AuthorMessage
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

Questions about DDO Empty
PostSubject: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:20 am

Ask 'em here Smile This game rocks and we love to have new people come play with us!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Clerics ... made a cleric alt a couple days ago and am starting to feel my way about with her. Picked up some scrolls as loot and noticed that some could be used by clerics. Can clerics also make scrolls?

(and a woot for ddo - highly addictive, great game!)
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 pm

no one can make scrolls, no Smile

clerics are tough for me, but jill loves em, she has a lvl 17 cleric Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:48 pm

anto_capone wrote:
no one can make scrolls, no Smile

clerics are tough for me, but jill loves em, she has a lvl 17 cleric Smile

Ahhh! That explains the fruitless search for an answer then Laughing

Expect more clueless questions from me soon!
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:02 am

Clerics are tough to play at first because it's a support position.. but an indispensable one. You'll never have a hard time finding a group because everyone loves the clerics.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:32 pm

No doubt about that. I always have a cleric hireling in my inventory. My barbarian is oddly delicate (she can give a beating, but doesn't heal too fast).
I guess to keep in vein with the thread, I can't wait for half orcs! Any ideas of when that is happening?
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:42 am

Half-orcs are supposed to be out in Update 7. I think they're going to be a pay-to-play race. Anto tells me Update 7 is supposed to be out at the earliest next month.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 am

Awesome. I haven't paid for a toon yet, and will have no qualms with doing so for a Half Orc. Should be fun!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:18 am

Question for those who've bought adventure packs - which ones are the 'must have' packs at lower levels, i.e. the most fun.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 am

Must have?

Hmm, I would say Deleras Graveyard for starters, I think it is a 5-10 level quest line with arguably one of the best end rewards you can get (voice of the master).

Tbh, out of all the packs that I have, there isn't one that I don't like. But, I have to say that necropolis part 1 is the one I run the least amount of all, just so happens. Seems by the time I remember it, I've already leveled past it.

Tangleroot Gorge is a good and fun one, 3 Barrel Cove has a little bit of everything and is one of my favorites.

I still don't have Sharn Syndicate, Devil Assault, or the new Carnival adventure packs as far as low levels go, but they will have to wait until I farm out the higher level content now. Smile

I'm sure others will post their favorites up soon as well.

P.S. I always wait for the packs to go on sale (20-50% off saves a lot of grinding!)

Also, a lot of people do all the lower level quests, and think they've run out of free quests. There are literally around 100 free quests ranging all levels.

Start with Korthos, then go to Harbor, then go to Marketplace, then go to the houses (Deneith, Kundarak, Jorasco, Pharlain) and they all have free quests. Also, some quests only become available to you once you reach a certain level, like quests in the Twelve Enclave.

I'll make another thread with a detailed list of free quests.

Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:27 am

Packs I most recommend from low to high level

Delera's - good XP, can get the Voice of the Master trinket as end reward which gives you +5% to all XP when equipped
Gianthold - good XP, fun to run around in, has a raid
Sands of Menechtarun - good loots, fun to run around in, easiest to farm when you're low on cash, has a raid
Vale of Twilight - Greensteel items (craftable items which you can make uber-awesome; still learning about it myself but Dee and Bella know a fair bit about it)
Reaver's Reach - Dragontouched armor - haven't bought it myself yet (waiting for it to go on sale) but you can't make Greensteel armor so I wants me some Dragontouched armor

One of the first packs Anto and I got was Catacombs which we both still enjoy running. I would say if you only want to get one or two then go for Delera's first; the XP and end rewards are way better. Catacombs is just a fun run. I like undead Razz
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:50 am

Making a note of the recommendations, thanks ^^

Also thanks for the 'free to play' thread regarding favour and turbine points. I picked up the additional backpack after being thought reliable by one of the patrons (forget who right now). Are there any further rewards like that for achieving a particular level of favour to look forward to?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:04 am

They all have their own rewards, not all are as useful as more inventory space Wink

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Favor

There is a good link to see the rewards for each house/patron Smile
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:00 pm

The ones Jill has said are great, another one I've had fun in is the Inspirational Quarters... they have some great loot in there

Necro 4 is good too as you get that helm with hp and heavy fort

One I didn't like was the Threnal pack... I really wouldn't get it if asked
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:34 am

Beth wrote:
Question for those who've bought adventure packs - which ones are the 'must have' packs at lower levels, i.e. the most fun.

My top five P2P (pay to play) lower and mid-level adventure packs (your mileage may vary):

Level 5: Delera’s Tomb (the first really good loot you come across in the game, great XP, fun times)
Level 10: The Vault of Night (fun quests and nice XP, ending in battling one huge red dragon - with sweet loot)
Level 10: The Demon Sands (best overall farmable loot in the game, huge explorer area, plus epic content at level 20)
Level 12: The Ruins of Gianthold (giants and dragons and loot - oh my!)
Level 14: The Vale of Twilight (greensteel and piles o' loot, though Coalescence Chamber is universally detested - hehe)

Here is a good link to check out: Review of all adventure packs. I agree with the reviewer that Necropolis 2 is the worst.
You can also go VIP and then you'll have access to all packs (as long as you keep paying your monthly fee). afro

P.S. I own all of the packs and reached level 5 quickly. I only played the lowest-level P2P packs (other than Delera's Tomb) once or twice. I now have "veteran status", which means I can start a character at level 4, rendering those packs useless to me anyways. There is enough F2P (free to play) content to easily get you to level 5 (and then you can start buying the packs I mentioned above). Even though DDO is F2P (and can get you to level 18/20), just like everything else in this big blue world you get what you pay for. And the fact is that the P2P content is superior to F2P content. Just my 2 cents worth... Wink

Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:10 am

ÃŽ ended up getting the catacombs, tangleroot and delera's to start with so I have some variety when going through the lower levels. I've a lvl 3 cleric and also started a rogue and it'll be nice to not have to farm out the xp on the harbour quests so much to advance them ^^
Keeping the recommendations in mind for the higher levels and holding back for now in the hope that they'll be on sale at some point before I want them.

Yesterday was a learning experience.

1. I learnt that bonuses of the same type don't stack. This lead to a rejigging of my current gear as I was repeating some of the same bonuses such as the plus to strength.

2. Also learnt to read more carefully the prerequisites of enhancements before trying to respec! Totally missed the prereqs that some had for a certain number of points having to be used before they could be selected. That was an interesting hour.

Still loving the DDO =)
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

some great packs, i have those too so can run them with ya Smile

and dont feel bad about the learning curve, i learned about those two things the same exact way lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Same here... I just did a respec of the enhancements and feats on my level 17 cleric so I could have radiant servant I and II (the enhancement that lets a cleric have that healing aura).

When doing new builds, I now go back and forth between the builder and the compendium http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Category:Classes. Prestige enhancement paths are usually at levels 6 and 12 on most classes (some have a third level at 18). So basically, just find your class on the compendium list, then go down to enhancements and look at levels 6, 12, and 18... It'll tell you what the different paths are and what the pre-reqs are for each path.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:35 am

Noob question lol, but I know Dee or Bella can answer.. which pack is Amrath?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:26 pm

ArcaneJill wrote:
Noob question lol, but I know Dee or Bella can answer.. which pack is Amrath?

The Devils of Shavarath is the pack.

Amrath is the zone.

See you there! afro
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 am

Bella_catorina wrote:
Necro 4 is good too as you get that helm with hp and heavy fort

Yup - the classic Minos Legens helm - just got it on Davidleeroth.

Best headgear in the game until you can make a greensteel helm (and even then, I still think ML is the best).

Questions about DDO MinosLegens

Btw, once you hit level 9, you should really have a heavy fortification item somewhere on your toon.

Not having one is basically a death sentence at higher levels.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:06 am

How do you link items in chat?
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 pm

You type /g or /p depending on whether you want to send the link to the guild or a party and then you hover over the item and click CTRL + right-click on your mouse at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 pm

I can't create an account for MyDDO without creating a turbine account and i need a product code or that Crying or Very sad

Confused
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:11 pm

If you play DDO you already have your turbine account linked to a DDO product key. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about DDO
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next