AuthorMessage
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

How's life treating ya? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:51 am

Roby Lambourne wrote:

Not sure If i'm watching the purge 2 or GTA online.  Suspect 

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Got my schedule for the month. Totally stoked to be part of the security team for this event;

Cool
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:16 am

I'm trying to fill in an online university application form, and I have come across stupid question number one that HAS to be filled in before continuing.

Country of Birth: England (Fine)
Area of Permanent residence: England (Fine)
Nationality: British (Technically English but I don't have that option, Fine)

Now then, this is where it gets tricky.

When did you first come into the UK? (dd/mm/yyyy):

I am English! Why can't you accept I can't put a date for this as I have always been here!?!?!

So, I took a moment to think of a logical solution to filling in this question so I could continue in the application.

I figured how could they argue that 'when I first came into the UK', WAS THE DAY I WAS BORN!
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Robin Williams. Suicide? what!?

All my favorite comedians are dying off within the last 2 years.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 pm

I know right. The guy was pure genius and will be missed greatly. Sad

Hope he is in a better place. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 pm

HOLY FUCK! GODDAMMIT!
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Aye . . . Hook was one of my top 3 movies, always wanted to be a lost boy Sad

Sad times.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Some of the funniest people on the planet are plagued with depression, one of life's little ironies.  

Requescat in pace Robin, nanu, nanu.
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:42 am

Super sad news... I hope he's in a better place now.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:01 am

I wonder how many people think Robbie Williams is dead.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:42 am

That is probably just wishful thinking on their part.
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:10 pm

haha probably.

Sent my application to uni last night, and it appears they are taking it seriously so that's nice.
It's useful when my boss is my dad's 'girlfriend' to know what they said in the email, and what the reply was. They asked for evidence of my certificates today which I just sent so interesting to see what the results will be.

I am praying they don't want an interview.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Such a pity, he'll be missed.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 pm

I am so very done with this week, nothing but death. Robin Williams was hands down my favorite actor and someone I looked up to. My friend died this week due to a refusal to take blood that would have kept her alive and here with her 16 month old baby. My girlfriends aunt died last night due to leukemia that they discovered on Tuesday.

I can understand the suicide. Someone wrote Robin was always the one with the smile, the laughter,the life. We all fed from it, but who was there to fill that up for him? I can understand the drained feeling and depression. I can't understand why you would consciously leave a baby you spent tens of thousands to have and years of trying because while immunogolbin therapy (which is a blood product) was ok the fucking blood transfusion (that would save you)was not. As a mom, I would without a thought take the chance on finding out in the afterlife if my god was pleased with my choice of staying to raise my children or follow some interpreted piece of scripture (yes I know it is a religious belief, but one I cannot support in this case). And I can't really understand how you could have went to the doctor one day and found out you had less than 48 hours to live because you have "surprise" leukemia....it's not a pleasant disease...you should have known you were sick before that.

Far too much to filter properly right now. None of you damn well better die this week is all I ask.

Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:09 pm

*throws some huggles Bellz way.* Sad
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:31 pm

The Robin Williams media stories are getting on my tits now. Depression doesn't kill people. If people decide death is their only option, then quite frankly, cheerio! Take my sympathy with you on the way out. Unless you are being tortured and will be for the foreseeable future, or if you are suffering from terminal or long term pain then they are the only acceptable causes for suicide or euthanasia in my opinion.
But If the problems from depression is caused by stress about money, relationships, bullying, location or other such menial exterior problem, then you should receive no sympathy for your selfish actions and quite frankly pathetic actions.

There are other numerous options to exhaust before contemplating suicide in any situation. Like moving house, like avoiding people who are causing you the issues to such a devastating degree or plain up steeling yourself though that is understandably the most difficult option. If the case is bullying, where people commit suicide because someone repeatedly called them names than that's your problem and shouldn't pass it onto others to mourn in your stead. I would contemplate committing murder before suicide if things were that drastic. I just guess some people have more of a fight for survival mentality than others.

Godbothers I don't even have time for, if people still think there is an afterlife than to be quite frank just leave em to get on with it and stop lowing the average IQ of the human population.

The last one on your macabre list however is sad and just a shame all forms of cancer are not extinct by now. And I am going on a plane soon, so I ain't promising anything till after at least I land on the other side. And that's my probable controversial rant over with for now. Razz

Oh, and *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Sending positivity your way Bellz. <3

Life has it's ups and downs, right now I'm going through some serious downs. My grandfather is dying from lung cancer, he refused treatment about 6mths ago and it's taking over his body now, there's some days he doesn't know where he's at and some days he's very clear. On the days he doesn't know where he is or who he is, I've been the only one to bring him back out of it, so I get a lot of phone calls lately and it's painful. It won't be long tho now for him, it's both a blessing and heartbreaking. Had a scare myself and hubby made me go see a very well to do doc down at one of our big hospital's here where I live, everything turned out great and for that I am thankful, grateful, but will still have to live the rest of my life in pain, guess you just have to take the good over what could be much much worse. So much going on tho, it's not even the tip of the iceberg here for me on the flipside. Don't really care to talk about a lot of it, because as I see it, either it buffs out or it doesn't, there's no in between and it's no one's business but mine. Life just sucks sometimes.

Was really sad to hear about Robin too, he was such a wonderful person/actor and the things he could do for people was amazing, he gave and gave so much of himself that there probably just wasn't much left to give. My grandma (from my other side of the family) has always told me that sometimes when you get to a certain age or part in your life, you're just done. I can understand and at least respect one's choices and not be too upset about it. The only thing about that type of action tho, as much as I can say I do understand and respect it, that taking your own life causes a ripple effect and leaves questions unanswered, painful for those living, being left behind, and who will forever remember and carry that pain with them for the rest of their lives. Very sad indeed. No matter whether people feel that no one cares or by doing as much that no one will remember them or care that they're gone, they will always be wrong in that aspect. It will effect the living whether they care to acknowledge it or not. Something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:24 pm

There was once a time in which I thought suicide was "selfish". That was when I was privileged and hadn't experienced the deep abyss that is clinical depression. Roby, your comment isn't controversial. It is shortsighted, ignorant, and incorrect. Telling someone who actually has a chemical imbalance in their brain to just "steel themselves up" is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
I don't expect much different because I gather you are quite young, haven't experienced much in your young life yet, and can't grapple with the idea of something outside of your own experience. I am sure I will get some quipy argument from you, but I won't partake. I feel like the reactions to depression and suicide separate the men from the boys, so to speak.

Trinity--I send you good thoughts, my sweet sugarbean!
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Oh yea one more thing.

I graduated! Got my Masters degree this past weekend! WAHOO!
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:35 pm

You've obviously never been clinically depressed, Roby. Neither have I, so we can't really  know how it feels and judge someone who has it for being a selfish, pathetic coward. :/ I don't agree with a lot of what you said, but I obviously won't try to argue. I agree, however, that a lot of the media stories are revolting. I won't get into the why, but it's basically me hating on Hollywood hypocrisy. But I don't know, for some reason his death really shocked me. I've obviously never met the guy, but it still came as a shock that he was married with children he apparently adored, and on top of that he's had a successful career with many people who seemed to love him... and yet there was no one there for him, to notice his pain and help him through it. It just makes you think...

Also, I'm very sorry to hear all that, Bellz. Sad *hugs*

And Triin too! *hugs!!* I hope your health issues will manage to be somehow fixed soon Sad I'm happy things turned out well with the doctor though, so there's at least that. Smile Very sorry to hear about your grandfather... it can't be easy but at least you got to grow used to the idea of him being unwell, so I hope that makes the next phase (whenever it comes) a little less difficult? It's what the daughter of an old friend/relative of my dad's side of the family said today. He passed away this morning, and while obviously she was grieving, she said that she got to spend a lot of time with him in the hospital and that at least he was now in peace.

Kinda makes me sad for my grandmother. She's at that age where most of her friends are gone. (They even had to hide from her that one of her old close friends passed away last month.) I hope that doesn't affect her health :/

And don't even get me started on the political issues in my corner and outside of it.

The world just isn't a good place to be right now :/

And congrats Jen! Very Happy Happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

So danged excited for you and so very proud of you Toasti! Very Happy <3 Sending you tons and tons of happy vibes ^^

And thank you from the deepest most depths of my sugary hearted bean! hehe

Thank you Rita! <3 Have missed you and you're smiley vibes! Sending positivity your way and lot's of huggly squeezes!
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Roby, You never rated very high in my estimation and now you have dropped even further down.  A person cannot be blamed for their biochemistry any more than they can be blamed for the colour of their eyes (I was going to say skin, but realised that argument would fail with you too).

I have bipolar disorder and have done since my teens.  Thanks to my upbringing, I became convinced that I was possessed by demons.  I no longer believe that, but the analogy still works.  Depression is NOT deep sadness, it is not the feeling that everything has gone to shit either.  Depression robs you of reason, it robs you of self esteem and it robs you of the will to live.  I am a survivor of three suicide attempts and I am glad of it.  I am one of the lucky ones because I finally got help for my condition.  I still get depressed on a regular basis, I feel it coming over me like a dark shroud and watch helplessly as it steals the colour from my world.  I can even rationalise it.  I can sit down and see with perfect clarity that there is nothing in my life that I need to feel down about.  Yet still the 'demon' attacks.  The difference is now, I don't blame myself for an illness I cannot control, instead I accept that I am going to have endure a period of time where things are going to be a little bit harder for me.   I even give myself a period of time to mope, watch a weepy film and listen to emo music.  Then I carry on with my routine, even though it holds no joy for me until the time comes when the veil lifts and the colours return to my life.  I cannot control my illness, but I have been given the tools to control how I deal with it.  

Trust me, neither success, nor wealth can lift the veil.

Depression isn't something I would wish on anybody, not even you Roby, but you do need to realise that not everything in life has an easy solution.

Maybe one day you will be granted the gift of empathy for your fellow human beings, until you do, you have my sympathy.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 pm

I think everyone faces grief a bit differently. For Roby, he is probably a bit angry, and I can see his point.

Everyone's upset, and they show it in different ways. In fact, my first response to grief is usually anger myself. It takes me awhile to hit the sadness part, but when it does it is like a ton of bricks.

My point is, it's easy to discredit someone else opinion because it differs from our own. But going through life being right all the time isn't what it's all about. Life isn't easy, no matter who you are, so any positive impact you can make on another person's life is what gives meaning to it all.

Robin Williams gave countless people a smile, lightening up their day. He's had a positive impact on so many and I think there is something honorable and noble in that. People should focus on that, and think how they can make their own positive contributions to society.

Just bums me out that he's gone and people are arguing about it. Sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:20 am

Roby Lambourne wrote:
The Robin Williams media stories are getting on my tits now. Depression doesn't kill people. If people decide death is their only option, then quite frankly, cheerio! Take my sympathy with you on the way out. Unless you are being tortured and will be for the foreseeable future, or if you are suffering from terminal or long term pain then they are the only acceptable causes for suicide or euthanasia in my opinion.
But If the problems from depression is caused by stress about money, relationships, bullying, location or other such menial exterior problem, then you should receive no sympathy for your selfish actions and quite frankly pathetic actions.

There are other numerous options to exhaust before contemplating suicide in any situation. Like moving house, like avoiding people who are causing you the issues to such a devastating degree or plain up steeling yourself though that is understandably the most difficult option. If the case is bullying, where people commit suicide because someone repeatedly called them names than that's your problem and shouldn't pass it onto others to mourn in your stead. I would contemplate committing murder before suicide if things were that drastic. I just guess some people have more of a fight for survival mentality than others.

Godbothers I don't even have time for, if people still think there is an afterlife than to be quite frank just leave em to get on with it and stop lowing the average IQ of the human population.

The last one on your macabre list however is sad and just a shame all forms of cancer are not extinct by now. And I am going on a plane soon, so I ain't promising anything till after at least I land on the other side. And that's my probable controversial rant over with for now. Razz

Oh, and *hugs*

I can see from your words that you don't know what the FUCK you are talking about you ignorant Asshole. Unless you suffer from depression and are being treated for it, don't comment on what you don't fucking know. Do some research before you sprout your shit.
Back to top Go down
Fordo
Commoner
Fordo

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:23 am

Deleted this message Smile  pig 

Last edited by Fordo on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:22 am

In the past if I heard a celebrity was depressed I'd think "oh how terrible it must be to cry in your ferrari" but for Robin Williams I really feel for him. Maybe it's the presence he had in my childhood through the movies he was in, or the fact part of his depression stemmed from money worries, something I myself worry about on a daily basis. But eitherway it's a sad thing to happen and I'll be sure to rewatch Jumangi and other movies I didn't even realise he was in Smile

I just read this and thought it was insightful.

http://www.umbrelr.com/robin-williams-die-suicide/

The Article wrote:
“Robin Williams didn’t die from suicide. I only just heard the sad, sad news of Robin Williams’s death. My wife sent me a message to tell me he had died, and, when I asked her what he died from, she told me something that nobody in the news seems to be talking about.
When people die from cancer, their cause of death can be various horrible things – seizure, stroke, pneumonia – and when someone dies after battling cancer, and people ask “How did they die?”, you never hear anyone say “pulmonary embolism”, the answer is always “cancer”. A Pulmonary Embolism can be the final cause of death with some cancers, but when a friend of mine died from cancer, he died from cancer. That was it. And when I asked my wife what Robin Williams died from, she, very wisely, replied “Depression”.
The word “suicide” gives many people the impression that “it was his own decision,” or “he chose to die, whereas most people with cancer fight to live.” And, because Depression is still such a misunderstood condition, you can hardly blame people for not really understanding. Just a quick search on Twitter will show how many people have little sympathy for those who commit suicide…

But, just as a Pulmonary Embolism is a fatal symptom of cancer, suicide is a fatal symptom of Depression. Depression is an illness, not a choice of lifestyle. You can’t just “cheer up” with depression, just as you can’t choose not to have cancer. When someone commits suicide as a result of Depression, they die from Depression – an illness that kills millions each year. It is hard to know exactly how many people actually die from Depression each year because the figures and statistics only seem to show how many people die from “suicide” each year (and you don’t necessarily have to suffer Depression to commit suicide, it’s usually just implied). But considering that one person commits suicide every 14 minutes in the US alone, we clearly need to do more to battle this illness, and the stigmas that continue to surround it. Perhaps Depression might lose some its “it was his own fault” stigma, if we start focussing on the illness, rather than the symptom. Robin Williams didn’t die from suicide. He died from Depression*. It wasn’t his choice to suffer that.”

Two things should be taken from this tragic event
1) Honour what a great man he was in his comic relief.
2) "one person commits suicide every 14 minutes in the US alone"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's life treating ya?
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next