Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft

Go down 
+42
ahlia
Mikhail_216
Trinity
Springtime
Anthony_Wayne
Dizmalus
_Melissa.
Lance
Aidan
Cina
Lordmatthew
Motherlucka
Zogdor
Romanos
Magogh
Mikhaila
Perl.
Aalish
Plutogirl
Achilles_
Boris
Michelle_macale
Sephrenia
Likaios
HappyHerder
Elois
JonathanDailey
OutlawCutie
WhiteSnow
ArcaneJill
Hannah
Zakku
Bellz
Bekah
Toasti Jen
Aveline
Angeljoy25
anto_capone
Alexandrelejuste
Beth
Grace
LadyJazzy
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Zombies are appropriate.   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Why all the discrimination against zombies? Sad

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 Sad-zombie_zps45beeac7

Furthermore, why does everyone concern themselves with alleged cloning in Leinster that was investigated and disproved multiple times- and then completely ignore all the actual cloning that goes on in other places? For example, England has been using armies of clones since 2006. They still do to this day. No one says shit about it tho. Double standards are fun! Razz

Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Anthony_Wayne
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Was this about my posts in the crossing Anto?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm

yea, censors got heavy handed in that one as usual.

am curious tho, wonder why England gets such a pass on this when they have repeatedly been found guilty of cloning is all. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Wayne
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Oh no, I am sure they are cloning too. I just think Ireland has its fair share also (Maybe less, maybe more I haven't really been in this game long) . I just get a little mad when people act like there aren't any when they know damn well there is. I'm sure celsius is just trying to keep it out of the forums (Which I didn't know about b4 the thread was locked), so it doesn't seem like a game wide problem. I wasn't necessarily targeting just ireland, but more the whole game.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I understand, and agree. From what I've seen though, Ireland has a fractional amount compared to England. But yea, doesn't make either one better or worse, but maybe I am just skewed by all the constant rhetoric from all the different places.

It sucks, and it used to make me mad too; but then I realized the whole game kinda sucks, nothing in the game worth getting agitated about I guess. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Wayne
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Probably true..but I'm not at that stage yet though!
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 pm

My view is some people use accusations of cheating when they lose fair and square.  Call it poor sportmanship or sore losers.  It's actually kind of sad.

If I see suspected accounts, I report them.  Sometimes they get removed sometimes not, but I don't go around accusing anyone of running the ones proven to be clones, because I can never be really sure, and I would never hurt any player that way.  It's just not something I would want to do.

I've seen people hounded off the RK forums with OOC attacks that were unrelenting, and that's a very sad thing.  Then the fact they withdrew under massive personal attacks was used as further "proof" they were guilty.  Now that's really pathetic.  To hurt people until they can't take it anymore, and after they gave up defending themselves piling on even more.  I really feel sorry for anyone that desperate to "win" in any game.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:09 pm

+1 Spring Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikhail_216
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:29 am

It's a more question of the admins time and time again being incredibly inconsistent with their own rules I'm not going to take the admins word on shit until they either get their act together and stick to the rules they write or the game changes hands, let's take something recent that group that colony jumped I think last year or the year before I lose track of time, if they followed the rules in their judgement they should've all been eradicated but they weren't the admins did their own thing, now imagine rk if the admins were to remove all clones the game would be a lot smaller then it is now you could probably get the active population of Ireland into a single town, to be honest with cloning (and most things) you can usually find out who's behind it quite easily, just ask yourself. Who benefits? Also video semi-related, although cloning leaves evidence when it gets out of hand and doesn't take much skill / internet knowledge to investigate, so it's not just McCarthyism level screaming it is possible to join the dots and get answers.

Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 am

And yet obrien is still around.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 am

I suppose I see it differently to most, instead of asking who benefits, I ask how it harms my character.  Most of the time, it doesn't, so I don't really care if people do decide to have more than the officially 'allowed' five characters, and lets face it, that is what the admins have allowed with the 'account sharing' idea.  Personally, I see nothing wrong if a person gets bored with one character, yet doesn't want to lose the work they have put into it, so they start a connection share character somewhere else to try something different.  I play more than one game where you are allowed to be more than one character, granted you can't play the characters simultaneously, but you can exchange items between them.  I quite like that I can play the same game but with a different character (we all know there are different classes of character with different skills). I know that most people on RK don't do that and most likely choose to have different characters to 'spy' or benefit in some way, but I am allowed to be an idealist if I want to be.  If people choose to cheat and so disrupt the balance in the game (me being generous here and assuming this mythical balance does exist) that is when intervention is required.   Shouting on the forums that someone is a clone is metagaming at best and childish pouting at worst.  I am always of the belief that if you suspect cheating, then report it.  If the game developers don't find evidence of it or they just don't care, then it's their problem.  It's not up to the players to police a game.
Back to top Go down
Darkness
Commoner
Darkness

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:42 am

+1 Bekah
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:15 am

5 minutes of looking - here are obvious English clones....created for the Devon navy:

Danoguz
Doghouse.Riley
Fate
Flyingbrian
Kyleb273
Pom Api
Sasobaz
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
Mikhail_216
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

I can understand your point Bekah on some levels agree others I have to disagree they can close a lot of doors towards characters and seriously limit development the most obvious example being the outcome of conflicts, anything political because democracy, but that's sort of where minor characters come in... If you can overlook the now prominent stigma of them being used to troll, bait, flame and humour they're pretty damn handy for off-setting boredom, especially if you can establish them well enough and get around to re-writing them, like for example I've got card who I usually dump in an gort or whenever I come across a festival, between his stealing of things and his mute mimicry it's quite fun, and regarding calling people on clones... EHHHHH It's quite a hard one to call on if or not it's metagaming, if you think of cloning when I mean 5 minute played clones like an OOC action that has IC consequences to begin with since they aren't established but exist and affect the world effectively stacking the deck. Let's take my favorite model of this, let's say I have county x which has 200 people in it, then there's county y which has 200 people + 50 clones both of similar activity, just by existing those clones cause a massive imbalance between the two communities since they can act more coordinated not to mention mines and more production on a general level, there's also less disputes and less interaction with existing entities.

I started writing this then stopped and can't remember where I was going, really bad habit of mine, may edit later.
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Celsius tolerates clones because:

* They know that people with clones increases the number of minutes/clicks on their website, which increases ad revenues and the potential for addiction/token purchases.
* They know that people with clones care more about the game and are more loyal, which increases ad revenues and the potential for addiction/token purchases.
* They know that people with clones will go to great lengths to hide the fact that they have clones, which increases ad revenues and the potential for addiction/token purchases.

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mikhail_216
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:48 pm

I've always thought the token one to be a bit of a myth, I can see the logic behind it but it would also push a lot of people away.. In my head at least.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 2:42 am

Gotta say ... feeling vindicated. Taken six years but yeah.

Good luck to the players of Ireland and I hope you get to enjoy playing in Ireland without the Laighean clones.  Apologies to those who found the clones useful, but I had to have one more crack at getting them eradicated. Probably if there hadn't been an intern at Celsius, it would have been ignored :p

Those wondering about why Spring didn't get eradicated too ... I left her name and the name of her partner off the list I gave to Celsius, focusing instead on the cloned accounts.  :p
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:26 am

So you're taking credit? LoL

Cool by me :-)
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Right on Beth! No qualms here, I know myself at one point had sent in a list years ago (I'm sure many have) but with nothing ever coming from it and all of us being told at one point by admin on there that everything was legit...well, kinda gave up.

Are there numbers to how many were actually eradicated?
Back to top Go down
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner
TheMightyTrooper

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 pm

I thought someone recorded the pre and post populations, but I can't remember where :S
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:01 am

Quote :
I took a look at the numbers (taken off the "Potential voters" in "Info on towns in the kingdom" so numbers might be a little off from actual) but it breaks down this way.

County Pre- 321 Post- 203
An Caiseal Pre- 66 Post- 62
Port Lairge Pre- 82 Post- 81
Cill Chainnigh Pre- 80 Post- 26
An Tinbear Mor Pre- 44 Post- 25
Ceatherlach Pre- 49 Post- 9

Last edited by Dyson on 10 Sep 2015 05:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 12:23 pm

You know it helps me sleep at night is that the average person has no say in policy in the real world.

Like convincing people that just because you and your 4 friends are having a blast and working hard and making your little community thrive, it has no bearing on how feasible it is economically and otherwise. Every time I hear the argument that small towns are good for Ireland, I cringe for the future of this game (if it has any). What it means is that you think because you managed to make 4 friends in a town and scrap by a positive treasury that hovers constantly around 0 that it has any hope of surviving the minute one of the 4 active people has to leave for a week or two.

I think everyone is scared of losing their status quo in their towns. We're so resistant to change biologically that people would rather continue to spiral towards what is clearly bad for them just because they're comfortable with the status quo (I'll let you ask the fattest man in the world how he became the fattest man in the world).

If this attitude continues, it'll continually be easier for 1 person with 10 clones to dominate towns and counties. Or shit, at this rate, you and 5 of your closest friends (read:"shared connections") can take the average Irish town. All because every shitty little mayor doesn't want to lose their little project.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Thanks Fran!

+1 Tare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: RK :: Ireland :: Irish OOC-
Jump to: