AuthorMessage
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Tam/Spr wrote:
Terrasophia wrote:
if people were going to still write her as evil, I should have given them something to whine about!   Laughing 

Weeeeell, if we're going to get into the technicalities, you did kill the archbishop   Laughing

Potatoes potatoes. And that was before I was Queen! My dungeon was far too empty.
Back to top Go down
Keiran_irvine
Commoner
Keiran_irvine

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Instead she used the sea as her dungeon Razz
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:26 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Do we still classify people are goodies and badies? Lol

Everyone falls within the grayscale.

The only people who are pure white or pure black are those with some form of mental dysfunction.

And for the record, I laughed my ass off when i heard terra had sunk statler lol. Never heard of terrasophia before that, but it certainly made an impression lol. (and it wasn't one of a baddie lol)
Back to top Go down
Mick
Squire
Mick

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Maybe it's just the outside looking in, but I;m not sure what the argument is about. The sensible folk seem to of taken over galloway, and if they bring whithorn back into the fold, surely that's a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:52 pm

You would think...but the bad blood appears to be even worse than I thought.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:08 am

Mick wrote:
Maybe it's just the outside looking in, but I;m not sure what the argument is about.  The sensible folk seem to of taken over galloway, and if they bring whithorn back into the fold, surely that's a good thing?

There is more to that. Basically Whithorn is desperate, so they want to drag Galloway into their fight. To hide behind Galloway. And I for sure cant call JO's followers as "sensible people" Razz
Back to top Go down
Mick
Squire
Mick

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm sure there is a lot more to it, like I said, it's an outsiders perspective looking in. I doubt JO will ever stop looking for ways to attack you guys, but it seems like bringing Whit into Galloway again weakens his position to do so. I don't get the feeling the rest of Galloway wants to wage JO's war for him.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:55 pm

It's an endless cycle...

Dry holds grudges for a loooong time and Julius is the most reactionary person you'll ever meet.  This particular part of the cycle began with whatever caused Fury to suddenly go from supporting Whithorn as independent to target robbing a trade group visiting Glasgow from Whithorn, Donte revolting in Whithorn, and Adik and Dicaprio sacking the town just before independence with possible a possible Fury rescue. With Fury appearing to target Whithorn Julius sought help anywhere he could get a hold of it for defense and revenge which offended Fury and led to where we are now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 pm

I more think JO used Andi and the traders as a red flag, an excuse to start the whole Whithorn/Fury thing back up. Whether or not the whole thing is worth killing folk over isn't much of an issue. Take Jo out of the equation, and things finally start to calm down. Can't any reasonable Cambpell just expel him or something?

On funnier news, I'm now mayor of Glasgow.
Tis a sad day when I can be elected  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Well Julius isn't currently in the equation and things seem pretty crazy. All this hubub centered around him and he's not even around to enjoy it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Isn't he mayor still down in Whithorn?
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Sure but he has RL issues that are keeping him from doing anything but the basics from day to day. I know he's not checking the forums at all though.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:21 am

Fitz_ wrote:
I am always amused when kitty-brigade spin doctoring continually whines about Galloway's role in occupied-Scotland, but always neglects to admit that Galloway was amassing troops to liberate Glasgow (and near-begging Glaswegians and the kitty-brigade to assist in that liberation), and it was those half-formed armies that then tried but failed to defend Galloway when the frets rained on our parade.

It's always interesting to see what stories your imaginations can come up with. The truth isn't quite as favourable to your reputations as you'd like.

Anyone got that picture when Galloway voted to work/at the very least, not bother the frets?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:31 am

Mick wrote:
I'm sure there is a lot more to it, like I said, it's an outsiders perspective looking in.  I doubt JO will ever stop looking for ways to attack you guys, but it seems like bringing Whit into Galloway again weakens his position to do so.  I don't get the feeling the rest of Galloway wants to wage JO's war for him.

I dont think it weakens his position, they will use Galloway as the shield. As for simple people in Galloway - Whithorn doesnt care what they want. After some propaganda including "Unity" and tales about evil Fury, they will get some cannon fodder from Galloway for sure.

Cheatorious wrote:
Whithorn declares independence.
Whithorn's independence is recognised.
Whithorn is not part of Galloway, Galloway does not encompass Whithorn.
Whithorn runs a list in the council elections of another, separate entity. Galloway.
Whithorn attain power in said sovereign territory.
Whithorn, only now with council control, talk about "rejoining".

Illegitimate council highlighting that Whithorn are only interested in being a part of Galloway so long as they control Galloway.

In short.
Smile

Sullihan wrote:
This particular part of the cycle began with whatever caused Fury to suddenly go from supporting Whithorn as independent to target robbing a trade group visiting Glasgow from Whithorn, Donte revolting in Whithorn, and Adik and Dicaprio sacking the town just before independence with possible a possible Fury rescue.

Firstly, Whithorn was in talks with Westmorland even before that. June-July of the last year.

Secondly, Andi wasnt targeted intentionally. Badlands never was a safe place.

Thirdly, Ardencaple was looted.

Tam/Spr wrote:
Isn't he mayor still down in Whithorn?

Laying low. Wait a few months and all will stand in the place. As for now, the puppets will do the work Smile
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:00 am

Wait, so he kicked a fuss up because he was robbed in Ayr? Then JO was using that as an excuse, if robbing happens inside there, it's as legal buying a pint for a friend. Anyone wandering up there knows what they're risking.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:06 am

Yes, in Ayr by our scouting squad.

Btw, you should now have the access to Glasgow's CC chambers. There is some work there to be done that includes Glasgow city.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:54 am

Numpties should have got a boat.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Keiran_irvine
Commoner
Keiran_irvine

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 am

Dude, Adik Dicaprio and the rest who were with him were NOT (And adik and Dicaprio) are NOT Fury. Please stop assuming stuffs when it's nothing like that Laughing!
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:10 am

Theyre ONE or ex-ONE, I forget.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:20 am

Keiran_irvine wrote:
Dude, Adik Dicaprio and the rest who were with him were NOT (And adik and Dicaprio) are NOT Fury. Please stop assuming stuffs when it's nothing like that Laughing!

Of course they aren't Fury...heck I was with him for a couple of months until they sacked Whithorn and I know I'm not Fury Laughing  But that doesn't change that a ship captained by a Fury member carried them away and members of Fury may have helped DTP to keep them in power while they looted. Both sides of this building conflict are basing most of their "anger" on perceptions not truth.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:46 am

Local whithornians may have helped to DTP too. And as far as I'm aware, none from Galloway's council actually bothered to ask Terra.

And in your place I would stick talking about your own side. What applies to Cowbells and Whithorn, doesnt apply to us.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Of course it doesn't...all Campbells are puppets, Whithorn is a cesspool of Pro-English sentiment, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Truth is, JO sent his traders into Ayr, which the king reigning had left to wolves as robberland, such in Ireland. When they got scuttered, he used it as an excuse to start up tension, after trying to sell one of your towns to Westmoreland. You're saying Whithorn isn't an issue of national security at this point? When the guy's willing to clone to attack fellow Scots, bring in English raiders to sack a town hall, and people still elect him, yeah, Pro-English is one of the friendliest ways to put it.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Truth is Fury HATES Julius and has for a long time...whenever they get a chance they tug on his tail and then we act shocked when he reacts and over the years develops a hate of his own for Fury? You see a pro English national security issue I see someone doing whatever has to be done to protect his town and people regardless of if that includes making deals with the devil.

Yes Julius turned to the wrong people for help, but out of desperation as I see it. For that we dance around the potential of starting an inter county war? For that we hold an entire town and potentially county responsible for the actions of one man while at the same time claiming Glasgow cannot be responsible for Fury? By all means hold Julius responsible, Campbell does and is dealing with the issue internally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next