AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

Questions about DDO - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Shroud question. At the end people usually have a ddoor up for those who don't wish to complete the raid.

What are the advantages of not completing the raid asides from not being on the timer? What are the advantages of completing the raid if you are already at lvl 20?
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:07 pm

It's basically just so that people can do several runs consecutively to farm for more materials. You get 2 chests with small mats, 2 with medium and 2 with large if you complete. Not completing, just means that you miss out on one large mat chest. It's a good way of getting your GS items up to tier 2 quickly.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Quote :
It's basically just so that people can do several runs consecutively to farm for more materials.

I'm being thick here, but what do you mean by consecutively. Are you just saying they can do more shroud runs without waiting on the timer because they haven't completed? Why not just recall from the raid?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:38 pm

because long ago, you could not recall; and had to use a ddoor to leave by the entrance of the quest. now, you dont need to ddoor really if you dont want to complete, but people are stuck in their ways.

personally, it is better to /death out or recall; because if you take the ddoor and someone hits the altar before you exit the quest the quest will complete and you will be unable to even get the chests.

if you are recalling, and someone hits the altar and completes the quest, you can simply cancel the recall or /death and at least get your chests Smile

but yes, if you do not complete the quest you will not get the final chests and miss out on a potential large ingredient; but you will not be on timer so you can run the thing again and farm the other chests in the quest (you can get larges out of the chest in pt 4).

in my experience, it is better to always complete though. 20 completions = very nice end rewards Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 am

And with that info, Beth swiftly began to farm the chests ... Very Happy

Got a nice variety of small and med ingredients and a few large, and ended the night with a completion. Was also happy to see shards dropping too as none of those appeared in chests for the first 3 runs of shroud that I completed on. I'll probably work that system for a while until I'm happier with my stash of ingreds. If I get too many I can start to sell them on the AH, or have a stash for guildies to dig into. Best thing though was getting more familiar with the raid due to quick successive runs =)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Beth's newbie question of the day time ^^

Did a VoD raid this morning with a laid back aussie guy leading. Good times. Before we hopped in he asked if anyone wanted to paint the orthons. I sort of understood what was meant by this - one person hits an orthon with a particular weapon to turn it blue then everyone smacks that mob. Rinse and repeat - yeah?

The question - What type of weapon does this wondrous thing and what effect is it having on the mob?
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 pm

improved destruction it what they use =)
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 pm

And the effect is -8 to the enemy's AC.

N.B. In the case of VoD, it's better for the Improved destruction weapon to be a one-handed weapon as Two-handed ones can accidentally hit another orthon and then you have 2 blue orthons, which can cause confusion.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:57 am

yea, but improved and regular destruction stack; so if you have one in each hand, and hit them with both; they get -12 AC Smile

-8 for improved, -4 for regular

cursespewing stacks the same as well
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Thank you all ^^ Good point, Zog. Unless I ever go TWF, I'll leave the painting to the others =)

But a new question! I was asked the other day if I wanted true seeing as a buff. I had no idea, but said 'sure' anyway. *grins*

Okay, so why is the true seeing buff a good one to have? Or is it fluff?
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:45 pm

True seeing lets you see where the target is, so if you have a target that uses blur or displacement or other such things, you can hit them as if they don't have that buff. In short, you can smack things more.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks Grace ^^ I've no idea why they ask me if I want the buff then, when it seems like such a useful one!
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 am

They are probably asking to see if you already have it. Some items (like Tharne's goggles) give it to you automatically. You also get it if you combine the Voice of the Master with the Worldshaper cloak.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Yes, probably.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:59 am

New Question!

Shroud part 4 - when someone dies, they are resurrected after the fight with harry. I hear someone counting down beforehand so I'm assuming something needs to be timed to achieve this. What is actually going on here? How is someone resurrected in this part of the shroud? ^^
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 am

You have about a 3-4 second window after the altar is hit where the person can be selected and raised. Other than this window the person can't be selected and the only way to raise them is to wait until they're raised with everyone else in part 5.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Yes and if you can raise dead (or have a clicky), then you need to stand out in the middle of the area where you killed Harry to target the dead people.

Generally the party agrees upon who is raising who because you only have one shot at it. Usually you can only raise one person, but I've seen experienced players raise two people before, although that is not the norm.

The word is given for someone to click on the altar, which activates the portal (of course, don't click on the portal or you will all die). It also gives a small window of time to raise the dead.

If I'm raising someone, then I typically target the dead person with the "F" (function) keys. Once the altar is clicked, the "F" key starts making a clicking sound (and the person's name turns white), and you know you have them targeted to send the rez.

And yes, you have just a few seconds to do it (to offer the raise and have someone accept it). If you (or they) hesitate, the rez will be lost.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:53 am

Cheers guys ^^
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 am

*Puts on the noob hat.*

How do I find my way out of Reaver's Retreat again? I wandered in, checked stuff out, did some slayers etc, but..... I gots to get out and I can't find my way. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am

ah yea, it is a pain in the ass Smile

there are some air jets in the very bottom on little islands in the water. use them to get blown up in the air and look for a green giant guy that is sitting there (the stormreaver)

talk to him, tell him to cast fly spell on you, then fly all the way thru the blue barrier in the ceiling.

it will port you to siber atoll, and the 'wavefinder' to take you back to the harbor is on your map, but its a sahagin that is underwater so can be a little tricky to find. Smile
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Laughing I don't feel so bad about not being able to figure it out now at least.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:43 pm

lol you shouldnt

something kinda funny tho:

my first time out there, i found the giant guy and had him cast fly on me. i spent a good 5 minutes flying around going 'weee' like a fucking idiot.

the whole time, i didnt realize that it was an open area instance and other people were in it...

and they were watching and staring at the drunken newb going 'weee' Embarassed

hehehe
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 pm

ROFL... Awesome. I pretty much did the same thing. I just had to go joy riding with the fly spell though. ^^ Knew it was an open instance, didn't care. We're all fairly high on the geek scale already for the DDO obsession so what's to be bothered about? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Teleport scrolls are awesome in Reaver's Refuge (or a Royal Guard Mask if you can't use scrolls).

Even with ship buffs available, I still see people death teleporting out there because it's such a pain in the ass to get there (and back). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Hey, i'm gonna start playing again and gonna start a fresh toon. Any advice on how to pick a build i'll like? (im not asking you to read my mind, just help me read it Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DDO   Questions about DDO - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about DDO
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next