kythera
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

How's life treating ya? - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:48 am

NOW THERE ARE TWO LITTLE BASTARDS

I shit you not, I managed to wash one down, then as I stopped the tap for the other, 3 legs appeared from the plug hole again... fuck that.

Mission accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Ugh. :/

Ok, from previous experience with spiders, you absolutely cannot flush and/or wash them down the drain, no matter how much water you rain down on their asses they will come back. If Hubs isn't around to catch and release (depending on the type of spider obviously) the only thing I've found that works great on killing them without getting close, Scrubbing Bubbles. LOL! Just squirt it a few times and it dies, then you can flush it...cruel, I know, but uh...you do what ya gotta do! Occasionally I've come across brown recluses where I live, and I don't mess around with them.

Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Spiders are very squishable, just nail them with whatever you have handy. Messy but after they are dead. Stink bugs are much harder to crush. Razz
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Can always spray any bug with 91% rubbing alcohol. They asphyxiate near instantly. Careful though, sometimes it only knocks them unconscious.. Razz

I use rubbing alcohol for fruit flies. Ever forget a banana and find it rotten with 100 of the damn things flying about, a few sprays of this is much easier than spending 10-20 minutes clapping them like a madman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 am

'clapping them like a madman'

Somehow that had me imagining some random person clapping like a seal on XTC whilst running about the kitchen. Laughing Good tip though, with the warm summer we've had a ton of those annoying little bustards. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 am

Spring, Anto... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe I'll be running around with a nail gun in one hand and a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol in the other now...or maybe not, guess it depends if anyone's watching. LOL!!! And ditto Myst! haha

And omg! What is with the stink bug epidemic lately? Everytime I turn around I see one! They're everywhere, it's a conspiracy...O.o
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:56 pm

There are at present 20 of the bastards in my bathroom. I checked when I went to have a shower and happily washed the one I saw down the drain...I come out of the shower, and there is this siege force surrounding the window and sink daring me to go for the door.

How's life treating ya? - Page 15 Stink+bug

for you who have never had the pleasure... here is a lovely picture of the thing that can kill me :p

I personally love this quote about them

Quote :
There is no need for alarm if they are found inside. They do not bite, for their mouth parts are adapted to sucking tree sap from cones, not biting or chewing. Their only downside, apart from those squeamish about insects in the home, is the foul odour they emit if disturbed. Thus the ‘stink bug’ moniker, one well earned. Crushing them is not advised, even picking them up can result in an unfortunate olfactory experience. Encourage them to move onto a piece of paper, then release them back outside.

The insects are entirely harmless, unless you’re running a tree nursery and trying to gather seeds from conifer trees.

I have been bitten numerous times...and as for the harmless...

evil bastards!

On the up side of life... my favorite Defensive Back made some pretty sweet plays yesterday and his team totally kicked ass on a stacked opposing team that played dirty (I'll not rant about team stacking today) The teachers strike is FINALLY over and kids are back in school! And that dumb Hawaiian boy I tend to go visit and play ddo with is back on dry land after being in Guam playing on navy ships.... very cool side note on that.... he might have been on Jaayse's ship! (still trying to find that part out, their stuff was being jammed by someone and while he's back, she's still out... so may have to wait to find out for sure)
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:09 am

I was gone for 2 days and spiders moved in to take my place. In the shower minding my own business, saw a yellow sac spider on the ceiling. He died by way of Tilex Daily Shower spray.

Woke up and saw a spider the size of a large hamster on the wall. I got the big guns out for him- actual spider poison. Turned off the ceiling fan, broke out the step stool, sprayed so much of the poison that it was dripping down the wall. That fucker put up a decent fight. But lost. Of course.

Pardon me while I examine my renters insurance to see if "lighting apartment on fire because spiders" is a legit claim.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:57 pm

My mum bought me this spider deterrent that she guaranteed would work.  I told her it didn't and she refused to believe me.  So, next time she visits, I have spray in hand and an assortment of spiders on my wall with their 'Hell No! We won't go!" placards.

"So, this stuff works right?"
"Yes, indeed"
"Okay."

I spray liberal quantities of the stuff on them and I swear the cheeky fuckers pulled out brollies!  Needless to say, they are still there and my mother has gone off seeking a refund Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:22 pm

A few days ago, my brother (who thankfully doesn't live in the same house Razz) woke up because something was tickling his leg... was a big, hairy, ugly spider.

Seriously, what's going on with the world? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 pm

I don't know! I was ready to take on Zombies. But spiders? Fuckin kill me now.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:09 am

Couldn't find our damn cork screw, half hour later, dry wall screw, pry bar and pair of pliers later...yeah, hubby and I have decided it's not going to need recorked after tonight.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 12:11 am

Life is busy.
College, work, college, work, work, college.
Since I was about 16, every few months something would happen in my life and I'd think "aha, I've figured out what life is" and after a month or so passed I'd realise "fuck no I've still no clue"
This time, I realise life is working your ass off for fuck all money until you die or retire with a pension. I hope I discover I'm wrong about that Sad
Been working for a few months now and could almost afford to pay off a year of tuition already. But very soon I'll be figuring out if I need to pay it or not. (Government grant)

Anyone remember (or care to remember) this time last year? I had no job but attented college for two months assuming I'd be awarded a grant that'd pay for it? Turned out i didnt get it so college was put on hold for a year.. Sad times.
This year I do have a job so it won't matter. That's a victory for me Very Happy
Sorry if this post is badly typed, its 5am and I'm on mobile Surprised
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 am

So Sheffield hospital is supposed to be the designated hospital for the ebola crisis centre should the virus make it to Britain, which of course it will for obvious reasons.
There is also a little known secret that the medowhall shopping centre (that's a mall to you strange peoples from strange foreign lands) has hundreds of thousands of body bags under it in case of a mass disaster. Fun times.
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 pm

I miss my friends Sad
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:21 am

That's great Aidan! ^^

I've really been trying to just steer clear of reading/hearing any news this week, Roby, just for that reason O.o not that it stops hubby from telling me all about it by the time he gets home, ugh...lol!

Awwa Terra!!! BIG BIG HUGGSSS <3

Now that I've basically got my FM under control w/out the use of heavy duty meds, been trying to find an obgyn that'll actually work with me to help me become pregnant. I'm considered high risk and my current doc keeps telling me to think about adopting, not that I wouldn't absolutely love to but hubby isn't keen to the idea. Maybe a second opinion will help, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Aidan wrote:
Life is busy.

This year I do have a job so it won't matter. That's a victory for me Very Happy

<3 <3

Terrasophia wrote:
I miss my friends Sad

<3 <3 <3 <3

Trinity wrote:
been trying to find an obgyn that'll actually work with me to help me become pregnant.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Finally finished the first draft of a short film script Very Happy

My first attempt at a Gothic thriller, about a sociopathic murdering key maker.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks Trin

Toasti Jen wrote:
Aidan wrote:
Life is busy.

<3 <3

And regarding that ^^ I got a letter yesterday, I got the grant Laughing That's gonna save me €2,500/year(!!!!) I don't even know where to begin celebrating Laughing

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

king
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Aidan wrote:
Thanks Trin

Toasti Jen wrote:
Aidan wrote:
Life is busy.

<3 <3

And regarding that ^^ I got a letter yesterday, I got the grant Laughing That's gonna save me €2,500/year(!!!!) I don't even know where to begin celebrating Laughing

king

TO THE PUB!
Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:29 pm

ahlia wrote:
Aidan wrote:
Thanks Trin

Toasti Jen wrote:
Aidan wrote:
Life is busy.

<3 <3

king

TO THE PUB!

And beyond? *couldn't resist.* <.<
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:46 pm

congrats aidan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Just played my first ever game of cards against humanity

WHY DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS GAME SOONER!?

Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

I love cards against humanity. You can play it online as well (totally free, no sign-up).

http://pyz.socialgamer.net/
Back to top Go down
kythera
Commoner
kythera

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:42 am

We played Cards against Humanity with my parents last Christmas... omg funniest experience of my life. My mom kept making the most hilarious, dirty answers, and we were all so shocked that she came up with them!

We should totally get a game together on that site sometime...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's life treating ya?
Page 15 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next