Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

Requests for Help (quests/raids) Empty
PostSubject: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 pm

As I was labouring through the teen levels, I often found that I was in a bad PuG and couldn't finish off a particular quest that I needed to do for flagging reasons or whatever. When this happens, there's noone better to turn to than your fellow guildies is there? Very Happy

I've often called on help before in the past and Bella, Anto, Jill and Dee have been great helping me get through some of the tough times. I know that several of our other toons are flying high now and so there might come a time when you want to do a particular quest and you don't want to PuG... I know that's the case for me! So I thought this thread would be perfect Wink

I'll start the ball rolling. All for Gilders, 20 Paladin:

Quote :
Reason: To flag for DQ:
Quests: Chains of Flame, An offering of Blood
How badly do you want it?: Not desperate, but it'd be nice to be able to run this on Epic and have a chance of upgrading my Xuum

Quote :
Reason: To Flag for VoN
Quests: VoN 2-4 (Prison of the Mind, The Jungle of Khyber, Haywire Foundary)
How badly fo you want it?: Really really really badly! I'd much rather do this with the guild and I need to flag for VoN... That Epic Sword of Shadows won't make itself Very Happy... ok I have to find the sword first, but I can dream! Eventually I plan to run this on Epic often!

Last edited by Zogdor on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 am

I'll run the Sands and VON flagging with you if you want Smile I HATE COAL CHAMBER however.

Jill still needs her sovereign rune (Lorrik's) so some SoS runs for me. I need the Lorrik's necklace from Hound as well.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:21 am

I need my ToD ring, the titan belt, and the quiver from abbot

tod ring:
Requests for Help (quests/raids) KilausBand

titan belt:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Belt_of_Brute_Strength

quiver:
Requests for Help (quests/raids) Item_quiver_alacrity

Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 am

hell I would make you the blank rather then run coal chamber

Rainbow I'll do whenever

Auro is pretty well done... I might make her another GS item, but idk
wouldnt mind the dreamspitter from reavers for her tho
still need flagged for littany and all that fun stuff

Cari needs that necklace, and the ruin lol
she also needs to be flagged for reavers in gh, and the necro quests

Faye will be needing flagging for everything. she's lvl 8 now so DQ flagging will start soon, and von as well
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:51 am

I'm going to be searching for some people to run Sands with me this weekend, since I'm set to go to lvl 14 but haven't really run much of Sands. I want to hit it on Grace before I level out of it.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:05 am

So you gonna make that blank for me Bella? lol

Zog could do with running around the sands a bit more, so if anyone's feeling brave... Smile
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:58 am

I will do it with you! I haven't been out there since we ran with Anto. Jaayse is already ready for level 14, but I've been holding off on it. I need to get flagged and do all of the quests but the one we finished.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:22 pm

I really want to flag Jillarcane for DQ.. I'm quite happy to run Sands quests with you Grace.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:18 am

Zog'd love to tag along, if you don't think having 2 rogues is too much Smile
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:17 pm

You can never have too many rogues! Okay that's not true, but you should definitely come with Wink

Randy and Dee ran An Offering of Blood with me last night, and lots of guildies ran Purge the Fallen Shrine with me before the raid. So, I think I only have 2 quests left that I haven't done, and they are the two I need to be flagged for Demon Queen. Yay!

Shall I say once again how awesome our guild is for always being there to help the others out?
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:58 am

I would really like to knock off the deleras chain, but think i need to replace my cable modem and router soon as it may partially be the cause of my lagging/DC's.

I did have a word or two with cablevision about the what I think is a low signal in the area, and hinted that maybe my monthly payment wouldnt show up when it was due....they hinted that maybe my cable signal wouldnt be available and after a few minutes of contemplation, I decided that they would survive better without me than I would withoput them, so I nixed that plan.

It is getting frustration as me and beth found out that a laggy healer doesnt not work well.

Anyway a guild deleras run might be appreciated ( atleast by me).
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 am

I'd help, but I'll have to get Sheo or Harzak up to that level first (well, they are 5 so they could do the first 2/3 parts no probs, but after that...).

I've edited my original post, I now only need to:

Flag Zog and Gilders for DQ
Flag Gilders for VoN.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm

I need to finish Delaras on Faye, and then get her into the sands more... and GH
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 am

I've discovered that apart from the Update 7 Lordsmarch series of quests (which I've done to death), level 12 quests generally fail to inspire me and so levelling Zog up is taking a while. The Twilight quests are a possibility (but long and stupidly hard for lvl 12 quests), as are Sands and Necro (3 I think), but I need a push in the right direction. So, anyone wishing to do any level 12 ish quests please get on my case and we'll go bust some bones!

I didn't really plan on flagging Zog for DQ, but there are a couple of nice items for rogues... and Twilight might be a good idea, although I don't know the flagging quests for these two raids very well... Once he hits 13, I'll take him out to GH and some of the quests out there to get him up to 14, etc.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 am

What level are the xoriat quest? I was invited to a pug yesterday and we did it on hard and aside from the fact that between the 6 of use I think we died 24 times (we had a very squishy tank or two I only died 3 times i think). or rogue Dced just before the end, luckily he had disabled all the traps, our cleric ran out of SP. I ran out of SP and needed to buy some from the online store, Funny thing is I ended with the most kills thanks to firewall and fireball i think. So I wouldnt mind runny this with ta guild group on elite if its is high enough for you.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Anto and I took Shover and Jillarcane (both newly lvl 12) out to GH the other day with a PUG. I don't think we died at all, did 1 walk-up (Cry For Help) and got quite a few of the explorers and rares... total 30K XP over the course of about an hour and a half. Lvl 12 seems early to run GH but in a decent group it's certainly do-able and the XP is excellent. Cry For Help alone was about 10K + optionals on normal.
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 am

I need someone to help me with the restless isles, Jaayse needs it as well as Kyrriah in order to get flagged for the raid. Jaayse is lvl 14 cleric, kyrriah lvl 10 rogue. Anyone who can take me around there and show me what is what would be great. Kyr still needs to get HIPS done in order to get there.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 am

I managed to get Zog to 13 thanks to Mihaly, Lika and Todd! Now, I'm going to head out to GH Smile
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 pm

I wil be home in about 4 hours would love some help to finish the Savarth Quest with the devils, so I can get my last Mat part (blood) and then start hunting in TOD for my monk rings

Tod
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Would love to help you out Todd, but I'll be asleep Sad
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 pm

To be flagged for TOD
Bastion of Power
Gen Point

Gear I want
Find the Giant Skel in the Sub and take Icy Vestments
The Titian Quest in Restless Isles for chattering ring
New Invasion to find the shinto Necklace. I have Veriks
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 pm

I am quite worried about you running ToD man. If someone dies at the end fight, it gives the boss 25% of his life back. You really need more HP.

I recommend getting something with GFL (+30), and crafting at least the first 2 tiers of a GS item to wear (+25). Then, grind out 150 favor in gianthold (agents of argo reward for 150 favor is 10 HP free feat).

That would put you at 361 HP. 381 if you put Minos on...

It is going to take you a very long time to get a super high AC.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=205669

Read that, and see how far you can max it. Way I see it is this:

You have a dex +6 ring and a wis +6 ring. leave those alone.
If you are lucky enough to pull icy raiment, which might take a few months, your AC goes up from 53 to 57. Then if you are lucky enough to also pull a chattering ring, which people will never put up for roll, ever ever ever, your AC goes to 60. If you take the two weapon defense feat, it goes to 61 but that is a waste of a feat, especially since it looks like you desperately need a toughness feat. Not going to add that to the rest.

Drink a +5 bark pot: 65. Hard to find those pots tho. +4 shield pot or clicky or spell (do they even make +4 shield pots?), 69 AC.

a 69 AC means Horuth will hit you on a 4 or higher, or 80% of the time.

Really, I don't see how you can feasibly pull off the AC you are looking for without swapping feats, abilities, and a whole bunch of crap you really dont want to do.

Typically, a max AC build has around 80+ AC, hits like a wimp and hardly has any HP. And all that and they still dont have enough AC for epics (you need a 100+ AC for epics). Sad

Typically, a halfling monk with combat expertise feat, high wisdom and dex (but sacrifices STR and some CON for their high scores), decked out with chattering ring, icy rainments, and at least +8 armor bracers with a stack of bark pots can hit a very high AC. but they wont hit much of anything else.. Thats still not going to ever be max tho, because max AC builds ALWAYS block with a shield...
http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Combat_Expertise

the bad thing about AC is simple, a lot of people think they can have a low CON and low HP if they have a high AC. this is incorrect. no matter how high your AC is, it can be over 100; everything will still hit you if it rolls a 20. and in epics where you get hit once for 60-250 a pop you are looking at a rough go of it.

i just worry for you, if you start dying multiple times in ToD end fight, people will mark you down on 'do not run with' lists and that will only make those hard to get rings even harder to get Sad

i wouldn't recommend people start out with a 10 base CON, but its too late now and whats done is done. even if you had a +4 CON tome, 10 to start is way too low. 14 or better is the standard.
i started with 10 CON on my bard and now i can't play on him anymore until i get him a heart of wood to fix it. he dies every quest. Sad

my wizard needs his argo favor for the extra 10 HP. the favor can be a pain to get, so try to get into any favor groups for gianthold if possible. 10 extra HP could mean life or death! Smile

sorry if i sound like i am ragging on you bro, just dont want to see you going nuts over some of the most impossible raid loot gear in the game only to find out its not really going to make the difference you were looking for. you could very well get all this gear and have a decent enough AC to fight arraetrikos (shroud) and suulomades (VoD and ToD) on normal, but not on hard or elite. Sad

Horuth BAB: 65 or so on normal
Suulo BAB: 55+ on normal
Arraetrikos BAB: ??? couldnt find it

sorry for the long post, and whatever you decide to do have fun with it, and know that i will help you either way. definitely not trying to tell you how to play man. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm quite interested in this build:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152

It's not for you, as it's a multi, but it shows which items can improve your AC. As well as the things Anto mentioned, it also says that haste and a +5 protection item will get it higher too... just food for thought Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 pm

he is wearing a +5 protection item, and haste is +1 for a 30 second pot... Smile

also that build is outdated. you won't get the monk wisdom AC bonus if you are uncentered, meaning you cannot wear armor (or use a non monk weapon?).. Wink

Eladrin wrote:

The monk wisdom (and class) bonus to armor class should essentially function "by the book". This bonus should be lost if wearing any armor, using a shield, or encumbered. It does not check for ki weapons however - it's less restrictive than the monk abilities that require one to remain centered.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1774968&postcount=52
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 pm

also, i am not sure if the eldritch alchemical dodge bonus of +1 stacks with haste...

ETA i'll test it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requests for Help (quests/raids)   Requests for Help (quests/raids) Empty

Back to top Go down

Requests for Help (quests/raids)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next