I got to run around ddo with dee for a bit last night <3

and the best thing of all...I woke up this morning for the first time in over a year with an absolute feeling of peace.

Love you all, xox
Back to top Go down
Plutogirl
Commoner
Plutogirl

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:40 pm

ahlia wrote:
Yes Pluto, we are all here talking about our shit lives just for your entertainment. Glad you find it so amusing, I was worried my money issues wasn't making you laugh.

Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I just meant that when life's handing me shit I tend to gravitate here for a little perspective.

I also gravitate towards the booze in these times so please, please dont take the shit I say so serious Smile
Back to top Go down
Plutogirl
Commoner
Plutogirl

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Bellz, yur dad was that pedo you were talking about earlier? 15 months aint enough but, I assume he's old so...
I'm sorry again for being rude about that. My sis- in- common- law went thru the same shit and lives near you. Only reason I offered my lame assed assitance Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's life treating ya?
Page 29 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next