AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny English Crap - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 am

And thats how England RP's.

Bitch and whine and call people cheaters. Bunch of needle dicks. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:55 am

Only way they can justify why the war didnt go so well as they expected and told to the rest in England at the start. I can see how it will become official position of England soon: they wont admit that they had idiots and people acting for their own personal interests in their command.

Lord_ashenheart wrote:
Laird Adrian does raise a valid point. We know that they are capable of unspeakable horrors because of their necromancy. We know that they have much greater wealth than we do. Where I get confused with his words is, is he advocating that we simply give up England and leave it, or is he saying that we should just join the CA because that MIGHT be the only way to stop further onslaughts because England doesn't have the stones to remove them from our lands and seas when they overstep? There doesn't appear to be another option, if you consider his words.

I am quite sure that England is incapable of paying off this ransom/tribute/reparation/extortion. Those who advocate for it, let them pay out of their own pockets, thank ye very much. If Devon's council pays 1 pence before taking care of its obligations to the People, I do not believe that the county will fare well, and Master Hawkwood's comments on our relative strength will be tested.

Those who are saying that we need to fight... where were you when the calls to arms went out? Did you join the armies going north? Did you heed the navy's call for sailors? Did you give supplies to the ships, armies or the County for them to continue the fight? Those of you who did, good on ye and thank ye for your service. Those of you who didn't... now that it's "too late", besides starting the collection to pay off this ridiculous sum, what are you going to do now? How can you stand there and say fight when you lacked the courage or will to do so when it mattered?

I want peace, as much as any good person in this world. I want to be able to sail a ship and not worry about enemies trying to send me to meet Davy Jones once more. I want to be able to stay within English waters and head up to Westmorland unmolested, help my country and county patrol its shores and protect its shipping interests. I want to be able to compete in a race with other ships and not worry that it's a trap. I simply want to be allowed to be myself and enjoy my hobbies and passions, and not be forced to sleep with one eye open and men ready to fire cannons on my mark.

If we can achieve a peace where we have actual security and few threats, then great. But until we can see BOTH sides steer aside their aggression, it will not happen. Both sides have their roles to play in this ridiculous war. Both sides have made errors that prolonged the fighting more than is necessary. I think our descendents may one day look at us being forced to "buy" peace and will see it as an injustice that must be made right, and what would that lead to??? More war, more distrust, more misery.

But, hey, we're getting some peace now, right? I mean, we can trust these guys, aye? They've never made impossible demands in negotiations, isn't that so? They would NEVER go back on their words or take the low moral ground. Ever. Right?

Nym wrote:
Quote :
[color=darkblue]Laird Adrian does raise a valid point. We know that they are capable of unspeakable horrors because of their necromancy. We know that they have much greater wealth than we do. Where I get confused with his words is, is he advocating that we simply give up England and leave it, or is he saying that we should just join the CA because that MIGHT be the only way to stop further onslaughts because England doesn't have the stones to remove them from our lands and seas when they overstep? There doesn't appear to be another option, if you consider his words.
Where did I advocate either? What I am saying is that we give up a war we can't win. Give it up, surrender and move on. For all the talk about how untrustworthy our enemy is, have we ever had a real peace treaty with NNGO? England has been in war with them for years before I came to live here. So has Daubigny and Spring. They got together, sat down and worked out a peace so it seems to me they can be trustworthy when they chose to. We don't have a joint enemy like they had in Munster to unite us, so we probably won't be allies, but we can have peaceful relations, build trust over time.

I don't think the issue is us having the stones or not. We've shown them we will fight them even when we know they are stronger. We don't have heir pockets, their organizational skills, their continuity of governance, their clones... So, they are stronger. It's not about us not being brave enough to stand up to them. It's just that I see no no point to it other then our pride.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 am

LMAO wrote:
(Whatever civilized minds Ireland may have had in the past have moved to England.)

I stopped reading lol!

EDIT: and then continued..

They really wanna bang on about clones? Pot, kettle, black much?
Back to top Go down
Shanor
Squire
Shanor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:22 am

anto_capone wrote:
And thats how England RP's.

Bitch and whine and call people cheaters. Bunch of needle dicks. Razz

Needle dick the bug fucker...knew someone who called people that all the time, lol.  Thanks for the memory (and the laugh).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffrv.org
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:59 am

This is all very humorous. I think we have said OVER AND OVER that we're done with England. We will only come back if they want us to.

Unless they decide to not make peace...and then it'll be Death to England!

I personally want all the English-speaking folks to unite in RK and go after the frogs.

I want to find Levan's character and execute him about 5 times in a row until he eradicates me.

Laughing Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Roxxane wrote:

I personally want all the English-speaking folks to unite in RK and go after the frogs.

That would be amazing and a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Aidann wrote:
LMAO wrote:
(Whatever civilized minds Ireland may have had in the past have moved to England.)

I stopped reading lol!

EDIT: and then continued..

They really wanna bang on about clones? Pot, kettle, black much?

They KNOW there are clones because they are theirs, spying!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

I'll be the first to say it. I never wanted a war with England and if it ended tomorrow I'd never bother with them again. And I don't just mean I wouldn't attack. I don't know them, I don't want to "trade" with them, I don't want anything to do with them. They are petty, backwards, small-minded, narcissistic people. I don't like them and I doubt I ever will.

All that being said if they sign the peace treaty it's fine with me. But if they don't that is fine too. I don't think they or the Frets or the Bretons are going to live up to one anyway so why not just keep fighting them? Which frankly I'm perfectly willing to do. If they want to keep fighting let's do it.

I will say this, this is the last time I "discuss" peace. If they want peace after this they can make me offers they have already voted on and passed and we will decide if we are taking them.
Because frankly their government is designed to fail and any deal that we've already agreed to they will vote down.

So this is it for me.

And as for that clone shit. PL had the busiest taverns in the world, and one of the liveliest forums. If you can find me 5 clones here I'll show you five clones the Macs made to spy on us.
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Jasmine. wrote:
The border broke for more than one reason but the advantage we had we lost. At that moment ego came to play a bigger role than before. Ordering the only strong army in the area to leave the castle and stand out in the open and meet the enemy. I urged against it yet the reply I got was "I do not need your opinion. I asked those who has the knowledge who are not simply REA personnel" In short that army was crushed and pushed till it reached back to Kendal with nothing much in it. All that to slow the attack knowing very well he just threw at them our only hope in securing that castle.

Laughing 

Jasmine. wrote:
We attacked the castle or as many called it we threw ourselves at the castle. We almost lost two armies that night and more than half of our soldiers. two armies left and should have retreated. He suggested we hit again. I said we must retreat the other general stated that she will not retreat and go back in shame. letting her go alone would have been the worst move ever so we went in together yet as we are not sharing protocol each fought on its own. We lost as horribly as can be expected without causing much damage.

Hilarious. Who was that other general, Angelina?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Daubigny wrote:
All that being said if they sign the peace treaty it's fine with me. But if they don't that is fine too. I don't think they or the Frets or the Bretons are going to live up to one anyway so why not just keep fighting them? Which frankly I'm perfectly willing to do. If they want to keep fighting let's do it.

Exactly. Its my stance as well, even if they did wrong us a lot again and again through the years. I'm no saint myself, but there is a thing about breaking word, and using any means possible against us, before Fury even started. Fury actually was created as a retaliation group, because back then Scottish politicians failed us on the promises to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Donte
Citizen
Donte

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Roxxane wrote:

Honestly, this has always been my biggest desire. Would be so much more entertaining to break away from rl history and instead of all this infighting between the English isles, really fuck up France as a united force.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:22 pm

In what game?

Its not happening in RK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Donte
Citizen
Donte

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:40 pm

anto_capone wrote:
In what game?

Its not happening in RK.

Yeah, no kidding. Sadly, I'm aware it will never be anything more then a fantasy.
Back to top Go down
jaqk
Noble
jaqk

Character sheet
DDO character: Druid???

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Not if we inforce it by the sword.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Donte
Citizen
Donte

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Now that's something I could get on board with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:59 pm

This post was made today in HOP. You can tell this guy is very well informed  Laughing .

Tyrion wrote:
None until we gain the advantage militarily. Then and only then will we get any kind of offer that isn't laughable and insulting. The key to that is being able to continue the blockade of Ireland. Is that possible? If Ireland can resupply their forces freely this thing is over, and we might as well take this deal as it won't get any better.
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm

ummmmmmmmmmm what blockade? They all ran home to Mommy as soon as we came out to play!
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:39 pm

fuck they got people still think there is a blockade?

I got yer blockade right here pal Smile
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

People in Parliament no less. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:49 pm

All their good players either left or quit over the years, doesn't surprise me. Sad tho.
Back to top Go down
Shanor
Squire
Shanor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:57 pm

More like driven out.  And they can't blame that one on us, they get all the credit themselves.  But yeah, it is sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffrv.org
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Agreed Shan ^^
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:18 am

Siren wrote:
Posted: 28 Feb 2014 05:07 Post subject: Reply with quote
Siren has not been listening to anything that has been said. It is not for want of trying, but as soon as people start rehashing the same stories she has heard over and over again, she tends to glaze over and think about things that are far more interesting to her, like trying to count how many daffodils are starting to poke their heads above the soil. Flowers are peaceful things. What makes her think of peace, oh yes, that's right, someone mentioned it nearby once before the clamour of dissent overtook the place.

"PEACE!"

Did she shout that out loud? Oh dear, looks like she did. Siren smiles while she desperately thinks of something to say while she seems to have attracted some attention her way.

"England doesn't want peace, just the same as England has never sought justice. Why be just or peaceful when you can crush your enemies underfoot? The only problem with this reasoning is that war doesn't work like the courts do. In the courts you can drag anyone off the streets, accuse them of a crime and then condemn them irrespective of what evidence is presented to the contrary. So then it is easy to have your way with pseudo-justice. It's not quite as easy when it comes to war. This time there is no all powerful ability to arrest and contain, although I noticed that Westmorland gave that a pretty good shot too. This time you actually have to put in some kind of effort and rally troops, create supply chains and most importantly work together. England isn't very good at this, so while they want to dominate and make sure that everybody who doesn't think as they do is eliminated, they lack the will and the cohesion to do so. This doesn't stop them from believing they can."

Siren stops talking as a pretty butterfly flutters past and distracts her with its iridescent beauty. She smiles with delight as she watches it and then awkwardly realises that she should still be talking.

"I love England because I live here, but sometimes the people in it can be so damned frustrating! I would love to see peace between the English and the Celts. The sooner the better really. And it has nothing to do with the fact that all these armies make it difficult for people like me to enjoy the roads ..... much"

Siren decides she has probably said enough and wonders off to see if she can find that butterfly again. she is sure that she has a jam jar big enough to put it in.

Not funny. Just brilliant. Qftmt
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:27 am

Brave_sir_robin wrote:
" I am just now joining the conversation, so forgive me if I say things that have already been answered. (I skimmed through) But If I heard correctly on the 24th you said you sent every one mails that the threat was over and to return home? If I understood that correctly I'm wondering where my mail was. It's a good thing I just happened to leave the day before that... But I hardly think anyone was paying that close attention to me to notice.

I agree with cullan, While I was out for the war I was treated very poorly. I wasted a lot of time and money and for no results. Honestly, Westmoreland , while they ask for help.. They act as if they are fighting alone and not getting help.

So if we are in fact helping, Why are they so ungrateful? I'll tell you why. They don't see themselves as England. But Westmoreland. Why should Sussex care for the other counties that segregate themselves?

I don't think the next council should support the war, but I know we do have to protect ourselves. The best way to protect ourselves is to stop CA where they are.  IF we do not, Hastings will end up being occupied just like Kendal.

I guess with this rant, What i'm trying to say is -

How can the next list make England see itself as England again, and not a county.

If You did end up being involved in the war again/still, How would you manage it better then it was handled this time. (Not that it would be hard to do)

Honestly the LAck of communication the soldiers.. The Lack of care, and the Multitude of mistakes made by "Englands best Generals to offer" Fix it, OR find yourself with no Volunteers for the next war.

Now' I'm no Super awesome Englander myself, But if your going to lead a army you should know what your doing is all i'm saying... Lots of people died because of ignorance on the part of our leaders.
Back to top Go down
jaqk
Noble
jaqk

Character sheet
DDO character: Druid???

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:48 am

The good players should consider coming to Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Funny English Crap - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny English Crap
Page 22 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next