Roby Lambourne
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Nope, only trip to england was to destroy wml lol

And i clearly explained the offense, but i'll let you do your typical dryness "deny everything!"
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:44 pm

And everyone in biz owes me ¥58652253652366 for somehow turning a fury campbell argument everyone seemed tired of into a ninon and dry one  Shocked 

Fml lol
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Is that so ? I kinda didnt want to offend you, nor had any intention of that. So, what we will argue about ?
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Who can drink more vodka!!!

You pay.... Wink
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Aaaaandd..... You hold the puke bucket :p
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Vodka or Wodka ?
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Well, depends where we buy it i guess lol. Since you're paying, wodka :p

Fyi i'll be the one losing, which is why you're holding the bucket lol
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:10 pm

That means Poland Razz

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 Wyborowa_v_in_vodka1024

Only one bucket btw ?
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Boy that looks good!

Make it three puke buckets!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:22 pm

How many bottles on the head ? And only 'dry' wodka ? Smile
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Bottles on the head? I could likely balance one.... But i do have some pretty big purses, no worrying over how we're carrying them!

Dry wodka, wet wokda, whatever gets us drunk!
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:48 pm

I can give that to you, but myself I would need more than one.

Was wondering what to eat/drink with it ? Or just go russian style ? Razz
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:53 pm

*suggests some Lašiniai*

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 200px-Salo
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Would need bread with that, but otherwise, it fits well Razz
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Well.... I can't really tell what that's supposed to be. It may very well be poison. At the very leastit looks difficultto eat while drunk! Where's the mess?!?!? :p

I'll eat poutine! *nom nom nom*

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUvdl_SNIFdKaaPkfQWgSMhthsNpKCFgy09JxwUCXiGGrQ0bOI
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:22 pm

I just gained 5 pounds reading what poutine is. lol
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:23 pm

After actually researching Lašiniai, i'm okay with it.  Lithuanian bacon!  But, poutine is still required! Lol

*sits and grows fat with angel*  pig 
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Well maybe Galloway wasn't allied, but during the Fret invasion they allowed them free passage to Glasgow while denying the Celtic Alliance the same privilege. That was not true neutrality.
Back to top Go down
ninon_de_lenclos
Commoner
ninon_de_lenclos

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Okay.  I can't comment on that.  I honestly had never even heard of the CA until after the war lol

But Neither was it neutral for the galloway cc to supply me with shields, or them overpaying state point providers among the CA armies for the purpose of giving money as support before we made to move into wml.

Moral of the story, galloway cc's stance as neutral is always BS? Lol
Back to top Go down
kythera
Commoner
kythera

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVnznrOqXVE Laughing
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Yeah, Galloway (even some Whithornians) did supply the war effort. In particular, my character had lots of help clearing at least 3 towns of bread and weapons to head south. So, as usual, the talking heads do what they do, and people on the ground hate England. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zukran
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:55 pm

[Firstly sorry for bringing up this entire debate - Oops? And even more sorry for me now quoting posts days old. And so expect a long post and as always feel free to ignore, but since some folks responded to me, happy to respond back Smile ]

anto_capone wrote:
I don't see the use of judicial treaties in this game. It doesn't stop or deter crime. In fact, I would argue it increases corruption of politics and foreign policy.

That said, Galloway can do what it wants with who it wants. I've little use for a foreign policy of appeasing everyone.

Chonnacht has no and will never have a judicial treaty with anyone.

If you notice Anto much of my posts again includes focus on democracy and lesson 101 from England is that their first step in any type of negotiations of possible alliances in the future is at first the good old Judicial Treaty. It's how England works, I know cause I spent alot of times with said treaties when Count of Mercia and we had to re-do the treaties after the land-mergers. Do they really work? Debatable. Are they more pain than worth? Yes. But is it English practice when working towards alliance? Certainly.
Again the primary difference comes when you look at government type. Chonnacht having a judicial treaty would be silly when most things here are dealt with through other types of documentation, just because we don't have "judicial treaties" doesn't mean we don't have forms of legislation which cover similar aspects [Albeit those aren't seven pages long with 40+ clauses - Go England!]
As for appeasing, I don't think this is about appeasing as again that suggests that it is one party over-expending to gain the trust of another. We then just go back to the whole ally/vassal debate. As I stated a larger alliance for the most parts is beneficial never said appeasing anyone was beneficial.

-----------------

@Sulli, Whitesnow, Fitz [And various others tied to either side]

Firstly the fact we have you on this forum, is a positive, because it opens doors to discussion, which when not covered with the excrement of insult slinging is a good way to get to the roots of problems & to clear up any misconceptions. Positive small steps. [It's also great to have had Fury members on this forum for longer than i've been here and so the likewise applies to you guys]

Now clearly, if what you say is correct, then the big hurdle right now is the disputes past and present between Glasgow/Fury & Galloway/Campbells. [I don't care what social styles dictate what is and isn't 'correct' at the end of the day both factions have clear roles in both Counties Governments and military, so for that reason your the same 'thing' for the time being.] As much as I love Anto's suggestion about fighting it out that's something that will never happen and no doubt if it did you'd still have certain individuals being bitter. The idea of shutting up & fight is something that would clearly be warranted here because both sides are in instances bitching over things which are so diluted and convoluted that I doubt it's ever going to be as simple as 'We want X gold and A,B & C Killed - Why? Because the other side who has also lost peoples and goods and supplies also feels wronged and likewise wants X gold and D,E & F Killed.

Of course there is my personal favourite solution, where you all stop fighting over things which cannot be reclaimed and fixed and instead look to a larger cause which benefits both parties and other parties. But if the counties of Scotland want to be like children fighting over lego as Anto said we can just sit by and watch. I mean I feel a lot of what is going on in Scotland is nothing more than that, 4k here, three people here, a ship there a few robberies in that region. By the sounds of things if I take both sides near enough 100% reliably. You've both done near enough damage to one another as it stands

So...I don't think either of the first two options would work. So instead i'm going to suggest option three, which is the highly unpopular but I like to thing the most logical solution where everybody wins. Instead of arguing over that sunken ship, or that 4k, or that TH robbery, or that Town re-joining that County, or those road robberies, which are all such small and petty events. No one asks for reparations, no one asks for war, no one asks for gold nor deaths. Both sides simply accept their differences are too great but agree that the prospect of gaining much more together as an entire Celtic Alliance is greater than being two counties fighting eachother until one side becomes King of bent sticks and broken stone. Instead of sinking single ships, robbing a town hall and fighting counties - We could all work together and sink navies, raid counties and fight entire countries. You two sides could take from one another and arguably not get anywhere, or work together take from someone else we all don't like - and both sides as well as every other involved faction gets riches from it.

To me what's going on in Scotland is just plain illogical. This is why I have to say this, because it seems like peoples egos and prides are what's being fought over here - not loot and bounty. All this war in Scotland does is become a detriment to all sides, even the eventual winner if there is one, because whilst they would have beaten another county and got some minor plaudits, other factions would be busy working together to take larger scores and all get rich. Anto said it, your all stuck in Scotland that will probably never change for alot of you on both sides, so why not just put your prides in your back-pocket, stop raiding one another and go raid someone considerably richer together so WE [Since A Scotland fighting one enemy benefits us all] all become better off.

How Fury or whomever runs in Glasgow, how the Campbells or whomever runs in Galloway if ya stick to your own zones then everything's fine. Hate each other all you want. Curse and Bitch and Yell. All fine, because it's unlikely that'll change unfortunately. But just try and accept that despite all of that, you'd all be better off, both in terms of riches and power, if you worked together and as two parts of the larger encompassing Celtic Alliance.

Motherlucka wrote:
Well maybe Galloway wasn't allied, but during the Fret invasion they allowed them free passage to Glasgow while denying the Celtic Alliance the same privilege. That was not true neutrality.
And during the invasion of England I seem to remember then being happy to allow us through to attack England? Times change and with the changing of time so do thought processes. If people remain stuck in "They did that" rather than "What they're doing now" then how do we ever have any hope for progress?

Also a final general comment, since I've seen it alot in the last 5-6 pages, in regards to being part of, allied with, every having associated with, lived in, all those other phrases used when in connection with England. Well as an individual whose character is English, who spent over 3 years in England, who spent time in England as a Mayor, Councillor, Count and Privy councillor advisor to the Monarch. Who had several fancy titles and pointless English positions and military groups. Who has fought against Scotland, Ireland on a few occasions during my tenure in England, if you would like to scream he's associated with England don't trust/allign with him. Please scream it in my direction first all others second. It's a pathetic cry which means nothing, again where we've all been, what we've all done, why we did it. Doesn't matter, what matters is what we do now and what we do tomorrow cause that's what we can influence. Can't change the past.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Quote :
Both sides simply accept their differences are too great but agree that the prospect of gaining much more together as an entire Celtic Alliance is greater than being two counties fighting eachother until one side becomes King of bent sticks and broken stone.

Impossible. We never will be allied with Whithorn/Cowbells (Galloway is a question, but chances are close to zero). Been there, done that.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Just seems like a lot of people did things to each other in the past. KoW and NNGO fought, NNGO and Laighean fought, KoW and Laighean fought, SNF revolted Laighean, SNF ships were tracked by Galloway and subsequently sunk, SNF and Galloway had issues . . . etc . . . etc . . . just seems like everyone was able to acknowledge their faults and move on for the greater good when the CA was formed. Forget what happened to KoW since the formation, at the time we all acknowledged the greater good.

I'm not saying that Fury's beef isn't justified, just that you're giving an unrealistic ultimatum and you probably know it. Which means you don't really want peace. Killing JO would alienate the Campbells, which is at least 1/3 the active population of Galloway and probably the largest militant force. Launcelot maybe 2nd, and granted no one really cares about Korna.

I would think Galloway declaring for the CA and incurring the wrath of England the France would be a good enough sign of repentance, but apparently not. Just saying, if you wanted peace and to strengthen the alliance then you would make terms that are acceptable. The current terms, while perhaps appropriate are not acceptable. Holding grudges on both sides helps no one in the end.

Not trying to get crap thrown my way, but that's as I see it. I'll leave it at that for y'all and bow out of this.
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:47 am

What you've got to keep in mind is that Galloway declaring anything means next to nothing, its citizens continue as they wish: Galloway declares it wont invade Glasgow, its citizens form armies to invade Glasgow with those from Ayr. Galloway declares neutrality in regards to the Fretalians, many of its citizens aid the Fretalians, some aid Glasgow, some play both sides. Galloway declares neutrality in regards to England, a few citizens took part in the invasion of England, some plotted with the English to hit Scotland and others played both sides. Galloway has no authority, its citizens wont allow it. If they were to apply and become members of the CA many of their citizens would still actively work against the CA, Julius would probably still plot against Glasgow and those with ties further south would maintain those. This is the key area where Galloway differs from the current members of the CA who actually can make guarantees, Galloway cant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next