AuthorMessage
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny stuff. - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 am

Again, some people of Galloway and their ideas about the laws. Back to 1456 Razz

Michelle_macale wrote:
Last one Calum.

Also added in a few things that i thought were maybe missing...additions in blue and rearranged a few others.

This section should either be posted separate in law thread or in its own thread in public chambers.

Quote :
These laws are for the mayors to enforce only if they want to in their town.

-Grant Law
Interfering with grant transfers being undertaken on [ insert town name}market place is considered unlawful.

1. Beginning a Grant transfer, you are expected to inform the mayor of this either via ingame/forum mail or posting in the Grant transfer thread in the {insert town forum name} . Failing to do so may result in the lost of grant items.

2. When contacted via ingame or forum mail for purchasing item/s that are part of a grant transfer, you are expected to return the item at the purchase price in a timely manner.

3. Placing personal item/s on the market at a high price, hoping that a grant transfer character buys them is unfair practise.

Failing to rebuy the item/s when asked will see you charged in the court of law.

**Grant transfer thread here { link}

Hoarding:
The act of buying more than half of a single type of good on the market in a town, or buying a quantity of goods in order to artificially raise the prices on the market. Recommended punishment includes: Public Apology, Light Fine.

Tax Evasion:
The evading of paying taxes to the Town past the deadline when the individual in question has the funds to. Recommended punishment includes: Public Apology, Light Fine, Medium Fine, Heavy Fine, Light Jail.

Tavern Fraud:
Any tavern owner who collects payment on a meal providing no food (whether advertised as such or not), or collects payment on a meal providing a lesser amount of food than advertised. Recommended punishments include: Public Apology, Light Fine.

Market Mining:
The act of buying more than twelve (12) units of a single type of good on a County-controlled market each day. Larger transactions must be approved by the mayor in which the market resides OR; announced by both parties as a public contract. Recommended punishment includes: Public Apology, Light Fine.

Market Speculation:
The act of buying a good off one market and putting the same good back on the same market for a higher price, regardless of whether the goods that went up were those bought or not. Recommended punishment includes: Light Fine, Medium Fine, Heavy Fine, Light Jail.

Wool Autobuy.

1. The wool autobuy cannot be turned off therefore it must not be used without first seeking written approval of the elected and seated Mayor.

2. People found to be using the Autobuy without written consent from the Mayor will be prosecuted. Only the Mayor can decide the terms of trade, and the Mayor's decision will be final. **

3. The Penalty for using the Autobuy option without consent from the Mayor will be considered under the penalty guidelines for Fraud and accordingly, it will range from a fine and/or jail time depending on the severity of the sale, and if a repeat offender. Repeat offenders will be tried accordingly.

4. When reporting the crime, please include the amount of wool sold and the amount of pounds lost and a copy ( screenshot) of the town hall records.

** Both parties, the seller and the Mayor, must include permission in all correspondence dealing with the sale of goods to the auto-buy, so that it can be publicly posted in the Mayor office in the town forum. Also, Failure to agree to Mayor's terms will cause the request to be denied and possible charges raised against the seller.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Degas changed the name again.

Miles.teg wrote:
Dry, Whitesnow, nothing more than an English, failed criminal, cannot wit to hang you the nearest tree again, and I will twice enjoy hanging your trollope Angeljoy. In the end you are nothing but criminal dirt and should be treated by such, by anyone who has a brain.

Miles.teg wrote:
Maybe the moron Luckyone should fall on his sword? As well of the rest of those retarded Fury, an add Swampi, Telcara ans the rest of the hypocrites. I say we kill them so many times we get them down to null.

Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Angel has more class than most in RK. And I say most because I don't know everyone.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Awwww thank you El! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:36 am

Yeah, that's because she's so old. Razz

ETA:
Rothar.i wrote:
Stand tall Scotland, No one likes Bullies

Best way to beat bullies is knock'em down. Smile

Who is a less of a man/women to fight, are we not a country
worth fighting or saving for. We all need to co-exist but Fury
have bullied us, robbed us, insult all of us. We not need them as
our Kin. We need them on the executioners block.

Isn't it time well all fight together we owe it for Future Scotland.
Who will march against Fury, will it be Galloway and Glasgow.
We count on your strength and courage we all need to stand tall together
and stand united. Let us bleed the Fury, and strike them where they stand.

I'm giving everyone what you always wanted from your King.
I'm calling each Scot to strike down Fury followers likewise the NNGO too.

I will not rest as your King in my vigilance, I will not stand still
for this outrageous slur against our fine people to continue.

With heavy heart the bravery of a Scot is measured
not in politics but on the battlefield.
It's high time that Scotland accepts we are fighting for
Scotland's Soul. " Please don't be so free in giving it away ".

"ONE SCOTLAND STANDS TALL" - OUR TWO GREAT COUNTIES
"LET US UNITE DO THIS TOGETHER"

War makes peace, we didn't ask for Scotland to be
bullied by pompous arrogant band of robber's, cutthroats.

Fury say rest of Scotland is governed weak, gutless and people too.
They say they got Scotland wrapped around there pinky finger
just as the NNGO would tell you the same thing.

Sick and tired of it all, it is your right to get your country back.
Please demonstrate your discontempt for Fury, your resentment
they have made a mockery of our core believes, values,
ethics as a nation they harbor sadness dispair and fear.
Roth makes an impassionate plea to Clans who readily oppose the Fury let us all unite
against our enemy, rise up and steal there thunder and applause.

Roth raises his Sword, into the air, down with the tyrants.
Down with oppression, and down with Fury/NNGO in Scotland.
We owe the likes of them, nothing at all we already paid years of neglect.

Long live the King !!!
Those who fight, for your freedom, gather your sword, shields, and soldier kits.

We march now !!!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:01 am

wtf did nngo ever do to scotland anyway?

never met the guy, but he sounds like an ass.

english are laughing at scotland, sinking scottish trade ships right off your shore; and the king wants to start a civil war over it? what a goon. Razz

really wonder what this guy will do when he has no one left to complain about Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:21 am

A king that shouts: "long live the king" then it looks like there is nobody else interested in shouting that lol
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 am

*Stabs Terra*

I just woke up and read that, and truly laughed out loud. Laughing Rothar has always been a big supporter of the English and even supported the Frets.

Though his style is to make these ridiculous statements and then run away for a week or two. Wink
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:44 am

The reason why Flaith always wanted to be LL is revealed.

Flaithbheartach wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
Just on a side note when did Kerr become a clan? I was under the impression they've yet to meet the requirements...

The Lord Lyon and the Duchy of Galloway both recognise the legitimacy of the Clan Kerr, since the former has referred to them as a Clan, hence giving tacit consent, and the latter has granted them representation in its government as a Clan. Please, this thread is clearly OOC.

Some drama:

Moss. wrote:
Moss stands looking over the Galloway inn, a tear in her eye. She has always been an honest person. All sides demand she lie to the people of Galloway. She can not any more lie to the people she sees.

"Residents of Galloway lend me your ear. This is the final time I shall speak in these halls. This is the final time you shall hear my call. Our nation lays a bitter wasteland of generations past. Still by the humble talents of a few, we battle, gash, and scrape our way to every desperate grasps of perceived power forced upon us by those who believe they may control destiny!

Most leaders speak words to you that are unjust, and just not true. They will paint an image of themselves, that hold no truth. I have not been innocent of this claim either. To those whom have been closest to me you may ask of the truth. Regardless of our pasts they know I am a good person. They know I always try to do the right thing, and more importantly. They know I have been suffering in agony to what to do with myself. Having been repressed in speaking openly and honestly. Having been threatened of all civil rights, of life itself. I can no longer tolerate this.

We wallow in personal pride, words fed to us by people with alternative dreams, people who have lost sight of the people, and only think of themselves and what they want. I am faced with the same struggles. Only unlike a coward I am honest, and let you see my internal struggles. It is not with great regret, or remorse I have made a decision. In knowing what Galloway's hope for a future is.

Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the revolutionary spirit and go into a sometimes hostile world declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism, and militarism.

On this day of January 29th of the year of our lord 1460, I Moss. do here by raise up my silver sword for Galloway, and lay down my position in council. The reasons vary greatly but mostly do not vary at all. In this I know I am righteous in my endeavor, as unlike a few, I shall not drag Galloway into my battles. I move now to liberate every Scot from the clutches of tyranny and gain them their freedom!

Stay neutral Galloway. Stay surviving. You have a choice, being part of a dictatorship who will own you, or being free! I choose to be free!"

Moss turns again to do what she had promised since her first days here. She had a show to catch. Legends of the world all came forth, all came to Galloway, all gathered. Now this is how legends are born, not in an office pretending unity. Not in an office playing with tyranny. Not in an office pretending perfection. Not in an office attempting to remove the rights of the people. Not in an office claiming ownership of free men. No man is with out imperfections, but what man admits it?

Moss leaves to fight for the peoples rights.

Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:55 am

Someone sent me this from the London Commons...

Launcelot wrote:
But let's not pretend that I went and changed my spots. I hated NNGO and Fury long before I stopped taking over towns. I was just never in a potential position in which I could have taken the fight to them. I AM horribly outnumbered, ya know. But as King, I wouldn't have been. I may or may not have actually 'initiated' a fight with them... But I'd certainly have killed them if I'd been given half a chance.

But just those 'bloody foreign criminals'. Our homegrown variety can be quite charming.

Prut wrote:

Quote :
I AM horribly outnumbered, ya know. But as King, I wouldn't have been. I may or may not have actually 'initiated' a fight with them... But I'd certainly have killed them if I'd been given half a chance.

Is dragging a whole country down with you in your spite and grudges not a bit over the top? You being so much in love with England and all.

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:
Actually Prut dear, although I am glad he didnt get to be King last time out, had he got there and had he initiated war against NNGO or Fury he wouldnt have been dragging anyone down he would have been leading this nation onto to glory and victory.

Despite all of your and others like you attempts to convince the English we are incapable of taking these organisations down we are more than capable of doing so.

It is of course all a public relations battle that goes on continually but England has more than enough resource and manpower to obliterate both organisations.
What we have always lacked is the dedicated leadership, always losing sight of the glory of nationhood and descending into petty power grabbing which was crippling when we had 9 councils ! Its still a politically charged land with just 4 but I have seen interesting developments recently that suggest were finally beginning to unite and as that glue sets stronger the danger from your mates grows weaker.

After a most succesful term our current King Faheud has shown us what good honest and true leadership can achieve, our navies are now capable of taking the fight to the high seas and Capone can no longer assume safe passage for his and his allies vessels.

Death to the NNGO and their arse licking Fury puppets, death to everything they stand for Tyranny and Greed.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:48 am

Good, if they're talking about "unity" that pretty much means nothing did change and nothing is going wrong.

L leading the war - that would be quite funny to see. Especially the reaction of english once he would get bored (3-4 weeks) and would dissapear Smile
Back to top Go down
swampi
Commoner
swampi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 am

Quote :
fter a most succesful term our current King Faheud has shown us what good honest and true leadership can achieve, our navies are now capable of taking the fight to the high seas and Capone can no longer assume safe passage for his and his allies vessels.

their king seems to have them very decieved Laughing
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 am

Smudger wrote:
Stand erect Scotland, No one likes Floppyness

Best way to beat that problem is to keep on beating it!

Who is a less of a man/women to not help their fellow man in lovemaking, are we not a country
worth loving or lusting for. We all need to have fun but Fury
have tuckerd all out from going at it like rabbits. We need them to help us make kin
. We need them on the bedside table!.

Isn't it time well all beat it together we owe it for Future Scotland.
Who will make love to Fury, will it be Galloway and Glasgow.
We count on your strength and courage we all need to stand erect together
and stand united. Let us cover the Fury, and love them where they stand.

I'm giving everyone what you always wanted from your King.
I'm calling each Scot to make love to Fury followers likewise the NNGO too.

I will not rest as your King in my vigilance, I will not stand still
for this outrageous lack of fun against our fine people to continue.

With heavy heart the bravery of a Scot is measured
not in politics but on the technique of his lovemaking!
It's high time that Scotland accepts we are fighting for
Scotland's Soul. " Please don't be so free in giving it away ".

"ONE SCOTLAND STANDS ERECT" - OUR TWO GREAT COUNTIES
"LET US UNITE DO THIS TOGETHER"

Make love not war, we didn't ask for Scotland to be
creamed by a band of dashing men and charming women.

Fury say rest of Scotland is up for sexy times and the people too.
They say they got Scotland sucking their pinky finger
just as the NNGO would tell you the same thing.

Exhausted from doing it all night long you may be , but it is your right to get your engine going again.
Please love for Fury, your desire for sexy times
they have made passionate love to our core believes, values,
ethics as a nation they harbor good wine, beds and food.
I make plea to Clans who readily love Fury let us all unite
, rise up and make love to there thunder and applause.

I raise my pork Sword, into the air, down with the non love makers!
Down with floppyness, and up with Fury/NNGO in Scotland.

Long love the King !!!
Those who love, for your freedom, gather your pork swords, lamb intestine shields, and soldier kits.

We love now !!!
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 pm

God I love Smudger.
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Nothing like an erect man. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
smudge
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Aha, been looking for a copy of that, censors seem to have removed the original.

Repost time!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

well done sir, well done.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am

Moss. wrote:
Over the last two months, hundreds of Glasgow residents have come to the outspoken against Fury people. They have come in person, or sent private mail. They have whispered in taverns for long hours. They have begged for help in eliminating the Fury and their suffering to the Fury oppression.

An oppression no one in Scotland can deny. All of these people have been documented, and heard. I will not reveal their identities until such time as the threat is neutralized. I imagine by then they will reveal themselves.

You speak of defending your brother Scots, but you have them so fearful for their lives and well being they can not publicly speak. You have them feeling so option-less that they must seek outside aide.

Outside aide that has come to their request. Months of a show more powerful than any spoken word. Now is your chance to prove it. The court cases only prove why your own people are feeling so hopeless.

Will you truly stand with your fellow Scot in removing the oppression that has them begging for help from outsiders? Will you stand with them, when the majority of Glasgow population has come forward begging for life that is Fury free?

If there would be at least hundred of unhappy people, would we stand a chance there ? lol!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:47 am

Moss. wrote:
Consider my words to be coming to Glasgow then. Smile

*Wiggles her fingers*

Don't you see me there yet? Man the shadow manipulations are great! Where am I? Am I in Galloway? Am I in Glasgow? Am I in Arden? Am I in the capital? Laughing

Just wait and see, but the best part of it all is that I learned, if you leave open the world while you sleep, it doesn't effect the shadows coverage.

Wait and see! It's rather cool. Wink So I can jabber until I am blue in the face, waltz this way and that, and nothing will reveal me. Wink

Seriously I am in Girvan. or am I? Laughing Did ya know some people can see French taverns, Irish taverns, and Scottish ones on an instant whim? Wink

I was told this from one of your mates, who told me all about his wonderful travels. Smile This said I have failed nothing, your fear end is showing though. Wink

Hebrin sweety I am told you used to be such an intelligent individual, with such great honor. Where did it go? Just because forces of the world come together for one purpose, and that is to remove Fury/Nngo. Does not mean Glasgow will be harmed. This is already proven by the fact Galloway has not been harmed.

In fact all the world forces have come together in mutual agreement, to remove Fury/NNGO, and give the good people of Glasgow their county back. For it to be their decision of what to do with it.

Not that of Fury/NNGO, not that of the Frets, not that of the English, and not that of mine. They bring for economic benefits for after the victory. Not selfishness hiding in their houses like cowards.

They do bring freedom, and choices. Again with honor. This is promised to the good people of Glasgow. The people of Glasgow will stand more of a chance to have everything they should, to recover from this long unhealthy fury occupation.

Simply put if Fury and your voices cared so much for Glasgow people. Well you wouldn't be here fighting, you would be helping them pack their bags, and sending them to their true home. Adding on their banishment from Glasgow for ever.

The desolate lands of Ireland. Speaking of the Irish.

😉 I hear they are having an amazing and wonderful festival in this moment. It really would seem to be a beautiful thing for you and your NNGO/Fury girlfriend to go visit. Might do both of your healths wonders...

...I know it seems wonderful. If it wasn't for the fact I have obligations to hundred. I might even go. Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:06 pm

that chick is batshit stupid Razz
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:09 pm

lol the whole world uniting against fury/nngo lol

what kind of freak thinks england and part of galloway is the whole world Razz
Back to top Go down
Goblindad
Squire
Goblindad

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:14 pm

anto_capone wrote:

Everyone who lives there? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Goblindad wrote:
anto_capone wrote:

Everyone who lives there? Rolling Eyes

LOL Razz

so true
Back to top Go down
swampi
Commoner
swampi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Tanissa wrote:
I will not I allow myself, despite being resident in Scotland for six months, to write in the poll.

I would be too partisan.

And I have to Ardencaple residence in Glasgow.

Tod_Whitesnow did that, but I do not think that his vote should be valid. He also lives in Glasgow. And I think he too is too interested Wink

Two words for this Fury's guy:

He says that he met us on a node of Galloway with the army:

Is right.

But what was he doing on that node, along with his group of friends of robbery?

Funny stuff. - Page 36 Todt

He was probably preparing to steal some of your citizens.

Unfortunately for him, and for your good fortune, found himself in front of our army. It had to renounce his lucrative projects.

He says that we are the Italians Fury.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

We do not betray the trust of those who help us.

Never.

We do not attack people for no reason, we have a code.

We arrived in Scotland in August, to build our ships. The price was good, and six months ago there were many liv 4 ports from which to choose.

For us, Scotland and England were unknown countries, where we expected to meet with the reception that we have found for over a year traveling throughout Europe.

Unfortunately we have met the Fury in Glasgow.

What happened in August in Ardencaple harbour you all know.

The Fury think of stealing from people who were bent and they would go. They're used to doing this. They do this all the time with Galloway. Threaten, leverage the fear and they win without even unsheathing a sword.

But for once they have met different people:

The fretalians, as here in Scotland you have called us (and continue to do well, we like this name now, it belongs us Very Happy).

In our code is also written that we must always defend their rights, that evil can be redeemed once, but if it continues to be crushed.

Without remission, without fear, persistently.

Now, citizens of Galloway, you can choose:

If you help us in this war against criminals who think they are entitled to lay down the law even in your land. These criminals that they are slowly gaining ground in Galloway.

If helping the poor and crying Tod and his friends (when he will return her ass on the nodes to do the bully, you do not too much commotion for him).

If you stay out of this conflict, which for us is a matter of honor.

Your Duke says he is offended by the quiet passage of our army.

But it is left to be bamboozle by that of Swampi, that moved from town to town deriding him public. (and to think about what happened to Whithorn, assault the town hall just in those days, I pray you open your eyes, and were guard, the same thing could happen in another one of your cities).

Take care of your beautiful county.

And do not worry, we are not a threat to you.

For me, the word is holy.

Fury would have to believe also, when at the beginning of all this, even when you could fix things between us, I told them that we would not have given up ever to do justice.

Unfortunately, they thought I was joking. But I never speak empty, when I promise, when I menaces.

there is vote in galloway wheteher to fight or not for glasgow

it seems to be sayong shove it to em
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:28 pm

I got on today... and what the fuck.. 100s of Glaswegians are oppressed? Did you have a bad dream or what... lulz...

I have to say I think its ridiculous to even have a public vote on this and for councilors to stand up and say that they will follow the public's votes even if it goes against their own will. What the fuck..? Doesn't anyone have balls or at least a back bone?!

I'm sick and tired of this crap. How will trying to get rid of Fury improve Scotland in any way when its Fury that keeps Glasgow going? Some people just can't take a step back and see the bigger picture out of character. Making 'good' people quit the game? Is this the same 'good' people we're talking about that would not have code for armies, revolts, robberies etc in the first place or what? Laughing Time to remember some 'bad' guys who aren't with us anymore too.

(posted this in Highlands Hall)

Telcara. wrote:
Isn't it funny that Glasgow's mines are providing an income and we have never had shortage of animals?

Galloway's mines barely provide anything and they have a constant fodder problem to be able to breed animals.

I'm not pointing this out as a Glasgow vs Galloway thing. I know both counties work hard to achieve and sometimes there are errors and things don't always go as planned.

I want to say this because YOU want to attack the scottish county which is actually doing well and has a sustainable economy. We are not out of debt I admit but the sum is manageable. A new council will be elected in 6 days, one which I will be part of. I had hoped it would be a time of peace and economic growth as we had looked for hard working people to get Glasgow back up. We are close. And then people knock on our doorsteps and say we deserve to die, have our towns pillaged and destroyed?

Helloooo?
Am I the only one who thinks this is a strange approach?
I have not talked to anyone in any tavern who has felt opressed by Fury.
In fact, the last days have had excellent tavern activity and lots of fun in Ardencaple with mixed people. We, the people of Glasgow have no issue with Fury. We don't need to be rescued thank-you-very-much. I'm not oprossed by Fury neither am I anyone's puppet. If I need to stand up and voice my opinion I will do so no matter who I am directing it to.

So please, shoo.

Barerose wrote:
I can say fer sure, that the same Activity, and general mind set is the Same in Glasgow City as well.

Here is a Bold Statement about Glasgow County......... We don't sit in the taverns and Secretly Hash out plans against anyone......... I know, it's totally not what you expect to hear about Glasgow huh.

You wanna know who is the busiest people in Glasgow are....... The Bartenders..... keepin' taverns stocked with ale is a 24/7 job in Glasgow County. IF you come up here..... and you aren't causing may-hem..... you are more then likely to leave with a Hang-Over and a list of Friends you thought you'd never have.
Scary..... I know.

In Gall'way, I see that near everyone is against everyone..... Towns are against Towns...... Towns are against the County...... and it's all to suport a few individual people's needs an' glory. "My Group/Town is going to be the Best"
If you come up to Glasgow, be prepared.......... because you won't see or hear that.

Rhyse wrote:
Glasgow did have a animal shortage for a while, that was back when all of the Scotland countries were huge into debt and they changed it around a bit so that we couldn't buy when we were in debt, so there were some times because of that we were short on animals until they changed it to how it is now that you can basically buy with straight pounds if needed. Fodder is still the better way to go, however that is also an option so that basically stopped all animal shortages.... if I remember that 100% correctly.. which probably isn't the case.

Either way the CC that was in term when the debts got erased set Glasgow up nicely so that there wouldn't be any animal shortages for any time soon.

Yes Glagow is in debt and is trying to get out of it. Coming from the TM office before I got switched to Sheriff for a bit we have been trying to get rid of the debt and did have some good trades that went through and some that didn't quite go through because of financing issues that I hope can get worked out for the next office. We did put a good dent into the debt, its not gone, but yes I think it could get taken care of eventually over the next few months with good CCs.

With all the plans to attack Glagow to get rid of Fury I don't see a point either. Fury is a group of people that like to do what they do, which some people do like and others don't. The problem with that as Hebrin was aslo trying to point out is currently they do not have a physical form. They do not have an army up or anything so any attacks on Glasgow are just attacks on Glasgow and nothing else. Most people will need to defend the towns which will mean less people in the mines and so on which will put the county into a larger debt.

What people fail to understand is those that are in Fury like Glasgow and keep that as their home and have helped the county a lot even though they are not liked. I don't believe they have attacked anything in Scotland for a while other than the Ayr stuff, which honestly both sides did stuff in and pretty much annoyed people on the other side of the county lines.

Lets say Glasgow goes up in a big ball of flames and so on for an example. The people that lived here are still going to be here and will just have to move somewhere else like those from Ayr were forced to. So even if you hate Fury and are from Scotland and are falling under the current category of wanting to get rid of Fury by attacking Glasgow I don't see your thoughts. The only outcome I see of that is Glasgow getting so messed up in the government that they cannot maintain themselves and it gets shut down like Ayr did and the only place left for them to move to would then be Galloway, which if that happens then those that hate Fury in Galloway are just shooting themselves in the foot because then they will have them living in the same county as mayors, part of the CC and so on, which I think is what they do not want.

So the best option is to help Glasgow stay how they are just like Glasgow needs to help Galloway stay how they are. We are 2 counties because people have different opinions and thoughts. The only way to make sure they stay separate is to make sure each part lives and survives.

Benfeniks wrote:
People, listen to what Rhyse say. We WILL invade your town and take over your County if you burn us, and you know what? You WILL take it, face down and LIKE it! Scary, huh?

Like THIS

Link removed by Fisher

.swampi wrote:
rothar wants glasglow closed
he does not care about it
he feels that if it gets closed we all will have to move to galloway upping therir population
plus if it is done like the prior closings
we have the better ports and they can get moved there saving them time and money

they hate fury so much because we are effecient in what we do and get it done right.
we do not talk idle threats either
Cool

Calum wrote:
Galloways mines gave us good income thank you very much we just kept pushing for more! At the moment it was due to negligence their shot, our fodder issue comes and goes. Just thought i would lighten up Galloways outlook

Wittingm wrote:
Aye, Lord Calum, both Counties face their own challenges. They each have their own strengths, and their own weaknesses. The strengths are incompatible, and the weaknesses each irritate the other County, hence the lack of unity in all things save war.

I think that's the point that Telcara is making, and that Rhyse emphasized: to each their own, live and let live. That's the Highland way and, I hope, the Scottish way. It won't lead to world domination, but having seen some of the world I can say that dominating it is hardly worth the effort. If you're happy with what you've got, why try to force your cousins, your neighbors to change their ways? If you're not happy with what you've got, well, change starts at home. Take care of your own house, and let the others deal with theirs.

Here's to our cousins in Galloway! We may not agree on politics, but I'll never deny the ties of blood. If a Scot has need, Scots will answer.

Milisa wrote:
"Help. Help. I'm being oppressed." The lass could not help but glare in the direction of the courtroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next