AuthorMessage
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

How's life treating ya? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:16 pm

I am up for that, sounds like fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Same!
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm up as well. You can make a passworded game so that only certain people can get in.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:51 pm

In for that!!
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Sounds awesome to me. This game is up my street for sure!
Back to top Go down
Elyeria
Serf
Elyeria

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:47 pm

I usually don't post personal stuff anywhere, but today I would like to say thank you to the (at least) three police departments involved in shutting down a school threat quickly.  They managed to trace an "untraceable post" in just a few short hours and arrest the poster.  Since my kids attend one of the schools where a shooting was threatened, this is deeply personal.  To the kid who did it:  I understand your life may be hard, but I hope you spend a very long time behind bars where you can't hurt my kids.

And to the people who built that anonymous website where you believed posts couldn't be traced:  F*** you.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:26 pm

punk noob kid never heard of a proxy Razz

but seriously, what the hell happened to kids to make this a thing? when i grew up, kids shot each other in school all the time, but it was never just... random people!

glad your kids are ok! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Elyeria
Serf
Elyeria

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 6:52 pm

I just nearly edited my last post to take out the line with the naughty word because I've finally calmed down.  Plus I've learned that it was the people that own that site, or more correctly an app, who alerted police and helped trace the post.  But really, anonymity breeds all kinds of bad behavior when people think they can't be held accountable.  I've spent today learning more about that app than I ever wanted to know, including that some people use it to be horrendous bullies to kids, because they think they can never be traced.  There is more than enough blame to go around here, from the people who set up this kind of site, to those who abuse the site and, especially, the one who posted and scared the daylights out of an entire community.  I am so glad the kid didn't act on his threat.

Thank you for the post Anto, it's awful that kids ever have to be afraid to go to school.  I'm glad my kids are ok too!
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 8:34 pm

I think situations like that really do depend on the story behind it. If someone is bullied so much and decide to stand up to the bullies, then hey good on them, it's better than shooting themselves. But if these people who decide to shoot up schools and attack innocent people instead, then they get everything they deserve.

Currently at university student halls I am in, in my particular flat there are 6 guys including me. 4 of us have made good friends. As a 21 year old I am one of the oldest in the flat, most of the others are 18.
One of the 18 year old guys has some mild  form of aspergers and suffers regular migraines and likes to quote films frequently. The other 2 of the lads from our flat have befriended a couple of girls in the flat next door and already have other friends in other flat blocks in the student halls premises and they have taken it on to bang on his door early in the morning, calling his name constantly through the day, telling him he and his room stinks and someone stole his favorite cup and hid it in the flat next door and they are basically disrupting all of us.

But last night me and 2 other flat mates approached some of the people who are bullying him, now it's the 5th week we have been in these halls and these people are supposed to be adults, its pathetic the way they carry on. We essentially told them to stop bullying our flat mate, most of those people don't need to be in our flat, and we don't want them coming in and insulting someone who does live there.
We hope yesterday has drawn a line under this incident, but if it continues I feel it will come to blows. I am a firm believe that violence does solve problems and if they wish to continue to bully him then we are just going to make them regret making one of the flat mates feel unsafe in his own accommodation.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 pm

college and work is busy, so college and work and a social life is like a super effort. Here's tomorrow's time line.
Wake up at 6(2hrs from this post, and im currently drunk), go to college for 9, exam at 11, finish that as soon as possible cause im in for work at 1 (takes an hour of travel) finish work at 9 and gotta race back out to town for a college halloween ball, then staying out in town, back in work the next day (thankfuck no college on fridays) for 1 o clock, til 9 again, then a wedding the next morning Laughing

well, I asked for this Razz
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 am

drunk the night before an exam? Wait till after at least man Razz

Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Life has been crazy this week. Way too many shifts in a short time, all but one dealing with psych patients...and I think it's all getting to me.

A couple weeks ago I had to go in and give my statement to the police and say yes to charges against my dad for sexually abusing me when I was a kid. It's something that I have told maybe 5 people in my life up until the end of August. After what happened then, life got pretty fucked up for me.

I had thought it was getting better. Talked to a councilor, life was returning to normal. Ten days ago he was supposed to have had his first court appearance for the charges against my daughter....my brother said he wasn't going to fight the charges....but I have no clue if he plead guilty and I'm scared as hell to ask and find out we'll be going to court.

I haven't slept well since then. The past three nights have been filled with nightmares about him coming back. He came after me in one, kidnapped diz in another, molested a poor waitress in front of me in the last one. And I know it's my mind making this shit up. The man, while a pedophile and waste of skin, is a coward. He can't stand confrontation, he hides what he does, I know damn well if there was ever a physical altercation between us, he wouldn't be walking away from it....so why the nightmares?

I just want my normally fucked up life back, where I don't pray daily that he'll just die so my family won't have to deal with this shit anymore.

Sorry this is such a sad post, I just need it out of my head.
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I dont know what to say Bella, but I wanted to send my support, you and your family will in my thoughts.
I hope everything ends up well for you, and that you and your family can be allowed to have normal lives. Nobody deserves this crazy shit, particularly someone as nice as you.

All I can do is send you my love, Im sorry you had to go through all that shit.

Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Yay my halloween costume still fits. That just saved me £30 - 40 at least Very Happy Bella, I'm not able to help much, but if it is of any use, you could always start to get your normal life back by wearing pink socks? Just a suggestion you know! Smile

Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:02 am

Oh wow. Bellz. I'm sorry to hear you and your family have to go through all this. *sends some virtual squish hugs your way.* :/
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 am

Damn Bella your damn family can't catch a break!!
You need to move far, far away, and have a holiday or something. Ugh! That's horrible. Sending love your way.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 am

I attended a vegetarian, or vegan wedding on Saturday. It was not ok... A man needs meat. It wasn't even just "no meat" cause I would of liked a salad or pasta or like a veggie lasange or something but it was all super weird shit I just felt uncomfortable force feeding myself Laughing

went into work the next morning and put every single meat topping on a pizza and it was so so good. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fordo
Commoner
Fordo

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Aidan wrote:
I attended a vegetarian, or vegan wedding on Saturday. It was not ok... A man needs meat. It wasn't even just "no meat" cause I would of liked a salad or pasta or like a veggie lasange or something but it was all super weird shit I just felt uncomfortable force feeding myself Laughing

went into work the next morning and put every single meat topping on a pizza and it was so so good. Razz

Sounds too much..I would have smuggled in some cheeseburgers like a drug mule and taped a couple of ribs to my stomach.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Fordo, you would have been the hottest bitch in that place. I'd be on the Cheeseburger Smuggler like white on (super meaty) rice.

Lol, now I am imagining a group of wedding guests huddled in a corner, shoving burgers in their mouths like fiends. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 pm

I'd be the one with the trench coat going 'psst, what you want?' With strips of bacon and sausages hanging inside...hahaha

They at least had to have alcohol? Some kind of trade off for that horror? O.o
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 pm

I had actually heard you like to flash your sausage whilst wearing a trench coat.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 am

There was alcohol, but drinking on a basically empty stomach was not good so I had pints of water throughout the night. Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

awww I love drinking on an empty stomach! It goes straight to the head for a delightful buzz! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner
TheMightyTrooper

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Blegh. So this last year or so has been really crummy to say the least, but this last month in particular is gray and fucking depressing. I've told a few people a few odd details about what's going on, but think it might be good for my mental health to just rant about shit.

So I was raised by my mom, and then two and a half years ago I decided to change things up and move in with my dad. Things were going real smoothly for the first year and a half or so, but the last year of that got real crap. Something just seemed to have switched in maybe my head, or maybe my parents, but we stopped getting along at all. Every week we would get into a fight about something, and it went on for about a year. Then when my dad was out of town, and it was just me and my step mom, my step mom decided to kick me out of the house. This was right before I was going to leave on a vacation, so for a week, from the day I got kicked out, to the day my flight left, I was going from house to house mooching off of my friends. My vacation was pretty chill and I temporarily moved in with my mom after I finished visiting everywhere I was going to visit. Things cooled down, I spoke to my step mom and dad, and then I moved back in with them and things went smoothly for about a month.

Then out of fucking nowhere my step mom causes a massive fight. Me, my dad, and her were all furious and saying some really disrespectful shit. I didn't care, I don't give two flying fucks about the words. The moment I say the word cunt though my dad loses his shit, and for the first time in my life I got to know the pleasure of having one of your parents attack you, so I bolted out of the door and snuck over to a neighbors house who I knew I could trust and waited there for about an hour while I tried to calm down and cool my head.

Not going to bother with the details about what happened next, but what basically happened is I got into contact with my dad over the phone the next morning and he told me that he booked a flight to my moms city that was leaving in 24 hours. I had just a day to say my goodbyes and pack as much as I could then move. I was the goddamn pillar of my community, knew everyone everywhere, and not only was I leaving all that behind, but I only had 24 hours to try to explain to people why I was leaving. I only had 10 minutes to go home and pack my things, so I ended up leaving a LOT of stuff behind. All I ended up grabbing was a few momento's and my clothes. My CD collection, my bookshelf, my instruments, my games, had to leave all of it behind. And they didn't provide me with any of that shit. I bought all of that shit, they can't use the excuse that they paid for it so it's theirs. But they're not going to mail it out. I have to wait until goddamn december until I can go there myself and package it up and ship it out.

Now I'm living in a little city called Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. It isn't quite the middle of nowhere, it's big enough to be interesting, but everyone here is so antisocial. They have a goddamn small town mentality, always spreading rumors and shit, and if you're from somewhere else or don't fit in (I happen to be from somewhere else, and pretty goddamn weird so definitely don't "fit in") most people won't talk to you. Me, being the social butterfly I am, still made some pretty cool friends, but it's a shitty experience being in an environment where nine out of ten people that know who you are just don't give a shit about you. And I have none of the shit that I can use to escape the world when I just don't give a shit. Such as my instruments, whenever I was in a depressed mood I just wrote music. Don't got no instruments, even though I worked my ass off and spent a shit ton of money on them. Want to just read and relax? Guess who doesn't own a single book..

Now I don't want to come off as an entitled prat. I can go without luxuries, but when I fucking worked and earned my own shit, and was willing to pay the price of shipping, I would hope my own fucking father could take an hour out of his week to drop my crap off at the post office.

The schools in this province are shit too. I ended up dropping out of school and looking for work, but there's no work in this shithole of a province, so I just went back into school and dropped my academics. (Still taking math though, because math is fucking awesome, even if haters gunna hate)

It's real shitty, seeing that your really dad doesn't give a shit about you, and just having your entire world go away.

The worst part of this though is over this last month of me living here in PEI I've become a misanthropic asshole. I just don't enjoy people anymore. At school I just mind my own business and listen to my music. There's a few kickass people I talk to in passing, and I'm a big part of the metal scene already, here in my town, but I don't feel any connection with people. When I'm being social it doesn't bring any satisfaction, it just kills time, which is really weird for me. Even talking to my friends back in my old town over Skype or whatever, I just don't really give a shit about them or their problems anymore. Kinda messed up, really, not seeing anyone the same way.

Not to mention that there's not a single fucking person to boot for you or a goddamn place to get weed.

I literally don't give a shit about anything anymore though. I feel detached from reality. I'm going back to British Columbia (Mah home Province) for a few weeks in December though, and will visit a bunch of old friends and other cool people (*Cough* Bellz *Cough*) so I'm hoping that will help me regain some of what my life is clearly lacking.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:23 am

Real quick... Are you David.c?

EDIT: someone has let me know you are indeed the David.c I was thinking of. thanks!

Now I forget what I was gonna say, but you're a cool guy. Don't let all the stupid shit get you down, I'm sure there's some real awesome stuff around you. Like random skype video calls, and alcohol (when you're old enough Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's life treating ya?
Page 16 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next