Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.

Go down 
+34
Achilles_
Alessandra_oct
Tod_Whitesnow
WhiteSnow
Telcara
ArcaneJill
Ragehammer
Angeljoy25
Devin
Edrahil
Corinna
Aidan
Bekah
Mikhaila
Edwin
Motherlucka
Roxxane
Donnor
_Melissa.
Mick
Beth
Aalish
Magogh
Ziona
Zakku
Toasti Jen
Grace
Boris
Lance
anto_capone
Bellz
Sephrenia
Elois
Likaios
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 pm

How do you get forum points

I even BBQ a anteater in carlisle (in a RP) and put pics in and not a note.

Ed does not do much and gets hammered where is the justice.

Drags out a Cross for Ed to get on
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 pm

My first point was for arguing with Rothum. Second was for arguing with Aldicia.

Both took a long time. regret arguing with Rothum in hindsight, don't regret the other.

3rd was simply quoting Edwin. Which, to me, was just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Grace wrote:
WhiteSnow wrote:
Quote :
I think it's asking too much for a person that lives in the country mod without a mask.

Was done before actually. Before the masks were introduced.

I'm aware of that, and it was an issue not just because of bad censoring but because people can't separate. I mean, we have a boatload of players that can't even distinguish between character actions across RK/NK/SK if they are from the same player. It is really hard for too many people in RK to comprehend that the player and the character is not the same. I can just imagine the posts - "Oh sure, you tell me this post is bad, but you sure were terrible when you revolted the capital!" or some such idiocy. I do think it's better all around for the censors to be seen as outside the realm of gameplay a bit.

the censors are the ones who have the biggest problem with separating player/character. they will go after people their character has beef with more than others. this is harassment.

just got another violation for flaming on rk:

{Pygmy_Owl} wrote:
Quote :
To the player of anto_capone,

One of your posts in the "Senators flee state to avoid vote..." thread in the Off Topic Tavern and Lounge has been split and moved out of sight due to a violation of rule 4B.

Please remember that the Lounge is an OOC forum, and insults directed at players are simply not appropriate. It is best to avoid anything that could be interpreted as an insult to the player behind the character.

Thanks,

Pygmy

anto_capone wrote:
_leopold_ wrote:
And for someone coming to rob me of my meal. My home is an arsenal of swords and daggers, and a .357, so let the thief come.

lol i thought you had some intelligence until i saw this Laughing

Quote :
Rule 4: Flaming, Harassment and Baiting

Passionate and emotional Role Play can be the most interesting and exciting. This is to be encouraged and nurtured by players and censors alike. It must be remembered that real people with real feelings exist behind the Kingdom’s characters and therefore there is a limit to what can, should, and will be allowed. Rule 4, in tandem with the Roleplay Moderation protocols, defines what will be considered as excessive and actionable roleplay and out of character postings. This rule applies to all posts made on the Renaissance Kingdoms forums.

• A: Roleplay that reaches an excessive degree of harassment, insults, slander, flaming, uses vulgar language or is written for the express purpose of inciting anger or debasing another will be considered violation of Rule 4A.
  • B: Out of character insults, flames and harassment will not be tolerated under any circumstances and will be considered in violation of Rule 4B.
  • C: Bigotry is unacceptable. A players' real life race/ethnicity, sex/gender identity, age, religion/spirituality, sexual preference/orientation, nationality, socio-economic status, political affiliation, or disability may not be discussed and may not be ridiculed. Any posts or sections of posts of this nature will be considered in violation of Rule 4C.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Edwin
Commoner
Edwin

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Maybe we'll do a flashmob of some sort. Mailing each and every censor the same letter calling them idiots or something... I think it's high time the players start giving some back. If they will think of banning 50% of active forum players maybe they'll think twice...

Another idiotic censor scum mail above...
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 pm

LOL, you got so into that thread. And I was only posting to watch Paddy's brain go explodey. I was gonna try and stop ya, Anto, but then I said, nah. Razz
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:49 pm

People say stupid shit, all the time. I reserve the right to call it as I see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Still stupid for them to give you a point over that. So much worse gets ignored.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Grace wrote:
WhiteSnow wrote:
Quote :
I think it's asking too much for a person that lives in the country mod without a mask.

Was done before actually. Before the masks were introduced.

I'm aware of that, and it was an issue not just because of bad censoring but because people can't separate. I mean, we have a boatload of players that can't even distinguish between character actions across RK/NK/SK if they are from the same player. It is really hard for too many people in RK to comprehend that the player and the character is not the same. I can just imagine the posts - "Oh sure, you tell me this post is bad, but you sure were terrible when you revolted the capital!" or some such idiocy. I do think it's better all around for the censors to be seen as outside the realm of gameplay a bit.

Whats the matter: can the mods separate themselves from it and show the example ? At least back then I did know, that I'm being pressured by the mod that is the judge who hates criminals. Now while I wont brag nor list any names here, I do receive time to time info on that anyways. Its not a top secret, if I do know some, than definitely others do know some too.

On topic: Wombat is my favourite. Anteater would be the second. Panther(? << too long ago to remember exactly) would win the third place, but with my applauds for bringing lots of laugh Razz

Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 pm

I am a mod on here - it is no secret and haven't you all noticed how I am issuing bans all the time? *chuckles* it is possible to mod without a mask, but I have to say - it is hard to mod if you are in an area where you are active as a player. It is the same reason why doctors cannot treat family - you lose impartiality. I have had problems with the way I see some mods treating players, but there have been times where I have thought that players have pushed their luck. It doesn't matter if my opinion about that is right or wrong, but it does go to show that there are two sides to every story. What I see here is people moaning about when they have been told off (and it is never nice to be told you are wrong) but no-one saying when they haven't been told off or better yet, helped. The system is flawed, but then so are many systems (anyone want to burn speed cameras with me, cos I assure you, me driving ten miles over the limit is less dangerous than the old fart in front doing 30 and with no clue of where he is or where anyone else is) - there is good and bad in everything. It is the way of the world.
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:47 pm

{Wolfhound} wrote:
Dear James,

I am writing to you about your post in the FAQ.

James wrote:
More information on sheep can be found at their HQ http://kotp.forumotion.com/.

Whilst I appreciate you may be trying to make a witty remark, please remember the FAQ is an OOC area with the sole aim of helping people who are struggling. This comment was not suited to the FAQ as it is neither OOC or aimed to help. Hence, it has been split off for the time being whilst we review it.

I apologize for any inconvenience,
Many thanks,

Wolfie
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 pm

I got it on with a censor once, girl called snail. Quite a fun little RP, as I recall.

I had a dude called Penguin once apologise to me for asking me to apologise to another player. This was back in the old Lizzard rampage days, and it was for calling Springtime "The evil witch-queen of Ros". I also got into the soup with Muin for asking that she be "washed, and sent to my room". He got to be friends over that, but Springtime never acknowledged my apology. Penguin was cool about it, and we swapped mails in confidence. All the other censors I have ever seen have been pricks, and beneth contempt. I loathe them in the same way that I loathe traffic wardens.

However, I have to say, that despite all the flame-fests in which I have wallowed, all the Daubigny and Evan crap I have revelled in, all the sneaky cryptic posts (I once called Evan a Sad Cunt in the crossing by using the start letters of sentences), and even an eradication, I have still to be penalised with a single forum point.

One point: They seem to be blissfully unaware of transatlantic swearwords. Anybody whowishes to learn how to swear like a Brit, make your wishes known, and I can introduce you to the delight of the Berk and the Donald.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm

One day, I might decide to swear and insult someone in Doric. I'd do Glaswegian, but it's a little blunter >.>

Snail's a fun girl, knowing her she would do some fun bits of RP. Dory is fun when she's around as well actually Laughing
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 am

Snail is still around? I was told she had gone to the great French restaurant in the sky... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 am

Did anyone see that S-car go?

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 480_S-Car-Go-769045
Back to top Go down
Edwin
Commoner
Edwin

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:19 am

Badger has officially read this thread now:

Quote :

Thank you for the links. Quite alot of reading. Interestingly there seems to actually be interest in discussion from many of those involved there. If you do not wish to do, that is fine. My offer was sincere.

The main actionable suggestions seem to boil down to:
- Remove censoring/mods completely
- Remove censor masks

I'm not sure the first would be allowed/possible. LJS would just replace them...and then who would you get? The second could be done but I know well what happens next, player repercussion.

It is a good read though. Thank you.

Badger

That was after presenting me with a new offer on bans, buy one, get one free...

Whole discussion:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 am

{Badger} wrote:
Whitesnow wrote:
Why do you load us, when there is no real reason ? Forums were rather peaceful, when when you and company started to interfere.

About Camel: I asked _twice_ about the thread started by the mask, but got none response nor results. Masks arent allowed to take part in political discussions right ?

About HH: want to ban me - go on. I dont mind it, but please make some order there and remove some and irrelavant threads (stickied by you and co). Nobody's going to respect the mods, if you al continue to behave like that.
I see the challenge, Edwin does, Angel does - where does it all lead ? Why not to relax and give us some freedoms: especially when its a group that did stay in rk for years.

Excuse me for my english: Im Lithuanian.

Whitesnow,

What is the world are you talking about? Edwin has been contacting me as well. It seems that you all have created some sort of conspiracy in your heads. I have no clue what you are on about.

The rules were updated so that less OOC was allowed, even you all requested that. Is that what you are talking about? If so I can tell you with absolute assurance that we have gotten many thanks for making it so. Why would less OOC allowed bother you? You can do RP can't you?

Badger
Back to top Go down
Edwin
Commoner
Edwin

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:05 am

If he thinks anyone would form a conspiracy with BJB who says the same, he needs to see a doctor...
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 am

Edwin wrote:
If he thinks anyone would form a conspiracy with BJB who says the same, he needs to see a doctor...

Laughing Well, there's some who would on occasion but we just laugh at them later.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:30 am

WhiteSnow wrote:
{Badger} wrote:
Whitesnow wrote:
Why do you load us, when there is no real reason ? Forums were rather peaceful, when when you and company started to interfere.

About Camel: I asked _twice_ about the thread started by the mask, but got none response nor results. Masks arent allowed to take part in political discussions right ?

About HH: want to ban me - go on. I dont mind it, but please make some order there and remove some and irrelavant threads (stickied by you and co). Nobody's going to respect the mods, if you al continue to behave like that.
I see the challenge, Edwin does, Angel does - where does it all lead ? Why not to relax and give us some freedoms: especially when its a group that did stay in rk for years.

Excuse me for my english: Im Lithuanian.

Whitesnow,

What is the world are you talking about? Edwin has been contacting me as well. It seems that you all have created some sort of conspiracy in your heads. I have no clue what you are on about.

The rules were updated so that less OOC was allowed, even you all requested that. Is that what you are talking about? If so I can tell you with absolute assurance that we have gotten many thanks for making it so. Why would less OOC allowed bother you? You can do RP can't you?

Badger

They not only took out OOC, but IC as well, leaving only RP. What shall I do, place the back of my hand to my forehead each time I speak? Rolling Eyes I am Angel IC 99.9 % of the time and state when I go OOC. This is not good enough now, and I simply don't have the desire to try and change and adapt my character to their ways. And anyone who doesn't see the bias, doesn't because their nose is so far up the censor's bum.
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 pm

My favorite thread is the "yawn" thread we did during the PL wars. The censors were so oppressive that the only thing you could really do was "yawn". Just post yawn over and over in every thread. Who's to say it isn't roleplay?

R
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:10 pm

I think the new rules are stupid... I mean seriously... typing bella says...makes it all ok?

there is a difference between IC threads and RP threads. Any idiot should be able to tell the difference.I think the censors are bored. Forums are dead and they need something to do...
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 pm

wait a minute... now you have to write in the 3rd person for it to be considered role play or allowable on their nazi forums?

what a bunch of fucking idiots.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am

Not according to Badger Laughing
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 am

Camel's all over "gently reminding" things, when they are clearly ic. so I think Badger is the only one who doesn't think that way. Razz

I tried going to Camel with an issue in the past, mailed it a couple of times, never even got any reply whatsoever. Just sad, this whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next