AuthorMessage
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Funny stuff. - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Oooooooo, plussed.
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Yea sink them Tel, do it for Tosher
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 am

Lance68har wrote:
Hey Fitz . . . why are you wearing one of my banners? Razz

Fixed cheers

When I was talking to you the other day, when I said you should use the blue banner, I accidentally copied that into my NNGO banner.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 am

why would they sink telcara? they are just asking for trouble, aren't they
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:09 am

What has Rougue's lass gotten him into? I almost vouched for him just now, he and I have been friends since I first started RK back in 06 and he isn't the goody two shoes type. But I took a look and see he's married to some English navy type and they seem to be sharing a ship. Oh the crazy things we do for love.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Payne
Commoner
Mr.Payne

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 am

Lance68har wrote:
Yeah that's taking it too far. Those are genovese warships too, not carracks.

Combined they have 30 HP and 2 battles points . . . the same as you. If you can't out-run them, you at least can match them. You should destroy one at least.

Sorry Galloway sucks right :/.

Those are the combined stats for 2 Genovese Ships. 2 Genovese Warships have the same HP, but 12 battle points in total.
14 if both captains have Basic Naval Combat. Not exactly a close match if that's the case Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
swampi
Commoner
swampi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 am

anto_capone wrote:
why would they sink telcara? they are just asking for trouble, aren't they

Jewbeard wrote:
Dear citizens of Galloway, I apologise for misspeaking. I am not trying to claim the waters between Galloway and Westmorland for one county or the other, but instead sent my usual form letter which is a lot more relevant when used in the Irish Sea.

The Westmorland Navy is charged with identifying all ships that could threaten Westmorland's port, and that includes shipping in the bay here. It does not mean we consider ourselves as having a right to claim the territory as our own. I'm sure some might want to try to forment trouble between our counties on this basis, but I'm sure the people of Galloway will accept my most humble apologies for this verbal transgression.

That said, of course... it seems this ship contains .Swampi, who has been declared an enemy of England by our King. That it also is captained by Telcara, who has been declared an enemy by [OOC: edit to remove King] County as well after she turned against the nation of her birth and brought food to the beleaguered invaders at the siege of Carlisle... that is a bonus too.

I have as well a letter from Admiral Nivera, posted with her permission:

"To Telcara., commander of the Plankton:

As a declared enemy of Westmorland, you are being pursued by the Westmorland Navy. By aiding the army of .Swampi, also an enemy of Westmorland, your ship is no longer sailing as a neutral vessel. In response, we will respond in defense of England and our people.

Nivera Goodwyn
Fleet Admiral, Westmorland Navy"

Jewbeard wrote:
[OOC: Edited my post, apologies, Tel was not declared enemy by the King, only by WML. That being said...]

The King has given permission to sink any ship with Swampi upon it, and beyond that, Westmorland has ordered the sinking of Telcara. We will not pursue her into port, which would violate Galloway's sovereignty.

tel was sunk in port
she went to the natural port in pld drummore

Telcara. wrote:
[rp]I'm docking here at the natural port {Drummore} - do as you promised and cease your attacks. Its Galloway territory and I have done nothing wrong but to be in the country I live in. I got a merchant cog for muffin's sake. Its a shitty lil ant compared to yours.

~Telcara[/rp]

Funny stuff. - Page 32 Fe77a7de

the royal shitiness statement on all this

Rothar.i wrote:
Scots in trouble?

While Swampi came to Galloway uninvited, and was asked to vacate
the county on one or two occasions she did act ignorant in this regard.

Calum had asked for Swampi and her army to leave initially apparently
she had some problems that she couldn't fix in time.
Galloway Armies would of let Swampi's army go through to Glasgow without incident.
As we really all wanted her to go back to Glasgow.

However its come to my attention that Telcara's ship, "The Plankton", was sunk by Westmorland this is terrible such an attack could happen.

This isn't a isolated incident, Scotland has been losing ships for a while now.
I must attributed it to authorities not building adequate Navy fleets to keep our own Scotland citizens safe.
I hope this timely reminder wake Scotland up that a Navy is just as much prevalant as it was originally when sea lanes first opened... as it just as much relevant today.

Also Westmorland had offered Galloway a treaty, which Galloway politely refused.
I shall do my best to ask the Westmorland Duke, why a strike on Telcara's vessel was warranted or needed.

But I suggest maybe staying away from Westmorland until this dispute is all sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 am

So you just lost your new ship Telcara? Doesn't this asks for revenge...
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:45 am

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=1892606
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 am

so the ship was sunk? any events saying how much damage and stuff?

revenge?
Back to top Go down
swampi
Commoner
swampi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 am

tel had posted this in hh yuesterday

Telcara. wrote:
19-01-2012 00:00 : Your formation has inflicted 1 points of damage to the following boats: Tazmanian Devil, HMS Princess Gabriella..
19-01-2012 00:00 : Your ship has incurred 7 points of damage.
19-01-2012 00:00 : Your engineering skills have allowed you to avoid being hit.
18-01-2012 22:00 : Your formation has inflicted 2 points of damage to the following boats: Tazmanian Devil, HMS Princess Gabriella..
18-01-2012 22:00 : Your ship has incurred 5 points of damage.
18-01-2012 20:00 : Weather conditions were too bad for you to be able to move
18-01-2012 20:00 : Your formation has inflicted 2 points of damage to the following boats: HMS Princess Gabriella..
18-01-2012 20:00 : Your ship has incurred 5 points of damage.
18-01-2012 20:00 : Your engineering skills have allowed you to avoid being hit.

I have not initiated any attack. Its is the naval combat skill, like 1 damgage is worth something to 7 anyway.

and as far as revenge goes

seems i am enemy of england because i have such close ties with the nngo Laughing

*digs her whip out

get to it guys

Last edited by swampi on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:11 am

So her ship was sunk and all their King does is blame his own people? That is messed up. I would have thought the appropriate response was to kill list any English person that came through the boarder. WTH has happened to Scotland.....
Back to top Go down
swampi
Commoner
swampi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:13 am

not scotland

galloway
it is the new ayr
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:13 am

that all of them?

just asking because it looks like

tel receive 17 points of damage, is 30 total life i think

and english each receive 5 points of damage, forget how much life these things got; wonder how close to dead they are?

Back to top Go down
swampi
Commoner
swampi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:14 am

that was before reset
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 am

hmm, i bet those english ships are pretty fucked up about right now...
Back to top Go down
aasha
Capo Regime
Capo Regime
aasha

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 am

Too bad we ken nae get som'one there to finish the damage Tel started on those English shippies before they get back to 'English shores'
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 am

Telcara wrote:
19-01-2012 08:00 : Your formation has inflicted 2 points of damage to the following boats: Tazmanian Devil, HMS Princess Gabriella..
19-01-2012 08:00 : Your ship has incurred 4 points of damage.
19-01-2012 08:00 : Plankton your boat has sunk. The mother fish thanks you.
19-01-2012 08:00 : Your engineering skills have allowed you to avoid being hit.
19-01-2012 04:00 : Your ship moved in the desired direction
19-01-2012 04:00 : Your formation has inflicted 3 points of damage to the following boats: Tazmanian Devil, HMS Princess Gabriella..
19-01-2012 04:00 : Your ship has incurred 9 points of damage.
19-01-2012 00:00 : Your formation has inflicted 1 points of damage to the following boats: Tazmanian Devil, HMS Princess Gabriella..
19-01-2012 00:00 : Your ship has incurred 7 points of damage.
19-01-2012 00:00 : Your engineering skills have allowed you to avoid being hit.
18-01-2012 22:00 : Your formation has inflicted 2 points of damage to the following boats: Tazmanian Devil, HMS Princess Gabriella..
18-01-2012 22:00 : Your ship has incurred 5 points of damage.
18-01-2012 20:00 : Weather conditions were too bad for you to be able to move
18-01-2012 20:00 : Your formation has inflicted 2 points of damage to the following boats: HMS Princess Gabriella..
18-01-2012 20:00 : Your ship has incurred 5 points of damage.
18-01-2012 20:00 : Your engineering skills have allowed you to avoid being hit.

In 5 rounds, it was all over.

I'm sorry for everyone who lost money and possessions. As you know, none of us could see this act coming. I myself lost £6000 worth of a ship and another £3000 in money and goods. Luckily I have a sword and shield equipped which I can sell, and as I arrived in Ardencaple I had a corn harvest ready to comfort me. I thought at least some tiny percentage would be spared. Oh well, it is what it is.

Swampi, Averell, Renie - you have a sword and shield you can ask someone to buy.

I see that I have two choices here; do what I have said in the past and let Telcara die.

Except that I ressurected already.

I'm going down in a honest fight and not a fight of cowards.

I urge you, Swampi, to not let what they did get to you. Make your earnings and together will we seek for revenge.

I didn't return fire as I thought there might be a small chance they would cease it. Before getting any ship I asked King Faheud

Faheud wrote:
You then asked: "To the actual question, what's the policy or how to say that the navy has? Sink any scottish ship on sight or similar? I'm wondering how I would be treated if sailing past England. And don't go Westmorland on me, saying its safe and then sneak attack ;D"

The Royal English Navy has orders to not be firing on ships without being fired upon or heaving the direct order of the King to so do--which would not occur sans declaration of hostilities.

I was not considered someone hostile at that time, heck, Tosher and I walked back through England to my old home in Lichfield without any problems about a year ago. I'm considered a threat now because of the war in Carlisle more than two years ago which is Tel's only naughty act ever. Then they changed it to that Swampi and her army was a threat. She disbanded it as they should not have the joy of that. I sent them a message saying her one woman army was disbanded even. So only Swampi was a threat... except Swampi has only ever left Glasgow to go to Galloway on a few occasions. Last time she was in England was four years ago.

Edit: I don't have access to Highlands Hall at this time for some odd reason, I will post the whole shit in a proper thread here.

Last edited by Telcara on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am

The Genovese Warship - Genovese Ship
(Level 3 port) - (level 2 port)
Life: 15 - 15
Battle points: 6 - 1
Crew: 5 - 2
Space: 5 - 10
Max Load: 8,000 - 16,000

They both have 5 and 7 points left

Last edited by Kazimi on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am

Looks like you did 10 points of damage to gabriella and 8 to taz devil. Not bad.

I imagine they will run home now and fix those junky little warships.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 pm

James wrote:
What has Rougue's lass gotten him into? I almost vouched for him just now, he and I have been friends since I first started RK back in 06 and he isn't the goody two shoes type. But I took a look and see he's married to some English navy type and they seem to be sharing a ship. Oh the crazy things we do for love.

He wasnt "bad guy" too. Pseudo-rogue, like pretty much all (ex)wos. They like to be "bad" on forums, but if needed will fiercely defend that same England's government that usually is mocking them down.

Btw, not the same guy, who was the duke of Lancaster, told to the public that he's wos and then resigned because others in cc didnt like that ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Rogue's cool.....good at RP and doesn't take it to ooc. It's great to see he is having fun with the game as last year he was tempted to quit...though I wish it wasn't sinking our RK friends ships. Mik may have to go talk to him and give him a smack or two..
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Egbert wrote:
Fury and nngo are the enemies of all freedom loving people. We can all rejoice that yet another blow was made against these vile organisations. Maybe, Scotland can finally throw off the inferiority complex and stop trying to impress England with your scary sabre rattling and develop a functioning society that doesnt fall to criminals every 6 month if you helped fight off the plague of fury in your lands.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Can't wait to get back. I'm down for whatever Smile
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Mikhaila wrote:
Rogue's cool.....good at RP and doesn't take it to ooc. It's great to see he is having fun with the game as last year he was tempted to quit...though I wish it wasn't sinking our RK friends ships. Mik may have to go talk to him and give him a smack or two..

He's an arse. I told him as I have square sails I can't maneuver as well as a ship with lateen. The docking at natural port was a bluff I did to see if Jewbeard was true to his words about not attacking in a dock - he's not. I never docked but they would've never seen the difference.

I also told him that if the roles were reversed I wouldn't do shit to him with my defenceless merchant cog. Again, stating that I have done nothing to provoke the attacks.

Quote :
Telcara,

I made no promises about anything.

Mr. Beard did if you made it into a port. Fancy trick attempting to spin words to allow a natural port.

Secondly, the last I checked Mr. Beard was not in charge of my ship nor me...even if he was I tend to have issues listening to those "in charge".

I do wonder why you never moved...and made low moves allowing us to close you in?

It really does not matter as the seas are a game of chess...you just lost this round.

If the roles were reversed we both know what you would do. You may expect the same from me for as long as I am steering this vessel. Maybe a future round will be more fortunate for you.

-R

Its easy for people to come with 'good advice' now Razz

This all lasted 5 naval rounds, of which the first I clicked the wrong direction on the map. I didn't get a registered success/failed move at all at 00.00 even though I did click move. Again, I thought they were carracks.

Yesterday I felt sad and angry at the same time, which made me more angry that I allowed a game to make me feel that way. Edwin came home from work and told me it was ok, that sometimes we need to let even such emotions through as long as we can see the difference between reality and imaginary. I was still quite upset but I at least felt it was ok to be after his words. I had a can of cider and then shares a bottle of wine with him. Near midnight I could at least cheer up and joke.

One of the things that made me feel bad was that I had promised Hebrin and HTP a safe journey. It was not only me being affected here, but others who I had taken under my wing. As Telcara and the player behind her, I stay true to my words and keep my promises. Like most people, Telcara does share some traits with me. They reassured me they were fine. Telcara pretty much begged on her knees in Ardencaple for them to join her. HTP had been out for 45 days and had just come back. My thoughts then went to Averell, Renie and Swampi. Averell is a tough guy and I was considering kicking him off at Girvan for the heck of it anyway. Renie lost all her field money savings and only has her staff and shield and nothing else. Swampi, might not like me saying this, but Swampi felt like it was her fault for Plankton being attacked. No, I told her, we have done nothing but to be inside our own country. They still don't have a valid argument for sinking Plankton. Or are they truly such arseholes that they keep something that happened 4 and 2 years ago against our characters? We will see.

I still wake up during the night even with my strong sleeping pills. I saw the event of Plankton sinking and it was somehow a relief. I didn't need to worry about it anymore. It was sunk and that's it. Now what would I do with Telcara?

I have said several times that she is worth to go down in an epic way, like being sunk. Except there's nothing awesome or epic about this. I resurrected her without given it much more thought. I will only let her rest after a good fight and not a fight of cowards.

I felt the need to write a bit OOC here. I do understand those who lost their ships. It is very unbalanced in the game but what in RK isn't. Unlike some others, Telcara paid for Plankton with her life savings, all earned honestly. Yep, its all poof and gone but as I told Angel, at least the corn field didn't sink Razz

See, I can joke about it now. I'm fine. But Telcara will only have one goal: revenge.

Telcara has pretty much always been a neutral character. Unless harmed first she never hit back. I should write like her biography or something lulz..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next